Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 AM   #76  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Top O' the Mornin to ya chickies...

OK...looks like we've all (except for Elisha, thank you!) been MIA this week!! What's up with that??? Everybody busy???

I'm going to do a quick check in here because my week has not been exactly a great one! Just still feeling unmotivated, but what's new? I did make it through yesterday without sugar! Yea! And food was pretty good, although I didn't get to eat supper last night until after 8pm!!! I was sooo hungry! I ended up eating a bowl of Corn chowder...not the best choice, but it could have been worse!

Today is going to be a challenge for me...we are having a Shamrock Bar at work and I'm in charge of it, of course! I may have to indulge a little and have some icecream! Choc. chip mint is my favorite! I think that's better than trying to completely resist and fight that urge for 2 hours...I may end up bingeing if I do that! OK...so that's the game plan...just a little ice cream today...then that's it!

As far as exercise, I have only done a little this week, but I feel like I have been so busy all week! I did some Tai Chi on a couple of mornings, but that's not really aerobic, but I will count it toward my minutes. I will kick it into gear this weekend and get some good workouts done!

Yesterday was weigh in day, but I didn't weigh. I was at the Dr. on Monday and I was at 181 (sigh)!!! Maybe her scale is a bit high....

I really want to get 10 lbs off before I go on vacation in 2 weeks, but that is probably not realistic...maybe 5, though???? What I would give to be back at 170 (that sounds insane from a short girl, but it's the best I can wish for right now...)

Did anyone watch Primetime last night??? It is interesting how the human body reacts to a "threat" of humiliation. We sure work hard, don't we? Maybe that's the secret...tell everyone we are GOING to lose 10 lbs by such a date and see what happens....I don't know...I guess public humiliation is really not the best motivator for most of us!!! Although...having pictures shown on national TV of me in a bikini WOULD be disgusting!!!
Go here if you want to see a clip from the show...
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #77  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Question Question of the Day

What do you do when you slip up? Do you beat yourself up over it? Do you have an all-or-nothing mentality and end up on a total binge? Do you get right back on track and pick up where you left off?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #78  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies (wherever you are)!

I am doing so bad right now. I stop and start and stop again. This morning I stepped on the scale and it read 218.4. Usually I weight 3 times to make sure it’s accurate (ok, so I’m neurotic, but you knew that), but this morning I just quickly stepped off and relegated the scale to a corner. I hate that I go back and forth all the time.

I told Steve that we’re going on a diet. Of course, this weekend is the worst possible weekend we could start: company coming tonight and a wedding tomorrow. And then next weekend we’re having a party.

I got 2 new Cooking Light cookbooks yesterday, the 2005 Annual Cookbook and Superfast Suppers. I love cookbooks. I have so many of them, and a huge collection of recipes I’ve gathered online as well. And I rarely use any of them. I’ll browse through them and get an idea, then I’ll just throw something together. I even have meal plans and grocery lists all made out for me. And I love to cook. So why don’t I?

Most of the time I just don’t have the time, much less the energy. And I don’t really have a well-stocked pantry where I can just reach in and grab the ingredients called for. I’m getting closer, bit by bit, but I’m not there yet.

I just never seem organized enough to make it there. If there’s something specific I want to cook, I have to figure out what I have and what I need and make a specific trip to the store. I know, I should just plan my meals for the week and make a grocery list from that.

So perhaps I will. I love to sit down with my cookbooks and pick things out that look simple enough and tasty enough. There’s no reason I can’t come up with a whole week’s worth of menus. Then again, I would need 2 weeks, as we only go grocery shopping every 2 weeks (on payday). But still, that’s not that much of a stretch. And it would probably save us money in the long run.

And I need to plan when we eat out and cut down on that as well. I went to Wendy’s yesterday for lunch just because I didn’t feel like eating the lunch that I brought with me (I will eat it today though, and it is healthy—a small veggie pasta salad, a banana, and some baby carrots). We spend so much money on food. I think it would be interesting to track all of our food expenditures for a few weeks, or even a month, to see just how much we really do spend on food and how much we could cut down. I’m sure there’s lots of money—and calories—that we could be saving.

