Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #241  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Ugh, got that nasty stomach virus that's been going around. Was worse yesterday but I'm still limp, shaky, and dehydrated today. I feel as though I've got a bunch of sharp rocks in my stomach. My whole family has been dealing with it this week, and I finally got it yesterday. Missing my official weigh in today. Will see if I can make it to the gym tomorrow.

red, losing about 75 pounds and having twins and another baby has made my stomach an absolute mess. I mean it. It's a battlefield of stretchmarks, wrinkles, tons of excess skin, and yes, still fat. But you know what? It's still a heck of a lot better than weighing 75 pounds more and looking and feeling horrible. I'll never be a bikini model, but at least I'll be a heck of a lot more comfortable with me You can definitely do the pilates and other things at home like Sparkle suggested, and you'll start to see some improvement. Even if it's never "perfect," it'll definitely be better than it was!!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #242  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

rainydays, I hope you feel better real soon! And, yes, I have to think the same. My stomach skin isn't going to bounce back like it did when I was in my 20s. I don't need to be a bikini model either. I just need to be the best I can be at my age and that is better than now, but now could be a LOT worse. So, I am ready to do it! Thanks!

I rode yesterday and am in pain in certain areas today that I don't hit in the gym. I have a book on pilates for riders that I have never even read... I used to ride 4x a week so i was fine but now I can only get out once a week if that so I have to prepare other ways and they say pilates is pretty good. Also, I want to develop a bit of a routine that I can do anywhere, in my room, in a hotel room. Right now I've been more, if I don't get to the gym I do nothing but walking and that's foolish.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-29-2011 at 07:18 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #243  
Every pound is a victory

red, awesome attitude!!! Let us know what you come up with for a routine. Also, I was thinking, there are exercise apps that you can download onto your smartphone. I have ones that target abs, buns, legs, and arms. They're short videos that you can do almost anywhere! You may want to check them out.

I feel SO much better today! I got the whole house cleaned and disinfected, and I really hope I can get over to the gym later Have a great day!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #244  
Never give up

Good morning! I have to run now to get to the gym, 50 minute walk there and then want to do some weight training, then into the office today (3xweek gig). But I have a lot to do before I can get out. It's already 6:30 a.m.!

was great yesterday on all fronts. Even the no smoking. I was thinking how tough it was, feeling this fighting going on inside, wanting a cig and then I just thought, no, heck, it's NOT hard. I WANT to do this and I can...easily. Really, I mean, I do a LOT of things that are super hard. It must be my Leoine adolescent stubbornness but when I WANT to do something there's no stopping me.

So, changing my thinking may be the trick. I am pysched. I may have found my mantra and found my way back to what was a much tougher me in past years!! Hurrah!!

rainydays, did you get to the gym? Glad to hear you're feeling better. Way to go on the cleaning!! I'm afraid I don't have a smartphone. I don't like them and am resisting getting one. Even when my current phone hits the dirt, I may still get the old style. I have an aversion to touching the screen all the time and the big screen is likely to break the way I handle phones!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #245  
Every pound is a victory

red, glad to know you're on the right track!! Yes, I did get to the gym
I hear you on the phone, a lot of people don't like them. Took me a long time to get used to it.

I'm holding steady as of this morning, at 189.4. I suppose that's to be expected for as fast as I flew through the 190s, but I'm a little surprised I didn't lose with being sick. Oh well though, usually you just gain back what you lose when sick since it's a false loss...although maybe that already happened, since this was the first time I've weighed since then. Anyway, going to try to exercise more than usual this week and see if I see a loss soon. Hope so!

Last edited by rainydays; 12-02-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there!
TOM came so I haven’t been feeling great lately, but I’ve been getting out for half hour walks most days. My parents seem to have decided to load up on all sorts of yummy food lately, so I’ve been tempted to eat more than normal. My mom brought home Cinnabon cinnamon bread yesterday. I did have a few slices, but at least I could work that into my calorie count. I’m trying to resist all their other food. With TOM I haven’t been feeling great, so at least it hasn’t been that hard to resist. I just hope they eat everything before my TOM goes away

Rainy: I hope you’re feeling better
Red: You have such a great attitude!! You’re doing awesome!
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #247  
Every pound is a victory

Sparkle, thanks! I hear you on the food, I feel SO snacky this week! I'm guessing part of it is the cold weather, and part of it is getting over being sick, so I'm now ravenous...bought some filling and healthy groceries to deal with this problem--hopefully!

