Old 01-13-2016, 06:21 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Survived my first day back to work, now trying to dig myself out. One day at a time. I'm going to do it without bringing work home on the weekend after this month.

Pq, I've got a 10k steps goal too. I only got to 7500 yesterday. Love having the Fitbit thing to push me. How many cats do you have? We've got 2 dogs and an ancient bird.

Mindy, congrats on the closing!! So exciting. What did you decide for paint? Did the potential roommate for DD work out? Congrats on no gain!

Jeni, sounds like things are going well! Any progress on that ankle? You are right, you are not a number on a scale! You are a fabulous woman! You do so much for everyone around you. You are amazing.

Kris, what's new with you? Kids weekend or no? How's the walking going? I have to tell you, after watching the Disney, I can't wait for the Tink! My son apparently agreed, he's already signed up for the Star Wars half in April! Lol, think I may go back to watch again.

As for me, snowy, cold (15 ish with wind chills to about 0) blah! Getting worse with gusts of 45 mph. However, the snow allows me to take the pups snowshoeing this weekend, so I know what my exercise will be! Loving the Fit Bit, Mindy, I think I friended you? Still trying to figure it out. Haven't found the rest of you ladies.

W 100
E 7 minute workout, 10k steps and kettlebells
E pop
D please let me win powerball
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #47  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Feeling pretty good about the way I have been eating lately. Drinking a ton of water too!

My ankle? good and bad days. I have taken to wearing an ankle support brace to stop me from turning it too fast. I'm still on light duty at work. I'm doing work for a ton of managers, and clearing the busy work off of their desks. Yesterday's work was pretty important for the Corporate Quality Department. I am thinking I would like this to turn into a permanent position. I have had the "would you be interested in a position...." but those positions are hypothetical at this point.

Kids have been so sick this year. I have missed a ton of work. This round is tonsilitis.

MM~enjoy that snow shoeing! and I think we should both win that powerball!

W 80 oz
E not a lot.
E Eating fruit, veggies, whole grains.
D stay at work the whole day :/
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi all! My two dogs (giant old choc lab and 5-lb Yorkie mix) and two cats (yellow tabby and grey/black tabby) had "mom" a little longer these past two days.....I got a 2-hour delay to work (school). Yesterday, it was snow during drive time and should have been called off....lots of accidents. Today was due to wind chill of -12 to -14! It is supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

W - 2 L
E - just getting the wood in
E - 500 cal deficit
D - get grading done and win the Powerball, of course
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #49  

No powerball winner! Darn. Oh well. Happy Friday anyway. Hope everyone is well. I'm doing decently at keeping on track.

W 100
E running tonight
E op
D shampoo carpets b4 snowshoe tomorrow
Old 01-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #50  

Mavis I have a purseful of unchecked PB tickets. I'm hoping for at least a $20 winner between them all. Going to check them this weekend when I get up to the grocery.

W - 2000 mL, esp tomorrow night....having salty Mexican food
E - packing wood into the house
E - even cal, hey it's Friday
D - declutter a few things in guest room and bathroom closets
Old 01-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #51  

Yum PQ, love mexican food. One of my favorites. Need to declutter a few things too. Ugh.

Jeni, sorry the kids are sick. Sucks. Glad work has got you interested. Perhaps another position in your future?

Mindy, Hope the house is going well? Looks pretty!

Kris, miss you!
Carma, hope you venture back.

My snowshoeing is likely postponed. Today was supposed to snow, but has warmed up and is rain/freezing rain. I'll be staying in til that is over. Can't shampoo either if the pups are staying in. Hopefully, it will stop soon. Down 3 pounds this week. I'll take it! FB mileage not so great, have been feeling a bit crappy. Need to get back on track and get to the Y in the AM's. Planning to pack my bag for Monday so there are no excuses. Think I am going to hoe out my closets this weekend too.

W 100
E run for 30 minutes, kettlebells, 7 minute app. 10k steps
E POP.. Aiming for full week, no cheats and track every bite. Pinterest for a few new recipes too
D “Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” ~English Proverb
Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #52  

Well, I ended up with a 600+ cal deficit yesterday and over my water goal, but I didn't declutter anything. Oh well, I have a 3-day weekend to do a few things.

