Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi everyone! A good OP day for me. Well pretty good - I didn't do all the little good things I try to do, but I stuck to the big ones (calories, no sugar or high carb foods, and took a walk over lunch). Will try to stay focused on staying OP tomorrow which will be tough for me given the visitors.

Hooptie: I've been there so many times. Now I try to get back OP as quickly as possible, because I find that the longer And more I am off, the harder and longer it is to get back. Right now I am really struggling not to get too far off track though. Even when I've been good for awhile, it is still so easy for me to do one slip-up and then have it turn into a huge transgression.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #47  

OP for the day! Wahoo!

Have a great Friday!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #48  
Florence

S/C/G: 155/152/132

Height: 5'6''

completely off track since i joined feeling a bit helpless, and like maybe... i don't really believe i can accomplish my goals
loser59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Scale said 208.4 today. Down .2 from yesterday. It is very encouraging. It seems reasonable to hope that I will hit the ten pounds gone mark (only .4 lb to go!) next week at some point. On plan yesterday, and on plan today with eating today and plan to get some gardening done which will be a good way to burn some calories and enjoy the spring weather. I am so happy to have found a plan which seems reasonable and where I'm not hungry!

Florencia - take a deep breath. I understand what it is like to feel helpless and then start questioning yourself. Just take the next right step and one day - or one moment - at a time. Hugs!

Katie - WTG on OP day! you are in the groove.

Bonnie - good luck staying focused on your goals with your visitors. I hope you enjoy your time with them.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies,

Hoopty - try not to punish yourself for what you ate yesterday by cutting back too much. Just start the next meal/day off to a fresh start and let go of the past. You can't change what happened but you start each meal with a clean slate and you can make better choices. And that's really how you get back on track one meal at a time.

Florencia - don't give up your goals. Maybe reevaluate or make smaller, more mangeable ones. I've had to stop myself and revise my goals a lot along the way because sometimes I just wasn't ready to make such a big step. And reaching those mini-goals gives you the confidence to set larger ones later.

Yesterday was good for me, but not totally OP. I got my run in in the morning and ate well all day. But my bachelorette party weekend started yesterday so I went out for cocktails with the girls and I had a few drinks. I actually stayed under 60g carbs b/c I drink pretty strong cocktails but they did have a bit a bit of sweet vermouth (=sugar), so I can't count it as OP.

But I know with my girlfriends in town this weekend, some whom I haven't seen in years, I will have to make some small exceptions. And if its just on the cocktails and I can have all my meals OP and get my workout in, I'm OK with that.

Last edited by Lotus7; 04-12-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #51  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

BonnieL - That's exactly how I feel. It's really hard for me to go back to eating healthy especially if it's been a while...the first day always sucks, but once I survive it, it gets better.

Florencia - I think Lotus7 said it perfectly: Set smaller goals that are easier to achieve and work yourself up from there. We've all been there (heck, I was there just 2 days ago!), and stay strong! Think about what you wanna look like in a few months from now - it helps me to focus.

Lotus7 - My first initial thought after a bad day like that is to cut back on calories which is wrong. But once the new day starts I just try to eat my normal meals and just stay OP. Enjoy yourself as much as you can this weekend especially if it's with your friends. Good idea with the meals and the workout even though I'd probably switch it around and have the food and not the cocktails but only because I don't drink höhö.

OP yesterday! I ran 4.3 miles and did a full body workout, yay! It's raining here again...I wish I could do some gardening too :/

Oh by the way, I got a question for you guys:

So I weighed myself in the afternoon directly before and after I worked out, just because I was curious how much of a difference it would be. Before, the scale said 146.X lbs (I didn't even see the last digit, that's how shocked I was lol...) and about 2 hours later, right after I got done, it said 143.8 lbs! A difference of about 3 lbs in 2 hours, does that make sense? I ate 2 hours before I worked out, drank my usual amount of water and I have my period, but heck 3 lbs, really? Or do you think there is something wrong with the scale? Just thought that was kinda weird...

Got up late today, but I'm starting my day with a cup of tea, oatmeal with vanilla soymilk and a banana.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 251/230/150

Height: 5'5

Hey Ladies!

I know I am late to the part (so sorry!) but I figured I shouldn't wait till the start of next month and just jump in!