Making Christmas cookies with the kids tomorrow...please keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll be able to resist the temptation!!

Anyway, what does everyone think of Old Navy's sizing? I went in and tried on jeans...my size 12 Levis are getting loose, so I grabbed 10s. Way too big, so I went back and grabbed the 8s (!!!!!) and to my shock, they fit perfectly! I know there's some serious vanity sizing going on here, so it didn't even feel like that much of a victory :/ I'll bet that means I would probably be able to fit into size 10 Levis though, and that's awesome! I might try some on next week, although I'm trying to make the jeans I have last at least until after Christmas. I might get a pair the week of Christmas, sometimes they have fantastic deals then. Anyway, have a great day!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #248  
Never give up

Cool

Well, it's not a very good morning and that is a downer since yesterday wasn't all that bad. In fact, at the time, it felt pretty good.
I got my haircut and liked it last night. Today I think it looks awful...but I know I will like it more or less. It's a lot shorter than it was and that's what I wanted. It shows my face more and that is good when I lose weight because it shows in my face but if it's overpowered by the hair, it's lost. Still, not being young anymore, it was nice to have hair to hide behind.....oh well, no sense hiding. Embrace me NOW!!
As for eating, it was no good yesterday overall because I ate way too much. BUT, I did not drink or smoke even though I really wanted to...kind of. And I didn't eat sugar until the end of the day when I decided I'd already "blown" the day as far as eating went. What kind of idiotic illogic is that anyway?!?!
...she asks herself but never really answers.....

Actually, I am kind of devastated (I know it sounds strange) about things in my private life (which I will not go into here). Suffice to say I am not happy and am trying to just keep pushing forward on the other aspects in life.

I have to clean up my room today and it is unbelievable. Already 11 a.m. here and I need this day, all of it. But talking o on the phone till 2 a.m. and then being ripped from sleep at 6 a.m., or maybe it was 5, by the earthquake alarm screaming on my cell phone did not help. I had to get more sleep after that, even though I was scared. Fearful weeks after March 11.....it all comes back.

rainydays -- Good for you for going to the gym! That alone is an accomplishment. I went too but because I don't have "the body I want" I belittle my efforts. I need to think of what I would look like if I didn't go to the gym. Not pretty....or rather, MUCH worse than now.
The thing with smartphones is that I see people using them and I get irritated just watching! Having to use your finger to touch the screen all the time and drag things over and over because it doesn't always work right away is what makes me want to scream. I guess I must be a control freak. When I want something I want to push a button and get it!!
Don't be discouraged about the lack of loss. You know weight goes up and down and all over the place. You have to look at a week of weighings to get the real picture. This is why I don't see any point in weighing only once a week. Once a month would be better but the danger is that I would just keep gaining. For me, once a day is best because I can see that one weighing doesn't really tell me anything. How devastating to be looking forward to a weighing all week and then have the number be high. I simply couldn't handle that.
Vanity sizing. Interesting term. I didn't know they called it that, but yes, unfortunately, and I certainly don't mean to rain on your parade, it sounds like it's a bit much. To be a loose 12 in Levis but fit an 8 elsewhere is not right. Stick with the same brand and style. You obviously have made progress!! Good for you!! My downfall are the stretchy fabrics. I don't notice when things are getting increasingly tighter but I don't like the feel of nonstretchy fabric. Everything has to be either uncomfortable or baggy to fit well. I use a nonstretchy pair of jeans to check true progress, but wear stretchy things because I love the feel, so cozy.

Sparkle -- careful with the buns! I've found the best thing for TOM whatever is exercise, light or heavy, whatever it is it ups the mood and helps me feel better. Does it help you?

