Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #166  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

ItsMyTurn.. I swear I'm only crazy because my hormones are constantly out of whack! Lol. I'm such an understand, kind hearted person underneathe all the crazy hormones lol! So I just apologize a lot. For awkwardly crying or freaking out over something little. Woops

(Just in case if any of you need this information)*

The "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray has ZERO calories if you use just a few spritzes. *

12.5 sprays is 10 calories and 1 gram of fat
25 sprays (1 teaspoon) is 20 calories and 2 grams of fat
37.5 sprays is 30 calories and 3 grams of fat
*The entire bottle contains 900 calories and 90 grams of fat!*
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #167  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

JillNicole - you soooo don't have to explain it to me... I entered peri-menapause at a "too early" of an age...hormones making you whacked out is something I am all too familiar with, lol. I have seen your kindness and have no doubt you are not just everything you stated above, but a whole lot more..and it's all positive in my eyes
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #168  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Giving this thread a bump before it gets moved to page 2

ItsMyTurn & Jillnichole--My surgery slammed me into full-blown menopause. I thought I already knew what hot flashes were.
I didn't have a clue. One good thing, it happened in late December/January. One January morning, I had the heat turned down to around 62 degrees, with the fan on over the table, wearing short sleeves and working on the laptop computer. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blue color that just didn't seem right. Looked up, and there was Cabana Bob wearing his blue ski parka in the house.

Not fretting, but I'm having doubts about reaching my weight loss goal next week. If everything goes really well, I should miss it by only one pound. Either way, I'm pleased with my progress this month. One more pound will bring me to the 25lb milestone. Have been sticking with the diet and exercise plan. Gosh, this is such a slow process some days...
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #169  
~Star~

Floriduh - It is a slow process, but one worth sticking around for I think, honestly, once those peri-menapausal/menapausal hormones get going, it makes weight loss SOOOO much harder. It's the case for me anyway... or that's what SEEMS to be the culprit. Either way, as long as I see a minus on the scale, or even the same...that's a victory week for me! I love that you bumped the thread We gotta keep us up top!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #170  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Floriduh- It doesn't matter if you hit your goal. Yeah it would be nice. I would have loved to hit my last 2 and this one too lol, but didn't. (Well I am still crossing my fingers considering we have 2 more weigh ins left). It matters that you tried to be healthy and you lost weight. THAT matters.

All this talk about hot flashes makes me nervous. My internal themometer is always broken so when that comes, yikes! Hopefully, it wont be a long time. (My grandmother was in full blown menapause by 32). Who knows. It would be nice not to have TOM anymore...

JillNicole: I thought of you when I sprayed my I can't believe its not butter this morning. I kept saying, "Crap, I cant get to 12 sprays!" lol. But its so good. I think its bc its salty.

ItsMyTurn: Hey you lost 30lbs! That is like the equiv of a 3 year old! You're doing great for someone who has so much on their plate.Celebrate that.

I didn't do horribly today. I did have an oreo. I really wanted it. And I was way low on my cals so I let it slide. At least I stuck to one. I also shoved the bag all the way back in the cabinet. I made "tuna cakes" like crab cakes I suppose. I mixed fat free cheese with a little reg, tuna, relish, light mayo, nd stove top and made them into patties. I "fried" them (w/Pam). I prob could have done without the tartar sauce, but whatever. I had less than 1/2 serv of sun chips (again the salt...TOM is so coming soon). Other than that, I ate strawberry salad (so healthy), light string cheese, and organic fruit leather. Not too bad.

Too bad the hurricane didn't upset my craving. I actually didn't feel it, but they evacuated the area by my guy's work (45 min away). Hmmn.

I hope everyone is doing great
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #171  
~Star~

sheramama!!!! So good to hear from ya today, you were actually on my brain today Glad to hear the hurricane didn't disrupt too much in your area Congrats on only having 1 oreo... those are one of those things like Lays potato chips - hard to have just one

I am in a panic tonight trying to figure out something more to eat (even though I am just not hungry).. I am 200 calories shy of the 1200 again. This is so disgusting!!!! I am trying so hard, but went sooo long under soo much stress, that my body just doesn't like to eat the amount it should I guess. On a brighter note: I plugged in my info into myfitnesspal and discovered I burned 691 calories tonight in my workout!!! :O That didn't even take into account the incline being at 15 and the resistance at 3... totally psyched... I am betting with those figures included, that I went over 700 calories :O I am all stretched out, abs worked out, and cardio is certainly done... super yay!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #172  
~Star~

Weigh in today... got on the scale... 2 Lbs down this week!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #173  
Inspired

ItsMyTurn--OMG! Fantabulous calorie burn rate with your workout last evening!!! You are doing so great!

for your weight loss of 2 lbs Keep slaying those pounds!!! What did you end up doing with your calorie deficit last night? If I wasn't hungry or craving, I might have skipped it except I've noticed when I short calories 1-2 days, I don't have the energy for a great workout the next day.

Sheramama
--thanks for your encouragement some days are harder than others and I can't credit TOM anymore

Had breakfast out this morning...the potentially disastrous breakfast buffet ...
Fruit, eggs and sausage only. Stayed away from the potatoes and muffins. Gosh, hadn't had sausage in a long time. It was soooo yummy! Extra 15 min. workout in the pool afterward. Planning for another extra 15 min this evening. Gotta keep up the 1000 cal/day deficit...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #174  
~Star~

Floriduh - I just couldn't eat anymore than I had...it's just so frustrating to me. I understand going below calories is probably where most of my problem stems from cause it slows metabolism... but I am trying, and do keep workouts up and going... hoping it all balances out in the end. I had a popsicle worth another 35 cal, no where near the 200 I needed, but it made me feel better,
Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #175  
Progress not perfection

MY ENTIRE TOWN HAS BEEN EVACUATED! It's so crazy, like a movie! There is a huge tanker of fuel on fire, it is connected to 4 other tanks all full of fuel as well! The news is reporting that everything within at least a 1 mile radius would be gone if the tank blows! I live 2 blocks away, so really hoping for this to be resolved quickly and most importantly safely. There is shelters set up all outside our town!

They're hoping to have this resolved by tomorrow, started yesterday around 11:30am. I really hope so, we all badly want to go home. This stress hasn't been great for my meal plans, but trying my best to stay as close as I can to my calories & eat as healthy as can even tho I'm not home.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #176  
Inspired

Jillnichole--saw the tanker fire story with video on the news this afternoon Yikes! Earthquakes and hurricanes in the East, and now this. Why don't the forces of nature and other unpredictable and traumatic events realize we are trying to stay calm during our dieting? I hope the fire is under control soon and you can get back to routine at home. Please keep us posted
Old 08-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #177  
Progress not perfection

Floriduh... Can't believe our small town news made it way out there!! Even though it's a big deal of course...& thanks for making me laugh!! I think that things like that all the time!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #178  
~Star~

JillNicole - Oh my goodness! As scary as all that sounds, I will say I am glad you are ok! What an event to have happen :O I sure do hope that everything is cleared up REAL soon for you so you can return to normalcy! Thank goodness we don't wait until everything around us is calm before we decide to diet, we would all end up NEVER dieting!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #179  
BlockHead =)

Floriduh: Thanks! Gardening forum is a good idea. I start thinking about getting my fingers into the dirt in midwinter and planning my garden. It helps me get through the rest of the winter with some sanity If there isn't a thread going at that time I'll start one.

And great job over the weekend..yay for new undies! I have to get some new ones soon too. They are getting baggy and and so are a lot of my pants so sometimes I feel like I'm almost going commando!

Even if you don't make your August goal, keeeep going. You are doing soooo well! I know it can be frustrating at times, but everything you've been doing is progress!

Great job at the breakfast buffet!

ItsMyTurn: you were right! The scale is being kind to me now. I think I will see at least a loss on Friday if not as big of one as I have been having.

Sometimes it's hard to get in enough calories. I just try to not do too many low days in a row b/c I definitely see a slow down in the WL.

YAY on the 2 lbs down!!!

sheramama: thank you! Crossing my fingers for your Sunday weigh in! Glad calorie cycling is working for you. Great job resisting the evil O's! Love the NSV about your daughter's hugs! So glad you were safe in the hurricane!

jillnicole: glad you had fun with the girls! TOM can be very unkind Sorry your hormones are causing such problems. I love your water weight take though I can totally relate to hormones making you "crazy". The people who know you and care will understand, the rest don't matter!

Yikes about the fire! Stay safe! I hope everything gets resolved quickly and safely for everyone. Do your best with the food choices and realize that stress and lack of quality sleep may also contribute to short term gain (if there is one) and don't let it get you down.

Things are going ok with me this week. Quiet vacation week as DH is working. DS and I have been hanging out together. Playing minecraft, which we both discovered a week or so ago. It's fun to be a geek family Took him yesterday to have teeth pulled in preparation for braces which will be going on in a few weeks, so yesterday and today have been quiet days taking care of his mouth.

I received the salt free sausage seasoning I had ordered and made Italian sausage today. I used 1/2 90% lean ground pork and 1/2 97% lean ground turkey. It's a little dry due to lack of fat but tastes really good.

I also made low sodium alfredo sauce. Works out to 240mg of sodium per serving if the batch makes 4 servings and I actually think we will get more servings than that out of it.

More puttering around the house and more sausage making (kielbasa) tomorrow. Then Friday will be a day at the beach with my boy and school supply shopping.

Keep safe everyone! Seems like there is a lot of weird stuff going on in the world right now (I know, isn't there always!)

Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #180  
~Star~

Jen!!!!!! You so rock!!! You took time out of your week vacation to check in with us!!! Not only am I totally psyched about your scale being proven right by me, but look at you staying smart with your food choices too!!!! Wow girl, you are totally blowing me away with your good stuff!!! Then you add in the baggy undies, the baggy clothing and BAM, you got yourself the best guage to success and progress ever!!! I am so so happy for you seeing the differences! Might be time to pick up a few pieces of clothing to get you by... you don't want to get too baggy cause you want to feel super good and feel like you look super good too when you look in the mirror... and then BAM! Instant Motivation! *happy dances for Jen* Hope you all enjoy the rest of the vacation (minus the teeth pulling DH had to endure) and have a super terrific/active time at the beach!!!! I am so jealous of that as it's been years since I was around natural water that actually looked good enough to jump in, lol... just not the same in the desert with man-made lakes. Makes me miss Pushaw Lake in Bangor/Glenburn area... or the Penobscot River that ran right through our local rec area up home... but, the pool will have to work until I get a chance to retreat to my homestate again