3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Winter Olympics 16 Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/315057-winter-olympics-16-day-challenge.html)

kfunk6113 02-11-2018 09:11 PM

Flower I am glad your persistence paid off with a huge whoosh!! I caught a couple of the woman’s dances but missed the rest. It is incredible what they can do while making it look effortless.

I had a small uptick this morning but I was on plan yesterday. The weekend was jam packed and I didn’t get a chance to work out. My youngest is sick so I am staying home with him tomorrow, so I will get a workout in while he naps.

SW: 170.8
CW: 171
GW: 167

kfunk6113 02-11-2018 09:14 PM

Fofo_bunny it’s nice to see a new face!! Good luck with your goal, I hope the water flushed away very soon for you!

flower1 02-13-2018 10:16 AM

I hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics. I watched the figure skating finals in the team event and some of the men's speed skating. It was excellent.

My weight went up a bit since my drop a few days ago but this seems to be my pattern.

Feb 9: 134.2
Feb 10: 134.4
Feb 11: 132.6
Feb 13: 133

kfunk6113 02-14-2018 08:47 AM

flower I always bounce back up a smidge after a big drop, it will be off in no time!!

I haven't had a chance to tune in the Olympics, but enjoy the updates!

fofo_bunny 02-14-2018 12:21 PM

Thanks kfunk! It's very hard to tell what's going to happen with my weight as my birthday is also over this weekend, and I do like to indulge for special occasions. Of course, it's a week before the end of the challenge, so as long as I finish strong I should be able to get rid of all of that birthday bloat, huh?

So what are all of your favorite things to watch for the Olympics? I really like watching pretty much everything. I haven't watched too terribly much so far, but did get to see pairs skating last night. Those athletes really are incredible! It's amazing how they look so graceful running around on a sheet of ice balancing on a thin blade, jumping and throwing each other in the air! Now, I can ice skate, but pretty much just in a straight line, haha!

I'm excited to watch some of the various cross-country ski races as well, as I used to compete cross-country skiing in high school. I was alright, but not phenomenal at it. And ski jumping I always find really fun to watch too! And downhill. And skeleton. And curling. And snowboarding! Yeah, I just think it's so fun watching all of these amazing athletes fulfill their dreams.

flower1 02-14-2018 12:48 PM

fofo bunny - I watched the pairs skating last night too. I was really impressed with how many of the couples did a clean program. I think the pairs do their long program tonight so I'm going to watch that. I also enjoy the speed skating, ski jumping, downhill, curling and snowboarding too.

kfunk - that definitely seems to be my pattern too - lose a bit and then jump up a bit ... I'm hoping things will start going downward again.

I hope everyone is having a great week:)

kfunk6113 02-15-2018 08:30 AM

fofo_bunny What are you planning on doing for your birthday!? If you are careful afterwards you could totally flush out the water weight by the end of the challenge, drink lots of water before and after!!

172 this morning. I have been good so I am excited for the drop that should be coming!

flower1 02-15-2018 12:40 PM

fofo bunny: I hope you have a great birthday this weekend:)

kfunk: I hope you have a nice drop. You're almost in a new decade - I'm excited for you!

curvy: how are you doing?

I'm going to watch the figure skating today.

Feb 15: 132.6

curvynotlumpy 02-15-2018 12:53 PM

:wave:

Good to see everyone and newcomers! I've been fine, flower1. Thank you for asking. Unfortunately, I lose track of challenges I join and forget to check in. :crazy: I was happy to have seen your name in one of the threads and I quickly remembered that it had been a few days since I dropped by. :lol: Weight is still at 209.

So, I've been telling everyone that in my next life I will be a biathlete. In my next life I'll also be super athletically gifted and participate in the summer Olympics as well; either in fencing or archery! Nothing that will hurt my head or take me off my feet. ;)

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

fofo_bunny 02-16-2018 09:45 AM

Hey everyone!

SW: 142.0
02/16: 141.4
GW: 140.0

As for my birthday, I don't have any huge plans. I'm currently at my folks' house for a long weekend, but need to drive back on Sunday (my birthday) to the place where I'm currently living for a few weeks for a short internship, which is ~4 hrs away, so a good chunk will be spent driving! I did buy some birthday cake HaloTop ice cream, though, so I can try to be a little "better" than usual. Have you guys tried HaloTop? I love it! It definitely doesn't taste exactly like real ice cream so I know people who don't like the taste, but I like it quite a bit and think it's the best tasting of the low-cal ice cream I've tried. I'm sure it doesn't fit into quite a few diet plans, but I'm essentially just counting calories (and trying to limit empty carbs because I know they make me crave more).

And hey curvy, why wait until your next life to be a biathlete? Cross-country skiing is a great exercise! Lots of cardio, strength, AND it's low impact! Good equipment is expensive, but you can definitely find some used stuff for not too much! And local ski shops (at least around here) are SUPER helpful. It's a very close-knit community, and you can certainly do it until old age! My grandma recently just stopped skiing, and she's in her 80's, but that's mostly a dementia thing, not an ability thing. Anyway, as you can tell, I'm a huge proponent of skiing. I think it's pretty much the perfect exercise!

curvynotlumpy 02-17-2018 01:17 PM

:wave: fofo bunny!

Thanks for the encouragement! :hug: I like your :kickbutt: attitude. Your grandma sounds like an exceptional lady! Years ago I had a friend who attended Cornell University in Upstate New York. She took up cross-country skiing because trails were readily available just minutes from her doorstep. She loved it and attests to it being the best overall exercise she ever did.

flower1 02-17-2018 09:01 PM

How's everyone doing?

Week 1 of our challenge is done and we only have 8 days left until the challenge is over. I hope all of us make our goals this week:) I'm going to try and push myself a little more with the exercise this week.

Does anyone else have anything they want to concentrate on this week?

I watched the men's figure skating last night - it was an excellent event.

flower1 02-18-2018 01:10 PM

Hi everyone. I met my Olympic challenge goal weight today. I am going to add a bonus goal of another 1.6 lbs. I'm going to add more exercise and also more water:)

Feb-09 SW: 134.2 (2 lbs)
GW: 132.2 - met
Bonus GW: 130.6
Final Challenge Weight:

Feb 15: 132.6
Feb 18: 131.4 GOAL

flower1 02-18-2018 01:20 PM

curvy: 5 lbs
kfunk: 3.2 lbs
fofo bunny: 2 lbs
flower: 2 lbs
flower: Bonus goal - 1.6 more

curvynotlumpy 02-19-2018 12:22 PM

:bravo: flower1 for meeting your first goal! Those are gold medal results! Best of luck on your new goal. I think it's completely doable. :hug: