Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #346  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Sarge - I am sorry we burned you out :-( I hope you stick around for a bit so we can chat without putting you through all the work. THANK YOU for all your work and time and guidance!

@Peanutt & Jeanettey - Thanks for taking the lead! I agree this week was a brutal eye bleed. Not only the gains but also the excuses. We have to get back on track and if only to honour Sarge's work!
I hope Anon shows up again. If she needs/wants an assistant I am volunteering. I can also help you guys if you need an extra hand. I am here to stay! And to work my butt off!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #347  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Good morning troops! Sarge just returned to base and while he's jumping for joy for a few of you...YAY POKEY on entering ONE-derland!, his eyes started bleeding so bad over so many of the gains posted that he can't even see well enough to tally the numbers!

Frankly, I've been battling this feeling for several weeks now...Sarge simply has nothing left in the tank to keep this motivational thread moving. I feel sad about it because so many of you are doing such a fabulous job toward reaching your goals and there are some real competitors out there that I'd hate to take away their fun but I'd just rather hit the gym myself right now than take the time to crunch the numbers and take time away from my family on Sundays keeping up with the thread. Not an excuse, but I'm out the next three weekends as well following volleyball tournaments and championships and I find myself sitting in the stands thinking I've got to face thread updating chores when I get home.

Sooooooo, who wants to walk in Sarge's footsteps?!?!?!? Anyone out there want to make sure they reach their own goal by kicking the collective butts of others?!?!?!!? PLEASE?!?!?!

Don't feel sad Jean, you helped a lot of people, it's incredibly hard to stay so focused, what people should take away from this thread is the work ethic, it should be obvious that one can only count on ones self, anybody who has ever succeded did so because they would'nt quit on themselves, it's nice to find like minded individuals and form friendships based on like goals but at the end of the day it's all on the individual to make it happen.

I like stats as much as the next guy but it's an awful lot of work for one person, perhaps everyone whom would like to remain in a collective can still further the work ethic you instilled just by contributing stats and personal triumphs they are proud of accomplishing on a daily or weekly basis, a little more relaxed but with the same individual effort expected and given.

Thanks again Sarge, i for one truly appreciated all you do, hope you aren't planning to vanish or anything, look at me i burned out but still keep a small candle going, need to stay accountable to maintaining and a better lifestyle.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #348  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - I love your "no excuses concept" and I hope we can figure out how to keep it going as I personally have lost almost 70 lbs this summer on your thread. The support and accountability here is exactly what I needed to get there, but I have a long way to go yet. I know how hard it can be so from the bottom of my heart,

Thank you!

Peanut - I too hope we can keep the no excuses and weekly pledges format. Thank you for updating the pledge board.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #349  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Thank you all! After Sarge gagged up a feather or two on his second serving of crow he felt so much better having the Sunday number crunching burden lifted off his shoulders. I'm certain you youngins' with all your techie skills will be able to make magic happen with that spreadsheet.

We've talked about this before...anyone who hangs around this thread for more than two or three weeks definitely has an inner-Sarge, one who doesn't make an excuse and puts in the work necessary to reach their goal!

Sarge also promises not to vanish entirely...like Pokey has said in the past...HE'S ALWAYS WATCHING!

Now, it's Biggest Loser night...WORK YOUR BUTT-ers OVERTIME TO MAKE UP FOR LAST WEEKS DEBACLE!

Last edited by JayTee; 10-18-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Resolute- I second your post <G>.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #351  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

What is the spreadsheet? Can I access it? Sarge Sir! I am sad that you are stepping down. But, I do understand SIR!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #352  
Bonettey

Sarge -
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #353  
Suck it up, buttercup!

5 burpees? Done. I hope it is day 5.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #354  
Bonettey

Jeanettey's mid-week challenge

Timed Obstacle course

"Improve your time from last week"

Imagine your time was just under the qualifying time and try to improve it. (by any amount)

Print or copy all the portions of the obstacle course. Do them in order. Time yourself. Post when you complete it and your improved time. You are NOT competing against each other. You have thru saturday to do it. No substitutions on this one. Just do your best on each portion and post your improved time. On the weighted exercises use a weight you are comfortable with.

If you didn't do the challenge last week you can do it one day this week and try to improve your time another day.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Run in place 50 steps (50 total, 25 each foot)
Pushups 25
Crunches 25
Weighted squats 20 (20 total, 10 each arm)
Jumping jacks 25
Deltoid press 20 (20 total, 10 each arm)
Glut Jumps 20
Balance walk 20 steps (20 total, 10 each foot)

Here is what the exercises are simulating (in order)

The tire run, Under the rope crawl, The rope shimmy,

Over the wall, Across the rope bridge, The rope climb,

Over the logs and across the balance beam

I will make a seperate post to show exercises in case you need a refresher.

Challenges are always optional.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 10-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #355  
Bonettey

The obsatcle course portions refresher

Tire Run..................Run in place 50 steps (50 total, 25 each foot)
Under rope crawl......Pushups 25
Rope shimmy...........Crunches 25

Over the Wall......Weighted squats 20 (20 total, 10 each arm)

Unlike, in the picture, you will only lift one arm each time you come up.

Across the rope bridge......Jumping jacks 25

The rope climb.........Deltoid press 20 (20 total, 10 each arm)
You can do this one standing.

Over the logs.......Glut Jumps 20

Balance beam....Balance walk 20 steps (20 total, 10 each foot) heel to toe

Imagine yourself on a balance beam.
Walk heel to toe and if you lose your balance start the 20 step count over
Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #356  

Height: 5'5"

josey, I hope we were supposed to do 5 too, because I also did 5. Yuck.

ennay, you are loco. But in a good way!

Worked out with a friend today, doing her very first weight workout! We lifted up some heavy things, and then put them down. Then we went out to the track for a couple of miles. Oh lord, I am slow. I swear I was running MUCH faster than the stopwatch said. So, I guess I know what my goal will be. I will break that 8 minute mile by Dec 1st if it kills me!.

Anyway, logged my food, drank a TON of water, and about to get some quality sleep. I have a plan in mind for this week, but it'll have to wait until my exams are over tomorrow.

Sarge, I'm glad you're sticking around to post. This place wouldn't be the same without you. Not to make your eyes bleed or anything, but I was going to threaten to have everyone clap until you promised to check in every once in a while. I do believe in... sarges?

MsB, where are you? Did I miss a post or something? What happened? Did you get a haircut for your .4? The suspense is killing me.

Time for bed. By the way, I just noticed that fitocracy has a Sitting on my Butt exercise. Go ahead. Try it.

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 10-19-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #357  
Suck it up, buttercup!

@joyful - lovin' the burpees yet? I am still hating them with gusto! ;-)

Have a great day everybody!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #358  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

5 burpees yesterday, 6 today!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #359  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
5 burpees yesterday, 6 today!!
You are such a keener ;-)
Old 10-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #360  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
You are such a keener ;-)
LOL....in the style of one of my favourite bloggers "I am the valedictorian of burpees!"
Closed Thread