Old 03-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #61  

Default Newcomer!

This is my first time posting on this forum, although I’ve been lurking for a while and have been encouraged by all the support. I thought this challenge would be perfect for me since my daughter is returning from a gap year at the end of June and I can’t wait to see her face when she sees my weight loss. When she left I was 265. Currently I am 218. My goal is to be at 199 by the time I see her and not be the mom who is out of breath on College move in day. I am hoping that some accountability will keep me in check over Easter tomorrow!

SW 275
CW 218
GW 199
GigiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi all,

Hubby and I leave for our one-week vacation tomorrow - I am not bringing my laptop, so I won't be posting here.

From Jan 1 - Mar 31, I lost 10.8 lbs, and 1.25" on my waist and 2" on my hips.

So, that means that I probably need to lose 10-12lbs more to meet my goals (I want my waist down another 1.5" and my hips down another 2-3").

I expect it will take me April - June....or a bit beyond....to get there.

That is why I am participating in this challenge!

My workouts won't be "regular" while I vacation, but we will be quite active. And I intend on skipping the starch and choosing veggies at my meals.

I am SO glad it is April!!
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:06 AM   #63  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Smile

Hi, everyone! I'm back. Thanks for the well wishes on my wisdom extraction, it went well, thankfully. I'm now able to eat normally somewhat but still carefully. I go back for a follow up on the 11th of April.

Welcome to the new people who just joined (kmiddl2, Farn, PandaCupcake, Gigimom)! If you want, you're more than welcome to enter your stats and goal on the spreadsheet - link can be found in my sig.

Congrats to momtopands, I.wanna.be.cute and KayG on your progress so far!

Stlrsgrl43/KayG- I got the same thing going on with my upper thighs and knees. I'll still wear shorts and dresses though. I can't let this bother me too much anymore.

Beeps, enjoy your vacation!

I am doing LCHF and was mostly on plan since Wednesday. Despite some off plan food like applesauce and mashed potatoes, I was still under calories so I /should/ have a loss coming up. The pain meds has me somewhat stopped up so I've been taking some magnesium citrate, stool softeners to get things moving again.

I hope you all had a good weekend! Here's to a good week for us all.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone, my weight was still the same yesterday, didn't have it in me to weigh this morning. I got up had some yogurt and a banana and and went to the basement to walk on the treadmill and do my workout and 18 minutes on the treadmill and it died, guess its the motor . I did complete my workout so I have that going for me, still have to figure out how to get my steps in for today. I overate yesterday but I am getting back on track today, not gonna dwell on it. Hope everyone else had a good Easter.
GiGi, Welcom and congrats on your loss thus far, WTG

Last edited by stlrsgrl43; 04-02-2018 at 12:15 PM.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #65  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

I’ve weighed the same for 5 mornings straight. I keep pondering taking a break from the scale but each morning I cave in and check.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:05 PM   #66  
I got this

stlrsgrl43 - ugh, that sucks about your treadmill! Maybe you could score one from FB marketplace, offerup, or a thrift store? Hang in there!

KayG - I'm considering getting a new scale too! This scale was from when I moved in. Kinda scared because what if the new one shows a higher weight? Meh.

PandaCupcake - I hate when that happens! I'm the same, I tell myself I won't weigh but I'm too damned nosy, LOL.

I am up from 161 to 162.2lbs today. I was really looking forward to breaking into the 150s. Oh well, it'll happen soon if I just be patient and stay the course. I hope everyone is having a good week so far despite some setbacks! We got this.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:44 AM   #67  

Welcome to the newies!!

PandaCupcake: I have the same problem, I know I shouldn't weigh myself so much, but I am getting so anxious because I see that my weigh hasn't move for days!

amandie: Sometimes that happens even if you do diet and exercise, I don't know why. I think I am in one of those weeks. On monday my weigh was 196.6, today my weigh is the same even tho I've been doing exercise, I have the feeling that next week my numbers will raise... But probably we'll loose those pounds as fast as we gained them.

Good luck to everyone today!!!

SW: 200
CW: 196,6
GW:178

I am dancing every day as a way of exercise because outside it's been raining the whole week, I can't go for a walk as always and I think that's the reason I am getting stuck lately.

Hope it will be a good week for the rest of you!!
I.wanna.be.cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #68  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

I have a gain this week. No surprise. Trying to get back in the groove now

SW: 164
CW: 166.3
GW: 150

Welcome to all the newcomers and hello to everyone else!!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #69  

Well on Easter I went off the diet for the day. I would have gained weight from all the desserts but on Monday I was sick as a dog from all the sugar (I have been on very low carb for months) and lost the weight I should have gained. I am hoping that I have learned my lesson with the sugar binge and can avoid it in the future (kind of like too much tequila in my 20s- took 10yrs to try again!)

PandaCupcake I too am guilty of weighing almost everyday and getting frustrated with no or tiny up fluctuations. I guess it is better than all of those years I avoided the scale though!

SW: 218 (this challenge)
CW: 217.0
GW: 199
Old 04-04-2018, 11:42 PM   #70  
I got this

I think I may stick with my scale after all! 160.4 this am and that's not including twosies, lol.

My body seems to be finally catching up now that I'm not taking any more painkillers and eating more real food.

I can't wait to see the 150s again! My lowest ever as an adult was 148 and that was for a hot minute in 2014 then I got into a new relationship with my ex and went back up to 200, back down to 170ish. Same thing happened with this current beau after we moved in together. I feel good about this time around especially now that I'm serious about quitting drinking (main reason for the weight gain most of the time plus alcohol munchies.)

Hope you all have a good evening!
Old 04-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Up a little this week, forgot to post yesterday so i'll do so now. Hopefully i'll start going down again!

SW: 267.2
CW: 264.6(-2.6)
GW: 240.5
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #72  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
SW: 136
CW: 131.8
GW: 123
Ok, that's the last weigh in for me for a couple of weeks. Setting off on holiday today. Very happy to have glimpsed the 50's this morning with a 59.9kg result (131.8lb). Now the challenge will be to see what happens to my weight from my holiday.... (and more importantly where my brain's at with regard to my food choices, when I get back).
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi!

Well, I am back from vacation and hubby and I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! I ate and drank to my heart's content. Louisiana has FABULOUS FOOD!

Okay, whatever hard-work I wrecked from Jan-Mar/18, I don't even care!

I cannot even get to the gym until Friday due to work commitments, but we did walk EVERYWHERE on holidays, so it's all gonna be okay.

I usually weigh on Saturdays, but I won't be weighing anymore in April. I will get back to calorie-restriction, make sure I am working out 5 days per week, and will whittle away what I can and then weigh-in, again, in May.

I am sooooooooo happy we went away. I just feel GREAT right now!
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:26 AM   #74  

Beeps: Glad your vacations went so well. You sure will take down those pounds.

As for me, I thought I was going to gain weight this week, but I managed to lose a pound. I have walked a lot all week, strict diet, I danced every day and did some exercises.

I hope to lose more for the next week.

SW: 200
CW: 195.3
GW: 178

Last edited by I.wanna.be.cute; 04-11-2018 at 03:26 AM.
I.wanna.be.cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #75  

Beeps2011. Glad you had an awesome vacation. I went to New Orleans recently and gained 5 pounds! You are right- the food is the best! Like you I enjoyed the food and then just set my mind to losing it when I got back and I did it and even managed to end my travel month a tiny bit lighter than I started the month!

Today is my weigh in. Hopefully I’ll be closer to the 210s than the 220s next time I check in!

SW. 218
217.0 (4/4)
CW 215.2 (4/11)