Old 05-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #121  

Hello!

Nothing like a vacation at home.....have been running all day! DH and I went out to breakfast, then on carpet shopping. I found exactly the carpet I wanted......and then picked out linoleum for the main bathroom too. Then, it was back home and out to the garden......tilled up the veggie garden, planted 6 rows of sweet corn and 2 dozen strawberry plants. DH bought 4 bales of straw, so I mulched the strawberries, raspberries, and grapes. After supper, we transplanted a big burning bush.....it had roots all the way to China, so it was quite a botanical feat to get it moved..... got my fingers crossed that it will survive!

Elisha....Your post was absolutely inspirational! I know you will conquer this weight loss yet! HOpe the kitty is ok. It must be the moon......our cat decided to climb on top of the bird feeder on our deck; the bird feeder top slipped and it and cat nose-dived 14' to the ground. Poor kitty.....he seems to be ok, though a little more subdued then usual today.

Lisa.....So glad to hear DH is better. Thank heavens for modern medicine!

Julie.....Wow....you really have been pouring on the exercise! You go girl!

Donna.....Now that you have made the decision for surgery, at least that part is behind you. Keep focusing on the future.....and how much better you are going to feel when all is said and done.

Mud.......I always admire folks like you, who have artistic talent. Personally, I can't get paint to stick to a wall......hehehe

My favorite hobby/way to relax? It has to be the garden! I love the planning, and planting, and caring for a garden....it is absolutely therapeutic. When we have good weather, I am out there from after-dinner until dark every weeknight!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #122  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Another crazy day here in my house......non-stop madness.......I asked DH, "Do you think we are going to survive?" And he was so serious and said, "Probably not." I was like.."Well, at least you're being honest." ************GIANT SIGH*************

Well, food was good today. I'm right OP..I am waiting for something to happen for me to lose this motivation...not that I'm being negative! But, I have been so motivated for the past few days, and I want it to STAY!! I worked out with the ball last night too Julie!! I just love it! And, I did upper body weights. Tonight is more ball work and some toning exercises too.

My absolute favorite hobby is reading..it is my therapy- truly. I can't imagine life without my books. I also love the computer...surfing around and stuff.

Donna - Girl, you are going to feel so much better after the surgery. The bloating GOES AWAY..I promise..it is so much better! (((Hugs))) to you..I know you have a lot on your mind. Please feel free to IM me if you want to chat.

Julie - WTG with the exercising! You rock! "Just say no" to all the bad foods that tempt you! (LOL!!) JUST DO IT! (Oh, I love teasing you!!! )

Alrighty, I've got a ton to do..gotta run!!

Hope you all have a terrific evening, and I'll talk to you all tomorrow!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:52 PM   #123  

MsRD - You snuck in on me!! Sounds like we were both running today! I wish I could see your yard and garden..it all sounds so lovely. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with a green thumb, and I kill most everything I touch!!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 PM   #124  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

I did it! I exercised! 30 minutes on the elliptical. I didn't do the weight machine this evening because my back has been a little cranky today. But at least it prompted me to stretch some, which I could definitely use more of. Water is at 72 oz (plus coffee w/fat-free creamer and diet dr. pepper). Calories are at 1737, which is still a little above where I want to be, but getting closer, so it's ok. Steve and I went to Wendy's for dinner and I had a baked potato and one of the new Mediterranean chicken salads--SO good! Yummy! I didn't get to try out the snack plan this afternoon because I got sidetracked by actual work for a while, then it was almost time to go home so I figured I'd just wait. I did manage to walk 2.28 pedometer miles today, plus 2 aerobic "miles." Woohoo!

This commitment thing seems to be working so far. I'm trying to look at it as just another thing on my list of things to do, like getting dressed or going to work. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. It worked today. I've also managed to stick with the No Weighing so far. The post-it on the scale really helps! I can't use forgetfulness as an excuse!

Anyway, I need to get some sleep. Have a good night, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Inexplicably sad today.... I'll check back in tomorrow. Glad to see everyone is on track.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:28 AM   #126  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What do you like best about your body?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #127  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

I don't know how I feel today. Kind of neutral. My grandfather died a year ago today, so it's kind of sad. On the other hand, things are going well for me right now. My best friend is taking my kitty to the vet (her uncle--she can get us a discount) this afternoon. I don't know how long she's going to have to stay there though. Mom and Dad are meeting my grandma for dinner, so I don't have to worry about cooking dinner for everyone. I'll be able to exercise when I get home, then shower and self-tan. I don't know what I'm going to have for dinner though. Something light. Healthy Choice dinners were on sale for 50% off, so I picked up some of those. I figured they'd be good for lunches.

QotD: What do I like best about my body?
I like my curves, and the fact that I'm tall. I like the fact that I'm female (I'm very girly, in case you haven't noticed), and have the ability to reproduce. I like that my body can always do a little more than I think it can, and that I am capable and can move and bend and flex.

Ok, work is starting to filter in, so I'd better get going. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 05-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #128  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Good Evening!

For the question of the day: The thing I like best about my body is... well there are a few things. First I love my toes... they are just too cute. Second: i am really begining to like my legs. Third: my curves, those are starting to be absolutely fabulous in my opinion.

Today I am so tired. I am a real light sleeper and my MIL decided to get up at 3 am and watch tv for three hours at full volume.( Granted she has odd sleeping patterns and is deaf in one ear, but full volume at 3 am!) Yeah she lives with us. And there are days that she makes me really crazy, but most days she's fine. Anyways I was n't going to do much today because of my zombie like state; but when I tried to nap and could not I decided to exercise instead. And I have enough eneygy that I can get in a short walk before it gets dark.

Has anyone read the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" ? I personally have not read it but it seems like all it is, is common sense in a book. I though about buying it, but changed my mind after realizing what it really was.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #129  

Joy, sweetie, are you o.k.? I am sorry you have been down. I get like that sometimes, too, and it is a bad place to be. Come on....I need my WW buddy ASAP!! Are you with me to weigh in this Friday? You can be part of our calling tree..except I will post something to you instead!! LOL!

Mud - Pretty toes....oh you are so lucky!! MIne are pretty ugly! LOL!

Donna, Tracy, MsRD....are you all o.k.?? Julie, where in the heck are YOU?? I miss you guys and I would love to see a post! I'm trying to get better about posting every day. Today was a pretty good day! I have been letting the kids go out and play in their plastic swimming pools and I read and talk to them. It has been precious time - watching them laugh, splash, and play. I have gotten to tears every day watching them. Oh, how I love those boys!

Food has been good, and exercise too. Last night, I rode the bike for 30 min., and I did some toning and weights too. I'm trying to get in more veggies. I'm doing alright, though. Went to the grocery store today and got lots of healthy things. Lately, I have been into watermelon! I love it!

Well, I need to go rest! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #130  

Oh, what do I like best about my body? I like my face and my facial features. I like my smile..I do tend to be smiley! I am not happy with the rest of my body...I never have been, and I felt like that even in a size 4 in college. Looking back, why did I feel that way? I was so thin, and in shape too! But, I am working on my body image, and I am working on toning. I just want to get these thighs and legs under control! It's a tough spot for sure to work on. Actually, I would be happy with more energy..I am so tired, and I wonder if I am taking good enough care of myself and getting enough good nutrition.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #131  

"French Women Don`t Get Fat" it is a great book, our mag just did a review. It is more or less about moderation which is great once you get to your goal weight before that limit to cheating and having one slice of cake instead of 3 or a few chips instead of a bag. It is an awesome read!!!

"What do I love about my boddy"

Now, I love my facial features, loved my curved body just want a smaller one! I hate my feet, I have big toes and I avoid those pointy narrow shoes, my feet are small but a bit wide, if the shoe is a very narrow cut I have to go wide or one size up! Maybe that is the problem I have been buying shoes too small and should just go one size up! How can I measure my feet a home?
Digital Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #132  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Here!

