Old 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #31  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Losing4Life and dangerouscurves76! I'm super happy to have you two on board and love your determination! ♥

And good afternoon to all my other ghoulfriends.

tab11, so much for your slow metabolism, huh? Look at you...only 2.4 pounds away from goal. You rock!

TheLindsy, congratulations on running 1.5 miles!! Isn't it amazing how quickly we can build endurance? Great job!

I've got more energy this morning than yesterday. I didn't take my B complex yesterday and I know that's the reason. The little pill is a Godsend to me.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 08-30-2011 at 03:23 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

So, of course, yesterday was the 1st day of the challenge for me, and I get sick. Ugh. So no exercise for me for the next day or two. I did stay on plan yesterday, and am down a little over a pound this morning. So I guess, so far so good. But I really need to figure out a way to get back to walking/running. But right now, getting out of bed is about all I can manage.

How is everyone else doing this morning?
Losing4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #33  

I want to join! I will be starting tomorrow. I have been 'starting' for a while, and am hoping that by having this challenge, I will stick with it. I am tired of not fitting into my clothes! I am tired of being out of shape! I am ready!

My starting weight is 185. Yuck.

And for the record- I have been lurking in forums forever. Even before my join date, but I forgot my original sign on and password. This forum is a real inspiration and I can't wait until I can post in the GOAL forum!

Last edited by heatherw; 08-31-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added some info.
heatherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

I'd love to join your challenge! I'm a newbie here (well, I've lurked for awhile) and I need a good kick in the pants to get me started. Would love to lose 10-15 lbs by Halloween.

I feel like my life is on hold until I lose this weight (looking to lose 40 lbs total). You want to take a photo of me? Mmm, no...you can do that 40 lbs from now. You want to go to the beach? No swimsuits for another 40 lbs. It's sad, really. It's like a life half-lived. And I'm sick of it!
luxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #35  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Height: 5'7

I hope you feel better Losing4Life!

Welcome Heather and Luxy! Hopw you guys are ready for some competition!

Yesterday I was at 173... This morning 172.4. I really don't get what is going on with my body. I was OP 90% yesterday, and I ran a boat load. And I was on my feet walking around for 8 hours at work after that! The heck. I'm going to blame my TOM. Grrrr

Today, off to the bank to pay rent. I hate rent. Then gym to release my frustrations. Then I'll be going to the Diamondbacks game (Baseball) weeweeee!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #36  

Welcome Heather and Luxy! I'm so glad you're joining us.

Losing4Life, sorry to hear that your sick. I hope it's just a 24-hour thing and that you're better tomorrow.

Lindsy, when all else failing, blame TOM. Especially when you know you've been on plan. That's one of the reasons why I like to weigh in once a week. The fluctuations can drive you crazy sometimes.

I've been doing great sticking to my plan, but I didn't get my exercise in early today. I should have because my daughter started her senior year this morning, so I was up early any way. She gets out of school at noon and asked if her friend could come over. Well, I exercise in the living room and that's where the kids hang out. There ain't no way I'm exercising in front of anyone who is not family. So now I have to exercise on Saturday, which I hate. I like to have my weekends free and get all my work outs in during the week. Well, serves me right being lazy about it. That's got to stop.

Happy hump day all!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #37  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Hahaha you sound like my momma Sandy! Shes the same way! If anyone but family was there she wouldn't do her cute exercise dance video. I think it's quite entertaining. Shes so goofy. lol

I just got home from the gym. I shaved 10 seconds off my mile.WOOOO When I got off the treadmill I looked in the mirror and saw my chest was ALL sweaty. Ick. Time for a shower ladies! hahah
Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

May I still join? I love Halloween so maybe the idea of this will make it a little more fun for me. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Halloween.
disassociatedamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #39  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Welcome Disassociatedamber!

Yesterday I was on OP 100% except for all the booze I drank. At the Diamondback game, my friends that I work with got me 2 margaritas. Boy are those things strong! and I was drinking a little before the game. I had a DD so I didn't think it was THAT bad lol.
Anyway, drinking always makes me wake up SUPER early. I don't get it. This morning I step on the scale 169.2 OH YEAH.
But I'm not going to get too happy, its probably because when you drink you get dehydrated. So when I drink up on my water today, it might come back to 173 ish. boooo

Sorry about the rambling. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #40  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Ok...where to start?

I've be working out twice a day since Mon. Cardio in the morning before breakfast and then weight training at night before my daily dose of reality tv. So far so good. I'm sore but it's nothing I can't handle.

For the last 4 days, I've eaten almost 100% OP. And I've managed to take my vitamins and drink enough water. Woo-Hoo!

My weight fluctuates too much to weigh myself daily. I took the batteries out of my scale ages ago. So I'm forcing myself to wait till next Mon to weigh in.

Looking forward to reaching my goal weight!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all doing well and staying motivated! I'm staying within my calorie goals, but have been a little less enthusiastic with my workouts. I'm going to focus on my attitude, and maybe try a new strength training workout video. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the same old routine.

dangerouscurves76, RE cauliflower recipes, there is one that I haven't yet tried, but I plan to: Martha Stewart's Mac and Cheese recipe, with half of the pasta replaced with cauliflower. I have made the standard version of this many times and LOVE it. A friend, knowing my love of scratch mac and cheese, suggested replacing half or all of the pasta with cauliflower, says he does this all the time and it works with every recipe he's tried it on. I'll let you know if it turns out.

I LOVE cheese. I want to marry it.
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #42  

Lindsy, your mother sounds like a smart woman. Way to go on that weight loss, but I hope it's not like you said...dehydration.

Disassociatedamber, welcome to the challenge and best wishes on reaching your Halloween goal. You'll look spooktacular!

Dangerous, I'm a Monday weigher, too. Some people can handle the daily fluctuations with their weight. I, most certainly, can not.

Tab, your cheese comment made me laugh. That's what we say in our family about any food we love: We want to marry it!

Great start to my morning. Got my exercise done before picking up my daughter (no more surprise friend visits to use as an excuse). And I saw something in my mirror next to where I was working out. My hamstring muscle!!! LOL I was so excited to see that. My legs have always been my best feature, so it's nice to see it start taking shape again. And my tummy looks even flatter than it did since last Thursday. I can't wait to see more muscles emerge as I get more and more of this weight off.

Have a hauntingly wonderful day!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

OMG, sandcar, congrats on your hamstring muscle popping out!
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #44  

LOL...thanks so much, Tab! I had to call my husband over to check it out...I was THAT excited.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #45  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Hahah sandy that is so funny. I'm the same way. When I was with my trainer and I saw some biceps muscle I freaked out and was flexing for my whole gym. hahaha. It's such a good feeling seeing your work pay off!

Good news, This morning I woke up and I'm still at 169.2!! weee! Yesterday and today I didn't go to the gym. Been really sleepy from the game. And lazy .

I was OP 100% yesterday, except no gym time. Tomorrow I'll go and I'll hit it hard!

Hope y'all have a beautiful day!