3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   ~*New Year, New You Challenge 2016*~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/307531-%7E%2Anew-year-new-you-challenge-2016%2A%7E.html)

wantochange 01-17-2016 10:23 AM

Same weight as last week - dang!

We walked a lot this week (average of 2 hours a day 3 1/2 of the dog walking) but walking was to events so there was way too much eating and dare I say wine (yikes). Next Fri we are off as a group to El Rio for music and I think I will skip the ribs and eat something better for me and less wine.

My goal this week is consuming less liquid calories.

It sounds like there are others in the group that are having the same struggles as I am with week. Others are doing well. Thank you for blogging your journey and sharing your lives. I find it nice to see that I'm not alone in the struggle.

Calorie Count is a good website for food and activity tracking.

Good luck everyone

momof2boys 01-17-2016 10:44 AM

Hi Munchey,

Would you please update the spreadsheet for me again. Thanks so much!
Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Love your vision board!

Riestrella 01-17-2016 11:45 AM

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday!

I completely spaced on weighing in this morning, but regardless my average weight this week was 165 lbs so that's what my official weight will be. Instead of using my lightest weight of the week, I think I'm going to shift towards using my average weight of the week (my weigh-in app calculates it for me). The reason is I think it might be hurting my morale when I weigh in light one day and heavy another and I feel I have to beat my lightest weight despite it being just another fluctuation.

I'm going to see Star Wars for the second time today. I'm excited! I'm not gonna eat any popcorn, since the cinema popcorn is just so bad for you. I worked in a cinema and they deliver the popcorn already made in giant bags, you just fill it into the machines to make it look like it's freshly made. The machine simply keeps it warm. The expiry date on those bags were like a year too, anything that doesn't go off in a year can't be good on your insides! Plus, in America you guys put all that butter on - what's with that?! Haha, it's so unusual! In the UK you just get sweet or salted popcorn and that's that!

Don't get me wrong, it all tastes fine, but I need to approach unhealthy food with a slight air of disgust around it to really put me off eating it!! If I think "this is what ___ is going to do to my body" then it helps me put things into perspective a bit.

--------------------------------------

ladyinweighting - Have fun in Florida!

Fire Lollipop - Well done on facing the scale, I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be! Low self esteem is a b!tch, but let me tell you, no one cares that you're working out. Especially in the gym. In fact they'll probably look at you and think "good for you for taking control!" We ALL started out somewhere, you might look at someone and see they're super in shape but they could have been overweight at some point too! I started running at 200 lbs, I sucked so badly at it and I was doing it outside on a quiet trail. I saw a runner coming towards me who was very much in shape and she said to me "You're doing really well!" as she passed me. When I entered a 10K and I was in the 170's I came second to last in the race, when I was approaching the finish line clearly in agony everyone had already finished and had gotten their medals. The people who saw me stopped and applauded me and cheered for me to the finish line - it was one of the proudest moments in my life despite my placement in the race! I felt so much love and support from complete strangers who didn't want to see me give up. Yes, there are going to be some people who look at you funny, but who cares? Most of the people are supportive, whenever I see someone overweight working out I wanna stop and cheer for them too! What's important is that you're making the change for your life and your health.

wanttochange - Ah yes, liquid calories! They really get ya! Good luck with your goal :)

Sundove 01-17-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 5230983)
.... no one cares that you're working out. Especially in the gym. In fact they'll probably look at you and think "good for you for taking control!" We ALL started out somewhere, you might look at someone and see they're super in shape but they could have been overweight at some point too! I started running at 200 lbs, I sucked so badly at it and I was doing it outside on a quiet trail. I saw a runner coming towards me who was very much in shape and she said to me "You're doing really well!" as she passed me. When I entered a 10K and I was in the 170's I came second to last in the race, when I was approaching the finish line clearly in agony everyone had already finished and had gotten their medals. The people who saw me stopped and applauded me and cheered for me to the finish line - it was one of the proudest moments in my life despite my placement in the race! I felt so much love and support from complete strangers who didn't want to see me give up. Yes, there are going to be some people who look at you funny, but who cares? Most of the people are supportive, whenever I see someone overweight working out I wanna stop and cheer for them too! What's important is that you're making the change for your life and your health.

This is just a great post. :bravo: Like Like Like!

munchey 01-17-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof2boys (Post 5230967)
Hi Munchey,

Would you please update the spreadsheet for me again. Thanks so much!
Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Love your vision board!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...mic-fi_138.gif
Momof2boys:
I entered your stats. Congrats on the 2 pounds lost so far. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring more good news.

Thanks for the like on my vision board. I guess the latest trend is to call them Action Boards. It has helped me stay on track.

Naughty

Munchey

flower1 01-17-2016 03:27 PM

Riestrella - what weigh-in app are you using?

curvynotlumpy 01-17-2016 07:46 PM

Happy Sunday all! Apologies if this is a double post, but I'm having a devil of a time accessing the spreadsheet via my phone. Munchey, if it's not too much trouble, will you please record my weight, 206.6 pounds, for the week. Looks like a like I shed my TOM water weight from earlier in the week. Who am I to complain. Seeing some nice drops on this thread. Well done!

munchey 01-17-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy (Post 5231082)
Happy Sunday all! Apologies if this is a double post, but I'm having a devil of a time accessing the spreadsheet via my phone. Munchey, if it's not too much trouble, will you please record my weight, 206.6 pounds, for the week. Looks like a like I shed my TOM water weight from earlier in the week. Who am I to complain. Seeing some nice drops on this thread. Well done!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ell_done_5.gif
CurvyNotLumpy:
I made the entry for you. Congrats on your loss!

Munchey

Vehuel 01-18-2016 02:18 AM

Hi Munchey.

Would you update the spreadsheet for me please? 3.5 lb this week, so 6.5 lb in total.
I thought it might be, at most, 2lb because I usually lose slow. But I think the FitBit is helping. :)
Nice start to a Monday although I am going to change weigh-in day to Sunday. It's just easier. :)
Thanks again!

MinervaMoo 01-18-2016 04:28 AM

Fire Lollipop: Great job! I'm so glad you decided to face the scale and join the challenge. Good luck and can't wait to hear how you do over the next couple of weeks! :bravo:

munchey 01-18-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vehuel (Post 5231137)
Hi Munchey.

Would you update the spreadsheet for me please? 3.5 lb this week, so 6.5 lb in total.
I thought it might be, at most, 2lb because I usually lose slow. But I think the FitBit is helping. :)
Nice start to a Monday although I am going to change weigh-in day to Sunday. It's just easier. :)
Thanks again!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ood_work_5.gif

VEHUEL:
Good Job! I entered your new stats. Keep up the good work!

Munchey

munchey 01-18-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 5230942)

I had a great week, lost 2.4 pounds. This might not sound like much but I only had 10.4 pounds to lose and it takes much will power to lose anything at my weight.
We're 40 below zero this morning with wind chills added, many churches are closed. We're having a Sunday dinner at my daughters at noon, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, having hubby warm up the jeep before I step outside.
You all have a great Sunday.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...TS/aced_it.gif

Way to go! Congrats on your loss! I can't imagine 40 below zero. That puts a challenge into exercise.

Munchey

wolfchan 01-18-2016 11:16 AM

I had a mishap yesterday at a diner that kept my party waiting for food for well over 2 hours...my careful plan to have some eggs and bacon and fruit went out the window in favor of a corned beef hash platter which I finished completely. Plus a donut. Plus someone else's Chinese chicken and fried rice...

Soooo I'm at 165 this morning, more than a pound up from yesterday. Whoops!

munchey 01-18-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfchan (Post 5231256)
I had a mishap yesterday at a diner that kept my party waiting for food for well over 2 hours...my careful plan to have some eggs and bacon and fruit went out the window in favor of a corned beef hash platter which I finished completely. Plus a donut. Plus someone else's Chinese chicken and fried rice...

Soooo I'm at 165 this morning, more than a pound up from yesterday. Whoops!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...T/Burger_1.gif
Wolfchan:
I posted your weight on the spreadsheet. Don't beat yourself up. You have a new week with new opportunities.

I try to keep some raw almonds and walnuts in a little baggie in my purse. In case I miss a meal or a meal is delayed, I can grab a few and it will put my hunger in check.

Munchey

Vehuel 01-18-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchey (Post 5231227)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ood_work_5.gif

VEHUEL:
Good Job! I entered your new stats. Keep up the good work!

Munchey

Thanks for all your help Munchey. Much appreciated. :hug: