Old 09-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #61  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Lacerta ~ Late night dinners definitely cause those slight gains. I know that all too well. You're doing super well!
Rie ~ This is the first parent involvement event I'm doing at this school. Just unsure of how involved they are, and would hate to see the kids cry if their parents don't show. Glad your car and belongings were safe! I'm a baby when I lack sleep too...

I really don't think I ate enough yesterday. I swear it feels like there are some days in which I under-eat (not intentionally!), and it negatively affects the scale. Haha! It's just on work days, my schedule is just too weird. 10:15 for lunch is way too early!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 227/218/133

Height: 5' 6"

Hello all,

My goal for September is at least one stone, ideally a bit more.
Yes it's ambitious, but I want a good kick start to get me motivated to 'keep on keeping on'.
Lots of nice clothes in my wardrobe I can no longer fit into, if I could get back into some of those by the end of the month, I'll be well chuffed.

Starting weight this month: 226.7 lb
Today's weight: 218.1 lb
Goal for end of September: 210 lb
Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, friends!

Pine, welcome to our thread!

Atarimae, I agree...10:15 is early for lunch. I had a year like that before...sometimes I just waited until planning to eat my lunch because it fell during actual lunch time. Do you eat breakfast? I would probably eat a big breakfast and then just skip lunch...kinda make up for the calories at breakfast and dinner. Maybe have a small healthy snack to hold you over until dinner time? Thanks for the recipe!

Gardenerjoy, looks like you are making some progress! Keep it up!

Lacerta, good job on getting to 175! Hopefully, you'll be seeing that again soon!

Yang, great job on avoiding the binge eating...it's hard some days.

sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

I couldn't help but binged again last night. Feeling guilty this morning Joe
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #65  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Pine!

Atarimae: 2.9 lbs
Candidcamster: 16 lbs
etherbunny: 7 lbs
gardenerjoy: 1 kg
Lacerta: 4.2 lbs
Pine: 8.1 lbs
Riestrella: 4 lbs
sgregg: 8.8 lbs
Shazzerinthesun: 8.4 lbs
VickieLou: 4.4 lbs
yangtzer: 7.6 lbs

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 09-11-2019 at 11:25 AM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 267.4/175.4/150

Height: 5'7"

yangtzer: It's a new day today. Don't feel guilty, just try to do better today. That's all any of us can do, is the best we can each day.

sgregg: Thanks, I hope so too

Pine: Welcome and good luck with getting a nice starting drop

Atarimae: Thanks. My long work days are when I struggle with schedule too.

gardenerjoy: Nice drop today

Riestrella: Mine seems to be settling down somewhat. I think it has been more than just the shakes and was kind of a perfect storm of everything. Glad you didn't have anything stolen, but that sounds like a rough night.

Week Two
08: 177.0
09: 175.8
10: 177.0
11: 176.6
12:
13:
14:
--------------------------
Total Loss for Week Two:

Back to right where I started the month today. Which is great. I didn't gain anything for my busy time of the month and now I can start the losing portion of the month without having lost ground. Hoping to see back into the 175s in the next couple of days.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #67  
(they're flowers)

{Current Weight: 151.9} {Loss: -0.9}
September goals ~
1. Weight: below 150!
2. Meal prep: weekly batch cooking for the week on Saturday and Sunday!
3. On plan: minimum 5 days a week {no maximum, but I won't beat myself up for not having a perfect week!}

Week 1 {9/4}: 152.8
Week 2 {9/11}: 151.9
Week 3 {9/18}:
Week 4 {9/25}:

Previous week's recap: I cooked way too much this weekend. Which means very successful on the meal prep! Makes up for the less than stellar first week, and hubby approved what was made...minus the fish, which is only seasoned with salt and pepper to my grandma's taste (we're her caretaker, so I cook for her too, most times). Also was on plan for 7 days in my previous week, which makes 9 days in a row today. As much as I'd like to say it feels super good, it's really just the same haha! I did have 3 cheetos and 3 animal crackers yesterday though, which was like more than 1/4 of my daily allotment for carbs. It was worth it; I managed to keep my dinner lower carb with the chicken divan.

~~~

Welcome, Pine!

sgregg ~ I'm still trying to figure out what works best for my body! I love that suggestion, but I'm that person who values sleep over making breakfast hahaha! I've found it easier so far to pack two smaller things for lunch. I eat one at 10:15, and the other either during our 12:45 recess or after school. Still not a consistent thing though.

yang ~ Don't sweat it! As long as you get back on the right track, you'll be fine! Totally been there!

Lacerta ~ Maintenance is always a win in my eyes! So close to the 175.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #68  

Good news from a follow-up visit to the doctor today. After taking a pill a day for a month, my blood pressure is under control. Joe
Old 09-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #69  

Thank you for the welcomes everyone, this is a really friendly forum!

Today down to 217.9

Woken with a pained head, neck and back. Hoping it'll improve with some painkillers and a couple cups of coffee. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #70  

Week Two
08: 177.0
09: 175.8
10: 177.0
11: 176.6
12: 175.8
13:
14:
--------------------------
Total Loss for Week Two:

Another look at the 175s today. Hopefully this time I can continue downward.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #71  

I am hungry all day. Maybe I need to up my food intake. Joe
Old 09-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #72  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

S/C/G: 315.8/254/199

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone, I wish I had posted sooner, my past 3 days have been rough:
Day 1 of 3 - was on track, snacking a bunch but tracking, then let "dinnertime" hunger overwhelm me and overate.
Day 2 of 3 - Started out good but we went to Big City Wings (this wing restaurant here) for b1g1 wings special, then just went off the rails the rest of the evening.
Day 3 of 3 (yesterday) - Started out fine, my partner and daughter were planning to go to the park but it was foiled, and instead we went to the mall and made some less than stellar food choices.

Now I weighed in today, 3 days brought on 5 lbs of regain, today's weigh in was 303.4 9 lowest since challenge started was 298.4 (which I believe I hit on the 9th). I'm back on track. The number 1 thing is I want a healthier lifestyle because naturally a smaller body will follow, but I will be healthier, so I'm not going to be as strict with myself, but I won't make a point to eat poorly either.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #73  

Yangtzer: Rather than just more food, you probably need more food that keeps you full. That would be protein, healthy fats, and fiber. If you eat more of those things, you'll stay fuller, longer. Also, way to go on your blood pressure.

Candidcamster: On the upside, I 100% guarantee you did NOT eat an extra 17,500 extra calories in the last 3 days over your maintenance. So most of that 5 pounds is going to be water weight and actual weight of food. Get back on track and you'll likely have a big drop as most of it falls right back off.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:12 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangtzer View Post
I am hungry all day. Maybe I need to up my food intake. Joe
I'm eating green smoothies (topped up with a bowl of salad veg or a handful of nuts) all day every day. It's very low in calories but I'm not hungry (it is boring tho). I guess its all the fibre and liquid filling me up. Why not add a green smoothie to your day, or switch one meal for a green smoothie (like breakfast). Just a thought.

Today's weight: 217.6 (15 st & 7.7 ib)

My BMI's come down 1.5 points so far this month. I'll be pleased when I'm under 35
Old 09-13-2019, 04:54 AM   #75  
(they're flowers)

yang ~ Definitely consider doing something that'd work long term for you! I'm not a "diet pusher" so to speak, but if we're talking about feeling satiated, I'm really enjoying keto. I suppose the main struggle is the carbs and sugar if that's something you enjoy, but I also found that 5 days on plan and 2 days off plan can still keep me in maintenance! Also, since it's the "new fad," it appears there are many people out there trying to educate others on the plan and even help out with recipes and companies that even have sweets catered toward the lifestyle! It's really been a slow and steady thing for me since April, but it's help shed everything I've lost so far! (And I do the lazy and dirty keto method, where I mainly focus on very low carbs without macro tracking, and I don't look for all of the clean/organic options...admittedly mainly due to cost.)

I convinced the hubby to go to Costco with me today, so I was very excited to stock up on some food. I actually think with our run, we may not have to make a grocery run (apart from fresh veggies) for the remainder of the month. Although I'm slowly but surely running out of my keto ice cream (that costs an arm and a leg at Whole Foods!!! x_x), so once the approved sweets run out, I suppose I'll trek there. Hopefully I can hold out for awhile longer. :P