Today's...
W - 2000 ml
E - indoor chores and wood bringing in
E - even cal, not doing Mexican after all but a different "new to us" place
D - call brother, long story but he's one week in rehab hospital after 7 weeks in reg hospital
Old 01-18-2016, 06:19 AM   #53  

Mindy, pics look great!!

Pq, how was dinner? Hope your brother is doing well.

Jeni, I thought your Seahawks were coming all the way back. Great 2nd half effort!

Kris, where are you?

W 100
E got to 10k yesterday, do it again
E op
D hate these days when everyone else is off and I have to work.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #54  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So this painting, cleaning and getting ready to move has thrown a huge wrench in my life. Can't remember last time I was at the gym. I am sick (GGRR). Just want to get settled, but that will be a while yet. I loved all the colors for the house except the master. Couldn't get something I liked. So my husband went and bought a gray. It is super light, but what we are going to live with for now.

So much to do today. Returns, new purchases, more painting and cleaning. Maybe tomorrow we can move some stuff over.

Breakfast is ready...what a sweet man to make me foood.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #55  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Talking

I pray you all are accepting new people to your group.
A little about me:
Christian
Married
RN: I work nights 7p-7a, usually 2-3 nights/week
2 spoiled labs: River(6), Kanu(5)
Activities I enjoy: Traveling, All things outdoors, running, lifting, crafting (I paint a little), turning trash into treasure
Devices: Garmin, Fitbit Zip, Polar FT40
Sites I'm on: MFP, my friends list is <15

CW:170ish
GW:20-25lbs less
Plan: Decrease bad cals, increase exercise, new career (2 interviews down)

W: I started a water bomb challenge last Monday (I don't usually start anything on Mondays) 1 gal/day
E: OP *this is a BIG deal, since I have not had a plan since Dec 2013, trying to eat <2000 cals/day
E: working and walking tonight, Fitbit goal 10K steps (I prob will not make it)
D: blogging and being accountable here

You can read about my life pre-Dec 2013, when I started traveling and got off plan @ http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/829827

You can read about my current struggle by looking at my very short blog in the sig below.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #56  

K9, we are thrilled to have new friends!!! Welcome!! I'll read a bit and see if I can find you on mfp too.

Mindy, pics of the new place!!! Sounds like it's going great!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-18-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #57  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
K9, we are thrilled to have new friends!!! Welcome!! I'll read a bit and see if I can find you on mfp too.
You prob will not find me. I have since been forced to create a new acct. if you want to add me, just let me know.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #58  
~Krystal~

W: Nailed it--1 gal--no prob
E: Didn't even come close to nailing it. Like 3K steps--pretty pathetic. Actually, I walked more, but my SpookyBit was in a different jacket I can never keep up with that little guy.
E: Oh, just everything in sight! Luckily, I made soup and chicken salads for 5 days and could just grab and eat b/c I seriously didn't feel like cooking. I may post pics of these on my blog later this week IF I can dl my photos to my mac. It may give some of you some inspiration to meal prep/plan.
D: I was nominated for the Daisy Award! This is kind of a big deal in nursing, but I don't get too hung up on awards.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:09 AM   #59  

K9, congrats on the Daisy nomination. We nominated one of our nurses when FIL was last there. Good job on the gallon too!

W 100
E running tonight, 10k. I hit 10k Monday but yesterday I had a hair appt so didn't get home til late. Will get it again today
E op
D breathe
Old 01-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #60  

Hi all! More school delays.... Yesterday for wind chills, today for icy snow (hoping for the whole day off). Bro is physically ok and doing better, but depressed which is understandable and common in his situation. I'll be going down to Florida on my spring break to visit and get him out of the house

I need to get more motivated but the cold is just a bummer! My calories are always even or a deficit...I just need to watch those low quality carbs.

W - 2000 ml
E - over 7000 steps
E - 500 cal deficit
D - put too-big clothes away for my mom ...currently folded up on bed in guest room. She's already taken most of the shorts but there's loads more stuff.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 01-20-2016 at 07:22 AM.