But I need to involve Steve in this, and that is rather difficult. I’m not sure he’ll see the benefit of planning menus, as I always find something to fix anyway. And he rarely takes the food I fix to work with him for lunch, even though I usually make extra specifically so he can take some for lunch. Perhaps he would if I prepared it for him, but at this point that just seems like an extra hassle for me, one more thing he can get out of doing for himself. No one has packed a lunch for me since I was about 8.

So anyway, Mom and Dad finally brought my bed last night. It was SOOOO comfortable after sleeping on Steve’s crappy mattress for weeks. They also brought my desk, which I hadn’t expected and have nowhere to put at the moment. But that’s ok. I think I will put one in the spare bedroom and use it as a vanity. After all, I need somewhere to put all my makeup, and I have a lot of it (seriously, how many people do you know who have metallic pistachio green eyeliner on hand?).

But I got a few things put away last night, and a few more this morning. Steve is hogging all the closet space. It’s ridiculous. I think perhaps Sunday I will make him go through his clothes and weed out a bunch to give to Goodwill. He doesn’t wear the vast majority of them anyway. Then we will have more room.

So tonight Steve and I will be having leftovers for dinner, since there are a bunch of them in the frig (since he doesn’t take leftovers for lunch as they’re intended). Our company says they will arrive around 9 or 10. I threw the sheets for their bed in the washer this morning, so I will dry them and make the bed tonight. I asked Steve to vacuum during the day today, as I hate vacuuming and he doesn’t mind), but I’m not holding my breath. I asked him to do a few other things as well: take out the trash, carry the dirty laundry to the basement, put the vacuums in the closet. Not that much, really—I did more than that this morning before work—but I doubt it will all get done. I will just have him do it when I get home.

He did say he’ll go to the grocery store for me today. I asked him to get me a couple of things so I could make us a breakfast casserole tomorrow. He has to go buy a wedding gift for tomorrow anyway, and the grocery store is right there, so perhaps he will remember. I will call him in a little while to make sure, so at least if he didn’t go I will know to stop on my way home.

So I’ve come up with a new goal for me. I want to be 200 by my birthday, May 29. That’s 15-18 pounds (depending on the day) I have to lose in about 2 months. I know it’s possible, I’ve done it before. But I’ve got to get cracking, and I’ve got to stay on track. I may ask Steve to join me in making some kind of weight-related goal. Hopefully this weekend I can sit down and plan out some menus. That will be a step in the right direction.

Question of the Day
What do you do when you slip up? Do you beat yourself up over it? Do you have an all-or-nothing mentality and end up on a total binge? Do you get right back on track and pick up where you left off?
I beat myself up over it. Sometimes I end up going on a total binge, but more often than not I try to at least start the next day well and go from there. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I do do the “I’ve already ruined today, I might as well make it worth it” thing. But typically I try to get back on track each day. Usually I wait until the next morning though, for some reason.

OK, I’ve got stuff to do. Have a happy St. Patrick’s Day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #79  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies. Sorry I haven't been around- this having no computer at the old house is getting old. Hopefully all goes well with hubby's schedule today, and he can pick up the all-in-one from BestBuy, and then take down his office tonight, and move his office up over the weekend, get him fully set up, and come Monday, he'll be able to roll out of bed & shuffle into his office. Then, by next weekend, we should have a truck rented to move a lot of the bulky stuff from storage, & some furniture out of the house.

The "stupid thing of the week" is that 2 times in the last 10 days, the cleaning people have thrown out a plastic cup on me. Not a small paper cup, or something you'd think was disposable, but a 32oz plastic, molded cup. Doesn't allow me to get my water in if I've got nothing to put it into. I thought I was losing my mind when I came in, reached for it, and it was nowhere to be found. Grrr!

Ok, chickies, I have 6000 addresses that I need to enter into labels for a massive mailing that we'll be doing. NewGirl & I are typing our fingers to the bone, and that's going to be my main focus the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend- once I get settled in this weekend & have internet, I'll catch up with things
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #80  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Long post ahead! I try not to bore people with long posts. Please forgive me, I can't stop loving you.

OK, knee news. Probably a tear in cartilege, says the doctor. Right now, he says to take pain medications and do some exercises. I go back to see him in two weeks. If my knee isn't better by then, we will consider surgery. I don't want surgery, because I don't want to take time off of jujitsu. Also, recovering from surgery would make it hard to lose weight -- the last time I had surgery on my legs, I gained a lot of weight. Plus, I have two weddings to attend this summer, and I am not keen on traveling to the mainland while using crutches.

At any rate, I am doing my exercises, taking my pain meds, and hoping that I can return to biking as well as keep up with jujitsu.

Still, I am a little depressed. The reason is that I read yesterday in Readers Digest that obese people are fifteen more times likely than normal sized people to tear cartilege in their knees. Ironically, I was reading the magazine while I was sitting in the doctor's office. I am mad at myself -- I never should have let myself gain fifty pounds. This injury is my responsibility. Even though I never was obese, undoubtedly my weight gain put stress on my knees. Now I am paying the consequences.

Anyway, today I am recommitting myself to losing weight. All of us in our little group constantly seem to be recommitting ourselves. Maybe we could recommit ourselves each morning and then not mess up during the day?

Jennifer -- Ah, the bar exam results won't come in until June. By then, it would be too late to sign up for the July exam. I might sign up for that exam now, because I'm pretty sure I failed this time around.

MsRD -- I'm with you on needing to count calories, and stick to my limit every day! I could keep up that habit just a few years ago... why can't I do it now? Congrats on losing that pound. The doctor was happy, yes?

Elisha -- Hills are great exercise. You will build muscle in no time. At my undergrad, there were hills all over the place. The saying around campus was that you could tell who attended our university, by the size of people's calves. New pets are needy, so don't worry about Ella. She'll calm down once she realizes that she has a permanent home. And YES, walk her in the mornings. I hear you about the frustrations with feeding your man. When I went on the bar-exam-study-binge for two weeks, Hubby never went grocery shopping. He never cooked healthy food. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't take up that responsibility, even if only temporarily.

Julie -- Thank you for calling us on Middle o' the Month Syndrome. We're right at the middle-mark o' March today. Let's all end the month like we usually start the month. Who cares whether you lose weight, you asked? We do, chiquitita! (If you know the ABBA song, sing it in your head and think of us.) Yeah, five pounds in two weeks is realistic, if you stick to your plan. Just think about that goal every time you want to go off plan.

What is your biggest weight-related health concern? High blood pressure? Diabetes?

Diabetes. My father is struggling with it. And my ability to stay active. Frankly, I'll never thrive at jujitsu so long as I have too much body fat.

What are some of your favorite healthy foods? List at least 5.

Broccoli, orange juice, Boca burgers, salads, black olives.

What doubts or fears, if any, do you have about your ability to lose weight?

That I won't be able to lose the weight, and that I'll gain it back. Positive thinking: I can succeed, because I have the tools necessary and I am a strong woman.

Does your weight loss or motivation seem to move in cycles? How do you break out of it?

I have trouble during PMS, and I lose motivation after about three weeks of being OP. Hmm... that timing is suspicious. Maybe I have to be more mindful of PMS.

What are your physical signs of hunger? Do you wait for them before eating? Do you try to prevent them?

My belly growls and I get a headache. I'll put up with a growling belly for an hour, but if I get a headache, I'll eat something.

I beat myself up. If I have one bad day, my problem is that it tends to turn into two bad days, and then more. If I could do better right away the next day, I wouldn't gain back weight.

I liked the Primetime show, and I would be willing to commit to a threat. Even though threats aren't how I want to motivate myself as a habit, I don't mind having one threat. Elisha and Julie have already picked weight loss time goals. I'll continue working on my April 21 goal. What should our accontability motivator be?

Another idea I've had is that we could encourage each other by pointing out patterns in each other's behavior that seem to trip each of us up. I could use an outsider perspective. If any of you have noticed a trigger or habit that seems to de-rail me in this weight loss effort, please point it out to me. And if you want, I'll do the same for you.

M'kay, have a good day, ladies.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #81  

Happy Friday!

it has been a wonderfully busy week and that always make the time fly! I got on the scale this morning (just feeling lucky, I guess) and I was down another pound! This is a good thing, though I wish it were more! Of course, at this rate, I will be down nearly 40 pounds by year end! And I could live with that!

Jennifer......So glad to hear from you! I know you are busy and we appreciate when you can just pop in to say hi. It sounds like you are nearly ready to make the final push and finish this moving stuff. Won't it be nice when you can live in just one place at a time?

Julie.....Sorry you are having a tough week, but glad you haven't given up. Good job on avoiding the sugar again! Five pounds in the next couple of weeks is very doable.....with a lot of effort and concentration on your part.....but I know you can do it!

Elisha.....I have the same problem with planning meals.....there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. Or, if I do have something planned, sometimes that gets derailed if DH isn't feeling well. Anway, have a great weekend with your guests and at the wedding!

TBJ......So good to hear from you, although the 'knee news' is a little scary. Follow your doctors instructions and cross your fingers.....anything to avoid surgery! Give the calorie counting and journalling a try....it has been very helpful for me!

Talk about 'patterns' in behavior! As I said, I lost a pound today.....and was sooo happy about that!.......and spent the rest of the day bingeing on every food that crossed my path!(I lost count of the candy bars!) Does that make me self-destructive? Is there something in my damaged little psyche that won't allow me to be successful at this? What benefit could there possibly be for me to remain obese? Too many questions......too few answers!

Have a great weekend!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #82  
motomom

Default 5# by April 1st!!!!!

You all have heard it here...I can do this! I can work out every day...or every other day...or even 3-4 times a week. I can document my food daily. I can stay away from sugar (it's been one whole week of the month of March...not too shabby!) and I can eat wholesome, healthy foods! Now, I just have to continue daily with the comittment...

Thanks for those words, TBJ...I can and I will lose those 5# and be down to 175 by April 1. I need to be accountable to you all...and when YOU see that I am wavering, please call me out on the carpet!!!! I like it when people are forthright...even if I don't want to hear it!

Tomorrow I will work out for 30 minutes and do a toning session for 15 minutes. I will repeat that on Sunday. And on Monday, I will also work out. Tuesday, I will ...
I CAN workout every day....if my body and my mind would get together and start working things out!

Tuesday I get my new orthotics. I sure hope the foot is feeling better soon! I do think that's part of the "big picture" right now. I am aching and hurting when I come home, that I don't want to even think about working out, even if it is on the bike...it sounds like a lame excuse, I know...tell me, PLEASE...what is wrong with this logic???? Especially when there are days, that I just work through the pain!

OK...tomorrow we have a school carnival at my DD's school. Never done this before, but I figure if I can get the old ladies at the nursing home to participate and have fun, this will be a walk int he park!!! LOL! I'm in charge of the "Pop walk"!! Too fun! Remember the cake walks? Just like that...only they win pop (or sodas or Cokes, for you non-midwesterners !)

Tonight was kind of a rough one for DD. I read her a story and then she made a comment to me that was kind of wierd, and then it exacerbated into a full out cry (her, not me) and then heart to heart...with me reading her the book "The Way I Feel"! Goodness! Parenting is so heart wrenching and she is one very "deep" little girl! I sure do love her!

I must go...shall we all recommit this weekend to get back on track this weekend before the train derails permanently???? I will recommit right now...
"I'm back on track and I will continue to stay that way on a daily basis... and when I really am having a rough day, I will come here and hope that my chickies will be here to love me and support me like they do!"

