Old 06-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #61  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

yeah I've been away (from my computer at least) I just haven't had the desire to sit infront of a computer screen much lately. I was having a good day; and still am when it comes to diet and exercise. I'm just upset at the justice system right now.

Over the weekend we went to Huntington Beach and I walked around in the sand. Didn't swim. i don't want to subject innocent people to my blindingly white legs that never tan no matter what I try.

Just for fun i decided to add up my miles for the month so far, I've logged about 22 miles. YAY. This week I am going to push myself to go each day, except Saturday i have too much to do that day. If I go I'll have a total of 36 miles.

I get the SB diet meals about four times a month. I'm not big on diet plans, but those meals are sooooo good. If I had the money to eat nothing but thoe meals I would.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #62  

hello!

The good news is that I weighed in Sunday AM, and am down 2 pounds! I still haven't got my food back in line, but it is good to see my feeble efforts are paying off. Bad news.....I lifted Mom on Friday and my back has been giving me fits ever since.....it is getting better, but i am putting exercise on hold for a couple more days.

Jessica......Welcome to Onederland! You are doing so well with sticking to your program! I want to be just like you!

Jennifer.....I thought about you when Arlene went whistling up the coast, and am glad you are safe. The pics of your house are incredible! No wonder you are excited! When is the tentative move-in date?

Elisha.....Stop beating yourself up, little sister! Take all that negative energy and turn it into something positive!

Mud.....Did you say 22 miles? I am so impressed! Once you get started, it becomes easier to exercise and fun to watch those miles rack up!

Going to find some ibuprofen for my back, and maybe the heating pad......
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #63  

Passing pain pills to MsRD! Hello everyone! I had a rough day today with my pain. I learned a valuable lesson keep up with the pain pill regimine! Even when you don't think you need one and it's time to take one, take one! I paid for it dearly most of the afternoon. That however is the worst I have had it with pain at home other than some urological problems which I think is due to swelling I am doing pretty good.
Stepped on the scales this morning and I have not lost weight yet but have not gained either so I guess when I can focus on all that it won't be as bad as it could be. We have had meals brought to us every night since I have been home which has been such a big help for Jim seeing he is now Mr. Mom and doing a very good job might I add. He greets me every morning with a actual breakfast! I mean a cup of fruit with either eggs or french toast or something but a actual breakfast on a tray with my coffee. I was going to let him go back to work tomorrow but I think I'll keep him one more day. LOL No, really I think Wednesday I should be strong get a routine down where I can wing it with daily life till I can lift and bend again. That won't be for a while yet and I can't drive for another week and a half.
Jennifer, your house is gorgeous! Do you want a new sister? I won't be much trouble, I could just stay in the guest room.
Joy, you can't imagine how glad I am that you were right! It wasn't a piece of cake that's for sure but it has not been as bad as I feared it may be. Glad though that I am at the recouperating point though.
Mud, WTG on those miles!!!! MsRD, Congratulations on the two pounds but so sorry about the back pain. You must be careful! I hope my pain pills will help you. LOL
Miss Elisha, I hope things get looking up for you soon. I'm so sorry you are so depressed. I hope you can take MsRd's advice and use that negative to work positively for you.
Julie, Tracy, Lisa and I'm sure I'm missing someone... I miss you!
Well, have a good night and post soon.
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:47 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everybody

You know what my Mum taught me... she said that if you can't say anything nice.... don't say anything at all.... so we'll leave it at that.... it definately wasn't a pretty weekend. Today wasn't good either... let stress get in my way.... working in a new position today.... Oh well.... onward and upward (hopefully not the weight)...

Jennifer - WOW what a place.... the photos are great... and what a keepsake of your journey too... I hope that guest room doesn't get too crowded....

Donna - You're sounding very chipper.... good for you. Just keep up with the pain drug regime....you don't need to be a hero.... it's okay to take what you need to feel better.....

MsRd.... Did you see my post about having epsum salt baths for muscle pain.... might help (certainly couldn't hurt). I have really notice that alot of my aches and pains have reduced alot since starting to practice Tai Chi.... the stretching and muscle strength building in both my legs (upper thighs) and in my "core" have really helped with lower back pain.

Hey Mud..... WTG - 22 miles.... I'm so proud of you

Catch up with the rest of you tomorrow... Have a great day tomorrow.

Goodnight
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #65  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tuesday Quick Check In

Just a quick post to let you all know that I am alive and well!!! MsRD...sounds like you have my backitis! I'm sorry your back is hurting, but on a positive note for me...mine feels much better! I'll keep sending you positive vibes!

Lisa...please post! We miss you...Tracy too!

I swear I walked 10 miles this weekend!!! Seriously! I am back on track this morning...Did 2 miles WATP and had a healthy breakfast!

I need to get to work, so gotta get going...I will post later and let you know how my day was! I plan to eat a healthy lunch and chicken/salad for supper! I'm gonna do this!!!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #66  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

I don't know what is up with me! Yesterday wasn't too bad, and I feel ok emotionally today, but I woke up with a killer headache. Seriously, so bad I almost called off work. But I slept in a little, had some coffee and breakfast, and I'm starting to feel a little better.

Yesterday food was ok. Could have been much better, but it could have been much worse, so I'm ok with it. Steve and I went for a walk on the Rail-Trail last night after dinner. I ended up walking about 9.91 km yesterday. My pedometer must have gotten reset for km when the little girl was playing with it the other day. I'll figure out how many miles that is before I add it to my signature. Steve and I walked for almost an hour, but we weren't going super fast. We did manage to get sweaty though, which isn't hard in this heat/humidity.

Anyway, I'm going to go take some aspirin and journal, then perhaps I'll get to work. Have a good day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:18 AM   #67  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning chickies! Ugh, I need about 6 more hours of sleep. Last night I tried to go to bed at 9:30, but hubby's back has been bothering him (is this another trend?) and he moaned & tossed & turned & snored his patootie off. I actually drifted off just before midnight, and I woke up all stiff, trying not to bump into him, or jostle him. Owwie! Donna, you got enough to share with the whole group?

Mud- Way to go on the 22 miles!

MsRD- yaaaay on the 2 pounds! The house- thank you! Last week they first bumped up the move in date to October from end of the year, and then this past Wednesday, when we had the electrical walk-through, they said it might be as early as August. Eeeeek! That bumps things up to a ridiculous timeframe, so now every night I'm spending 2 hours going thru things to pack up, and toss, or donate. Ack! And come on down, anytime!

Donna- Thank you! Yes, you can adopt me as a sister and come to visit. Chickies get an open door policy- I just have to convince hubby that a lot of women in the house is a good thing! LOL!

Joy- Thank you, too! And remember, it is every Canadian's duty to spend winters in Florida, so you are obligated to come visit, too!

Now, who wants to help with the decorating? LOL

Julie- kick butt on the 2 miles WATP! You go girl!

Ok, time to really start the day- already had to weed through files, and we are having someone come in to spot check for adherence to the Privacy Act...lots of little stuff to deal with today. Fun, fun, fun.

Oh- I did bring my breakfast like a good little chickie, and might run home for lunch, depending on how the day goes.

Happy Tuesday!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #68  
Bound and Determined

Oh, Jennifer, I'll help decorate! I love to decorate!

With the house we're trying to get now, I have to change my whole decorating idea, because it's completely different from the other houses we've been looking at. But it's ok, I'll make it work. And I get to plan decorating projects! I'll try to steal the brother's digital camera and send some pics when we actually get the house, and more when I get it decorated.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #69  

Happy Tuesday!

My back is much better....ty......gets a little touchy at the end of the day, but much improved. I think i will re-start WATP tomorrow. I am taking tomorrow off as a vacation day. I have a doctors appointment in the AM......I have had an achy wrist for the past few months, and it isn't getting any better, so thought I would have it checked. Tomorrow is DH birthday......and he wants to work on the car to get it ready for the national convention.....and tomorrow evening is the car club board meeting, with dinner out. Yep....sounds like a vacation to me!

Donna....It is so good to see you post. You are sounding really good. Keep up on the pain meds .....guess you already know that one.....and remember not to do too much (you will pay for that one too)

Joy.....I hear you on the stress issue. If there is anything that will sabotage my healthy living plan, it is stress. And it doesn't always have to be a major crisis either....the thousand little things in a day are sometimes enough to drive me over the edge!

Jennifer....Keep talking and you will have your whole chickie crew down there to help decorate! I have all my painting/wallpapering/household tools in one spot, so I am ready to go at a moment's notice! (And the gardening tools are right outside the back door.....just in case you need a gardener!)

Mary? you lurking out there? Post and let us know how things are!

Julie.....Glad to hear your back is finally getting better! Back on track now, chickie....will meet you in LeslieLand!
Old 06-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #70  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Wenesday

Morning Chickies...
Quick note this morning! I stayed up waaaay past my bedtime last night and at midnight DH came down to the family room to check on me and tell me I should come to bed! I was watching some shows that I had taped while we were gone and one from yesterday. So...it was a bit hard to get up this morning, although I did wake up at 6am like I always do....but went back to sleep! I'm going to catch a quick walk at lunch today if it's not raining! Just something to give me some energy! Have a long day at work today...will split it up with running DD to horse riding lessons and dinner out (steamed veggies & chicken at a local Chinese place). Then it's a Father's Day shin-dig (Rootbeer Float Party) for the men at work!

Yesterday ended up being a really good day, but I still have a difficult time with that darned sugar craving! I had 1/2 choc. chip cookie at work and then 2 small pieces of chocolate after supper. And then, I ate a small bag of popcorn (gas station stuff, so it was probably loaded with fat) while I was watching tv. I should have been folding clothes or something!

B-fast: Smart start, blueberries & milk, coffee & creamer
Lunch: 7 layer salad, diet coke
Supper: Stir Fry veggies w/ chicken (we are out of lettuce)
Water: not enough! Gonna work on that today!
Snacks: See above!

Exercise: 2 miles with Leslie and a billion miles at work! 20 minute bike ride after supper with DD & DH. Not strenuous, but still moving!

OK...my heel hurts today! I'm not happy about that! There is certainly a difference between walking all day on hard concrete floors and walking on the natural earth! I'm going to have to get to that Pedorthist soon so they can reccommend something to me!

One more thing...a question! What do any of you ladies who are my age (40+) take for vitamins if any? I was thinking yesterday that I really need to start taking something with calcium and it probably wouldn't help to get something with some iron in it too! I think maybe some of my problem is that I'm not getting enough of what I need each day and so I have no energy at the end of the day!

MsRD...Did you do your WATP today? Glad the back is feeling better and WTG on the 2#. Rest is really the right thing for it! At least it was for me! I just needed to figure out how to get it...and the mini vacation was the perfect solution for me. Now...do you have any remedies for my heel??? LOL!!

Elisha...hope that your day is going well. You keep taking one day at a time! We are here for you!

Joy...One day is not going to hurt you too much...but don't string those out like I did!! (((((((Joy)))))))) You have been doing so much physical stuff lately...you impress me! Get back on track today, chickie!

Jennifer...Hope your evening went well. What did you have for dinner? Did you get up this morning to do WATP? How's hubby's back?

I gotta get ready for work! Hope all you chickies have a happy hump day!

Lisa...............Where are you????????????? I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #71  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Today, I don't know what to say. I think my brain is still asleep, and my body would like to be. 209.6 this morning, so nothing significant there either way. Which I guess is better than gaining. I am going to eat healthy today! I AM!

For the past few days (since at least Saturday, if not before), I've had a terrible headache, and I've been really nauseaus all the time. And yesterday morning at Steve's I had the strangest experience--when I went in to brush my teeth first thing, my tongue was brown. Not a little bit either. It looked like my tongue was coated in chocolate. It was gross. I brushed my teeth and it went away, and I forgot about it until I was brushing my teeth before bed last night. This morning I'm fine. I don't know what was up with that. I'm going to research a bit after I finish posting. But I started thinking, with the nausea, and the debilitating headaches, maybe there's something wrong with me. Mom asked if I'm pregnant, which I shouldn't be, but I guess that birth control isn't 100%. Bleh. I don't want to think about it. I'm going to say it's the weather... changes in barometric pressure always give me headaches. I really hope that's all it is.

Food yesterday wasn't horrible. Breakfast and lunch were good, water was decent, but no exercise, and Steve brought me a cheesesteak hoagie and fries for dinner. Fortunately, he brought me the small hoagie and ate half the fries. I haven't added up my calories yet, but I've got everything written down, so I'll do that this evening. Today my legs are sore. I think it's because I've been wearing higher heels than I'm used to. My shins feel stretched. I did manage to get in 1.60 pedometer miles yesterday. I've got a few errands to run after work, then home to get some things done, hopefully including exercise. If nothing else I want to do my WATP dvd tonight. I need to get consistent with that.

Today's menu:
Breakfast:
1 c. coffee with 1/2 n 1/2
2 c. bran flakes (I don't know the calories, but I'll look it up)
1 c. FF milk (I actually measured the cereal and milk)--90 cal

Lunch:
16.9 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper
Michelina's frozen Lean Gourmet creamy chicken pasta something--140 cal
1 oz. FF potato chips (my food scale is broken, or I'd have measured them too)--70 cal
1 sv. FF pudding--90 cal

Snack:
1 sl. reduced cal bread--35
1 tbsp peanut butter--100

Dinner: ???

Anyway, time to update my signature, journal, and do some research. Have a good day chicks.
~Elisha
Old 06-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #72  
Bound and Determined

Whew! My research has discovered that Pepto Bismal can turn your tongue brown. I took some the night before because I was nauseous. Mystery solved! I feel better about that!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #73  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

I'm home! We got home...opened the door..and said, "EEwwww...what's that horrible smell????" Come to find out, while we were gone, we had a bad storm that fried our fridge out here in the office. Thawed and rotted were pounds of meat, fish, ham, veggies, 2 large boxes of popsicles...etc. etc. I had just stocked up on a meat sale before we left for vacation. Everything was puddled in the floor (carpet), and the fridge was so disgusting, I can't even find the words...OMG. Additionally, our modem was fried, along with 2 t.v.'s and a DVD player, along with various other things. We just got a new modum put in. We have "whole home surge protection", which we pay monthly for, and so an adjuster has to come out and take note of all the damage. Sheesh!

So, I haven't posted. But, I have been thinking of you all, and sending you all warm thoughts!! I have been o.k...not feeling well though, and I had to go to the doctor, and I won't go into the long details, but I am just not doing well, and I would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you would send me.

I have to run some errands now, and take my 5 yr. old for a check-up, but I will be back later to comment and chat more...just wanted to "stick my head in" and say hello. And, Donna, sweetie - I am so glad that surgery is over for you, and that you are doing well. It's all downhill from here! Good for you .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #74  
"workin' on my fitness"

Elisha- yes!!!! Help! Come on down! Just point south & start driving! And MsRD, we have an acre of land to deal with, so get your gardening gear, and come along! Plus the indoor gear- first chickies to arrive get first dibs on where they want to help! This is going to be quite an undertaking!

Elisha, glad that it was pepto, and not other things! Eeek! The house- family house, you & Steve? I missed several months of stuff here, so fill me in...

MsRD- hope the achy wrist is doing better. I swear, we're a beat up bunch of chickies. Have I mentioned my butt STILL hurts from falling over the dog in April? Did I mention that fall?

Julie- so glad I caught up with you, chickie! Hugs to that little munchkin for me!

Lisa- Oh honey! I am soooo sorry you came home to that mess! I miss you!!!!!

Today was nuts at work- 2 days in a row now that the a/c has not worked. today it got up to 84 degrees at my desk. Oh man, that's my own personal sauna. Fat people were not meant to deal with that kind of heat. I came home with a puddle in the center of my bra & slick cleavage. I soooo just want to lay around the house starkers, cooling off. Brutal- it was cooler outside the building- not a fun day. The roid, delicate flower that she is (snort!) left around 11:30 because "the heat was getting to her and giving her a headache." I easily have 80-100 pounds on this idiot, and she's sitting on her butt at the desk complaining for the 3 and a half hours. I actually told her that if she shut up she'd stop heating up the air in her cubicle, and it wouldn't be so bad. Yes, I'm evil

I had written my notes this morning, was going to post, but then she left & all heck started to break loose, so I wasn't able to do a darned thing, but it was sooo nice without the roid. And everyone on the team seems to feel the same way. Hee hee hee. Methinks her next review is not going to be favorable.

Ok, off to change, and maybe cool down. Time for lots of water and sugar free kool aid. I'll be peeing all night!

Catch everyone in the morning. Happy Hump night!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #75  

Hello!

Gonna be a quick one tonight, as there is a list of things I still have to accomplish! The doctor today said I had tendonitis in my wrist/thumb....and I was really relieved. It had been achy for months and I was beginning to think of something more serious. He gave me a script for Naprosyn and told me to stay on them regularly until the inflammation went down.....and it would likely take 6-8 weeks. (Just think.....with that amount of pain killer, NOTHING is gong to hurt for 2 months!)

Lisa.....What an awful homecoming mess! Sounds like you had insurance though, and that should lessen the blow. Prayers are going up for you.......that God gives you the strength you are going to need and that He surrounds you with HIs love.

Julie....Good going with the WATP exericise. I was right beside you.....puffing and knee-lifting away! Yes, I always take a multiple vitamin......right now just some generic stuff DH picked up for me at the drug outlet store. I do like the one-a-day brand though.....they have so many specialty vitamins now, so you can pick and choose according to your age/lifestyle/needs. I also take TUMS for the calcium......about 1200 mg per day.

Elisha.....Looks like you have your food plan nailed down. I wish I could say the same.....next week, I am going to start journalling food and adding up those calories. It really is the only thing I have found effective in keeping the food intake under control.

Gotta run, chickies......back to work tomorrow!