1.) because I am starting in the middle of the month, I don't want to set a weight-loss goal and be discouraged if I don't make it!
2.) I want to do some sort of exercise everyday.
3.) Count my calories so I can see what I am eating, even on bad days! This one is especially hard for me because I am a full-time student, and part-time worker, so time is limited! This causes me to be tempted to eat out, etc.
4.) Stop drinking Soda!
5.) Visit this thread daily. (Heck, i need all the help I can get!)

Thanks for all the encouraging words and helpful tips that I have found on here! It's great to find a community like this
mellowmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #53  

Did very good today!!! Considering the guests and all. Had to estimate calories b/c went out to eat, but exercised in the early morning and ate healthy and about the right calories, even though it was hard with so much stuff going on.

Hoopty: I never understand weight fluctuations. But am glad to hear yours was a down one! Those up ones can be so depressing. I tend to weigh self every day, which I know is not good, but I do. And sometimes I am up a pound for no reason and sometimes I go down quickly, or just stay about the same after a bunch of OP days with exercise. And during period time, it gets even more unpredictable. I try to focus on my wieght at the beginning of each month, and always want it to be at least a little less than at the beginning of the prior month.

Mellowmelon:Welcome!

Katie & Cecilia: Congrats on another OP day!

Florencia: Hang in there!! When I am totally off & find it very hard to get started, I pick the one thing I think is most important to do, and start with that. Then after a few days add in the next most important thing, etc. It is very slow going, but usually does work to get me back on track. I guess everyone has their own way of starting, but don't give up!

Lotus: Sounds like we are in similar situations, I'm very happy to have had a good day, even if I didn't do every little thing, given everything going on, I'd be happy with a maintenance day.

Last edited by BonnieL; 04-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #54  

Good Evening Everyone!

When I first started back on the weight-loss band wagon I really was completely lost with what to eat--I didn't like to cook, probably because (ok definitely because) my MIL was completely overbearing in the kitchen--she told me I was boiling water incorrectly one time--I kid you not. Seriously, how do you boil water wrong? ANYWAY! My first few days of my diet did suck because I didn't know what to eat so I looked up some recipes online and I started with three of my favorite foods--chicken, artichokes, and tomato's. And I found a four or five recipes that I really like and I can cook them well and they are healthy. (and not too many other ingredients) Long story short--use the foods you like and find recipes to make your 'diet' food taste scrumptious, then it doesn't have to be torture.

OP for the day. It has been a MAJORLY great week for weight-loss for me. I weighed in at 183.6 this morning, that's four pounds in five days. I have no idea how it happened but I'll take it. I have been working my butt off on wii fit plus, every day this week I burned off between 350-467 calories. Sweet! Ok, it's midnight and I guess I should sleep--although all that exercise has my blood moving!

Have super Saturday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #55  
Breathing.

Welcome Mellowmelon!

OP for the day even though I was a little high on calories but nothing too bad. I did a couple of exercises at home and walked around a lot since I had to run a gazillion errands. The weather hasn't been that great which puts me in a weird calm mood but overall I am excited for Tuesday - weigh-day!

BonnieL - Those fluctuations are really annoying. I don't have my own scale right now so I weigh myself every Tuesday night after I'm done working out. It's crazy how much a full belly, bladder or your period can affect the numbers. That's also why I write down my measurements and see how my clothes fit me.

Wish everybody a great Saturday!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody! Happy Saturday! I am happy to report I had a bit of a whoosh again and the scale read 207 today! I am down eleven pounds in eight weeks. And I can see a difference in the mirror and now that I am getting out my summer clothes am happy with how they are fitting. I am feeling very encouraged and positive. Hoping I can hit onederland in June if not in May! Thanks everyone for the support and the accountability. We can do this!

We have beautiful weather here in Virginia - it's great for being outside (planning to get a run in this afternoon) but I think I have hay fever as I've had stuffy nose and hoarse voice this week. Nothing I have taken for it really seems to help. Oh, well - the pollen can't last forever.

Welcome Mellowmelon - glad you are here!

Hoopty - Scale fluctuations are nutty, aren't they? I've heard it said if you weigh yourself right before you work out and then right after, whatever the difference is is the amount of water you've lost and need to replenish to not get dehydrated. Something to keep in mind?