Thanks to all of you for keeping me on track!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #83  
motomom

Default Comments

TBJ...One more reason that we need to get this weight off...knee cartilidge tears!!! Ouch! I certainly don't want to do that. I hope you can bypass the surgery and just let this heal the way it needs to heal. No more jujitsu until it's healed??? The other thing...how can we be accountable with our "public threats"? Hmmmm....I'm going to really step out here...and say that I will take a picture of me in my bathing suit tomorrow (after I shave my legs) and if I don't get to my goal by April 1st, I will post it here so that all of you can see it!!! How's that for accountability? Too harsh? Too soft? Let me know...maybe there's something else we can do! Rewards don't work for me!

MsRD...Woo Hoo on the lb!!!!! Way to go! That's just awesome! How many is that down for you? Would you help me be accountable in reminding me daily to journal my food eaten? That would help...and I know it's being co-dependent...because we all need to take that responsiblity for ourselves, but...that's why we have each other and if I can just make it a HABIT!!!!

Elisha...Being too organized can be a problem! Trust me...I know! I try to be so organized that it gets in the way of me actually getting anything done! Just go out on a limb and cook something without a recipe. Find stuff in your house that you already have...and love...and just do it! You know the basics! I know all those extra spices and ingredients help things to taste just right, but hey...experiment and you might find that NOT using a recipe is just as much fun! Cook a nice meal this weekend and you will see! I hope Steve appreciates your cooking because my DH is not very fond of mine...oh well! It makes him be more self sufficient, anyway!!! LOL!
So...what's your strategy this weekend?

Jennifer...I know you are busy...but it's a good busy this weekend, right? YEA! So glad you will be moved in soon! Did you get that database completed? That's such tedious work...I had to do that for DH for his mailing list for HS seniors for the photography business last year! He couldn't beleive I got it done in such a short time! Speedy!
Oh...that cup thing! Superglue! That should do the trick! Or...a note attached to it that says..."This cup contains (you fill it in)!" LOL!

Have a great weekend all you chickies. I'm going to bed!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #84  

good morning!

A quiet Sunday morning here.....which shouldn't last too long as assorted kids and kidlets will arrive shortly for dinner.

Hmmmm.......Kudos to Julie for committing to a 5lb loss by April 1!! And, while we are at it, why not make it a 5lb challenge for all of us? If Julie can do this, so can the rest of us! I'm in!.........I need something to break the backsliding habits of the past!

Of course, I will not follow her lead totally regarding the bathing suit pic.......because I do not have a bathing suit and will not go through the trauma of having to get one..... and posing without one and posting on the web may be deemed pornorgraphic........AND, not least of all, my self-esteem cannot take that kind of hit.

Having said that, I am going to have to indulge in dessert today.....DGD (age 8) asked if she could be put in charge of dessert today. I gave her a recipe book for Christmas and she wants to experiment on us!

HOpe you are all having a wonderful productive weekend!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everyone

Sorry I've been AWOL.

I bought a new "ball" yesterday - comes with a video so I'm stoked for exercise. I will exercise 210 minutes for the week of March 20 - 26.

I will join in the five pound challenge for March 31.

I will post everyday (if humanly possible).

Again, sorry - and I hope to be able to support you all for the rest of the month.

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #86  
motomom

Default Yea Joy!!!!

So glad you are here and so glad you are joining in on the challenge to lose 5# in 2 weeks! It's going to be hard, but we can do it!!!

Today I exercised for 45 minutes (Aerobic & toning) and THEN...DD and I went for a hike at a local State Park. We hiked up a huge dune via steps! I really had to convince her to do this...she complained the whole way, but She beat me up those steps, for sure and was ready to turn around and come down by the time I got up there! Guess she's ready to hike with Mommy for real! Mommy needs to get back in shape! Anyway, I am going to add another 30 minutes to my overall activity today, which brings it to a grand total of 75 minutes today alone!!! That makes my grand tally for the week 195 minutes!!! (I think I have another day yet too! I'll start over tomorrow, though!) Whooo Hoo!! (Gotta toot my own horn!) I beleive I can do this 5# challenge! Today I took my pictures of me in the bathing suit! Blech! Not a very pretty sight and i hope you all don't have to be subjected to them, but we shall see!

Random thoughts: After all this exercise today, my foot is really aching, but I'm going to go take some ibuprofen for it right now! Also, all the fresh air, sun and wind made my face a little red today! It feels good to have some "color" in my cheeks in March, albeit red!! I started taking my vitamins (Calcium and Flax Seed Oil capsules) that my Dr. prescribed on Monday. I should have been taking calcium years ago, but just haven't! The Flax Seed Oil is supposed to have something that will help with the aches and pains. We'll see if it works!

Back to exercise:
Tomorrow the plan is to get up and exercise before work. I plan to exercise every day for the next two weeks! At least 20 minutes, but probably more like 45 on 3-4 days a week! So I would like to have my exercise goal be 200 minutes this next week! I'm sure I can do it!

Food: My plan of NO Sugar is not going great! It's better, but DD won a cake yesterday at her school carnival and I have indulged in a piece both yesterday and today! I finally put the cake out of sight on top of the fridge and that seems to help! I guess it could have been worse! I could have eaten the whole thing! I'm such a slave to sugar and I hate it! I really wish I wasn't! But otherwise, food has been ok today.

B-fast: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, whole grain toast, SF Latte
Lunch: Raviolli & peas
Afternoon snack: handful of cashews (probably more than I needed) and a Diet Coke
Supper: Leftover Chinese (chicken with pea pods & broccolli & bamboo shoots and rice)

Water: Not very good...only about 32 oz...need to start guzzling! I had a Diet Coke with snack this afternoon, so I didn't get in my water!

Tomorrow, I need to get in some more fruit. I don't do well eating fruit and I know that would help curb the sugar cravings. Problem is I don't really enjoy eating it. I like it ok, but it's not enjoyable to me! I love pineapple and canned peaches, pears, etc. I do like grapes and apples, too, but it seems like the work it takes to eat them is too much! Sure sounds like a lame excuse to me! Eating healthy does take more time and preparation. Maybe that's why it's so difficult for me! I'm kind of lazy when it comes to preparing food!

So, that's the game plan for tomorrow. I plan to only work 1/2 day, so if I don't drag my butt out of bed int he morning for exercise, I will surely do it when I get home!

I'm off to sort through my gazillion pictures on my computer! I'm trying to reorgainze them and make some CD's for family! I'll attach one from our walk today. We also saw some big birds (I think a pair of Great Blue Heron's along with Canadian Geese, Swans & pesty sea gulls!)

Have a great night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flag compressed.JPG (35.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Kaleigh Heron compressed.JPG (31.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by hikein2005; 03-19-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #87  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What things do you do to "focus" on food/exercise/staying healthy? Do you have little tricks to keep you on track?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #88  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Well, this weekend was chock full of food. I don’t remember what I ate Friday, but I know I ate way too much at the wedding on Saturday. Yesterday wasn’t too bad, though there was a bit too much food. I did ride the bike for 60 minutes yesterday, and I did drink my 100+ oz of water.
The scale is up to 217.4 this morning, right where I started in January. I guess it’s better than gaining. I’m just sick of it. Right now I feel like eating nothing but fruits and veggies until I lose the weight. Don’t see that happening though.

And Steve just reminded me that we’re going out to dinner tonight. His office is having a “meet your coworkers” evening at a Mexican restaurant. I think I’ll order a salad.

I’m so tired. I’m starting to think I’ve got chronic fatigue syndrome or something. I get 7-8 hours of sleep almost every night, and I’m still dead tired when I wake up, and it never gets any better, not even after my shower and three cups of coffee. I think I’ll ask my dr. about it when I go in for my annual physical in a couple of weeks.

