Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Don't worry- tomorrow will count too just like every other day this week has (yay for staying on track all week)!

Thanks for the tip about the couch to 5k. I'm going to read more about it right now! Just the name sounds like it's something that'll be perfect!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #497  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening Everyone:

I've done my dance with JM and now it's time for ibuprophen, a cup of hot tea and a long soak in the tub, heck I might even bush hog my legs (I can braid the hair on my legs now) just kidding (that's only funny in my own head, oh and maybe SARGE's . . .

Kendrab: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, FRESH MEAT . . . <snickering, as I lick my chops> Oh I am BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD tonight . . . I agree with Pokey, C25K (google it) it will take you to a website, (I think it's called cool runnings, but you'll find it) I started Monday and made it through my first week I am more of a bike rider and I think the running seems sooooooooo SLOW . . . give it a whirl, what can you loose except a little extra BUTT-er

jojoyoyo . . . enjoy your chocolate bunny, Do you eat the ears first??? that's all I ever liked as a kid, my parents would buy us a solid chocolate bunny (5 lbs) and then they would try to cut it up into 5 equal pieces . . . quite the task, did they never think to just buy 5 (1 lb) chocolate bunnies . . . (and I DID NOT NEED A POUND OF CHOCOLATE, SOOOOO HYPER AS A KID) sheeeesh, parents . . . LOLOLOL Good job getting your head back in the game (I think weight loss is 83% mental, 10 percent perspiration and 32% percent stubborness (oooops, me thinks that's more than 100%) LOLOLOL

Dreamer: Yes, where are you girl????? We don't want to have to open that can of WupA@@ on you . . .

SARGE JAYTEE: Yes, water droplets falling from the sky = rain . . . hmmmm, but don't worry, I won't melt, I'm not that sweet . . . OK, SARGE pick me up on the way to Montana . . . but you'll have to head a bit north, I'm right off of I-94, I-90 is the SOUTH (you know fried chicken, okra, purple hull peas, collard greens and pickin' cotton (OH, I hope no offense to those of you in the REAL SOUTH) . . .

Koshing: Enjoy the swim with your Mom, that is one thing I really miss is swimming, but I like playing in the water, not so sure how I'd feel about laps . . .

chickadee: I figured you've already tried the tea . . . how about a nice massage from hubby??? even if it doesn't work, it feels REALLY GOOOD . . .

Reso: Oh I lean so much from you . . . you're going on a chew with your bike or you're going on a chew on your bike or you're going to chew your bike . . . . LOLOLOLOL WHATEVER . . . UGH!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Peanut: I just wanted to tell you I was telling a little old lady at work (she's 94) about my new bunny hug, and she knew what that was , I was so excited !!! (This one's for you too Reso) My bunny hug Canadians

Cheshire: How'd the 9 miler go???? I still can't even imagine running 9 miles . . . I barely run/walk 1.5 miles . . . I know, I know, slowly but surely

OK, I think SARGE needs to start a new thread SOOOOOOOOOOON . . .
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #498  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

OH CRIMINY, NOW I'M THINKIN' ABOUT THOSE DA*N CHOCOLATE BUNNIES . . . .
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #499  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

New thread tomorrow. Yeesh, we only make it 2 weeks before we hit 500 posts. wine in hand tonight...things that require thinking tomorrow!

Last edited by JayTee; 04-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #500  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Oh my... lovin my new bike , so today i did a 10K walk then a 10K ride then a second 10K walk and then a second 10K ride, to be honest i don't even feel that bad really, well except for my arse, forgot just how comfortable bike seats are.

Ate quite a few cals today, around 3000, but i still have a sizeable deficit i'm sure, my weigh in tonight came in at 223 so i have made a little headway, will do my best to make the next few days off count in spades.

You girls make me laugh, you like the "bunny hug" name ? Honestly it is kind of cute, especially compared to hoodie, sounds kind of gangster to me.

MadamB : Thats pretty neat how that older lady knew what you were talking about. LOL (Honestly nobody thinks anything of the name here, it's just what they are. ) Actually it's only Saskatchewan strangely, a lot of Canada looks at you just as quizzically if you use it around them.

So i looked at my original weigh in during the first thread, 250lb on March 5, 48 days ago, wow we have been at this thread for a while, anyways i'm now 223, so down 27lb in 48 days, not that bad really, for whatever reason it seems so slow and negative from day to day but if you can keep to the plan and not agonize on days/weeks everything does start to add up. I'm slightly lagging from my target date though, i knew it would be gruelling and extremely difficult but i'm still not giving up, with my bike and the warmer weather i have a new weapon against fat.

Still kind of happy with my efforts, i haven't had the best last few weeks mentally but i've dug deep and kept it together.

One more day ladies, looks like i'll finally not be a drag on the weekly goal totals.

Last edited by Resolute; 04-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #501  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Sarge: I sent the scale fairy on her way immediately this morning. I hope she pays everyone a visit by Sunday!

kendrab: Welcome, and nice job staying on track this week!

MadamB: Way to go making it through the first week of C25K, and I'm amazed by your biking in the rain! I don't think I could do the cold and wet thing (hence why most of my exercise is done at the gym, lol). And wait... do you mean that the only part of the chocolate bunny you liked was the ears?? Very funny. A massage sounds sooooo good right now... but I usually can't get my husband to give me them for longer than a few minutes. I have been thinking about getting one at the place where I get my eyebrows done though... it might not help with sleep as it will be during the day, but it will feel awesome regardless.

Resolute: Holy moses, that's a lot of exercise! Talk about making your day off count!! And YAY on the weight loss this week!! You were due for a nice drop, and I'm glad to see all your work pay off. 27 pounds in 48 days is a huge loss - that's a pound every two days! I'm completely amazed - it shows what a ton of hard work and perserverence can really do.

I got to the gym tonight and had a good workout, and today has been good food-wise. I got on the scale a second time this morning before work and it was down to 231 exactly (it was 231.9 the first time I weighed), and I figured it must be just a weird reading... but it was still 231.0 when I got home from work, so it seems I lost a touch more than I thought I did originally. That puts me up to 2.9 pounds lost this week; hopefully that number will be a little higher by Sunday... and then next week I will reach 50 lbs lost! Also, today was the first day in about 2 weeks that I didn't have a headache!! The absence of it felt so good. I credit the ice cream I had last night.

Sarge... your post has me thinking about having a glass of wine. I'd love one right now. Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I...

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Sarge: I sent the scale fairy on her way immediately this morning. I hope she pays everyone a visit by Sunday!

kendrab: Welcome, and nice job staying on track this week!

MadamB: Way to go making it through the first week of C25K, and I'm amazed by your biking in the rain! I don't think I could do the cold and wet thing (hence why most of my exercise is done at the gym, lol). And wait... do you mean that the only part of the chocolate bunny you liked was the ears?? Very funny. A massage sounds sooooo good right now... but I usually can't get my husband to give me them for longer than a few minutes. I have been thinking about getting one at the place where I get my eyebrows done though... it might not help with sleep as it will be during the day, but it will feel awesome regardless.

Resolute: Holy moses, that's a lot of exercise! Talk about making your day off count!! And YAY on the weight loss this week!! You were due for a nice drop, and I'm glad to see all your work pay off. 27 pounds in 48 days is a huge loss - that's a pound every two days! I'm completely amazed - it shows what a ton of hard work and perserverence can really do.

I got to the gym tonight and had a good workout, and today has been good food-wise. I got on the scale a second time this morning before work and it was down to 231 exactly (it was 231.9 the first time I weighed), and I figured it must be just a weird reading... but it was still 231.0 when I got home from work, so it seems I lost a touch more than I thought I did originally. That puts me up to 2.9 pounds lost this week; hopefully that number will be a little higher by Sunday... and then next week I will reach 50 lbs lost! Also, today was the first day in about 2 weeks that I didn't have a headache!! The absence of it felt so good. I credit the ice cream I had last night.

Sarge... your post has me thinking about having a glass of wine. I'd love one right now. Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I...
Hi Chickadee dee dee, i'm in a fairly upbeat mood tonight, yeah it's weird, sometimes it seems like i'm making zero headway, but when the time passes and you look back on it you see that things are unfolding proper, it's just that day to day that threatens to bring one down.

I'm so proud of you, you are gonna smash through fifty and keep dropping with your work ethic, nothing worthwhile was ever easy, that's why it is so special. I don't condone the ice cream but a glass of wine to help relieve stress i believe to be beneficial, i've drank quite regular over my loss and it has failed to hurt me really, not everyday and only between 2 to 5 oz when i do but i just count the calories like regular intake.

I think the scale fairies have finally forgiven me this week, 4 lb drop with a day to go, i so can't wait to make it out of the 20's.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #503  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
Hi Chickadee dee dee, i'm in a fairly upbeat mood tonight, yeah it's weird, sometimes it seems like i'm making zero headway, but when the time passes and you look back on it you see that things are unfolding proper, it's just that day to day that threatens to bring one down.

I'm so proud of you, you are gonna smash through fifty and keep dropping with your work ethic, nothing worthwhile was ever easy, that's why it is so special. I don't condone the ice cream but a glass of wine to help relieve stress i believe to be beneficial, i've drank quite regular over my loss and it has failed to hurt me really, not everyday and only between 2 to 5 oz when i do but i just count the calories like regular intake.

I think the scale fairies have finally forgiven me this week, 4 lb drop with a day to go, i so can't wait to make it out of the 20's.
I'm glad to see you in such a happy mood! You always upbeat and positive, but your cheeriness today is contagious.

YES, those feelings day to day when the scale just doesn't seem to be moving are SO tough to get past sometimes. We keep working through it, but it's hard not to get discouraged at times. You KNOW it's going to show up in a loss at some point, but the waiting is frustrating. I was super excited to see the scale down for you today (and I was glad I didn't jinx anything )... the emotional high that comes with seeing your work finally reflected there is pretty great, isn't it? And thank you for the the support and encouragement and cheers; I'm really proud of you too, and can't wait to be there cheering as you reach your goal.

The ice cream was the first full-fat ice cream I've had in 3 months!! And don't worry, I only had one scoop and was still well within my calorie and fat grams range yesterday.

And I think you've convinced me that the wine is ok. I have room in my calories for it today, and it never seems to negatively impact my loss - oddly, it seems to help it sometimes! Edit: Ok, I poured some champagne (since that's all I had cold in the fridge) - it's dry and so relatively low calorie, but totally not kosher for passover! I am a bad, bad Jew, but a happy one at the moment... I added some frozen raspberries to it, and it's pretty awesome.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-23-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5.5

Sir I'm still a wussy and scared of the gym sir! Will you say something motivational to my yellow bellied a**?
Thanks
Private Mochi
Old 04-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #505  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi74 View Post
Sir I'm still a wussy and scared of the gym sir! Will you say something motivational to my yellow bellied a**?
Thanks
Private Mochi
Listen up, there is only one person that can change your lot in life, i too was ashamed of myself but something had to change, i started walking outside every single solitary day regardless of weather, i imagined everyone who saw me laughing, but you know what ? After a couple of months people who drove by me or i saw daily began to wave/smile at me some even stopped and encouraged me, told me i was looking better, that they were impressed with my tenacity, not everyone in life is cruel, people inherantly like a winner, someone who fights for what they want, at first there might be some looks but after a while familiarity will set in and you will be seen as a fighter achieving great things, health and happiness.

Don't put off for another day what can be done today, starting will never get easier, start a routine and stick to it for comfort, you will find everyone is just trying to make their own way as well.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #506  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Ok, I can't believe this! Am I here ahead of everyone? Well, I guess I beat you all! Good news! I am holding at 145 lb! (Had to hit the scale today, as I will be gone early tomorrow.)
Muscle/fat ratio still appear to be exactly the same. This is a bit hard to believe, since I am exercising more. Waaaaaaaah!.......Ok, I'm over it. J
Old 04-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #507  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

So weigh in this morning 199.4lbs so ill round down to 6.5lb loss VERY VERY happy with that.

So I went to gym for swimming with my mum, and stupid bank holiday weekends, they dont open til 10am

Took the dog to the park for a good walk instead. just been shopping for my lunches next week, seems im going to be eating pittas with lettuce and humous for 3 days..oh did i say i have another 4 day weekend next week gotta love the UK bank holidays.

I'm gona dig out my treadmill and start the c25k today. at least if i can get in the room anyhoo.

Last night I really wanted indian food, and its sooo bad for you, so i made my own, cut out the bread and had 2 awsome dishes full of flavour but barely any fat or oil. I was very proud of myself.

check in later, good luck
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #508  
SARGE

Reso-- Sarge is in awe of your accomplishments and hard work yesterday, and so cheery about it to boot! You owe yourself one more luxury item, one of those gel filled bike seat cushions. Price compare a couple of internet sites, but DEFINITELY worth the price.

Welcome Prvt. Mochi! So you want your wussy, yellow bellied a** kicked to get to the gym?!?!?! TAKE THAT FIRST IMPORTANT STEP! This could be you sooner than you think! Promise Sarge that you'll lose at least 2 pounds next week and hang with us every day...we'll keep you motivated!

Yoyo--good job on maintaining. You'll have to find a new hobby soon. Scale watching just doesn't seem to have the same thrill anymore, does it?

Chickadee -- champagne and frozen strawberries....yummmmmm. Also, already down 2.9! That's fantastic! I really feel like we're gonna hit goal this week!

Koshi -- WOW, what a loss! I can't wait to add up our numbers this week!

Ok troops. We've once again chatted our way over 500 posts so time to start anew. New url following shortly.

Last edited by JayTee; 04-23-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #509  
SARGE

STOP! NEW THREAD AT:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ather-4-a.html
Closed Thread