Old 12-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default w. o. w. Women on Weed Springing Ahead

Women on... WHAT??

"Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since, we love to add new friends too. We use the word "WEED" as a reminder to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

We would love to have you join this challenge! When you do, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-26-2015 at 03:19 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #2  

OK, this is where we ask you to jump in, introduce yourself, whatever you want to talk about, hopes, dreams, obstacles and such. Here's a bit about me!

I'm Mavis, I am 49. Married to my HS sweetheart for almost 30 years. We have two children, both boys (men actually) who are off chasing their dreams on opposite sides of the country. (We live in Northern NY, one is in Colorado and one is in Florida) We miss them terribly but are glad they are off using those degrees they worked so hard to get. I work two jobs, about 70 hours a week, so am trying to find ways to carve out me time (always, the never-ending saga) We also care for Hubs Dad. We have 2 dogs and an ancient bird. We both like to ride motorcycles when the weather is decent, but the last few years have been rough on that with taking care of our parents.

Enough about that. I picked Spring for this challenge, hope that's OK with all. I was thinking 12 weeks gives us time to build up some steam! Thought about "Smoking Hot Spring" but thought that might be a bit much with the "WEED"

My plan, low carb. Carbs are my trigger. Just can't control it. NO BOOZE!
My goal, the 140's for this challenge.

How will I get there...planning.
Plan for exercise, plan ahead for dinner. Make enough dinner to take leftover for lunch most days so I don't have to think about that either.

Christmas eating was out of control. Probably get rid of the first few just by cleaning up the eating, but I have some work to do before shorts season gets here!

I was doing quite a bit of running and completed my first half marathon this summer. I am continuing with that with a goal of a marathon next January. I have restarted C2 10K with a focus on getting faster. I do believe I am giving up my Y membership as I have plenty at home and I would like that $100 elsewhere in my budget. I may use half of it for a different place that offers the LesMills classes (Body Pump and such)

My water, not usually too bad. Keep at 100 oz a day for a goal

My D, I am my own worst critic, maybe try some self love for a bit.

Sorry for the typo in the title, WOW is not capitalized, ah well, it''s early and the day after Christmas and if that's the biggest mistake I make today I'll be pretty happy! Hope Santa was good to everyone!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

MAVIE THANK YOU!!!! I love that we are pushing through to the first day of spring! It is going to be great!

Kris here - scale moved the wrong way last challenge but that is all about to change. You will all be inspiration to me, LIKE IT OR NOT!

About me: Mom (to 26YO son), wife, stepmom (to 3 teens), Public Works Director, 44, over stressed, over worked and underwhelmed with my life. It's a life balance problem that I can control, but don't. Focus for January is Healthy Habits that will get me there. I will win this year.

Health: 223.6lbs starting this challenge. I am pre-diabetic, pre-disposed to female cancers, and have no relationship with exercise to speak of. My dogs are even fat. Again, all things controllable and I will win this year.

I have this nagging desire to be a runner. I wanna know the high. Clear my head. Feel good. Push myself. I have signed up for my very first 5k in March. I WILL BE AT THE 2017 TINK 1/2 MARATHON WITH MAVIE. MARK MY WORDS.

I would also love to hike the local mountains and beautiful local nature parks here in SoCal. that I oversee, but never visit.

I am taking the first 3 months of 2016 to focus on creating new habits that will support my spirit, my mind, my body, and my balance. Baby steps. My WEED for the next 30 days will be some combo of the following:

W - 80oz (starting) to 120oz a day
E - 30days of yoga, walks (w/wo dogs), Ihave a goal of 20 miles a month
E - Prep it, Log it on MFP, stay around 1600 cals for 1st month
D - Don't over analyze it. Put your shoes on. Get to stepping.

Ultimately for this challenge I am looking for a 20 lb loss. That's just shy of 2lbs a week. Totally doable. Looking forward to celebrating with everyone. Let's get it started!

Last edited by Nixmom; 12-26-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #4  

Kris, you can absolutely lose 20# by spring. I have faith in you!

Tink, here we come! I'm actually looking at costumes for my son this AM. He's going to run the Disney 1/2 in a couple weeks. There are some really cute Tink costumes too! 2017 works perfect for me because I had to push my full to January 2017, so I can still get the coast to coast medal! Looking for some goal races for 2016, I am debating the Vermont City Marathon because A> It's less than 2 hours from home B> It runs along the shores of Lake Champlain C> I love Burlington also it's $99 til January 17 and it would force me to train hard until Memorial Day (can you say skinnier for summer) I am thinking of looking for one race a month for the year. Most of them 5 and 10k but definitely repeating the half I did this year and considering another Disney half as my YS is living 10 minutes from there.

Mindy, Hope all is well and you are enjoying the break!

Jeni and Carma, come back!!

Short1, hope you found the new page!

My day today...
W 100
E Going to do the 7 minute challenge, also some running (treadmill likely)
E POP low carb, no booze, track everything on MFP
D Getting the rest of the Christmas mess cleaned up and considering a trip to Bestbuy for the Garmin Vivosmart HR I wanted but did not get from Santa!
Old 12-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi all! What a great thread

I'm Tamms and 50 years young. I have two grown children (boy and girl) that live in the big city 50 miles away, so I'm lucky there. They both live with their loves, but no grandchildren or marriages yet. I'm on marriage 2 with my English man that I met in London on a post divorce holiday....we've been hitched for 8.5 years.

We moved from the burbs to the country five years ago when we bought an 1849 federal farmhouse on three acres, complete with newer barn, decommissioned doubles outhouse and outbuildings. I grow most of my own veggies and fruit (apples, peaches, pears) and almonds (when we have a mold winter). We buy our pork and beef yearly in bulk from two of our farmer friends.

What got me refocused on a healthier lifestyle was our recent trip to France and the pics of me.....yuck! I decided the week we got back (mid June) to do something about it. The more I lose and healthier I feel, the more I want to do....it's been a very positive experience. This summer, it's back to England and we'll be going into London for a few days for a bunch of things I want to do including clothes shopping!!! That is keeping me going to drop two more sizes by June. Sounds superficial I know, but I deserve it!

I'll come back for my weed posting. Nice meeting everyone so far.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone! Its been a long time and my hips know it.

I'm Jeni, married and have two amazing children, Tommy (10) Mak (12). I normally work 12 hour shifts, but I have been on light duty, 8 hour shifts since September.

My weight has been up (at my highest now at 200+) and as low as 134 over the past 12 years. I am most comfortable at the 145-150 range. That is my long term goal. How to get there?

W~Drink lots of it. I normally do anyway. Make sure that everyday I get 64-100 oz

E~Here is the struggle. I'm not allowed much walking. I hurt my ankle in September. I have a torn tendon on the outside of my ankle, and tendonitis on the inside. I do physical therapy twice a week, and coach 2 youth basketball teams once a week. I get up and move around, but nothing high intensity and I'm only allowed to be on my feet up to 3 hours per day. I am hoping to be able to do more by the first week in January, we will see what the Dr says Wednesday.

E~This is where I MUST do the most work. Since I can't workout I really need to control my eating better. I know what works for me, calorie counting. I'm going to start with that. I'm not sure really what my goal for calorie intake will be yet, but I will work that out over the next week.

D~Accept who I am and what I can do. I know it is a long road, so I am going to take every pound lost as a victory.

Last edited by jcatron243; 12-27-2015 at 01:17 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #7  

Welcome Tamms! Look forward to hearing more about you! I don't think dropping sizes sounds superficial at all. I have an awful race picture I use to motivate me.

Jeni, Welcome back, we've missed you! Sorry about being grounded. Hoping for good news for you Wednesday! I think I am going to join the water aerobics at the gym to help my knees get a break!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone!

As of this morning I am at 210 pounds. Overall my goal is 60 pounds, but my goal for this challenge is 12 pounds.

W~80 oz

E~Physical Therapy and Basketball practice.

E~ I am going to start today with my usual workday meals: Oatmeal, Avacodo wrap, and banana with a handful of pecans. Dinner will be prime rib salad.

D~Start today, work hard, feel better.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #9  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hi, my name is Mindy. I am 55 and been married to my high school boyfriend for almost 5 years now. Yep we took about a 25 year break, but finally got it right. We have four children and two grandchildren between us. We are in the process of buying "our home". It has been quite a journey. Hoping all goes well leaving my daughter here at Our house and she will be able to make it all work.

We started packing after Christmas. Haven't even signed papers yet, but we are packing. What a mess we are making. Hope I don't have to live it for too long.

So after starting Weight Watchers about 1.5 years ago, I had ovaries removed, went on some hormones for about 6 months and am now off them. My body is adjusting to it's all natural state. WW has changed their point system taking into account sugar is bad protein is good.... I lost 2 pounds the week of Christmas. I was elated. I just hope I keep up the momentum.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #10  

Today....

W - 2000 mL
E - at least 10 flights of stairs, walking the antique mall (it's cold and raining here)
E - homemade toast w/Irish butter & homemade apple butter, fresh pineapple, 1/2 steak sandwich (no cheese), beef stroganoff w/mushroom noodles
D - start reading one of my several unfinished books

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 12-28-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #11  

Hey ladies! Hope all is awesome!

Tamms, I'd love to walk the antiques mall, sorry about the rain. We are getting snow and then tomorrow it's supposed to change to ice. I'm hoping it stays snow.

Mindy, yay for 2 down!! That is great, hope the new system works for you!!

Jeni, so glad you came back again. Hope PT is awesome. Enjoy practice. The kids grow so fast, I'm glad you are getting extra time with yours!

Kris, hope you are getting some me time!
W 100 did good with this
E my 7 minute workout is yet to be done, crunches
E not too bad, but not great
D Just enjoying every sec of having YS home!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieQueen View Post
Today....

W - 2000 mL
E - at least 10 flights of stairs, walking the antique mall (it's cold and raining here)
E - homemade toast w/Irish butter & homemade apple butter, fresh pineapple, 1/2 steak sandwich (no cheese), beef stroganoff w/mushroom noodles
D - start reading one of my several unfinished books
Everything accomplished except the D.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Ahh, the frustration of coaching. 3 out of 6 girls showed up to practice tonight. One girl practiced with us but she isn't on our team. Two of the girls argued with me about rules of the game....AND they are the ones who need the most positive attention in their lives. UGGG. Three games left. I'm sad to say that I am done with 5-6 grade girl coaching after this season. Mak isn't on the team this year anyway, but they were desperate for coaches.

The boys did well, 7 of 8 showed up and they all listened and learned. Well most of them did.

WEED has been great today. Time to sleep.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:00 AM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Evening weedies!

Tamms - Welcome! You have found a great group and you will find that we are always here. For years we have been together here.

Jenn - So glad to hear you are ALIVE! So sorry to hear that your foot is a slow going fix. You are an animal and those pounds that crept back will be gone before you know it. Stay strong. Stay positive. Awesome job on the WEED today!

Mindy - Congrats on the loss! I actually thought about rejoining WW. Hope you have some wet ink happening soon. You are so going to love this next chapter. A box at a time lady. Take it a box at a time!

Mavie - Enjoy your time with your man cub - What are you thinking for his outfit? I'm excited for tink and was going to start looking for something to wear for that! We are in!

My day - 2 hours at work. 3 hours at a funeral then lunch. Called in the rest of the day and spent it hanging with my bestie, who is in town for the funeral. Nice long, pleasant day.

Ready for bed. Hope you all are enjoying the last days of 2015 before KICKING ARSE in 2016!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #15  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

MM- We got the crappy weather yesterday and into the evening. It is like little ice balls or maybe think of a slushy. Not good. I stayed holed up in the house all day. Need to get to the gym today. The scale told me so.

Nix- The paper could be wet sometime this week if all goes well. We are really close. Have a lot of boxes packed but so many more to do. We will still need to clean and paint the new house before we can move in.

Jen- SOrry about the ole foot. It stinks to be injured and laid up. Hope you are back at it soon.

Today.....tackle the pile of school work I brought home.....gym (with or without hubby)...groceries.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote