Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

bloated, water weight - yech.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Gettinfit- Thats awesome about your sister! And encouragment for when the gain weeks when your on plan do come!

Marniadec- You can do this! Even if you do indugle a bit just make it be a bit and get right back on track right away. And it sounds like your facing it hea don with a plan. Good luck.

Konfyoozed- I'm excited for you! A whole month you have let yourself adjust to your new lifestyle plan and sounds like your excited for the next month.

Well I was supposed to get back on plan yesterday and I did not. And today I ate some things that were not on plan at all. But I went ot the gyma nd had an incredible workout strength training. My muscles feel tired and I am ready to make tomorrow MUCH better. I said it before but my goal is 7 days straight on plan. So with tomorrow being day 1 I have just seven days before the end of the month, and it would be VERY nice to have a full week of OP when I start off into the month of May.

I started almost a month ago now, and I was making such good progress. I still havent stepped on the scale but I really feel that I am back where I started on April 2nd. Very dissappointing, but I wont let this discourage me. I will be successfull at weightloss and I will do it this spring and summer (get a good start anyways, will likely take longer than that). Anyways I went shopping today (havent had grocies in the house since my camping trip), and I am stocked with good foods and ready to tackle my OP week.

Thanks for listening, and sorry this was so long.

A side note. I am so scared of stepping on the scale! I would hate to see that every pound I lost is back, but I feel like I just KNOW that is the case. WHat do you ladies think is better, facing the beast and getting on that scale in the morning, or waitin gtill my OP week is over so I dont have to face reality.

Even though I feel pretty certain I gained everything back, I know if I step on the scale and see that three weeks of work went down the drain in two weeks I'll be pretty devastated, but seeing how easy it is to undo all my hard work my be a benefit to remind myself not to go off plan like that on vacations in the future. Thoughts?
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #183  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

wannaBfitnessbuff - I feel where you're coming from. That's been te story of my weight loss journey since the first of the year. Hopefully, by the time you weigh again, you'll be back down to where you were. Sounds like you have the right attitude to succeed. I hope we both stay on track and finish the month strong.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #184  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning all,

I can't believe it's April 24th already! I must end the month strong. I had a great OP day yesterday and so far so good today. I hope everyone else is doing good.

Today's Journal

B: Breakstone 100 Cal Cottage Cheese & fruit (3), coffee
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer (8), YoCrunch 100 Cal yogurt(3), WW mini bar(2)
D: Fast Food (11pts available)
S: Almonds (3), orange, apple
Exercise: 20 min walk at work (Hair salon appt after work today)
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #185  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

wannaB, there's still enough time in the month for you to meet your goal. When I first started, I tried so hard for a month and then undid it all in 15 days. There's no way for me to stay OP for ever. I finally accepted that I can't do it because I don't *want* to. I'm a lot better at controlling my cheat days. I rarely go completely off track now and if I do I make up for it the next few days. We're supposed to be giving ourselves a great gift by getting rid of this extra weight. We don't need to turn the process into a way to torture and punish ourselves.

In other news, I have about 2 lbs to lose the water weight, so tomorrow I'll go back home and gain some more, lol. So, change of plan. I'm adding a new goal for the month: I'm going to read all I can about water retention caused by the Hashimoto's (I think that's the culprit). I'm also going to read everything I can about diuretic foods, herbs and whatnot. Then I'm going to buy them all. Water-weight is going to suck it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #186  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

woke up today feeling like poop. got a bad headache during my workout last night and couldn't do my last round of sets... got home and went to bed and slept for over 12 hours. ate a can of spaghettios. ready to go back to bed.

don't know what it is. so much congestion and coughing. probably just a cold. sigh. glad today is a rest day. it better be gone by tomorrow night!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #187  
Stay Focused & Committed

Mandy - I hope you feel better.

Marniadec - I hope you get rid of the water soon. Have you tried a cup of hot lemon water in the morning? That always work for me.

I had another good day. I age good and I did a sort walk at work. I hope everyone else had a good day.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #188  
Maria

Mandy, get well soon!

GettinFit, I've gotten rid of the water, like, two or three times so far. It just keeps coming back! It's almost gone again, but I'm about to go back home and I'm afraid I'll gain once more. Normally, I don't mind gaining water, but now it's been getting a bit ridiculous. So, I'm trying to make sure that I will help it go the **** away asap. I didn't even know about hot water. I'll try it tomorrow, thank you!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #189  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Its starting to warm back up here, but its going to rain the rest of the week. I've been spending time in the backyard; weeding, straightening and planting. I finally got my beans planted! Today, I went with two Bible study ladies to set up for tomorrows luncheon, then Thursday we have another luncheon. Then its over for the summer! but we already have the start dates for next year.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #190  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning ladies

I am still stuffed with snot, but it seems to be less... either that or I've adapted to it. I'm moderately certain this is the sinus infection that has been trying to take over my face since the trees turned into whores a couple months ago. I'm hoping lots of vitamin C and other immune boosters will help my body fight it off, because I really don't want to go to the doctor and pay tons of money for them to tell me what I already know, just so I can get a little scribble on a piece of paper for an antibiotic.

While laying in bed feeling sorry for my snot-stuffed self, I have been reading "The New Rules of Lifting for Women"... and I LOVE IT. It pretty much backs up what I've decided to do with my plan. Tells us, as women, to toss out the 'eat less, exercise more' mentality because it tells your metabolism to slow down (eat less) and speed up (exercise more) at the same time, which is why plateaus are so common. Makes me feel better about my decision.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #191  
Stay Focused & Committed

Marniadec - Hopefully the water weight stayed away. Be sure to squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon in your hot water.

Penguin - It's been a bit chilly down here too this week but I love it!! It's good sleeping weather and I don't want to get up in the morning It's supposed to heat back up to the 80s though.

Mandy - Sorry you still aren't feeling much better. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hang in there.

I'm having a good day so far. This is day 3 of being 100% OP. Gotta keep it going if this is going to be the year I reach my goal. Only 8 months left Time is going by too fast!

Today's Journal

B: Greek yogurt (3pts), 7 wheat crackers (3pts), coffee w/ C skim milk
L: Healthy Choice (5pts) YoCrunch yogurt (3pts) WW snack bar (2pts)
S: orange, almonds (3)
D: Frozen dinner
Exercise: Walk

Last edited by GettinFit; 04-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #192  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

STOMACH FLU - I'm trying to battle back - it's been a rough 3 days!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #193  

Hubby had to fly to Atlanta today for work, hopefully he will get back tonight. We had the first luncheon today which was nice. One of our ladies had a knee replaced late March, I didn't know about it ahead of time, but I started knitting her a prayer shawl off and on {should have been more on!}; I heard someone say she's coming to our luncheon tomorrow so I'm trying to finish the shawl so I can give it to her.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #194  
Maria

I thought I had eaten too much today because I had a chocolate milkshake for dinner and then I looked it up and 8 oz is around 200 calories? Is that true? It seems wrong...
Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #195  

Hubby made it back! He has a history of getting stuck away from home, so whenever he leaves its a big joke that he'll make it back that week!

Today is our last day of Bible study but its the Luncheon day. Mom and I were asked to come early to help set up so I didn't even get to sleep late! I did finish the shawl!

Its warmed back up here but its still supposed to rain the rest of the week. The plants will be happy anyway.