Old 05-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #181  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tgit

LOL! I played hookey today but really have a ton of things to do, so really it is a work day. I made an appt. with my Dr. today so she can look at my heel! I hate going to the Dr. Seems like everytime I go, the thing that is wrong and has been goes away within a few days! Maybe this time, it will happen and I won't have to worry about this pain in my foot anymore!!!

I want to get my haircut too, so hopefully I can fit that in with all the bazillion other things I want to get done! Laundry is calling...

Gotta run! Have a great Holiday weekend. I probably won't check in until Monday!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 PM   #182  
motomom

Default I lied...

here I am checking in! Good news at the Dr. It's Plantar Fascitis which is basically inflammation of the tendon down there in the heel area. My doctor said it has probably been aggravated by a number of things but primarily because Ihave increased the amount of time I spend on my feet (walking)! GREAT! She says to do some stretches several times daily, ice it after work and try to stay off of it as much as possible. She also suggested getting an insole for my shoe(s)....

Soooooo...I headed over to the Birkenstock store after my appt and found some really helpful information about shoes/insoles, etc. This place has FREE consults with a Pedorthist and has more than Birkenstocks. I put a pair of New Balance hiking shoes (a size bigger because apparently my feet have gotten bigger over the years...did you know that could happen...I call it "middle age stretch"...LOLOL!!!!) Anyway...thought I could have them for our camping weekend, but they closed by the time I got around to calling them to see when they closed. They open at 9 in the morning and I could probably go before we leave in the morning if DH wants to wait a few extra minutes to get on the road!

I feel a little better after having talked to my Doctor today. She assured me that I am doing all the right things, but that my body just doesn't know what to think! Guess I should have started thinking about how my body felt quite a few years ago!!! Some lessons are hard to swallow!

OK...well thanks for listening!

Mud...Good job on finding the mojo to go to the gym! It's hard for me just to work out at home!

Elisha...hope you stocked up, girl! Now, get going!!!!

Donna...I hear ya chickie on the "falling apart" thing! At least we are doing something now, right? Thanks for your upbeat and positve attitude! Keep on keepin' on, girl!

Lisa...Girl...I miss you! Please come back to the flock! We need you here! Kaleigh still has two more weeks of school. She's done on June 8...1/2 day! Yipee when she gets out. We have a babysitter that lives 2 doors down and she will be coming HERE every day! YEA! I'm sure your life will slow down come summer...maybe!

MsRD...We MUST take care of our feet! On the self esteem...you nailed the way I have been feeling...it all gets so out of control and then the downward spiral starts. YUP...been there! STill go there sometimes. I hate it! Let's kick this thing together...all of us!!

Happy Holiday to all of you! We are leaving by 9am for camping! YEA!!!! Can't wait!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #183  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks.

I'm not feeling very upbeat tonight. Plain old crappy, you could say. I wish I wasn't such a roller coaster all the time. I wish I could be consistent with something. Anything really, anything.

I don't know. I dont want to bore everyone with my sob story. It's just that sometime I feel like there's so much good stuff in my life, and all I do is mess things up.

*shakes her head*

I did get in 2.04 miles today, after I got to work (I updated my signature and reset my pedometer at work this morning). But I had Burger King for dinner, so there goes that.

I did get a WATP DVD, the Walk & Jog one. Has anyone tried that one? I'd like to start jogging, especially since I'm (hopefully) going to be moving to a nice neighborhood with decent sidewalks. Anyway, hopefully this will get me moving again, and if I like it I might try some other ones. I want to get a Tae Bo video too, I think I would like that. It might be a little too high impact for me on some days though. We'll see.

Anyway, the brain has officially shut down for the evening, so I bid you all fare well and good night.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:26 PM   #184  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Now then...I am ready to catch up with all of you!!

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Julie - Take care of that foot girl...please mind the doctor. Knowing you , you are on a ton of prescription meds for it..right?????? LOLOLOL!! Just teasing ya! You're not the pharmaceutical company's dream like I am . Oh, I am jealous of your camping trip. I hope you have a terrific time! Are you going to Margaritaville?? I am trying to convince my DH to buy us a camper - I just have the fever so bad this time of year!! I have missed you Julie, and I tried to IM you tonight..sorry I missed you- my computer has some major issues!!!

Donna - Hi!! I've missed talking to you too! How are things going with you? I know...surgery is probably the main thing on your mind. I just have the best feeling for you- that you are going to do terrific and breeze right through this . Don't forget, the offer is still open for me to bring you chick novels and comfort food! I'll drive right up there!! LOL! Seriously, I hope you are well and feeling peaceful about things..I'll say a prayer for you.

