3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/308760-welike-move-%7Emove-join-us-if-you-have-fitness-tracker-fitbit-garmin-etc.html)

Laura705 01-11-2017 10:48 AM

Hi rustyl. I'd like to be your fitbit buddy, but I can't. I lost my fitbit a while back - 6 months ago? - and so I've been using my pedometer ever since. I've been watching my face book garage sale groups looking to buy one inexpensively. Haven't found one yet.

(Last) Wed. 5,123
Thu 7,407
Fri 5,343
Sat. 2,968
Sun 1,405
Mon 2,833
Tues 7,684 (yest.)

Ugh. Between holidays, my foot issue, and crummy weather, steps are pretty awful. My foot's still not 100%, but it's better than it was. Fingers :crossed: the pain keeps fading..

Laura705 01-11-2017 09:34 PM

Hi rustyl. I'd like to be your fitbit buddy, but I can't. I lost my fitbit a while back - 6 months ago? - and so I've been using my pedometer ever since. I've been watching my face book garage sale groups looking to buy one inexpensively. Haven't found one yet.

(Last) Wed. 5,123
Thu 7,407
Fri 5,343
Sat. 2,968
Sun 1,405
Mon 2,833
Tues 7,684 (yest.)

Ugh. Between holidays, my foot issue, and crummy weather, steps are pretty awful. My foot's still not 100%, but it's better than it was. Fingers :crossed: the pain keeps fading so I can up my step count.

LurchMomma 01-13-2017 11:58 AM

Hello All!

Laura: How is your foot? I hope you are doing well. I have been sorta "bleh" lately, but am hoping to get plugged in and back at it! I am back up to the upper 170's, sigh, at one point I'd gotten down to the low 160's, but then developed either the "low carb flu" or maybe it was the Lyme disease I wasn't aware I had! LOL! I went to the doc because I was just exhausted, and he was looking back at labs from when I was hospitalized for a very slow, irregular heart rate, and he said, "Hmmm, you were positive for Lyme disease in 2014". Somehow, I never got the memo! LOL. That was probably 6 months or so ago. I haven't felt well in a very long time, but fake it til you make it, right?

Rusty: I would be happy to add you to my fitbit friend list. I have family, coworkers and a few 3fc folks on mine. I will message you my email address and you can invite me if you are still looking to add to your list!

Have a great day. Let's get to stepping!

Laura705 01-16-2017 01:50 PM

Hello LM. My foot isn't 100% yet, but it's much better than it was. The foot doc has me on a arthritis rx for 30 days to hopefully wipe out the rest of the pain. Is there a treatment for Lyme disease? I hope you can shake it loose this year! As I recall you do a lot of walking on your job - do you just need to try and cut back on it to assist in your recovery??

Steps:
Wednesday 8,178
Thursday 6,292
Friday 5,299
Saturday 1,017 ??
Sunday 3,019

4, 977 so far for today, so better than the weekend for sure.

Laura705 02-01-2017 04:20 PM

Steps:

Wednesday 5,244
Thursday 2,017
Friday 0 - didn't use pedometer
Saturday 0 - didn't use pedometer
Sunday 213
Monday 337
Tuesday 552

Sprained my foot last Thursday. Got x-rays in ER (no broken bones), received crutches & one of those boots with the rigid sole & been trying to stay off my feet ever since. I'd say I've been successful based on my step count. :lol:

LurchMomma 02-02-2017 09:42 AM

Oh no, Laura!

Is it the same foot you were having trouble with before?

I hope you mend quickly!

I have sort of the same troubles. I get to moving really well, then I get sick. Sometimes I think God is trying to switch up my focus. I have a tendency to become too focused on one thing and that causes everything else in life to get out of balance.

Hang in there!

April

Laura705 02-07-2017 03:21 PM

April, yes it's the same foot. Turns out it's a stress fracture, according to the orthopedic dr I saw last week. I thought it came about because of the plantar fasciitis (favoring the foot), but he said it could be unrelated - just overuse.

I agree, it's difficult to maintain a balance in life - there just aren't enough hours in the day! How do people fit in work, the necessities, and exercise, and then do all the meal planning, shopping, prep/cooking??!! Right now, I have to stay off of my feet, so no walking or Pilates class. I can do non-weight bearing exercise - the other day I did an ab workout. And it's an opportunity to really focus on my eating.

LurchMomma 02-16-2017 12:50 PM

Hello!

Laura...how is the foot?

My fitbit has been MIA and I thought I lost it, but it sent me a message that the battery is low, so I guess I should find it and recharge it. I need to get back to stepping! ;)

Have a great day!

Laura705 02-16-2017 02:23 PM

Hi April. Foot's feeling better. I'm still wearing the shoe thing. I have a follow-up appointment on 3/2, so I'll be wearing that thing until at least then. My foot still has some swelling, so I probably wouldn't wear my regular shoe yet even if I thought I was ready to. It needs more healing time.

I hope you find your fitbit! We're having a mild winter lately - it would be nice to get outdoors and walk.

LurchMomma 02-20-2017 08:35 PM

Hello Ladies!

Laura: I found it and charged it up. Went for one good loooong walk, but haven't been able to get back out the past few days. I think I need to start setting the alarm and crawling out of bed and getting it done 1st thing in the morning!

How are you? Foot all healed yet?

April

Laura705 02-21-2017 11:05 AM

Hi April. Glad you found the fitbit. I've always wanted to be a morning exerciser, but have never succeeded in making it stick. I will have to try it again. Good luck to you. You know it gets easier the more/longer you do it.

It's been about 3.5 weeks since the fracture happened and I'm told healing time is 4-6 weeks. My foot is feeling pretty good, but I'm still in the boot thing until I go back to the doctor next Thursday. I'm worried about what the boot is doing to other parts of my foot though... That said, I need to get back into an exercise routine - a lot I can do without using my foot. Done a couple ab workouts, but that's about it.

TTFN.

LurchMomma 03-01-2017 12:22 PM

Hello!

Laura: I hope your foot is healing well at this point. I had forgotten I'd planned to start setting the alarm to get up and out until I stumbled upon this last post. LOL. I have yet to do that!

I have decided to take a hiatus from the internet for Lent, so maybe I'll be able to use my time much more wisely. It seems I roll out of bed and then on to my phone and then on to my laptop and am consumed for 3 or 4 hours. It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how things change. This will be hard for me, because I think it is much like an addiction. I hope to be able to check back after Easter and to be more responsible. It's too easy to slide back into old patterns. This much I know. LOL. My fitbit is saying it's low, so I'm gong to charge it up and get moving. It's been raining and/or storming here for most of the week thus far.

Take care and don't overdo it until you are completely healed and the Doc gives you a green light!

April

Laura705 04-10-2017 05:48 PM

Hello to April and any lurkers.

I'm about 10 weeks post-injury, that being the stress fracture to my right foot. I've been done with the rigid-soled boot thingy for about 3 weeks. My last appointment with the orthopedic doctor was about a week ago. Foot is healing fine. It's not 100% yet, but more and more I find I'm not thinking about the foot or pain. Pain is minimal, but I find I'm tentative about how I move it so as not to put any strain on the area. I'm sure that will lessen.

I'm still not walking all the walking parts of my commute, but only half of it. This might be the week I resume walking between home and the train. Of course if the weather permits, it's about the time I start to ride my bike for this part of the commute. But it's been very rainy this spring, so I'm holding off for now.

I'm taking short walks at lunch time, but that's it for increasing my steps, and they're slower walks at that. I did start doing some strength workouts about 3 weeks ago. I wish I'd started back sooner - or at least as soon as I could get up and down the basement stairs safely. Oh well, at least I'm back to some type of formal exercise.

A couple weeks ago I bought a used fitbit flex to replace the one I lost last June. I'm still carrying around my pedometer for comparison purposes...dunno why. I know very well that fitbit "steps" aren't truly steps, lol. So I will stop carrying the pedometer around because I'm sick of how bulky it is in my pocket. For now I wear my flex on my wrist but will at some point configure a secure way to wear it on my ankle. If you recall, I lost my original flex when I tucked it in my sock and it weaseled it's way out.

April, hope your Internet fast is going well. I can understand your comment re: the addictive nature of it. I confess to spendind too much time on it myself. If I don't see you back here post-Easter, I will assume you have decided to be more selective in where you spend your Internet time.

That's it for now. :wave:

P.S. Steps so far for today are 4,835 (flex) and 4,049 (pedometer).

LurchMomma 05-02-2017 10:41 AM

Laura:

I hope you are well healed by now! I have misplaced my Fitbit One (I THINK the silent alarm caused it to vibrate from the shelf in my bathroom and into the toilet where it was inadvertently and unceremoniously flushed). I found my old "zip", but it needs a new clip, and now I have misplaced it as well. I want to buy a new "One", but they are around $100, so I am going to look in my Jeep for my Zip. It synched to my phone at 6:35 Saturday morning, which would have been while I was driving to work, so it must be in there somewhere. I downloaded the C25K app to my phone. It coaches you to run/walk in intervals with the ratio of running to walking increasing over time (I think a total of nine weeks) until you eventually run a 5k without stopping. It is broken down into three weekly sessions for the duration of the program. I did the first three, and was really excited about it, but then things came up, and I quit. I'm going to start over and try and complete it. I don't know if you are healed well enough to run, but thought you might be interested. I will private message you my email address in case you want to add my to your fitbit friends. I will either find my Zip, or replace it.

Hello to anyone else passing through!

April

Laura705 05-09-2017 05:06 PM

Hi April. Just now getting in here to post. I’m back at work after my long (too long??) vacation and it’s rough going.

I’m glad you found your fitbit! I almost lost my new (to me) Flex this morning on the train. Luckily someone nearby noticed it and that’s when I realized the wristband had come off my wrist. I think my cuff on my jacket was interfering with the wristband.

Unfortunately, my foot still isn’t 100% yet. I did pretty well on vacation and ended up with over 10,000 steps on a couple of the days. My foot felt alright going up and down the stairs, which was good because I’d been previously having some discomfort going down stairs. But I still tweak it or overuse it and feel pain sometimes, and I also feel pain in other parts of that foot. I guess it just needs more time.

So I won’t be trying for any 5K’s anytime soon. Have you re-started the training with the C25K app yet? Would you be trying for walking or running or some of both?? I have a friend who does a lot of charity walks with her sister and they seem to enjoy it. I’ve been a member of a Relay for Life team (an annual American Cancer Society charity event) and there’s walking involved with that (around a track), but I know I won’t be walking many laps this year.

If my foot doesn’t get better soon, I’ll need to consider different alternatives to walking and group fitness classes that have me on my feet. Alternatives would include cycling on our area’s bike paths in the nicer weather and I guess stationary cycling in the cold weather. The latter doesn’t thrill me, but if I can’t get my exercise the way I used to, I have to make changes!

Hellos to anyone else lurking around this thread! :wave:

LurchMomma 05-15-2017 01:21 PM

Hi Laura!

I'm in KS visiting my parents. I brought my Best Life Diet book but haven't read any of it. I haven't done my C25K. I forgot my fitbit. UGH. I'll get back at it when I get home. I hope you are doing well...

Hello to anyone else.....

Laura705 06-13-2017 05:24 PM

Aaargh, just typed a post and then got distracted before actually posting it. Now it’s lost. Hate that. :mad:

Anyway, hello April! Hope you enjoyed your visit to Kansas. Have you gotten back to the C25k training?

My foot still isn’t completely right, so I bought a pass for aqua fitness classes at my local park district. :swim: I’ve taken pool exercise classes in the past elsewhere and it was fine for my foot. I took my first class last week and it was alright – more movement across the pool than I would like – marching, “skiing”, jogging (I didn’t do the jogging). I’d also forgotten to wear my water shoes. Duh. But then I dug them out of a bin the day after class and they are so old and decrepit, I tossed them and ordered a new pair. The new ones haven’t arrived yet, so tonight I’ll have to go barefoot again. Different class, hoping it’s not too much moving across the pool.

I’m getting about 7,000 -7,500 steps a day during the workweek. Oh well, maybe the foot will eventually be back to normal and I can do more walking. :running:

Hellos to any lurkers out there! :wave:

LurchMomma 06-19-2017 12:06 PM

Hi Laura and anyone else out there!

My visit to KS was wonderful. I came back and went back to my old 2nd shift schedule. I had to stop the C25k as my right knee swelled up to the size of a grapefruit and became painful to walk upon and stiff and difficult to bend certain ways. Getting older is strange....I bought a bicycle helmet, because bike riding strengthens your quads, which in turn, stabilizes your knees. Now, if I can just get up early enough, before the weather becomes stifling, I just might make it out for a ride!

I'm back to using my old fitbit zip as I accidentally flushed my fitbit one! I want to get another fitbit one, but they are around $100, so I haven't replaced it yet...

I hope you are well and that your foot continues to heal!

Laura705 06-21-2017 04:50 PM

April, sorry you had to stop the C25k training. My knees have gotten weak and achy since I haven't been doing much exercise for a long time. Riding the bike is a good idea. I ride my bike a short distance between home and the train for part of my work commute. I'd like to do more leisure cycling on the bike paths too. I like the paths that are in wooded areas - the shade makes it cooler! Lately, I also find myself in the car running an errand close to home and realizing I could have ridden my bike instead... I'll have to keep that in mind.

Hellos to any lurkers! :wave:

rdjrneace 06-27-2017 05:58 PM

Fitbit user here:

6/27 - 10,526 steps, 65 active minutes

Laura705 07-09-2017 10:18 AM

Hi rd... Good steps.

I've only been getting about 6,000 steps a day. I've been riding my bike for part of my commute this summer. A stress fracture in my right foot 5 months ago is still a problem even though the bone is healing well. I guess these things take time...

Anyone else lurking?? :)

Firecracker777 07-09-2017 09:42 PM

I just got a Fitbit Alta hr and I am really liking it! I knew I didn't move around much during the week because of work but I was pretty shocked!

Today I hit 10,829 steps. Hoping I can start moving more during the week!

LurchMomma 07-09-2017 10:38 PM

Hello Laura, Debbie and Firecracker!

I have been having a hard time getting back into exercising except for what I get incidentally at work from being on my feet for hours. I've been following a low carb diet but am wondering if it's causing me to have exercise intolerance. I can barely pedal my bike half a mile without feeling breathless and weak. I used to have to have a fair amount of endurance. I went 22 miles in 100 degree weather 5 years ago. It about killed me, LOL, but I was ABLE to do it. Something similar happened last time I went low carb, I could barely climb the stairs at work. I thought it was the "low carb flu" at first, but then found out I had Lyme disease, so I was never sure. I'm going to add back in some of the healthier carbs...no junk...and see if it helps. I've got my fitbit charged and ready to go! Keep up the good work ladies! And Laura, I hope to be able to get a good bike ride in soon!

Laura705 07-19-2017 06:10 PM

Hi April - have you changed up the carbs in your diet? I hope you have figured out what is making you lack energy/stamina and with changes you can be back on your bike!

Hi Firecracker! How's it going with the new fitbit? I haven't been walking a lot due to a stress fracture in my right foot from back in January, so I'm not doing great with steps.

Hello to any lurkers. :wave:

Speaking of my foot - it's healing normally, but it's just the past few days where it feels like I might just be turning the corner in getting back to normal. "Normal" being walking without tweaks of pain. Almost at the 6-month point, it's about time. Fingers crossed :crossed: that this continues.

I went to aqua fit class last night. It's not my favorite form of exercise, but it is low impact - gentle on bones and joints - so it's good while I have this bum foot.

I'm thinking I might dig out my boyfriend's cycling trainer and get my bike set up on there. I feel like doing something else in place of walking. Outdoor cycling is so weather-dependent. We're going into a hot/humid stretch now and I probably won't feel like cycling outdoors.

Have a good rest of the week everyone! :running: