Old 11-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Munchey, Morninglory - the very first week I got my truck, I backed into a post and put a significant dent in my bumper. Of course, it is a truck but it still smarted. I never did get it fixed because. It's a truck.

This week is challenging. I am eating according to plan and exercising and, even today, plan to be compliant but I have bounced up two days in a row and am now heavier than I was Sunday. GRRRRR.

Well, happy Thanksgiving everyone.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

HOPE YOU ENJOY/ARE ENJOYING YOUR DAY!

GrannyNancy:
I find with me, that the scale usually goes up and down before I can feel that I own a loss. I'm sure the scale will settle for you soon, with a downward number soon.

PS: Unfortunately, I'm the person who goes out of their way to avoid car damage. I see people with new vehicles who park up close (high potential for door dings and shopping cart mishaps), and cringe. Sometimes, I wish I could be one of them. I've seen so many people who push shopping cart into someone else's vehicle, or carelessly open doors into someone else's vehicle. Sometime, I think it can be liberating to drive a safe, but older vehicle with some character marks on it, LOL. Nothing stays new forever, even our bodies.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #78  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

To those of you who are celebrating it today....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #79  

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. For those who aren't in the U.S., hope you had a great Thursday.

Today is a new day. You have opportunities to counter any "splurge" you may have had. Hope you have a good weigh-in ahead. Don't hesitate to coast on your weigh in, if it works better for you. If that's the case, don't forget to carry forward your last recorded weight to the new weigh-in sheet.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #80  

Hi Everyone:
Hope we are all ready to put any splurges behind us and continue on with our goals.

It's been rather warn in California. It actually hit an all-time temperature high on Thanksgiving . I'm not sure how high it reached in my city, but at one point it did reach 96 degrees.

There aren't any lessons at the Horseback Riding Ctr., so my plan is to get in some walking at the park and/or go to the gym in the early evening. Although I generally like to get in gym visits over early in the day. This time of year, with shorter days, I try to get in activities that involve getting out in the sunshine before I lose the daylight.

I weighed in early at 208. That gives me a 2-pound loss for the challenge. Time to get more serious with exercise, portion control and resistance to Popchips. I need to maintain a 2 pound a week average loss to meet my goal for one-der-land. Actually, although I'd like to make the goal, I'll accept whatever loss I achieve.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and/or is having a good weekend!

Munchey
Old 11-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #81  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

So sorry to hear about everyone's car trouble!

I am way up this week, but so is my husband so he is on board to do better in the future. Need to get to Onederland and set my next major goal.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #82  

Hey Everyone:
I've kept a file of weight-loss hints, for over the years. I find it helpful to revisit these files, as I need a refresher course, LOL. I found the hint below, from "The Biggest Loser Show". Thought I'd share it.

Get rid of the Guilt. People trying to lose weight often have a lot of guilt. They’ll eat something like a piece of cake, and then feel guilty about it. They’ll drag that cake issue so it ruins their day, and then the next day. That’s a huge mistake! If you’re going to have the cake – really have the cake! Enjoy it, eat it with vigor and pleasure and just let it be.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #83  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey;
Hey Everyone:
I've kept a file of weight-loss hints, for over the years. I find it helpful to revisit these files, as I need a refresher course, LOL. I found the hint below, from "The Biggest Loser Show". Thought I'd share it.[/COLOR

Get rid of the Guilt. People trying to lose weight often have a lot of guilt. They’ll eat something like a piece of cake, and then feel guilty about it. They’ll drag that cake issue so it ruins their day, and then the next day. That’s a huge mistake! If you’re going to have the cake – really have the cake! Enjoy it, eat it with vigor and pleasure and just let it be. [/SIZE][/FONT]
I try to do this, and at the same time try to lessen my calories for the day at some other meal time or snack. I figure this is a better way for me to eat for a lifetime. TFS

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 11-26-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: edit
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #84  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, I was down to 222.8 yesterday, but it's that time of the month (TOM), so I bloated back up to 223.8 today for the weekly weigh-in...go figure, lol. So, it's only showing a 0.4 lb loss for the week. Oh well. Hoping next week will be a better drop after TOM is out of town!
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

I'm a little late, but I'd like to join. I added my name and weight to the spreadsheet.

On 11/5 I weighed 175.8
This week 11/26 I weigh 174.6

My goal is to lose at least two more pounds by the end of December. I would like to lose more than that, but since it's the holidays, I feel that 2lbs is realistic.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well, after a full week of ABSOLUTE compliance and additional exercise, I ultimately stayed the same. I am post menopausal so no TOTM to mess me up but I am retaining water this week. Perhaps from the exercise. I am hoping for a big whooosh. After the 6.6 lb loss the two weeks before I guess my body is taking a breather. Just going to "hold the course" ......... I understand until a month of stalling has passed, it is not a plateau. But it sure bites.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistra17 View Post
I'm a little late, but I'd like to join. I added my name and weight to the spreadsheet.

On 11/5 I weighed 175.8
This week 11/26 I weigh 174.6

My goal is to lose at least two more pounds by the end of December. I would like to lose more than that, but since it's the holidays, I feel that 2lbs is realistic.

Magistra17:
I'm glad you have joined us. Best wishes with your goal!
Old 11-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #88  

Grannynancy:
Your 6.6 lb loss for the prior two weeks is a fantastic accomplishment. The body will take a week off from weight loss occasionally.

Opheliaphoenix:
Any number of ounces lost is an accomplishment. New opportunities for a new week.

Tefrey:
Good to hear your husband is on board with you. That should make meal plans easier. It helps when your partner isn't pigging out while you try to lose weight.

Workinglikeadog:
Congrats on your 1.5 lb loss!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Hello,

I haven't been on the boards in a long time but I came back because I am challenging myself to getting back on track and losing some extra lbs by New Years and I need some extra motivation. I used to love the challenges on this site and wanted to join if it's not too late.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungirl28 View Post
Hello,

I haven't been on the boards in a long time but I came back because I am challenging myself to getting back on track and losing some extra lbs by New Years and I need some extra motivation. I used to love the challenges on this site and wanted to join if it's not too late.

Fungirl28:
Welcome to the challenge. I'm glad you are joining us. Best wishes with your goal for the challenge!