Last edited by redballoon; 12-02-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #249  
Every pound is a victory

Checking in at 186! Whoo hoo, 25 pounds lost since the beginning of this challenge. I'm working really hard to see these results, so I'm proud of myself

For me, I used to have a very bad problem with daily weighings. Even though I knew it was normal for weight to fluctuate on a day to day basis, it did terrible things to my self-esteem and lowered my confidence in my abilities, so I would inevitably give up. Monthly weigh ins would be torture for me. Weekly ones work out just right for me. I'm at a really good rate of loss and almost always lose weekly, so when I don't I just get , even though that's illogical of me.

red I really hope everything is okay! I understand not wanting to share too many personals, but please take care of yourself!
And yeah, if you search "vanity sizing" here on the forum, I'm sure you'd get dozens of results. It's a very common phenomenon over here! By no stretch of the imagination did I think 8s in any other pants would fit me yet! I can make it through Christmas with a belt, and then I'm going to go get myself a pair of size 10 Levis at the great post-holiday sales!!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Weighed in at 157.5 this morning! Yay, I’ve finally whooshed into the 150s after getting stuck at 160 for a couple weeks. So I’m pretty excited. It’s been raining here for a couple days, so I’ve been doing indoor exercises, but I’ve still been getting in half an hour or an hour a day. I finally got back on the treadmill today after taking a long break (to enjoy walking outdoors) and I enjoyed it again. I was getting really bored with treadmill walking a month ago, so it seems that the break was just what I needed.

Rainy: I weigh in daily and I know I fluctuate so that doesn’t bother me, but I also get confused when I don’t lose anything on my official weekly weigh in. Luckily, *knock on wood* it doesn’t happen to me that often, but I’m sure that’ll change now that I’m getting lighter… As for Old Navy, I haven’t been there in a while but I had some old ON size 14s when I was starting to lose and by the time my American Eagle size 14s fit, the Old Navy ones were way too big. And there was actually a while thread about Old Navy sizing a little while ago, which you might find interesting: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...othes-run.html

Red: I’m sorry things are so tough in your private life right now. I hope everything’s alright with you, and that those problems start to work themselves out.
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #251  
Every pound is a victory

Sparkle, oooh, 150s!!!! WTG!!!!! Your weight now is really close to my initial goal. You're doing so great!!

I'll check out that thread, thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #252  
Every pound is a victory

Checking in--I got to the gym this afternoon and weighed in to get back to my official Tuesdays--I'm at 185--I'm no longer obese!! Just plain ole overweight! It's been yearsssss, so I'm very excited! I hope you're all doing well!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #253  

Hi girls!!
Newbie here! Just had to comment and say u gals r awesome!! Looked up this site last night and only read this thread. Please let me know how u all are doing it! Such inspiration! !

My weight started as a result of years of trying to conceive. My poor body was pumped full of drugs. Then when all failed we gave up and got pregnant! However due to complications I was on bedrest the last 8 weeks.
so long story short-
CW 188
goal 132 what I was before fertility issues

Activities include personal trainer 2 hrs/ wk, food journal but complete lack of consistency and not enough cardio

Please give advice in what works for you all!
Thanks!
-Kim
1girlsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #254  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girlsjourney View Post
Hi girls!!
Newbie here! Just had to comment and say u gals r awesome!! Looked up this site last night and only read this thread. Please let me know how u all are doing it! Such inspiration! !

My weight started as a result of years of trying to conceive. My poor body was pumped full of drugs. Then when all failed we gave up and got pregnant! However due to complications I was on bedrest the last 8 weeks.
so long story short-
CW 188
goal 132 what I was before fertility issues

Activities include personal trainer 2 hrs/ wk, food journal but complete lack of consistency and not enough cardio

Please give advice in what works for you all!
Thanks!
-Kim
Hey Kim, welcome! Congrats on conceiving! I know pregnancy can wreak havoc on the body! I was on bedrest with my twins for four months, so by the time I delivered, I had NO muscle tone whatsoever, and that's when I gained the majority of my weight. So I hear you!
We all do different things here at 3FC, but I personally find calorie counting to work fantastically for me. I use MyFitnessPal.com and the app on my phone to track my food and exercise. There is no magic pill--but if you work it, it works! If you have any more questions for any of us, please don't hesitate to ask! You're more than welcome to join our thread here, even if you don't have a specific goal for NYE since it's so soon. There are always challenges going on, plus you can find many different areas to post in, depending on your age, health concerns, etc. Again, welcome to 3FC!!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #255  

Thank u so much for the welcome! ! I think reading your story of being an active mom was one of a the reasons I was interested in this. I will make a goal of 10 lbs by nye! I am also using myfitnesspal on my phone application.
I will definitely keep up with y'all and let u know my progress!
1girlsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote