Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #46  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

What helps me most is sticking to a specific plan..in my case it is WW. If I do it on "MY OWN", I am not consistent at all. It's like I don't feel accountable enough - I just keep starting over and over and over...etc. Also, I really have to concentrate on my fiber and water intake. That helps me so much! I have to keep the cupboards stocked with WW friendly foods to help with the unhealthy snacking I fall into otherwise. Also, what helps me is having a goal..such as this Ball I am attending with DH, or the fact that I will be at the community pool with friends in a couple of months...things like that motivate me BIG TIME.

Being a part of this wonderful group of chickies helps me most though! You are all awesome!!!!!!!! Love you chickies!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #47  

Today's answer to today's question is Yogurt for breakfast and plenty of water. I always see better results when I start my day off with a yogurt. I really believe in that dairy thing they have been saying that it helps with the belly fat and all. When I slack off I notice the weight creeps back on. So, gotta stock up on the yogurt again and get back with the program.
Tracy and Lisa, I will not be having a hysterectomy for it scares me to death! LOL I am going to have that HTA which is the hydro Therm Ablator WHENEVER they call me back to schedule the appointment! LOL I was told on Wednesday that if I didn't hear from the scheduler by Friday to call and I just did. Left a message on her voice mail. Which her message was she's in and out of the office all day but she will get back to me in two days! It's not an emergency but the time waiting not knowing is causing me to doubt if I should have it done or maybe I should go for it and just have them remove it all. LOL The bleeding has stopped. YEAH! And also the nausea!
Julie, I was reminded when you said your PT said to have 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day of the importance of that. WE can do this. I stopped on the scale this morning and even though I know most of my problem is water retention because of all this I am not helping myself. WE went to Moe's last night and I had a big, fat BORRITO! Now, I was full by the half and should of stopped eating right then but did I? NO! So, that doesn't help. Anyway, the scale is reminding me how fast things can get out of hand again so it's back to the WW way of living and no more putting it off till things are better! Thanks for the motivation!
MsRd, it may be that you and I are at the same place together! Starting over... finding that motivation. WE will do this!
Elisha, even when you have the kids always try to find time for yourself. It's so easy to put yourself aside when you have kids and let yourself go and that's natural for us but we end up regretting that we didn't take better care of ourselves eventually. Kids are wonderful and I would not trade motherhood for anything but you do tend to forget about you for if MOM isn't happy NO ONE IS! ROFLOL!

Joy, I love your notes to yourself and the guidelines you follow every day. Do you mind if I steal that? LOL

Happy Early Mother's Day to you all! I have a busy day today and I'll try and not be a weekend absintee poster! ROFLOL But... in case old habits come to haunt me please know that I am thinking of you all. Thanks for welcoming me back to the thread.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #48  

Julie - Did you get those fruits and veggies in??????????? Hope your day was fabulous!

Elisha - Are you feeling better? I hope so!

Donna - I'll have to remember that about the yogurt. I have heard that about having the dairy. Hope you get all your surgery plans worked out...if you want to talk about the hysterectomy option, please IM me or PM me - I'd be glad to tell you my experience. I highly recommend it. So glad to hear you are feeling better! Oh, and YES..LET'S POST THIS WEEKEND........PLEASE?? Remember the "good old days" when we were weekend partners?? I sure could use the support .

Joy - How is the WW coming along? I'm still trucking along..I'm not bucking the "system" so badly lately..I don't know what gets into me - I sometimes get like this healthy food rebellion or something.

Well, today was pretty good. No exercise though. I am TIRED..plain and simple. I just layed around all day and my house reflects that. DH even scolded me- he usually doesn't say anything at all concerning house work. But, I deserved it..I have slacked off so badly and gotten all unorganized..it's like my brain is just dead - I can't focus on anything. I feel like I am in a fog- or underwater..I just hate it. Eating was good today - right on plan. We went to one of my favorite restaurants tonight. I ordered a hamburger and fries. I squeezed the hamburger patty until all the extra grease was out...and then I only ate half, and only a few fries..not even 5. Usually, I can polish it all off..and then some wings and dessert. Tonight, I felt full. I call it a victory! DH said, "You're done eating????" Anyway, I felt good about my choices and my attitude.

Well, gotta run...I am going to bed! Those of you that know me, know what a night owl I am, and this is VERY EARLY for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! I am feeling very old these days.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #49  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Friday PM

OK, I just wrote down all the fruits and veggies I got in today and it was 5 servings!!! Yea!!! So in answer tothe question of the day, I think that in itself is what helps me lose weight. When I am concentrating on what I CAN eat instead of what I CAN'T eat, it's then that I lose!!! I'm hoping Monday will reflect at least a one lb loss!!!

I did NOT get any "formal" exercise in today, but I was back at work and walking like crazy all over the place. Although today was a very lax day for everyone who attended the seminar the last 3 days. No one (not even the boss) felt like working today! I think our brains and emotions were still struggling to catch up with our bodies (or maybe the other way around!!! )
At any rate, food was decent today, although I did have 3 pieces of pizza tonight for supper. I really wanted another piece later on tonight, but decided to have some strawberries only with Splenda! That's a good sign!

We had our family picture taken for the church directory tonight. They were digital so we were able to see them right away. BLECH! I've had better pictures taken, but I think the extra 5 or 7#'s is really showing on my face. When I started losing weight or if someone hadn't seen me for a while after I did lose, they would always comment tome that my face lookd thinner! Geeesh....I wonder if they ever noticed my butt!!!!! I also think with the pictures that Ihad on a light colored shirt and...blah, blah, blah....I'm just making excuses...I'm fat!!!! And it needs to come off! Maybe I should post the little print out somewhere so I can see it and remind myself that I HAVe gained!!! Grrrrrr!

OK I haven't had time to comment all week, so here goes....

Lisa...YOU WENT TO BED WHEN???????????? I'm glad to see you continue to stay motivated. Keep it up chickie!

Elisha...sorry you are still not feeling well. I have this sinus thingy too...I'm kind of tired of it and hoping it will just "go away"! Get your rest!

Donna...sooooo glad you are back with us!!! It's great to have your cheerful input!

Joy...I didn't know you were a Survivor fan. I've mentioned watching it before but no one responded to it! I loved the way they voted Greg off...they should have done that weeks ago...and kept Steph!!!!!! Anyway...hope your weeding goes well this weekend! I used to look forward to the gardening season...now I kind of dread it...like it is just one more thing for me to do...as if I need more!!! Guess I need to take a long hard look at how I spend my time!

MsRD...Keep hanging on chickie! We are here for ya! At least you are exercising with Leslie. She's enought to get anyone motivated!!

Tracy...you still hangin in with us chickie? Your marathon night is always my envy!!!

Hugs to all and Happy Mother's Day to you Moms out there!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Red face

What's the one thing you do that helps your weight loss most?

For me I cannot nail it down to one thing. In order for me to see success I MUST do each of these EVERY DAY .

1. FOOD JOURNALING EVERY DAY
2. DRINKING 60+ OZ OF WATER
EVERY DAY
3. EATING IN MODERATION (LOTS OF FIBRE AND LOW FAT) EVERY DAY
4. EXERCISING CONSISTENTLY (AND IN THE ZONE)
EVERY DAY

So tonight is a confessional.

I did lots for myself today. I went to a professional development day. We heard two motivational speakers. Let me just say they were very good at their jobs. The last gentleman Alvin Law, was a Thamidalide baby - had no arms and has gone on to accomplish many things. But of course we were out for lunch... had a chicken burger with bacon cheese and avacado and salad with blue cheese dressing, then for dinner we had DGS#2 over so we had a camp fire and had hot dogs, baked wedgie fries, taco chips and some spinache avacado dip I made and a good health fudgicle.... Did I say 2 beers. Anyways didn't count but I'm sure I was definately overy today. I didn't get a whole lot of water in either sitting in lectures for two and a half hours at a time. No exercise, weeding, painting or organizer either. I really don't feel to bad about it for some reason, with all the thinking I did today, I'm thinking it really doesn't matter, it's a choice I made and I will probably want to make better choices tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Have a great weekend.

Try to live each day full of life and love and peace.

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:39 AM   #51  
~In my own little world~

Marathon night workout was decent I guess. I kept getting interrupted but it was still a good night. I'm on the scales in the morning. I cheated and looked though the middle of the week and it hadn't budged. Kinda brought me down. But it is warming up so if the rain will go away I'll get to walking. I have the treadmill but there is something about hoofing it outside that adds a bigger kick, ya know? I'm just trying my best not to get discouraged.

Try try try and in the end, try harder!!

Ya'll have a great weekend.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:27 AM   #52  

Happy Saturday!

First things first......hopped on the scales this morning and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought. Stilll.....I am up a few pounds and ready to start over. I will try and get things back on plan this weekend, and then really hunker down all next week. I can do this!

Julie.....a personal trainer? a FREE personal trainer? Take advantage ...being accountable to someone is so helpful! Five fruits/veggies....now there is a challenge! It takes a little planning, but we all could do it if we thought about it.

Lisa.....I have to really start planning meals better. I can do breakfast and lunch ok, but dinner (and evening snacking) really is where I fail. I will be working the early shift this week (7:30-3:30), so will be off early enough to make a nice dinner without rushing.......if I just plan the menu ahead, I will do so much better.

Joy.....We are both going to be kicking butt with the exercise next week! You are so right....every day is a choice.....and as long as we are ok with that choice, then it is the right one for us at that moment. Unfortunately, some of my choices were chocolate and cookies this week....but they were my choices and I am the one who has to deal with the results.

Elisha.....Try and get some rest this weekend. There is such a learning curve starting a new job, you really want to be feeling your best.

Donna......so glad you are feeling a bit better. Keep calling that scheduling person - this is too important to let slide by. Hmmm.....I never thought about yogurt being a weight loss trigger. I usually have mine for lunch.....but for the calcium content.

Tracy.....Your workout night sounds so good.....glad the family (for the most part) lets you have that evening for yourself. Don't let the scales get you down.....yeah, I know, easy to say. Do you take measurements also? Sometimes it helps if you have more than one way to measure dieting results.....sometimes the scale doesn't move, but you are still losing inches!

Hmmm....what helps with my weight loss the most? It has to be exercise......no matter what I do, nothing happens until I throw in the exercise. This is a real challenge, as exercise is positively the last thing I want to do!

Got to get the house ready for tomorrow.....grocery shop.....visit Mom.....and there is one little flower bed that still needs to be cleaned up!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #53  

I had a message on my voice mail on my cell yesterday from her. She actually called me on Thursday! I don't know why she called my cell phone and not my home phone. I gave that number in case they couldn't get me on my home phone. Well, I called and they had closed the office for the day.

It's a beautiful day here today. I'm going to put on my walking shoes and walk! Any one care to join me??? LOL Talk to you all later.
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #54  
motomom

Default Happy Mother's Day!

Good Afternoon ladies!

I had a most wonderful morning this morning. DD and DH bought me a beautiful necklace. It's the Mother/Daughter pendant, only there is a Father added to it. It's just beautiful! DH gave me a beautiful card with some wonderful words that made me cry!

We went to church and the sermon was about forgiveness. Very meaninful! And now we are going to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day. Going for a bike ride around a local lake. I think it's about 7 miles. Should be a fun time!

I hope the rest of you have wonderful day!

I'll check in later!

Hugs to all!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #55  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Happy Mothers Day Ladies!

Well my computer was down for a few days so I am a bit behind on the daily question thing. The thing that helps me lose weight the most is exercise and lots of water. I have not had a soda in a week and I am feeling so good.

This week I am stepping up my exercise again. I am adding an additional 20-30 mintues of walking a day to the 1 hour I am already doing. As for the Special K diet, I did not follow it for a couple of days. But I did manage to replace the 'cereal meals" i missed with good alternatives. One day I had a salad, and the next I had fish instead. so I don't feel too bad about it.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #56  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! My family bought me a really nice hammock swing, along with the metal stand for it. It is HUGE! AND I LOVE IT! They also got me some flowers to plant and some tomato plants. DH bought shrimp and grilled it for my lunch..it was divine! Also, as part of my Mother's Day gift, all 4 of my boys worked in the yard with me all day. It looks so much better, and we still have a long way to go. I am so tired! I'm wimpy when it comes to physical labor like that! LOL!!

Well, I need to go and clean up the neglected kitchen and living room!

Blessings to you all,
Lisa
Old 05-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #57  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks! And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Today was a good day, but not diet-wise. Diet-wise, it was a very, very, very bad day. First, Mother's Day breakfast for my mom: sausage gravy and biscuits. Then the girls from my previous job threw me a little going-away party, and there was lots of yummy food involved. I kind of gave myself permission to take today off. My new life, and my new diet, starts tomorrow.

I was going to post in the morning, but since it's my first day at my new job, I don't want to be late, and I know how I procrastinate and then rush and don't get things done, so I'm just posting now. Last month I mentioned a May Miles/Minutes Challenge, and I know I'm a little late, but here it is.

The Challenge is to walk 100 miles by June 1st (or exercise for 1500 minutes). Or set an exercise goal for yourself of whatever you wish. Pedometer miles are easiest, since you get to count literally every step you take during the day, but do what works for you. The point is to get moving, and stay moving. Keep track of your daily totals in your posts, or add it to your signature.

So who's up for a good challenge?

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #58  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Question Question of the Day

What diet/type of diet works best for you? Why?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #59  
~In my own little world~

What diet/type of diet works best for you? Why?

Well this is going to go along with my issues today. I have been doing the calorie thing. It's been working since the second week of October. However, I didn't lose a thing this week and it's really devestated me. I'm just working to hard. I might be losing inches but I don't measure. My clothes are enormous and I guess I look fat to myself b/c of it. I dunno. I'm just sad over this. Going to change things around some these next weeks. For one I don't think I'm getting enough protein which is hard for me. Blech! And I'm busting out the stroller and hoofing it at least every other day.

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Sorry to just post about me me me.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:37 AM   #60  
motomom

Default Monday Morning!

Well, here it is...exactly 3 months before my hiking expidition and I am not anywhere in shape the way I would like to be! This is the week that I am going to start kicking some *** though! I start my Pilates class tomorrow at 5:30 and then again on Thursday. I meet with my PT (I love saying that!!!) on Thursday after the class, so it should be an exciting week. If I bust some butt this morning, I think I can get in 20 minutes with Leslie before I shower!

Yesterday we went for a bike ride around the lake. DH pulled the Burley trailer with DD. I offerred!!! I think it was a bit longer than 7 miles, though...more like about 13-15...and there were hills...lots of them! I should have pulled the Burley...I had to keep stopping to wait for DH...he's really out of shape! Not that I'm not right behind him, though! Some of those hills were really tough and I may not have made it up them with that trailer! Geesh!

OK enough about that. Food. Yesterday was really not great! I started out good with some eggs & sausage & toast (ate about 1/2 of evrything) and then a piece of pizza for lunch with some strawberries. For supper, DH made me my favorite BBQ ribs on the grill!!! And a baked potatoe with SC and butter! OK...like I said, not great but could have been much worse. I did have a low carb wine cooler too! Drank plenty of water!

Today, I will pack my lunch. Will try to have some cottage cheese & fruit before I leave for work and drink a glass of water. Hopefully will be working out in the garden at work today. Someone is supposed to come and start building a raised veggie garden for the residents today, but rain is in the forecast! I will be getting in my miles with Leslie today...and it may be after I get home today!

Lisa...what a great treat for you to get a hammock! And that the boys helped in the yard! YEA!! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day! We need to chat. Let me know when you are free this week!

Tracy...never apologize for writing about YOU! That's what this is about! You are here for YOU!! It's nice to support the rest of the group, but it's not a requirement! Don't beat yourself up about not losing this week. Read about plateau's and what you can do! It's perfectly normal!
7 months is a long time to go without one!!!

Elisha...Good luck today! You will be great. Now you HAVE to exercise, chickie!

Mud...sounds like you are doing just awesome...being very mindful of everything! Yea you!

MSRD...time to start over! You and me, sistah! Let's do it!!!

Donna...Hope you had a great walk! Keep us posted with the rest of the things going on in your life!

Joy...Your day at the seminar sounds like just what you needed. Sometimes it's not about doing the things that we KNOW we should do, but just living in the moment. So glad you were able to find some balance and just let go for a day! I'm proud of you!

Hope I didn't forget anyone! I need to get going. Have a few things to do yet this morning...Hugs to all!