Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everybody

Hey ... it's like a party here today.... good to see so many posts.....

Way to go, Jessica, looks like your right on target I'll pretend your right there beside me in the mornings doing WATP (2 miles).

Jennifer - your food plan looks great, hope you got everything done that you vowed to get done. It always makes me feel good when I accomplish what I have planned, the only thing is that you have to make sure what you plan is actually "do-able". Might take you up on helping you move . A trip to south Florida in October..... remember I'm from Canada.

Elisha - I'm so proud of you - what a great day I think maybe you needed some kind of protein to feel satisfied after your cereal, cucumber and apple. Cottage cheese with fruit does it for me.... and maybe a hot cup of herbal tea (with a smidge of honey)...

MsRD... Nice to hear from you... glad to hear you were just busy and not avoiding us Will you be walking with Leslie & I tomorrow?

Julie... yoo ooo hoo ooo.... where are you? Did you WATP today?

Well, I'm finally down to where I need to "fess up" about the day. But, I'm not gonna do it! It seems that now that I've started being the sweet wagon I can't get back on.... all my meals and planned snacks were good, but I am NOT exagerating when I say "I binged" on sweets today. I am afraid to test my blood sugar. I just don't seem to be able to resist... I have been doing so well since I found out I was type II diabetic (borderline - no meds) but I'm not sure what's gotten into me....

Exercise and water were great today. I did WATP (2 mile) and got in a 15 minute walk during my afternoon coffee break. After dinner I went outside and weeded for 30 minutes and did two loads of washing. I'm at about 56 oz of water so far (9:42pm).

Gotta get to bed ...

Talk to you all tomorrow
Joy

Last edited by JoyG56; 06-09-2005 at 12:42 AM.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 AM   #47  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default OK...I'm here...

in body anyway! I woke up with a defeatist attitude today and that is NEVER a good thing! Dang it! My back/hip started hurting again yesterday afternoon and my heel was quite sore as well! I did get the arch/heel thingies for my shoes..and I got new shoes. I thought that would help, but I was really on my feet all day yesterday! It was busy!

I hate days like this when I feel like there is no point to doing what I am doing...or at least TRYING to do! I know I need to go work out, but I don't want to. I said I was going to get in 2 days of walking for an hour this week...HA! That hasn't happened and it's not going to either! Tonight I have lots to do to get ready for our trip to St. Louis. Last night I vacuumed out my car and cleaned out the inside, but that was after laying on the couch for an hour because I felt like sh*t! I don't want to sound negative here...really I am usually not this way. I am just hurting so much and it feels so pointless to work out because it makes my back hurt more.

Food yesterday was atrocious, except for lunch when I had a salad and some nutritious stuff at Old Country Buffet (took DD out for her last day of Kindergarten). I didn't drink near enough water, but I never really kept track either. Pretty sure I was around 60 oz.! And no exercise except for the walking I did at work which was probably around 2 miles! My pedometer is in my desk and I have to figure out what's wrong with it. It showed the other day that I only walked 24 steps!! HA! Like that would ever happen in my day unless someone was serving me all day and I had to pee only a couple of times!!!

OK, I am going to go down and clean up my kitchen which is horrendous! The only reason I checked in here this morning was because I know I HAVE to! If I don't, I will lose all hope and motivation to move forward and to do what is right. Thanks for all your support and I'm sorry this is such a downer of a post!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #48  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

I hope all my chickies are doing well today. Comments!

Julie, use this trip to pull yourself together. We all need a little down time occasionally when we don't even think about what it is we're trying to do here. If you're anything like me, in a few days you'll find yourself craving some healthy food, or exercise, or something good for you!

Jessica, good job on the exercise! I wish I exercised that much, it would help! Keep up the good work!

Joy, we all have days where we don't want to "fess up." At least you got in your water and exercise, so the day's not a complete loss. Just get right back on that wagon and keep moving in the right direction.

MsRD, you're absolutely right about it being too hot to cook. It's been in the 80's here, and it's just so humid it's ridiculous. I'm about to start the house-cleaning/organizing as well. Hopefully we can get into a place reasonably soon.

Jennifer, did you get everything done? I hope you have lots of room, because you're going to get a visit from a bunch of fat chicks when it's time to move! South Florida, here we come!

Donna, we're all still thinking about you and sending you our very best wishes. Get well soon, we need our cheerleader!

Mud, where'd you go? Get back here!

Did I miss anyone? I'm not really used to doing comments (as you all know).

Anyway, about me. Yesterday was awesome, and I'm feeling good today. Today is my planned day off from exercise (but you all know how I am with "plans"), but I might anyway because my friend wants me to go out with her tomorrow night. I'm not sure if I'm going to, but if I do there won't be any exercise, but there will be extra calories, so we'll see. It depends on what I feel like, both tonight and tomorrow.

I've had a headache for a couple of days. Today there is also some pressure, like there's a balloon inflating inside my head, and it's not incredibly pleasant. I'm trying to drink some water to make it go away, and if that doesn't work I'll take some aspirin after while. I hate taking medicine. I'd rather wait for it to just go away.

OK, I'm going to go journal and then get to work. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #49  

Hello all!

Just a short note, as the evening seems to be slipping away from me! I just got done writing our 'invitations' to a 'card party'.....for MIL 89th birthday next week. she really isn't up to an actual party, so I am mailing and e-mailing friends and relatives and telling them all to send a birthday card to help her celebrate....I hope she is inundated with birthday greetings!

Water was ok today....could have been better..:...and food was ok (with the possible exception of a candy bar that I had unwrapped and half-swallowed before I knew what I was doing?) I have to exercise yet.....that is sooo hard to get back in the habit of doing!

Ellisha......WTG girlfriend! You achieved all your daily goals......and all in the same day! I am impressed! It is amazing what we can do if we really focus!

Joy.....PUT DOWN THOSE SWEETS AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COUNTER! You have come too far to sabotage all your positive results! And you know the more sweets you have, the more you crave, so you have to nip it in the bud NOW! Come on.....I need a partner for WATP! Let's go!

Julie......Don't exercise.......sheesh, that was hard to say! You are going to have to give your body some rest for it to fully recover....and this trip is the perfect time! Focus on what you 'can' do.....water....healthy choices....portion control. As soon as your body has healed, you will be back exercising with the rest of us. And don't forget...you have a job that gives you a certain amount of exercise anyway, so it's not like you are lying about, eating bonbons.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #50  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thurs Nite

It's late, but just a short post (suuuure) to tell you wonderful chicks how much your comments mean to me. I truly am sorry that I can't post any progress right now. The back is really giving me fits (as well as the heel) and I know if I could lose 10#, it wouldn't be as bad...I don't understand the back! I have always had "backackes" but this is different. It's painful to sit, it's painful to stand and I can't stand straight. I'm pretty sure it's a disc problem but I don't want to think about it!!! I am just so angry at myself (which I know does not help anything) for allowing myself to be so unhealthy most of my adult life! Why did it take until I was in my 40's to figure out that I really needed to be serious about losing weight?

I am trying to be mindful of what goes into my mouth and I will use this trip to try to regroup and stay focused on eating healthy and drinking lots of water (and maybe an adult beverage or two ) I don't know if I told all of you what we are going for, but we are having a reunion of sorts with 4 families of our adoption travel group. We travelled to China in July 2000 to get our daughters. There were 9 families and we live all over the country! We are leaving at O'God O'clock (4am) and I just finished packing. It's been a long day so I'm saying goodnight and thank you !

You all are wonderful! Thank you for your support! I hope you all have a great weekend. If we have wireless at the hotel, I will try to post! We are bringing the laptop!

While I am gone, be sure you give Jennifer a hard time if she does not post!!! She's slacking!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #51  

Okay... it's 10:24pm but I gotta post.... so it's a definate quickie again....

Water was good today. Got up and exercised for 30 minutes this morning.... didn't do WATP 2 mile but did another work out - that I sweat more to - it's dance steps etc... got it free from WW.... so I'd say it's two miles. After work we packed up 26 5-6 foot cedars and delivered them and unloaded them in downtown Vancouver.... that was a work out for sure. I also walked during BOTH breaks today.... Unfortunately food was less than good... basically okay except for the sweets I can't resist... had a nanaimo bar, a haagen daws ice cream bar and a cinamon bun. I think I need to book off carbs for a few days and get my system back on track.... I really think I'm carb addicted.

Anyways gotta go post my miles.... YAY 4 today... and get ready for bed. I think I'll do Tai Chi tomorrow morning.

Hugs {{everyone}}
Joy
Old 06-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #52  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Today, I feel like crap.
Oh, how I hate being fat!
How will I get thin?

There's a lovely little haiku for ya! I'm incredibly frustrated today. Calories came in at 1804 yesterday, and considering I had Taco Bell for lunch, that's pretty darn good. However, this morning the scale is at 208.2, and I'm just plain mad. Today's payday, and I was planning to get some new clothes because I really do need them, but the check wasn't as much as I was hoping and nearly all of it is already spoken for (stupid car insurance!). Healthy food comes before new clothes, though I may see if I can find something cute for cheap. I just feel like crying today. Lunch is Pizza Hut. We'll see how I hold up there. The way I feel today, it might not be good. Then again, the way I feel today, it might be my least harmful trip to Pizza Hut ever. I guess only time will tell.

I don't know what I'm going to do. There will be exercise tonight. I don't think I'm going to go out with my friend tonight. She'll whine and complain, but I just don't want to go.

I managed 2.34 miles yesterday (well, I think 2.24 yesterday and 0.1 so far this morning, but I'm going to reset it now, so I'll go ahead and add it in).

Anyway, I'm going to go for now. I've got a bunch of work to do today. Have a great one, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 06-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #53  

Quickly to let you know I am home, everything went well and there is a storm coming so I can't stay online.

Man, it's hard to convert typing from a regular keyboard to a laptop! LOL

Hope all is well. I have missed you.
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #54  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Welcome back, Donna! We're glad to hear that things went smoothly. You'll be feeling better than ever in no time flat!

I don't know what to say about me. I was so mad at myself, and then today I just go and make it worse. I don't know what my problem is, but I DO know why I'm not losing weight--I keep sabotaging myself!

*hangs her head in shame*

I'm so miserable with myself right now that I just want to cry. I just can't seem to get it right. Every time I start to get on the right track I turn around and do something incredibly stupid. Then I hate myself for it. Sometimes I never want to eat again, because I feel like I'll only make bad choices and then feel guilty about it.

But I did stock up on healthy food at the grocery store. I have a few more things to get at the discount grocery store tomorrow, but I should be good to go for a while.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a better weekend than I am. I'll be back to report on exercise tomorrow. Oh, 2.75 miles walked today, then my pedometer was reset by my friend's little girl. It's a wonderful toy, apparently. That was around 7, and we walked around for hours after that, but that's all I'm going to add, because that's all I'm sure of.

Anyway, nighty night.
~Elisha
Old 06-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #55  

Talking Another Friday night and I ain't got nobody.....

Hey pretty quite on the board tonight... where is everybody... Well I know Lisa is away camping and Julie is away for the weekend. Donna has posted and so has Elisha... So where are the rest of you Off for the weekend early

Donna is was so nice to hear from you.... I'm glad you are home and that everything went well. Told you it would

Sorry you're feeling down Elisha.... nice haiku tho.... Just a thought... maybe if you saved what you spend on lunch... and pack a nice healthy one.... you could put it in a jar (or under your mattress or something ) and save it as a reward for some new clothes. Another thing you can do is to go to a thrift shop in an uptouptown wneighbourhood... As far as the beating yourself up goes... CUT IT OUT GIRL! Make a list of all the positive steps you have taken, you know that you've established some great habits, maybe somethings still need work but you've got your whole life a head of you to practice. Work toward a health life style and making good choices, and treat yourself when you need to and forgive yourself when you fall short. You can do it. {{Elisha}}

I'm afraid today was a total WASH for me... got going late this morning... no breakfast and had a piece of chocolate cake when I got to work, went out for lunch and had a steak sandwich and a beer and picked up pizza on the way home from delivering trees for dinner. I didn't get any exercise in... overslept and used all my breaks together so I could go out for lunch. Water was at an all time low. But the good news is that when I weighted in this morning I was down 2 pounds... YAY

Good night
Joy
Old 06-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #56  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Glad to report I'm feeling much better this morning. What happened yesterday can't be changed. All that can be done is to do better now.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Joy! Yesterday was just so bad, and there were lots of things weighing me down. That's a good idea about saving lunch money for a reward. The only problem is, the reason we go to Pizza Hut every week is because we have a friend that works there and he gives us free lunch! That wouldn't get me a very good reward! But I actually did decent at the Hut--only 2 slices, which is still a lot of calories, but I usually eat 3 or 4, then take leftovers and eat them later. The main problem I had yesterday was dinner at Arby's, and a whole day's worth of calories in one meal. Eesh. At least I didn't finish it all... I gave half of my cheesesticks to my friend, her daughter dumped 1/3 of my french fries on the floor and drank half of my lemonade. I guess that's better than eating all those calories!

I had a nice chat with my mom this morning, not necessarily about weight, but about pretty much everything that's going on in our lives. It seems that Mom and I don't get to talk much anymore, which sucks. My family has always been so close. I guess Steve is my confidante now, which is good too. But sometimes I still need my mom. In any case, I feel better about some things now, so that's good. And yesterday I talked to my dad about the family eating healthier, and he seems to be on board. He was actually interested and asking me nutrition questions like how much water he should drink and how many calories he needs in a day... general stuff, but at least he was asking. His previous response to any comment about weight loss was always either "Carrots versus Candy Bars" or "Eat Less and Exercise More." Duh. Easier said than done.

Today I'm going to clean my room and get out my summer clothes. Turns out I don't have any money to really go shopping, but I did get 2 cute pairs of shoes for $4 each. Couldn't pass that up. I'm sure I'll find something to wear until I can afford more clothes. It's not like I'm going naked.

OK, I need to get going. Have a good day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 06-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #57  

Happy Saturday!

We just got back from a "breakfast in the park" picnic with our car club. It was such fun and everyone seemed to have a good time. Of course, there was all the bad breakfast foods.....pancakes & hashbrowns & ham & sausage & eggs....along with some fruit and gallons of coffee. I did pretty well, mostly because I kept busy, cooking & fetching & being charming......a couple small pancakes & 1 sausage and drank 2bottles of water. (Haven't had sausage in months.....and I savored every morsel!) Weigh-in will have to wait til tomorrow......I hit the ground running this morning!

Julie.....Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, celebrating your daughters coming into your lives. If you back doesn't straighten out soon, perhaps a doctor visit is in order....could be something serious.....or maybe something easily fixable.

Joy.....You are doing awesome with your exercise.....and it shows, as no one could haul around 26 trees without being in some kind of good shape!

Donna.....Thank you so much for posting! I am glad everything went well.....you just rest and heal now and get ready for the rest of your life.

Elisha.....We all have those frustrating, down in the dumps, life sucks and I need chocolate kind of days. Believe me. I can really relate to your "doing something incredibly stupid" comment......I am my own worst enemy some days. We have to keep going.....keep trying when we don't want to.....because it is incredibly important to keep ourselves balanced and healthy. We can do this together!

Time to get on with the rest of the weekend......think I will go thru my recipe clippings and try something new tonight!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:20 AM   #58  
"workin' on my fitness"

Arrrrgh!

Can you believe that we've had our first tropical storm? We lost cable on Saturday morning, so that forced me to clean around the house. Poor hubby's back is killing him, so we have a bunch of stuff stacked up, but not moved into storage yet. On Sunday, it cleared up as the storm made landfall up by the panhandle, and we went up to the house to check the most recent progress.

I know several chickies have asked to see pictures- click here for the webpages we did to keep family and friends in the loop. We try to get up there every week or 2 weeks, and now supposedly things will be progressing a lot faster.

Food was crappy this weekend, but there was much less of it than there could have been. We did have pizza during the cleaning frenzy, but I'd like to think that I burned that off already

sooo, this morning, 2 zone bars for breakfast, and having my diet coke now. Will choke down my vitamins, and then get to work.

Donna- glad all went well, chickie!

Elisha- I've got plenty of room- and all our chickies have an open invite. I'll put that dang treadmill in the garage & hold it for you

Joy- I think we all had pizza incidents, didn't we? Elisha, you, me...who else will fess up?

Safe trip to Julie...and Lisa should be getting back soon, right?

Have a great morning, chickies! (((((chickies!!!!)))))
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #59  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

This weekend was not good. Way too much food, not nearly enough water, and no exercise to speak of. Except running around after my friend's little girl yesterday. That counts as exercise, doesn't it?

I feel like crap today, chicks. I'm just mad at the world right now. I'm mad at myself for not losing weight, for spending money, for everything basically. To start the day off, I woke up half an hour later, then Mom had the dishwasher running so I couldn't take a shower (we have water pressure issues in our house), and I'm sticky and gross from the humidity and the heat. I had to wash my hair, but that's I could manage. Ick. I'm going over to Steve's tonight to do laundry. I *will* exercise tonight. And there will be healthy food today (aside from that donut for breakfast). I bought one of those South Beach frozen pizza--the grilled chicken and vegetables one--it looks really good. I'll let you know. Has anyone else tried any of the new SBD meals? They look good, but marketing makes everything look good.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. I'm going to go journal, then find some work to do. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 06-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #60  

Wow, I haven't written anything since Wednesday. Thursday I weighed in at 199! I'm offically in ONE-derland!!! The last time I was under 200 lbs was, I believe, the end of my sophmore year of High School. My miles for Thursday - 3, Friday - 2, Saturday - 3 and Sunday - I didn't do much of anything, except swim.

Today I did WATPs 1 mi and Yourself!Fitness for 15 minutes. I'm suppose to be getting my pedometer that I ordered from Avon the other day and my 2 weeks free pass to Curves. I think me and the girl from work are going to start going Next Monday. Is anyone else going to Curves? Do you like it? I get nervous working out in front of a lot of people.

I think me and Jesse are going to get professional pictures taken at the end of July to put in the newspaper to announce our engagement (even tho we've been engaged for almost a year now) and to announce the date of our wedding (September 1, 2006) So, I really wanna be looking good by then, since I haven't seen a whole lot of people from school since last year, I want them to be like "wow, she's looking good" :-)

Welp, I better get ready for work. Bye Chickies!
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote