Old 03-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #61  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Question Question of the Day

What is your biggest weight-related health concern? High blood pressure? Diabetes?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #62  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Yesterday was… ok. Calories came in at 1882 or so, water was 108 oz, exercise was a long walk around the neighborhood with Ella. Have I mentioned that WV is a pretty hilly place, and my house is at the crest of a hill, so the entire walk is pretty much up down up down up down? That has to count for something. I didn’t do much else once I got home though. It’s the end of the week, and I’m worn out. Unfortunately, I seem to have a lot more to do on the weekends.

On the docket this weekend: tonight, hopefully some grocery shopping, cooking dinner, hopefully some painting or sanding or putting something away. Tomorrow: going to Pittsburgh to make the final payment on my wedding dress (I had it on layaway) and then drive it to my grandma’s (1.5 hours in the *opposite* direction from Pittsburgh) for safe keeping away from prying eyes and dog hair, perhaps finally moving my good mattress and the rest of my big furniture so we can finally get our house put together properly (though hopefully Steve and Dad will do that without me ), then more cleaning, painting, sanding, putting stuff away, etc. Sunday… I don’t know. Hopefully some rest. Perhaps I will invite my Maid of Honor over to plan some craftsy stuff for the wedding. I know she is getting nervous about her role—I think she is almost as anxious to get stuff moving as I am!

And I’ve got to try to fit exercise, walking the dog, drinking lots of water, and healthy eating in there somewhere. I’m determined to make that Thai chicken I’ve been wanting to concoct. That will be either tomorrow or Sunday. If my MoH comes over Sunday, I’ll make it then, because I know she will like to try it.

The scale this morning said 215.2, down from 215.6 yesterday, so that’s good. Overall I’m down 2.2 pounds since the beginning of the year. 2.2 pounds in 2.3 months. That’s not good enough. I want to at least be below 200 for my wedding. I’m going to have to work a little harder. And fall off the wagon a lot less!

I got some turkey cutlets out of the freezer to thaw this morning. I don’t know what I’m going to do with them though. I’d really like some roast turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and dressing, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. Maybe some baked turkey, whipped sweet potatoes, some stove top, and green beans or broccoli.

As a side note, I’m doing pretty well avoiding chocolate. There was the incident with the girl scout cookies, plus this little thing with a Snickers bar, but we can’t change the past, right? I had to stop at Sheetz this morning, and I *really* wanted a chocolate chip cookie or a donut or a candy bar or a muffin or just something chocolate and chewy, but I resisted. And yesterday at work we had a ice cream party for a lady’s birthday, and I only had a tiny bit of vanilla ice cream—I stayed away from the chocolate. So maybe I’m not perfect. But I’m trying.

Question of the Day
What is your biggest weight-related health concern? High blood pressure? Diabetes?

Right now I’m going to have to say cholesterol (even though I know that is not necessarily weight-related—it is certainly diet and exercise related). My cholesterol is the only stat that’s ever been bad. I’m 25 years old, I shouldn’t have to worry about things like cholesterol. And I know that it’s my fault that I do have to worry about it. Fortunately, I also know that I can do something about it. I can exercise and I can watch my diet. And I’m glad that I’m worrying about it now rather than being caught off guard by something going wrong later.

OK, chicks, time for me to find something to do. Have a good weekend.
~Elisha
Old 03-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #63  

Hi!

Whew....been a busy weekend! I spent yesterday morning grocery shopping.....and then yesterday afternoon I dug ditches! Really! I had to dig out the pond outlet, as the water had no where to go except up into the backyard....not too bad of a job except it was terribly muddy and everytime I stood too long in one spot, I sank nearly to my boottops! Oh, and there are a few tender muscles this AM, too!

Weighed in this morning.....and am down 1 pound since I saw the doctor last week. This is a good thing, BUT I do not feel good.....I am blaming it on the poor eating habits this past week. My body is telling me to knock it off, I am sure.....so this week it will be back to journalling my food and counting calories!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #64  
Bound and Determined

What are some of your favorite healthy foods? List at least 5.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #65  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Well, this weekend… what to say? I guess we got a lot done. Not everything we had hoped, but that seems to be par for the course. Saturday night I got plenty of sleep (Steve let me sleep in a little yesterday), so I felt pretty good yesterday. But today I am back to being tired.

Steve informed me on Friday that we are having company next weekend, friends of his coming in from Baltimore. So we’ve got to get the guest bedroom set up (didn’t get to haul the furniture this weekend because it was raining) and everything cleaned and put away, plus I’ve got to find food to feed them while they’re here. We’re all going to a wedding on Saturday (which is why they’re coming in), so I don’t have to worry about that, but the rest of the weekend is mine to take care of. It wouldn’t be so bad if I had any money right now. I just got paid on Friday and my entire check is gone, and then some. (Had to pay for my wedding dress, you know.) I hate being poor.

Food this weekend was just crap. Which also seems to be par for the course. And I didn’t drink nearly enough water, so I’m feeling it this morning. I’ll work on that today, once I finish my coffee. The only exercise I got was cleaning and painting and putting stuff away. And bowling last night. And playing with the dog.

Tonight I just want to go home and crash, but I have too much to do. We didn’t get the kitchen done, so we’ve got to do that this week. And I’m worried that if we don’t start on it now it won’t get done, so I’ll try to work on that tonight. Also, I’m going to make my Thai-style chicken tonight, since I didn’t get to over the weekend. At least I should have leftovers to bring for lunch. And if it’s not raining I’ll take the dog for a walk. But I want to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. I guess we will see.

One good thing: I signed up for a “Walk 100 miles in 100 days” program here at work. It starts next Monday. And there’s a 5K on June 3rd I’m thinking about signing up for. 5K isn’t too far, and I’ve got until June to prepare.

So the scale is up to 217.4 this morning, and I am not surprised. I’m back where I started the year. I know that if I limit my salt today and drink lots of water it will be down in the morning. Yes, I ate a lot of junk this weekend, but I did count it all up, and I did not gain 2 pounds.

But in any case, this morning I feel fat. On Friday I had this image pop into my head of a thin me, a fit me. At that instant I knew that I could do it, that I could get there, that I would get there. But today my pants are tight and nothing looks good, none of my clothes feel good on me and I know that I am overweight.

I’ve got to do something. I’m not happy being overweight.

I just wish I wasn’t so tired all the time, that I had more energy to do something about it.

So anyway, today’s menu, because it helps me stay on track:

Breakfast:
2 c. coffee w/FF vanilla creamer
Mashed potato sandwich (I know not the healthiest, but it is my favorite)

Lunch:
Turkey cutlet
½ c. mashed potatoes
Green beans

Snack:
Banana

Dinner:
Grilled chicken with my version of Thai-style red pepper sauce
Either whole wheat pasta or some long grain rice.
Snap peas

The plan for tonight: Get home, walk the dog, cook dinner, throw in some laundry while cooking, eat, clean up kitchen and put away everything I possibly can, start sanding the kitchen walls, shower, and crash into bed (hopefully by 10 at the latest).
We’ll see how that works out.

Question of the Day
1. Cauliflower—cooked or raw, I love the stuff. Other veggies I love: snap peas, zucchini and squash, cucumbers, green peppers, baby carrots, cherry or grape tomatoes
2. Diet soda—particularly Diet Dr. Pepper and the diet cherries and vanillas (including the diet cherry vanillas)
3. Frozen dinners (thank god for convenience foods!)—Lean Cuisine Thai-style chicken and the paninis are my favorites
4. Fruit, especially apples, bananas, cherries, nectarines, pineapple, and dried apricots
5. Fat-free coffee creamer. I can’t do without my coffee creamer. I’m just glad it comes in a healthier version than the original.

OK, time to wrap this up and find something to work on. Have a good day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #66  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Wink It's Monday

Seems I'm not the only one who missed posting this weekend! Perhaps that's because it's the MIDDLE OF THE MONTH SYNDROME!!!

C'MON ALL YOU CHICKIES...LET'S NOT LOSE OUR MOTIVATION JUST BECAUSE IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH!!!!!

Ok...now that I'm done with that rant...

Food: I must say that I have been doing well with the "no sugar" thing all week last week...and I haven't given myself enough credit! That is...until last night! I invaded the fridge and found that tub ful of chocolate frosting and some graham crackers and I couldn't stay away from it! I knew while I was looking at it that I was not going to be able to resist! TOM is here...but that is NO excuse...I was doing so well! I do need to give myself my on my signature! I did manage to stay away from the sweet treats at church (and there were plenty) yesterday! Sat night we used up our Christmas gift card to Olive Garden and I indulged in some pasta. It was good, but I only ate 1/2 of it...of course I had a glass of wine! Yesterday I ate fairly lightly with the exception of the aforementioned tub-o-frosting!

Exercise: Anyway...this weekend was kind of a lazy one. I cleaned around the house and got some things done that I had been wanting to do and still had time to lounge...something seems wrong with that picture! I rode my DD's dirt bike on Saturday...and crashed!!! I've got a big bump and bruise on my shin, but thank goodness that's all! I don't know how DD does it...she falls so gracefully...Unfortunately, DH got pictures of the whole incident! Grrrr! Walked home with the dog and DD. Took a walk later on Saturday while waiting for our name to be called at Olive Garden...went to the mall and bought DD a cute bathing suit for our vacation! Then walked back, so I guess the extra calories I consumed were mostly burned off with all the walking...maybe?!

Water: Was good...I drank lots of it this weekend! Yea!

QOTD (the last 3)

Chicken, Broccolli, Splenda (can't live without it!...is this a problem?), low fat dairy products (cheeses), pineapple. I would have to say that eating healthy foods has probably been my biggest obstacle, although I do like most kinds of healthy foods. It's just that eating "badly" has been such a lifestyle, so it's been difficult to make that switch!

What is your biggest weight-related health concern? Pain from carrying around the extra weight...My breasts are large which has always caused pain in my upper back and shoulders. Arthritis runs in my family, but Drs say that even thin people can develop arthritis, which is true! But I don't like living with constant pain! Congestive Heart Failure is hereditary in our family, so that scares me a bit since my sister's bout with the heart problems, but I have never been overly concerned with heart problems...my bp and cholesterol have always been normal. I'm certainly a long way from being "fit" but I am active, which is a bonus! But "fit" or "athletic" is a word I would like to be described as...some day!

What is your favorite form of exercise? If I had to pick one, I would say biking. I really enjoy the feeling I get after a long bike ride. And I can do it inside or out. I'm not usually aching and I feel good when I'm done. 2nd would be hiking. I love to walk in areas where there are not a lot of people and watch the wilderness! It's an awesome way to refocus my thinking. I just wish I had time to do it more often!

OK comments everyone...

Elisha...Don't be so hard on yourself, chickie! You have gotten a lot accomplished since you've moved into your new house. Give yourself some credit...it's hard work, especially if you have to encourage your partner to help you every time! Also...have you gotten your "fatigue" checked out by a Dr.? How's your iron level? You have been tired for too long. You really do need to get that checked out! I'm not trying to be bossy, but I'm a little concerned since it seems like you often post how tired you are even after a good night's sleep! Great job on all your walking and avoiding chocolate! Keep up the good work!

MsRD...ARe we on for a mini challenge this week? Where's Joy? I didn't meet my exercise minutes this week? How about you? Let's start today! Anyone else up for it? We can go from 3/13 to 3/20. I'm going to try for 150 minutes again!

Jennifer...I'm sure your week was productive! We do need to catch up soon!

TBJ...So great to hear from you. What's the status on the bar exam? Sorry about your knee. HOpe it's healing...don't overdo it with more jujitsu! Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes it's nice just to be heard...

That's it for now...Hope you all have a nice week! My plan is to exercise today sometime! I have a Dr. appt this morning at 11:30, so need to go get showered, etc.

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #67  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Happy Monday! :)

Morning, chickies. Well, it's official. We have office phones, and internet at the new house. And my computer is there, so I will have a hard time checking in at night, but will make a point to get here early on in the day to keep myself on track.

I'm stiff and sore. We're definitely kicking the packing/schlepping/moving into high gear now. As we're moving out of the townhouse, there are new neighbors moving in next door to us. They were making quite a racket until 2am. I'm being patient & understanding, but I am pretty tired today as a result of all our work this weekend, and then interrupted sleep. Yawn! Can I take a nap, or do you think people at work might notice?

We're working on getting the dining room table top replaced, so that should be resolved in the next week or so...we're going to go look at living room furniture after work either tonight or tomorrow- Jennifer Leather / Convertibles is having a huge sale, so we might find something good there for the living room, or the family room. Those are the only 2 rooms that we need everything for- our current set was Early American Bachelor Faux Pleather and has definitely seen better days. The springs....totally trashed. The cushioning- not cushiony at all! So, we know that'll be an expense, but we've been planning for it, and then we can at least plop down after a long, hard day of schlepping

Question(s) of the Day
What is your favorite form of exercise?

My exercise bike, followed by outdoor walking. My pressssscious bike- which I need to uncover, unclutter, and move into the new house so that I get really get with it. But, that is already in the works- going to be taking 2 days off to make a really long weekend and get this stuff done!

Yes! High blood pressure. diabeties. joint problems. The strain I am putting on my body at this weight, combined with the panting and sweating when I exert myself- moving boxes out of the car this weekend- 10 trips from the car into the house, I was panting, sweating, could feel my heart pounding in my chest, and had to sit down & cool down before I could do more. I know I'm going to feel worse before I feel better, but it needs to be done. I don't want to walk the same path as my mother, and be 56 and struggling to start getting the weight off.

apples, cranberries, pineapple, most fruits, dried. baby carrots, green beans, waxed beans, chickpeas, most legumes/beans. brown rice, couscous, slow cook oatmeal, whole wheat breads.

Sorry I missed your post, Julie- see, it takes 2 hours to write this when I try to sneak it in between calls and crisies at work. We will catch up soon- I promise- after we move stuff and we're bone tired, I get computer time.

Happy Monday, everyone...here's to a very productive week ahead of us!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #68  

Hello All!

I officially declare this week BACK ON PLAN WEEK AND NO EXCUSES! I have already started......water was good today, 30 minutes w/Leslie just now, and calories are only 1300! Now.....if I can only do this the rest of my life!

Elisha.....Your first guests in your new home! Try to get as much done ahead of time as possible, so you can relax and enjoy the visit. The mile a day for 100 days sounds like it will really get you in shape for a 5k. And, if I may throw in my two cents......I agree with Julie.....get a handle on this tired all the time stuff. You *have* to get enough sleep to function.....and don't forget a good multivitamin!

Julie.....Mmmmmm, Olive Garden! And keeping it down to a half portion probably kept those calories in check too! Yes, I am on for a mini challenge this week.....have to work twice as hard on it because it is the middle of the month!

Jennifer.....Those noisy neighbors will give you good incentive to speed up the moving process! Good luck on finding just the right furniture for the living room!

Betani......Hope things are going well with your Grandmother.

TBJ.....How's the knee? Don't overdo in your jujitsu class.

Joy....Hey chickie.....we need your support for this mini challenge this week. Leslie and I will be waiting for you tomorrow!

It was a super busy day at work today....which was very nice for a change! My office partner said she was starting to exercise and watch her food intake.....just her saying that gave me such a boost in motivation!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #69  
Bound and Determined

What doubts or fears, if any, do you have about your ability to lose weight?

Last edited by miss_elisha; 03-14-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #70  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Yesterday was the healthiest day I’ve had in a long time. Calories came in at 1582, water was 108 oz, exercise was a 20-minute walk with Ella, 33 minutes on the bike, and about 10 minutes of strength exercises. Lots of veggies, and I stuck to my menu except for the snap peas at dinner, but I had some yellow peppers as a snack while I was cooking, so it all evened out.

The Thai-style red pepper sauce I made was pretty good, but I wish I knew how to spice it up just a bit more. I’ll have to tweak it a little next time.

I didn’t get a whole lot else done last night other than exercise, cooking, and cleaning the kitchen. But I felt like I was going full steam ahead all evening.

And the dog was frustrating me, and still was this morning. She’s so needy. I have to worry about her every second I’m at home, and some days it really gets to me. Like when I was on the bike last night, she kept trying to lick my feet and ending up getting smacked in the head with a pedal (it’s hard to stop the pedals from moving once they get going). I had to play tug of war with her just to keep her from getting kicked repeatedly. And then when I tried to do some crunches and push ups, she climbed on top of me. I know she was just trying to play and be friendly and loveable, but last night it just rubbed me the wrong way. I ended up shutting myself in the bathroom to finish my calisthenics. When I was about half way done I realized that I could have put her in the garage for a few minutes. *rolls her eyes* And this morning she somehow got the bedroom door open and went after the cat while I was in the shower. She DID go in the garage this morning. When we go for walks she can see a cat and not even look twice, but if she even thinks one of our cats is anywhere near she flips out. And that is super frustrating to me. I love my cats and I miss them (they are hiding in the basement, and sometimes Maggie will hide under our bed), and after all, they were there first.

I am SO much more a cat person.

But that makes me wonder… if I’m getting this stressed out having a dog, how stressed am I going to be when I have kids? Kids are much needier than dogs, and you can’t just throw your kids in the garage and leave them there. I tell myself that I won’t have so much to worry about when I have kids, meaning that 1. I plan to quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom, or at least only work part-time, 2. I intend to have all my debt paid off before even considering having kids, and 3. I’ll have most of the big stuff done to the house so there won’t be so much to worry about. Of course I know there will always be other stuff to be done too though.

I don’t know. It’s certainly something to think about.

On a completely different note, my mom checked out a couple wedding reception venues yesterday and the one I want is available and a lot cheaper than I expected. Now I just have to talk Steve into having the wedding near there as well. He tells me he doesn’t want to make any of those decisions, that I can take care of everything and have things just the way I want, then when I tell him what I want he sulks about it. Men!

As for being tired all the time… I don’t know. I do have low iron levels, always have. I need to find my vitamins and start taking them again. And right now we’re using Steve’s old crappy mattress, and I never could sleep very well on it. I will have my nice comfy bed by the end of the week. I just don’t get to bed early enough and I don’t sleep well. I know that and I can’t seem to fix it. Saturday night I got about 10 hours of sleep and I felt wonderful on Sunday (if a little stiff from the bed and all the physical labor on Saturday). Steve tells me to have the dr. give me something… pills are his answer for everything, and I’m the complete opposite.

I’m rambling.

Moving on…

Question of the Day
What doubts or fears, if any, do you have about your ability to lose weight?

I doubt that I’m able to do it at all. I’m afraid that once I lose the weight I won’t be able to keep it off. I’m afraid that if I do lose weight that I will gain it back when I have children. I’m afraid that I’m going to have to be obsessed with this for the rest of my life. I’m afraid that I’ll never be able to be normal, that I’ll never be thin, that I’ll never really be able to enjoy myself when I go out with friends or when food is involved at all.
I read a post this morning by SusanB that said “Calorie counting and exercise don’t fail me… I fail them.” I’m afraid that I will not only fail my strategy, but that I will fail myself.

OK, meeting time. Have a good one, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #71  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Confessional

Today I binged on cookies (like...A LOT of them) and treats (can you say chocolate???) !

What in the heck is going on with me???? UGH....OK...I went to the Dr. yesterday and here's what I just wrote in my journal!

Ugh! I feel myself slipping…again…into a cycle where I don’t like myself and don’t even care! It’s ridiculous! I know that losing weight should seem so easy, but it’s like the biggest weight I have on my shoulders and it feels like a mountain to me! I know I can do this…just one step at a time, but geesh…I feel so unmotivated…like who’s gonna really care if I do it?? I should care, but I just don’t…but I want to! It’s all so confusing to me! I’ve gained 10lbs back from the weight I lost since 2004. What is up with that?? I blame it on not being able to exercise! That is crap! I can and should exercise! After listening to one of my residents today who is only 10 years older than me, I should feel like the luckiest person on this planet and I need to be thankful that I can even walk!

I am fat! I don’t like it! So now…go do something about it!

I feel like I just can't do this anymore...that's how I feel today! But I really do want to care! I hate being fat! I hate that I have gained back 10 lbs (which on a short girl feels more like 30lbs) of the 15 I lost...It ticks me off! But apparently not enough to do something about it!

I need to get up and exercise in the morning because at night I don't feel like it (my foot hurts waaaa!) DD has been "nagging me" about it (how does a 6 year old do that???) and DH even mentioned that I haven't been exercising! I have turned back into a couch potato....What I NEED is a vacation!!!!!

Ugggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Sorry this is such a downer of a post! I need some inspiration here...Please tell me to get my a** off that couch and find something productive to do at night besides watch American Idol (I'm in love with Taylor Hicks, btw) and Survivor! PLEASE FIND THAT TAZER AND TAZER MY A**
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #72  
Bound and Determined

Does your weight loss or motivation seem to move in cycles? How do you break out of it?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #73  
Bound and Determined

Julie, I completely understand what you are saying. I’ve gained back 20 of the 40 pounds I lost in 04. I’m so sick of being overweight, yet I can’t seem to make myself work at losing it consistently. We all need a vacation, but sometimes that’s just not possible.
Make me a deal: let’s agree to do the best that we can for just one day. For one day we CAN do well on our diets, we CAN exercise, and we CAN be totally and completely OP. We can do anything for just one day. Don’t even think about tomorrow, or the next day, or even yesterday. We’ll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. For now, let’s just focus on one day at a time. I promise, we’ll feel better about ourselves tomorrow.

So yesterday was ok. Not great, but ok. Calories came in at 1611, water was somewhere around 90 oz. I think. No exercise, but I did move some furniture and clean and so forth, so I wasn’t being lazy all evening.

Today… I don’t know. The scale says 215.6, so there’s a slight downward movement. Honestly, I think if I could get back below 200 I would just be absolutely thrilled right now.

I’m trying to follow the Dr. Phil diet again, at least somewhat. Yesterday was a perfect Dr. Phil day until dinner, when I didn’t feel like cooking so I just had a ham sandwich. Today we’re having a pot luck at work. I will try to make healthy choices. I made a pasta salad with lots of veggies. Dinner will probably be leftover Thai chicken, or maybe leftover pizza (we only have a couple of slices left, so I can’t go overboard). Breakfast was turkey ham, green peppers, and onions in some egg beaters and some toast w/Brummel & Brown spread, so that’s not too bad. I brought a banana and some baby carrots for snacks. I forgot my diet black cherry vanilla coke at home, so I’ll be drinking water all day, which is good.

If it stops snowing today, I’ll ask Mom and Dad if they can haul my bed tonight. You have no idea how much I miss my comfy mattress.

I don’t know how I’m feeling today. I think “numb” is the best word to describe it. I don’t want to be at work, but I’ve got a big project to finish today, and another big project coming up at any time (the one they took away from me last week). But then again, I never want to be at work.

We’re having a housewarming party next Saturday. Today I’m going to make out invitations to hand out to my friends. I’ll stop to deliver them this evening. I hope I get a break at work today. I don’t think it will be a problem. It shouldn’t take me all day to finish the project I’m on now, even if it is tedious.

Question of the Day
Does your weight loss or motivation seem to move in cycles? How do you break out of it?
Oh yes, I certainly move in cycles. My weight loss itself moves in cycles on a weekly basis: the week goes ok, sometimes even really well, then I blow it on the weekends. How’s that for a cycle? Typically, there’s about one week a month where I just feel like crap and don’t care a whit about what I’m doing or not doing to promote weight loss, and the rest of the time I feel sort of mediocre about it. It doesn’t seem to relate to ToM either, but I always know it’ll come back. As for how I break out of it… I don’t know. Most of the time I just wait it out, because I know eventually it will go away. Sometimes I try to force myself back on track. If I can do well for just one day it gets me moving in the right direction again, it makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something and therefore I know I can do more.

OK, I’ve got to get to work. Have a good one, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 03-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #74  
Bound and Determined

What are your physical signs of hunger? Do you wait for them before eating? Do you try to prevent them?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #75  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Yesterday… what to say about yesterday? Not a very good day. I did ok at the pot luck, but then I just felt like eating for the rest of the day. And I did. And I got home after dark, so no walk. Ella actually seemed a bit calmer last night, so maybe we should just walk her in the mornings.

Today I’m just tired (surprise, surprise, eh?). I tried to go to bed early, at 9, but then I kept finding other things I had to do. Set the coffee pot, clean the cat box, take the dog out, pick up random stuff in the living room, put away my shoes so the dog doesn’t eat them, wash my face, brush my teeth, etc., and then I had to stay awake because Steve can never remember to set an alarm so he gets up in time to go to work, so I have to wake him up around 10.30. Why is it that I can manage to get up on my own every morning at 6.00 so I have time to do everything I need to do before leaving the house around 7.30, but I have to force him out of bed at 11 when he needs to leave at 11.15? *rolls her eyes*
He did do some stuff around the house yesterday though, so that was good. Not everything I asked him to, but hey, I’ll take what I can get.
And my parents say they’re delivering my bed tonight (finally). So tonight will be moving furniture and arranging things and so forth. I’d really like to get the dining room carpet vacuumed tonight, but I don’t see it happening.
But you know what I realized? The company we’re getting tomorrow… they’re Steve’s friends, not mine. I’ll probably only see them 3 or 4 more times in my life. Does it really matter how clean my carpets are when they see them? No.
Then again, I guess it doesn’t really matter how clean they are when my friends see them either.

Today… I don’t know. I did find out that the wedding we’re going to on Saturday isn’t until 3, so I’ll get to sleep in a little bit. I’m going to make Steve get up at 6 to take the dog out and hang out with his friends. I’ll set the coffee pot and probably make a breakfast casserole so we have to do is pop it in the oven. Of course, that means I’ll have to get Steve to take me to the grocery store, so we’ll see.

Question of the Day
What are your physical signs of hunger? Do you wait for them before eating? Do you try to prevent them?
Well, there’s the obvious empty tummy feeling and growl. I get antsy and irritable. Sometimes I will get lightheaded or dizzy (though this is not uncommon for me). I start feeling very weak. Typically I try to wait for the growl, especially with lunch and my afternoon snack. For breakfast, my stomach is growling the instant I get up, but I make it wait until after I shower, but I usually have coffee before that and the growling stops temporarily.
I don’t like being hungry though. I’m divided. I like to wait until I’m hungry because if I don’t I feel like I’m just eating to eat, and I don’t want to do that. But then if I do wait until I’m physically hungry I get the lightheadedness, irritability, and weakness, and I certainly don’t want that. And if I wait until I’m actually hungry I often feel ravenous and end up eating too much.

OK, that’s about all I can pull out of my brain today. Have a good one, chicks.
~Elisha