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
Leftover piece of breakfast casserole
2 c. coffee w/FF vanilla creamer

Lunch:
Diet black cherry vanilla coke
Spicy pasta-veggie salad w/2 T. LF sour cream
Mini cheddar rice cakes

Snacks:
Banana
Baby carrots

Dinner:
Mexican, hopefully salad
Probably some chips and guacamole, because that’s my favorite

I don’t know how long the socializing is supposed to last tonight, so I don’t know if I’ll have time to fit in any exercise. I hope so. I’m sick of being fat.

On the other hand, I really want to go to bed as early as possible tonight.

But I still have things to do at home, like the last couple loads of laundry I didn’t finish yesterday and other random stuff.

Yesterday was fairly productive though. I did a bunch of laundry, I sorted out a bunch of clothes to give to Goodwill, and I got my closet and vanity organized. Steve helped me move our extra computer desk to the spare bedroom for a vanity, so now I have a place for all of my makeup and perfume. Unfortunately, I don’t have a chair with it, so I have to stand anyway. That’s ok, I’ll find something. Now I just need a mirror and I’ll be all set.

And I finally got to watch Harry Potter yesterday. Steve bought it for me more than a week ago and I hadn’t gotten to it yet. Unfortunately, the version he bought didn’t have any special features or deleted scenes or anything. I was a little disappointed. Oh well. Whenever I have a few extra bucks I’ll buy the deluxe edition and give my mom the one I have now. She’ll love it.

Question of the Day
What things do you do to "focus" on food/exercise/staying healthy? Do you have little tricks to keep you on track?
Before I moved I had little sayings posted all over the place—the frig, on my monitor, just wherever I thought I might need to see a little reminder. Sayings like “The key to happiness does not lie at the bottom of a bag of Doritos,” and “Life is always there to smack you in the face,” and “Will this bring you happiness or only temporary pleasure?” I liked seeing them. I also have some pictures of outfits I want to wear, people I want to look like, etc. I think I will print some out and post them again. I need some sort of visual cue, something to stop me from opening the frig.

OK chicks, I’ve got things to do. Have a wonderful day.
~Elisha
Old 03-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #89  

Hello all!

I did so well in the food dept today.....until I got home and 'found' the Krispy Treats. Calories came in around 1600....not bad, but not the calories one can lose 5# with! I will put in a little extra effort in exercising tonight to make up for it!

Joy.....I am so glad you checked in and are on board for exercise and 5# by months end! We need all the help from each other that we can get!

Julie....Wow, chickie, now that is a lot of exercise! You really mean business! Hmmmm......ever think of substituting fruit juice for your fruit portions? Or taking your fruit and make a smoothie?

Elisha....It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your friends. Hmmmm....I think I would mention your tiredness to your doctor, as 7-8 hours should be enough to keep you perking.

FYI......just read that sleep deprivation causes an increase in your level of cortisol hormone (a stress hormone)......and that in turn tells your body to store more fat. Guess that means I will be going to bed early tonight!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:41 PM   #90  
motomom

Default Monday Night

Evening chickies...quick check in then I'm off to bed!

I did well with food today, but no because I had a lick of DD's frosting on her cake and a cookie today! Thank goodness the cake is now gone! I made her eat it all until it was gone (Mean Mommy!) There was only one piece left!

Exercise was tonight...only 30 minutes...I am so sore from all those steps yesterday! OWIE!

I'll try to get up in the morning early and get in some exercise, but it's doubtful that I will! I just can't seem to make myself do this! Maybe I need to go to bed earlier...

Thanks for the support MsRD with the 5# challenge! You keep up the good work. This doesn't come easy! I like smoothies...that way I can get in my protein with the supplement, too! Good idea! Thanks! I have some cherries in my freezer and think I will make one in the morning! DD will want one too! She loves them!

OK...that's about it chickies! I'm off ot bed!

Hugs to all!