Old 04-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #91  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Wow..... Where did the last week just go?

So mum is healed and back at work, which means I have been able to get back on track after many birthdays, lots of cake, a few restaurant dinners, a world buffet and some more cake .

Sister's little one is the quietest little boy ever. But then again she has two others to make the noise. Was looking after my brothers little one at the weekend, she is the cutest, she was the youngest before the baby, to which she is memorised by, I think these two cousins will cause havoc in years to come .

Hit a new low this morning at 271.2 after doing gardening for my gran yesterday, hamstrings are soo tight today because of it. But it helped get a good loss over all that cake.

Weekend I need look into those workouts..... I have been doing some standing crunches, and side stretches and twists, but I need to step it up a gear and get some more going on. I found a good youtube workout from HasFit that is only 5 or 10 mins that is rough on the abs but I will have a look at yours Thanks
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #92  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Feeling really good today! My bloating has gone down significantly and I'm more regular. I am enjoying eating more raw foods. They definitely are making an impact already!
I can't seem to find how to PM (maybe because I am still new?), but if anyone wants to be FB buddies, please PM me and I will send you my email!
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #93  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

Ok so this is perfect, I am going on vacation in June and am stoked for the support and accountability to get to goal 20 lbs at the least!!!!!!

SW: 257.6
GW: 232.6

4/4 257.6
4/10
4/17
4/24
5/1
5/8
5/15
5/22
5/29

Last edited by jessiegreene; 04-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Laura!! 1.2 lbs is great!! How do you like Medifast?

Scotsgal Congrats on getting to a new low!! I love that you can still lose and not miss out on special occasions, great job!! I'm glad that your mom is recovered and back to work!

I'm glad that you are feeling good, Britt!! Being bloated is the worst! I will PM you when I get my FB, I ordered it this weekend and it should be here no later than the 10th.

Hi Jessie Good luck on getting to goal for your vacation!! What part of June are you leaving?

I hope that everyone is having a great day! I am off today and have a huge list of things to get done, it feels overwhelming!!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #95  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

I leave the 17th of June :-)
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Jessie! Congrats, Scotsgal and Laura (I'm also curious, how do you like Medifast? And yikes Britt, glad that bloating is going away. That's such a nasty feeling. I felt so bloated and huge for three straight weeks last months and it felt sooooo good when it started to come off at last!

My news of today--new low of 152.8. Very happy with that. It's kind of frustrating though since I've lost enough weight now that I can see the difference, but not quite enough that I fit into a bunch of my old clothes. And I still have enough belly flab that I feel fat, if that makes sense, but my hips and butt have toned down disproportionately. Anyways, I've got another 5-10 pounds until I really feel comfortable in my old jeans/shirts/bras. The bras especially--my current ones are too loose, but because I waited way too long to buy them as I was gaining weight, I skipped a size. So now I've only got 38Cs and 34Bs (hopefully not TMI!), and there's a looooot of difference between those two sizes. I think I may just have to go out and buy a cheap one every few months until I get to goal weight and see where I settle. Bah, I hate bra shopping with a passion.

Last edited by Princessroja; 04-05-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #97  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

kfunk, yay! So happy that you decided to buy one! So exciting! I'm sure you'll get through everything that is meant to be done today - don't stress yourself out too much!
Welcome, jessie!
Congrats on the new low, Princess! I am so jealous!!!! I also hate bra shopping. I am currently wearing an ill-fitting bra, because I refuse to shell out the $50-$100 for my own size when I know it will be changing soon.
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:42 AM   #98  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Hey all!

I like Medifast a lot. I know it isn't for everyone, but the simplicity of it is something I need. I've tried so many things in the past few years to no result.

I had lost over 100lbs about 7 years ago using a VCLD accompanied by shots from a medically supervised program but it was very expensive and when I stopped they did not teach me how to maintain since I didn't reach the goal they had set for me. Inevitably I gained it all back.

Medifast is good for me in that I only have to think about one meal for which I am responsible to prepare. I like the foods, I don't have an issue with soy so I don't feel like I'm eating differently from others. The taste is satisfying and even though the meals are tiny, they are very filling.

It is a program that works if you follow it 100%. The cost for me is offset by what I am NOT spending on groceries or eating out. I think it may be more prohibitive in cost for someone who has a family that still needs to be fed regular food.

The partner program they have is called Take Shape For Life and offers more foods than the core Medifast foods called Optavia. They also offer free coach support. If you're a person who likes the idea of a coach and are interested in more natural ingredient based foods then TSFL may be for you.

Happy to answer any specific questions out there.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #99  

Hi ladies I am feeling much better and it feels good to be in here and read all your news. Hope you are all having a good week and have a great new day!

I am feeling lethargic still but so much better! I have been sedentary the past several days and that bothers me but one more day of rest and than tomorrow I must go for a walk or do the tape and get things in motion again. I am very eager to get back to my usual activity.

I was out of stuff in the house and it was a real challenge with the cold and all. I had some things off plan such as bread and things not on my typical menus but I did good and made a strong effort to avoid caving into cravings or getting fast food. I wasn't up to cooking. Checked my weight and thank god maintained. Now, it's back to my usual schedule. I made it to the market yesterday and am working on getting everything back to order.

jessie

Scotsgal and Princess Congrats on the new lows! and to all of you on the losses and or sticking with it and working on a new day.

kfunk Thanks! It was a challenge this past week but I did ok foodwise although not much activity at all. I am so eager to get back to my usual schedule. I am currently working on getting back to it on all fronts. As for the weather, omg .......rain all week! It's in the 30's but this weekend and into next week it is warming up significantly! It will hit 80 even! Oh yes, I am breaking out the tropical oil and getting some sun. Oh I would love to go for a walk on the beach too! I hope you have a great day too, you will feel better after you tackle your things and boy don't I know it for myself too! lol I have a lot to catch up on here and today is a good day to do the chore and catch up around here and then get to the workouts and other things and hit the outdoors when good weather comes.

Princess It totally makes sense to me! That is how I felt, like once I lost the excess, I could see other things somehow more clearly. I so know what you mean but remember that that is a big step forward. Your starting to see your figure now! You are doing great, keep up the good work, things start getting more sculpted from there as we keep at it. WTG As for the bras, I need one too! lol Mine is riding up my back, I need a smaller size and have been meaning to order one. I like vanity fair and order it online although I know shopping for it in the store is best, I loathe it! lol keep up the great work.

Britt Hi : ) that sounds good, I will be jumping on the band wagon soon as I get situated. It sounds like your plan is going well for you, keep up the good work

Laura That is great that you have found a plan that works well for you. Thank you for sharing the info with us. It is always great to hear of new plans and learn from them. Congrats on the drop

Scotsgal I am glad your mom is okay now and has recovered. Congrats again girl on your new low! That is fantastic! You were able to do that through all the temptations and parties and life events and then right back to it, good for you! A lot of people do the u tube, that's great you found one you like. I was doing the side bents and twists too! Which as you know, I must get all back to now! Hope your having a great day hon

and that you all do! I can't believe we are almost done with our first week eitherof the month, 2 more days to go! Thanks for the inspiration and hope we all have a great new day! Congrats again to all on the losses, progress, and for sticking at it. Onward we go!

webwoman and to everyone else, a big hello! Looking forward to chatting soon. Today I will increase my activity and catch up on some things here. Talk soon
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Morning everyone. New again to the forum. Need help staying on track and I think this will help me. This last weekend I hit my all time high of 180lbs. I have been struggling to stay on track this week (lost it last nite with a bowl of ice cream) I hopped on scale this morning to check my weight (normally I check at nite before bed) it said 175, Ill check it again tonite. I like to weigh about the same time everytime. Before moving to NC I was 121lbs which was more then my goal was the last time I lost weight. I held at that weight for a while till moving to NC. People think Im nutts when I tell them the foods are different then in IA. My mini goal is to get down to 150lbs. Dont think I can do it by Memorial Day but will be happy with whatever it is at that time as long as I continue to stay on track.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #101  

Jessie, Its fun to have something exciting to look forward to, I hope that you have a great time!

princess, congrats on hitting a new low, very exciting I am yet another lady that is wearing a bra that is not the right size! You are so close to fitting comfortably into your old clothes, that's awesome!

Thanks Britt, everything turned out fine just like you said! I hope things are going well for you!

Thank you for all the info on Medifast, Laura, I'm glad that you like it and it is working so well for you!! You are doing a fantastic job!!

I am glad that you are feeling better, weekend!! That is awesome that you were able to maintain and resist the convenience of fast food while you weren't feeling up to cooking!! Your weekend forecast sounds amazing!! I would love to see the 80's!! I cant wait until I can grab the sun tan oil and sit out in the hot sun, it sounds so, so good, soak it up!!

Hi tymaboy, welcome What type of plan has worked the best for you in the past? Glad to have you here, I feel like visiting this site every day has helped me immensely!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #102  

Laura, that sounds really interesting! Weekend, I'm glad you're feeling better, and good for you for managing to stick more or less to plan. I had a similar cold this past week and didn't do quite so well, I'm afraid. Britt and kfunk, sorry to hear you guys are having bra issues too, but hey, the reason is good, right?? We will conquer bra shopping, yes! :shakes fist dramatically: :P And welcome, tymaboy! This is definitely a great place for staying on track; I love the support here.

Well, 152 even this morning. Yassss. My body seems to be on a very interesting rhythm for the last few months--for the first week or three, the scale plummets down without rhyme or reason. If I'm eating even close to decently and I'm working out even 20 or 30 minutes a day, it just plummets downward. Then the second two weeks of the month, my hormones go wacky and I just plateau. It's weird. I mean, it's not quite that neat and tidy but it's definitely a pattern.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

kfunk6113 I found that when I watch my carb and eat a lot of protein I do the best. I dont watch carbs like Atkins or those do but not as many carbs as most people eat. Most people dont like the amount of protein I eat, they think it is very unhealthy cuz I will use the grease from hamburger and bacon but the funny thing is when I eat the way that works for me all my blood levels are always in the good range unlike now.

SW 180
CW 178
GW 150
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #104  

Princess yay on getting down to 152!! I have a similar pattern with weight loss, the week of my TOM and the week that I ovulate I maintain and then I lose the other 2 weeks.

tymaboy I'm glad that you found the key to keeping your body healthy!! I have made a bunch of small changes the past 4 months, and I think that it helps me that I didn't do them all at once. Right now I am monitoring my calories and do not eat wheat or drink alcohol. I am not sure what my carb count would be, but I do know that the carbs I eat are from healthy foods.

SW: 219.4
GW: 199.4

4/8: 215

Hi ladies, I hope that everyone is having a good weekend so far!
Old 04-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #105  

Blargh. Discouraged this morning. Not so much because of the scale--152.4, expected since I had a more sugary dinner than normal last night--but because I'm so tired of almost fitting into my jeans and not quite. It's just a few more pounds, but I hate being this close and not getting there! I just want comfy jeans. I leave on vacation in a week and a half and I so desperately want to have them be comfortable by then.