Elisha - How is the house hunting going?? Oh, and BTW..thank you so much for doing the question of the day. Speaking of...I like to do my exercise inside the best. I like to read and exercise on my bike. Hope you are doing well Elisha.

Joy - Now, sistah...you need to check in with us and tell us you are doing alright. I hope you are feeling fabulous. How is the WW going? I had a rough week this week. Can you believe this......one of my DH's students brought him today a Snickers Cake made from SCRATCH!! It is in a giant pan too! Goodness..I must find a way to get that cake away from me......grrrrrrrr!!!!!

MsRD - Hello . How are you? I hope fantastic. Have you been working in your yard?? Working on your cars with DH??

Mud - Are you radioactive yet?? Hope you are well!

Well, I need to go sleep.. Take care everybody!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #185  
Bound and Determined

Question Question of the Day

What's your favorite snack? Junk food? Healthy food?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #186  

Ladies, I am having my very LAST period! Having some very bad cramps but it doesn't seem to bother me as much this time because I feel like I'm saying inside "ha ha ha you can't keep me!" Strange I know..
You guys will probably not hear much from me this weekend. DH is home for four days and DD is out early today and off of course on Monday. I sure hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay SAFE! :
Julie, have a great time on your camping trip and take care of your heel. I am glad it was not anything that required medications and worse yet SURGERY and those inserts will help. I hear that our ears and feet get bigger as we age.
Lisa, You are too sweet to even offer for bringing me books and food. Like you have nothing else to do. LOL I went to sleep early last night so I felt your tiredness Have a great weekend!
MsRd, Big plans for the weekend? I bet you'll be working in your garden. We always say we are going to have a garden but something else always comes up. Have a great weekend!
Miss Elisha, I hope you are feeling better today. We all have times when for some unknown reason we feel down and looking around and seeing all the good in our lives it just doesn't seem to matter. I hope you feel better and have a great weekend!
Joy, Thinking of you too and hoping all is well. What are you guys doing this weekend? I hope you have a great one.
Mud, I feel funny calling someone MUD! But I'm sure there is a story behind this! LOL Have a great weekend!
Tracy, Where are you? I hope you are doing ok. Come out, come out where ever you are! LOL You must be very busy like the rest of us. Have a great weekend!
I really feel like I'm missing someone. I hate that!
Nothing big planned here for the weekend. I think we are going to work in the yard but my husband is still trying to recoperate from a poison ivy outbreak so we shall see. I'm just looking forward to a relaxing weekend just staying home and cooking out with my family and maybe a few friends.
Have a great weekend everyone!

TTFN!
Donna

Last edited by dlzbth; 05-27-2005 at 08:56 AM.
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #187  

Question of the Day

I love to snack on cheese and almonds. Those are healthy but too much is not a good thing!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #188  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

I'm feeling much better this morning than I was last night. I was a little stressed yesterday. Today though, almost half of the office took the day off, including the boss, so today should be pretty easy. The girl that had my job before me is still in the office, so she's going to come back and train me on some thing today, which is good, because I'm starting to get criticized for not knowing things I haven't been told.

Anyway, the plan is to go home and do my new WATP DVD this evening, but my plans don't generally work out the way they are planned. Like last night, for example. I didn't make it to the grocery store in time, because I locked my keys in my car for the first time ever. Then I went to WalMart and forgot to have extra keys made (my grandma has the other key, since her name is on the car as well, but she's over an hour away). Eesh. What a fun day yesterday was. And I don't really have any money to go grocery shopping. I'll figure it out.

The whole family is coming over to our house on Monday for my birthday, on Sunday my friends at my old job are throwing me and another girl who's leaving a going-away party at the local Japanese restaurant, and tomorrow I'm going shopping with my best friend (although we're not going to buy anything because we have no money). We're also going to some DIY clinics at Lowe's, because we're both going to be remodeling this summer. So this weekend is not going to be good diet-wise. I am going to try to get some things done, like cleaning my house, especially my bedroom, and getting out my summer clothes (even though it's supposed to be around 65 degrees here all weekend).

OK, I'm rambling.

QotD: What's my favorite snack? Cheetos. Or Snickers. Or chips and guacamole and salsa. All of which would fall under the "junk food" category. My favorite healthy food? Sugar free Jello at the moment. Fat free potato chips (although it's debateable whether those are healthy or not). Tomato and cucumber salad. Raw cauliflower.

Right now I really want some grilled salmon. I think I'll have that on Sunday. Wow. My brain is just zipping around today. Definitely an ADD day for me. Maybe that means I'll have energy today. More likely it just means I've had too much coffee with too much sugar.

OK, time to work. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #189  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Today was much better than yesterday, at least mentally. Not so much for the diet though. That was not pretty. I did, however, do my workout, which is more than I can say for the rest of the week.

The house thing isn't going well. Things keep messing up, and we're running out of time. Money is tight right now. I'm just stressed. But it's a three day weekend, and things should start calming down now. And I did get a bit of training today, and there's more to come on Tuesday.

Right now I'm at the point where I'm sick of junk food. If you can believe that. I'm craving something healthy, just an end to the crap.

Anyway, that's all I got tonight. Have a good Memorial Day weekend, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 05-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #190  

Hello All!
Here it is a holiday weekend....and the end of a month.....so the posts have dwindled down to nil. Kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here

I weighed in this morning.....and, miracle of miracles, have weighed the same for 2 weeks running. Maybe I have stopped gaining! My foot is beginning to feel better...being on it makes it a little achy, so will hold off til midweek before I start WATP again.

Julie....Take care of that foot, hon. Glad it was nothing more serious for you. Have a great weekend camping!

Joy.....Hope all is well at your end. When you have a minute, just stop in here and say hi...no need to write a novel, just let us know how you are doing.

Donna......Do you have your surgery scheduled now? It will be so nice to have it over and done with and feeling better. My sympathies to your DH and his poison ivy woes. We have poison ivy all around here, so it is quite common for me to get it once or twice a summer. I use a product called Ivy-Dri.....and tell him to keep the area very clean, so to avoid secondary infections.

Elisha.....Happy Birthday, Chickie! It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Have a great time window shopping...and at the parties. Don't worry about house hunting.....it is *supposed* to be hard work and frustrating and disappointing. But when you find the right house, everything should fall into place.

Lisa.....How did you know I had been out in the garden? It has probably something to do with the dirt under my fingernails, huh? Last year, I let everything go......just felt down and didn't want to do anything......so now I have to really work to get things back on track!

Jennifer......Just sending up a smoke signal here! I know you are probably insanely busy with the new job and building the house, but just check in for a sec to let us know just how insane it is!

As usual, i am looking forward to a new month. There is something about renewing my committment to myself and my health that will hopefully get me kickstarted in the right direction again.
Hope all of you are having a wonderful, safe weekend!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:01 PM   #191  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Is Someone The Birthday Girl??????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE YOU HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY TOMORROW...JUST GETTING IN THAT BIRTHDAY WISH FOR YOU A BIT EARLY...ONLY ABOUT AN HOUR THOUGH..LOL!! YOU ARE A SWEETIE AND I HOPE YOU ARE BLESSED GREATLY ON THIS IMPORTANT DAY!!

Oh my goodness, what a busy weekend! Guess what??? We bought a new camper this weekend...Oh, I am so excited..I just can't express how much. We got a really good deal too..and we have a new 30 foot camper that has a double slide (the living room and the kitchen). The living room has a sofa and a recliner. We have bunks for the 3 kids and a separate bedroom for ourselves, with a queen bed and lots of storage (even a dresser!!). And, we have a nice sized kitchen with good counter space and a nice sized bathroom! Also, we got the outdoor shower, which I think will really be handy. We are getting ready to go camping..just planning our first adventure. We don't get the camper until Thursday, because they have to install the outdoor shower. O.K., thanks for listening to me - Can you tell I am tickled to death over this purchase???

MsRD - Well..I did notice a good bit of dirt under your fingernails, but I wasn't going to say anything... Glad to hear you are enjoying your gardening. I'm also glad to hear your foot is progressing right along.

Donna - Hi girl!! How are you?? Would you please tell me again your surgery date..I want to be sure I remember that. Thanks . Hope you are feeling better with those cramps. Yay..no more of that for you..you're going to love it!

Julie - Hope you are having a good camping trip! You'll have to tell us all about it.

Joy - How are you? Here's a hug if you are happening to need one: (((((((((((((((((((((((JOY!))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))). That was a big bear hug in case you were wondering . Lots of good thoughts coming your way Joy .

Mud - How are you doing?? I hope really great!!

Tracy - How are you? I MISS YOU!! Come back!!!!

Alrighty, I need sleep. Notice I did not mention my food intake at all. Oh, girls, I have done badly for a whole week. I am going to kick start my efforts though. It's time! I've come too far to slide back into old, destructive habits. I promise you all that I am going to do better. I promise.

Talk to you all soon!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:46 AM   #192  
motomom

Default Tuesday AM

but it feels like Monday to me!!!

I've missed all of you. I feel like I've been gone for months~! A big day at work planned, so the day should zip right by! Where did the month of May go? Speaking of that...does anyone else want to start a new challenge? Feel free to jump right in and start one, otherwise we will just continue this one until I get time to start a new one!

I am joining Weight Watchers this week!!!!!! OK...confessional time! I have gained back 5-7 lbs (depending on the day) since my "170" days! I tried on my own to get it off but it's just not happening! This weekend, in addition to nursing my heel, my left hip/back started really bothering me. It was so bad at times, I had tears in my eyes. I'm pretty sure it's a pinched nerve, but I know it's a sign from "up above" that God is telling me to get my act together with my weight!!! Last night I could not get the pain to go away when I tried to go to sleep, so I got up and took 2 Alleve and rested my leg quietly as comfortably as possible! This morning it feels better, but I know that sitting is going to aggravate it today. I guess I will try to do most of my work standing today...which aggravates the heel! I just can't win!

And then there's the issue of getting in shape for the hiking trip! I have 2 months left! Oh my! I need lots of prayers here!

I will come back tonight to make some comments, but I do want to say Happy Birthday (a day late) to Elisha! I hope you enjoyed your day! You deserve it...you work so hard and try to make everyone else happy!

Hugs to all of you!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:15 AM   #193  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend! I know I did (even though there were WAY too many calories involved).

I don't know about you chicks, but I'm ready for a new challenge! This morning the scale says 211.0, but I know that's not right--I didn't gain 4+ pounds yesterday! I'm just retaining a bit of water from the alcohol this weekend--alcohol always makes me hold on to a few extra pounds for a day or two. I'm not stressing over it.

But I know that I have gained back more than I would have liked. I realized that right now I am at the same weight I was this time last year, and that is not a good thing. A whole year, and no difference. That's got to change. My first goal is to get below 200 before September 1. I can do that. I think I ate so much junk this weekend that my body is ready to get it out of my system. I know my brain is telling me to stop.

So let's all pull together and support each other through a new challenge. Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to set one up later today, or it might not be until tomorrow, depending on when I have time. I think I'm going to re-issue my miles/minutes challenge, and anyone who wants to join me is, of course, welcome. Set your own goals, but make it at least a little challenging. Julie--find that pedometer, and start using it! :P

I really need to get back into the swing of things here, and I'm really counting on you chicks to help. We can do it, so let's get going!

~Elisha
Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 PM   #194  

Good morning! OH MY! It's afternoon already! Well this weekend was the best for our family in a long time! It started out with a surprise from my dh that I'm still just so shocked about. He surprised me with a laptop computer so I can stay in touch while I'm recouperating in bed! You would of thought it was my birthday or something! IN fact, he was about to burst to give it to me. He had bought it for a real good deal at a CompUSA here (computer store) and kept making comments on how I deserve a reward for what I do and that I am so appreciated... I knew something was up! LOL
MsRD, he had to go back to the doctors for another shot because it came back with a vengence! Man, this has been a bugger to get rid of this time. Glad your foot is feeling better and yes, the surgery is set for June 7th. I go for pre-op on this Thursday.
Lisa, WTG on the camper! That is so awesome! I have had my eyes on some of those things as well. There are always such nice camp grounds along the way and you don't have to worry about hotel rooms when you travel. We were tempted to rent on a couple of summers ago when we were going to NJ for a surprise birthday party for Jim's nephew. But, it worked out we stayed at this guy's house that is a supplier for where Jim works which was very nice. It was right on the water. Anyway, thanks for the celebration with me for my LAST TOM! It's given me quite a few migraines as well but I seem to tolerate it knowing this will soon PASS!
Julie, Missed you! I just hope you guys keep me along if one of you start a new challenge which will result in a new thread. I of course will be the cheering committee but once I am recouperated look out! LOL Best to you on joining WW. I really like that plan and it always fits in my lifestyle. It just makes sense to me.
Miss Elisha, Sorry I missed your birthday but glad to read you must of had a good one! I have a pedometer and I even took it to Disney World with us. In Epcot alone we walked over 5 miles! I used it to walk with the other day when we walked up our street and it didn't register right so I'm wondering if I have it set right. I think Elena's been playing with it. LOL
This is the next to the last day of school and Elena gets out for the day in 6 minutes. Have a great day and Happy Belated Memorial Day as well!

Donna
Old 06-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #195  
motomom

Default New Thread

Morning all!
Elisha has been so kind to start a new challenge yesterday, so here's the link to it.
New Challenge
C'mon over!