Kaitie- IMHO, no wrong way to boil water. Congrats on the great week - your efforts are paying off. You will be out of the 180s soon!

Lotus -sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend. Enjoy the time with your girlfriends!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #57  
Florence

S/C/G: 155/152/132

Height: 5'6''

thanx for the support guys...

maybe you are right, i need to make smaller goals... so here they are:

1- FOOD: my biggest issue at the moment. i am "all over the place".
i have a few problems: starving at work and a skinny boyfriend.
during the week, keep the day organized: have a good breakfast, bring fruits to work - at least 3 pieces, and eat them!!! - not to starve. lunch: salad and cottage cheese (it's what we are given at work). have a snack for after lunch: almonds/dried apricots at around 4pm. Eat something small when i come back from work (6 pm) - yogurt for example. dinner with boyfriend: small portion.

2- EXERCISE: start running again, 3 times a week. start yoga/pilates. right after work!!!!

3- GOAL WEIGHT: 147 lbs. but no scale for a while (broke) so my goal is food and exercise related.
loser59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

mellowmelon - welcome to the group. I think you've set some good, realistic goals and we'll definitely help keep you motivated.

Hoopty - sounds like you're back on track. On the scale, its hard to know what causes the weight fluctuation but its definitely possible to lose a few pounds after a workout. If you weighed yourself every hour on the hour, you would probably get a different weight each time b/c there are so many factors that affect it. It may not be 100% accurate, but as long as its going in the downward direction, I'd say you're good

Kaitie - I totally agree with you on your approach to food. My diet right now is not super varied - eggs for breakfast everyday - but I like it and its easy and that is what keeps me on track.

Cecilia - fantastic job on the loss. I'm definitely motivated by trying to get back into my cute spring/summer clothes.

Florencia - I think you have some specific and manageable goals. Its good you've planned out how you are going to eat for the day and I think it will take away a lot of stress. As for the goal weight, if you don't have a scale, you may want to just check your measurements every once in a while. Its good to have a good objective statistic to see if you are on track.

Yesterday was pretty OP for me until post-drinks/club. You know that 4 a.m. carb refill you have after a wild night. Well, it happened but I was pretty controlled. My friend had a baggie of these mini-reeses pieces things and I ate like 4 and couldn't eat anymore because they were too sweet. And then we went to grab a slice of pizza. I had one slice of a regular size pizza and was done. So I would never eat these types of carbs on my plan but these are things I would probably have binged on before and now they hold no sway over me which is a really great feeling. Then woke up this morning, well afternoon and had steak and eggs and am back on plan.

So now off for a run and then another last wild night with the girls!
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #59  
Breathing.

Good afternoon, Ladies!

SuperCecilia - That's actually a goint point with the water loss and it really makes sense. I never thought about that but it would definitely explain the fluctuations. Also, I'm really happy for you! It's a great feeling when all your clothes start to fit nicely, especially now that it's getting warmer outside. Give us some of your positive energy!

florencia - I don't know how big your portions are but unless you have a huge breakfast it doesn't sound like you are eating enough/getting the nutrients you need. Maybe that's why you felt like you were off track? Just something to think about...

Lotus7 - As long as the number keeps going down...I don't mind I can't believe you only had one slice of pizza and a few Reese's, respect, seriously! It takes a lot of discipline and will to stop eating those things once you've taken a couple of bites, especially after a night out. Oh - and have fun tonight!

I wasn't 100% OP today since I had a lot of wheat: 2 Hamburger buns (we made our own veggieburgers) and 1 plain bagel that my husband brought home for me (of course I can't say no to that ). I usually stay away from any sort of bread, bagel, roll or wrap and if I do eat it, it has to be 100% whole-grain so today's lunch was kind of a no-no for me. However, my total amount of calories won't be too high by tonight. I had my usual breakfast (oatmeal, vanilla soymilk, banana = ~350 cal) and I'm only having a spinach-tofu salad and a pear tonight.

As far as working out is concerned - the gym closed at 7pm so I'm gonna do some bodyweight stuff and exercises with my dumbbells at home.

Gotta digest and then I need to get a sweat going. Have a nice Saturday night everyone!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #60  

Not totally on plan, but not too far off. Feeling very sad b/c family visitors are aging and really slowing down. Am trying not to eat anymore tonight, and then day will have been ok as far as health plan goes.