Hi everyone...
Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I think I just forgot!

Well, I really have been focusing on exercise and have been doing great. Food seems to be falling into place, too. I am just making it more of a conscious effort because I DO care.

Yesterday was an interesting day! The state surveyors FINALLY arrived at our nursing home! So far, so good! But then, the first day is always good...they usually don't find anything until the 2nd or 3rd day...sometimes on the last day!!! GRRRRR!! It's a stressful time for all the staff when they are in the building, but it is a necessary evil. I hope some day that nursing homes don't have to have such strict rules and regs because they are self monitoring and the quality of care is excellent! Our elders are so precious!!
The nursing home I work in has really improved in the last year and even though I get stressed with the many hats I wear, I still have a passion for what I do!

OK...exercised yesterday...2 miles WATP AND some toning with my ball. I have to tell you all...the ball is a great thing and doesn't feel like resistance when you are doing it, which is not to say my muscles aren't sore the next day!!! I also am having some pain (it's always something at this age, isn't it?) in my heel which started bothering me a few months ago. Doesn't seem to be getting better, so I think it's time for a Dr. visit. It really bothers me when I am on me feet all day and then exercise on top of that! First thing in the morning, I can hardly bear weight on my heel. I find it's worse when I wear my "casual shoes" that have no arch support, which leads me to beleive it's probably more of an arch problem than a heel problem! Blah, blah, blah!

I'm so glad to see everyone's posts here. You are all truly inspirational to me.

Digital girl...what do you do at a magazine? I think that would be a really cool job!

Lisa...So glad you are spending time just watching your boys! I find that if I really don't pay attention and get wrapped up in what I "need" to get done, it's so easy to not spend time with Kaleigh. Last night I saw her laying on the floor in the hallway playing with one of her stuffed animals...she looked so pathetically lonely. I had been "busy" with all the housework, etc...so I put everything down and told her I would play a game with her. She was so happy! I need to be more conscious of her precious life! She is becoming more and more independent (almost 6) and doesn't demand my attention like she used to! Well, those were some random thoughts!!! Sorry...Hope all is well with you, too! What's this "calling tree" you are referring to?

I gotta get moving here this morning...Hugs to all of you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #133  

Julie, there are 3 of us here in my hometown that are doing WW at home. We just weigh in on Fridays and call each other with the results. It has been so motivational for me! I know these girls are weighing in and I feel the "competetive" feeling of wanting to lose weight!! LOL!! Do you want to weigh in on Fridays with me?? I like weighing in on Fridays, because then my points start over, and I have my flex points for the weekend! Works out great .
Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #134  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What's the first thing you intend to do when you get to your goal weight? Do you have any special celebration planned?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:50 AM   #135  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Sorry I didn't get to post last night. My computer is on the fritz. I did manage to do pretty well yesterday, though calories were a bit high. Dad brought home stuffed-crust pizza for dinner. I was just about to get on the elliptical when he walked in. What did I do?

I got on the elliptical! I knew that if I didn't exercise first I wouldn't do it. I only did 20 minutes though, plus a full circuit on the weight machine.

The snacking plan worked ok yesterday, except I just ended up eating too many calories. Dinner would have had to have been really light for me to make my calorie goal I ended up coming in under budget, but only because I exercised, and even then I only had 1 1/2 slices of pizza, which was enough, but 2 whole slices would have been nice. I guess that is the hard part of dieting.

Along with my commitment to exercising, I made out a chart of other random things I need to do during the day, but often don't. I managed to do everything on my list yesterday except "make the bed." And I'm really ok with that. I was debating whether or not to put it on the list anyway, because I really don't care if the bed is made.

Steve and I are going to look at another house tonight. I still want the other one, but I guess we'll see. We're running out of time.

I also managed to get in 2.25 pedometer miles yesterday, which I will add to my tally momentarily.

Anyway, I'll stop with the randomness now, because I have lots of work to do today. Have a great one, chicks.
~Elisha