Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Valentines Day challenge Week 2

Week 2!!! great. I hope everyone did well in the first week of this challenge.

I'm still sitting in the same place I was last Tuesday. And I am happy after the way I ate on saturday.

W 80 oz
E I'm continuing with my interval runs, 2000 meters row, 20 minute weights, 15 minute AMT (I wont forget my water this time)
E 1400 cals, Im still working at no starches at night.
D Oh house work.

Will sent me to get my hair done yesterday. The girl who did it messed it up, so she had to do a fix. it took me from 115 til 5 to have my hair done. It looks ok, but its not exactly what I wanted. But it will grow out. then in a couple months I will do it again.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Julie

Kris~The kid favorite this week was ranch chicken. I just sprinkled a bit of dry ranch mix over the top of my chicken. MMM. My kids are really loving this no starches at night. They are eating what I am cooking. Weird.

MM~I'm glad you made it through your emotional day.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/211/140

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to Monday! It's been a very stressful day so far. I did very well this weekend, but I was so busy that I didn't check in.

W - 72 oz
E - Either Zuma, Wii, or bike this evening after work. Didn't get it in this morning.
E - Today I'm doing the SlimFast shakes, two clementines, and a banana during the day. Tonight I'm serving chicken with brown rice and fresh brocolli.
D - Stay determined. I'm not going to let the stress of the day win!
tomsgirl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Kris - one of our favorite chicken dishes: marinate chicken in italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette, grill. Toss a salad of arugula, halved grape tomatoes and mini fresh mozz balls in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Top warm grilled chicken with the salad. You can use spring mix but we like the peppery taste of the arugula. Really simple and yummy.

Julie - WELCOME!!

Jeni - sorry about the haircut, I'm so gun shy that I always get it longer than I want just because I'm afraid of them cutting too much.

toms - hope you have some time to de-stress tonight, a warm bath and a book always does it for me.

Doing well, DH has been working crazy hours, basically comes home to sleep ~11 pm so I've got the kids on my own. They've been really good the past week so hopefully this week goes the same way! Feeling good, ate a bit too much for lunch today, chicken souvlaki and onion rings (gasp!) but it's one of the few places around that actually makes good greek food so I couldn't pass it up. It's homemade chicken soup for dinner so healthy at least. Hope everyone had a great start to their week!

Last edited by emiloots; 01-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #5  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

A late check in, but it looks like I'm not the only run who hit the ground running this morning! Where is everybody?

Julie - Great to have you joining us WEEDers!

jcatron243 - It's so great how level headed you are about sitting at the same number. If you keep doing what you're doing, it will drop off. But you know that, I can tell. Boy, it sounds like you cram a lot into your workouts! I divide it up more. One day upper body weights, the next a 20-minute interval run or bike, the next lower body weights and so on. I like knowing not too much of my day is eaten up by working out, so 45 minutes is my maximum. Other then yoga class, that is. But, hey, you said it on another thread: You're the get up and go kind of gal, whereas I'm more the daydreamin' type if time allows it.

tomsgirl34 - I hope the stress monster didn't get to you! I'm with emiloots on the bubble bath and book!!

emiloots - Mmm, homemade chicken soup. Can I come over after work?

I am at work and have had a cancellation so I am having a leisurely dinner while checking in. I do so like these paid breaks when someone cancels last minute.

I opted not to work out this morning. I had a headache, so I thought I had better skip it. I feel better now.

I got two work-outs yesterday, so not working out was not a big deal. I did my 90 minute yoga class (which is always a major workout) and then I went out in the cold wintry night with my DS. He just bought himself his first snowboard and boots with his Christmas money and he was pumped to try it out. My job was to assist in building a jump and then maintaining it every time he went over it. A whole lot of bending and carrying and stomping! I love that kind of exercise combined with hanging with my boy! Nothing beats it!

I am working my WEED pretty good today. I'll weigh in tomorrow at the gym and hopefully have a loss to report. If not, I am still pleased with this past week. I have been working out regularly for 2 weeks now and I feel much better because of it.

See you on the other side, ladies! Keep on smokin' that WEED!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Em~The cut was ok, but she totally screwed up the color.

Clykk~I love my long workouts. I used to do a 20 minute run then a 90 minute class~go home and get my daughter off to school, then go back for another 35 minute cardio and weights. But with DH commuting I cant go in the morning.

OK off to swim team.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #7  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Kris.. thanks. the turning point was seeing the scale at almost 294. i told myself if would not see 300.im hoping this year i can finally reach my 100lb goal...

julie...welcome.. 20lbs seems like the amount every ones been gaining back.. i sure did...

Tomsgirl.. oh your a wii person too. well i shouldnt say too since its been a while since ive exercise on mine. And its somthing my wii likes to inform me each time i do go on..lol

Jeni.. i hope they didnt charge you for there mistake..

Emily.. chicken soup sounds good right about now.. its cold here

Good evening ladies.. Im proud to say im down 9.2. so im now 241.8. There went some of my holiday weight. Been busy with house work today i feel like i did a million and one things today. im so looking forward to enwinding with my book. Here to a good week full of losses ..
w6 4++
e housework
e 1200cal phase1 sb
d read..

Last edited by TIARA; 01-11-2011 at 02:16 AM.
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Tiara~great job on the -9.2 pounds!!!! They charged me what I would have been charged, but not for the fix. I think I am going to go back in to have it darkened down some more, but I am waiting a couple of weeks to see if it grows on me.

Clykk~I spend a lot of time at one number, the Whooosh it goes off, then nothing. Its irritating but that's how my body is. I'm upset with myself for gaining back as much as I did, (I went from 136-156). I will get back down, I just have to be paitient with myself.

Off to work today. Tommy woke me up at 1230 again. SO I am going to be living on coffee today. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow today so I doubt I will make it in time for my workout. I will try though.

W 64 oz
E 20 minutes if I can make it
E 1300 cals (preping myself for the next two weeks of 1200 cal days)
D not to argue with my co-workers.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. Have started a new Vitamin D & B regimen with the rest of the crap to try and get me out of my funk...hoping this does the trick.

W 100
E 10k steps, left my pedometer home yesterday by mistake, but was not even close. 50 crunches this am. Baby steps back
E OP, yogurt for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, not sure about dinner but likely another tossed salad and yup, like the rest of you, chicken!
D Stay out of the dark thoughts. Move, blog, anything but stay ahead of it.

PS Jeni, I hope it grows on you, but if not, change it up, that's what color is there for! I love to experiment with hair color. My magic hair man is awesome!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-11-2011 at 06:05 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #10  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Hi gals!!! I've been missing for a couple of days but we've had A LOT going on. It's been snowing and snowing here, but it seems to have finally let up. Schools should be back in session tomorrow, which means that my exercise classes will be back on. This is good, cause I can finally move again. My gym is offering a new class called RIPPED and I took it and WOW!!!! It was crazy and tore me up! I love it though and can't wait to go back, I just can't believe how out of shape I am. Seriously, sometimes I think I delude myself into thinking I'm not as bad as I really am. I'm glad I've made a commitment to get into shape so I can finally figure this thing out.

Been really good and on track today:
W: 1 gallon
E: completely on track with food today! woo hoo!
E: 50 minutes on eliptical and ab work, plus 25 push ups
D: my daily goal is to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight! I need it.

Hope everyone is doing great! I felt like i was in a funk and it's good to be back posting here! Miss you gals!!!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

MM~I am trying to let it grow on me. I just need the chance to really play with it.

Dandi~I love taking classes that totally make you feel every muscle.

I am exhausted today. Found out a good friend was in a quad accident Saturday and has a broken pelvis, back and ruptured spleen. He is going in for his 3rd surgery tomorrow. (he's only 24) Then on top of that we were told we are losing 3 positions at my plant in May. 1 out of my group. I wont lose my job, but it sucks for those who will.

I way overate for dinner tonight. Taco salad with a side of beans. MMM. But I am way over full.

We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground right now. Its a rare occasion for us, so after swimming tonight the kids were able to play in it for 20 minutes. Then they came in to warm jammies and hot chocolate. It was a good mommy moment for me.

Oh and I did get in a 25 minute workout today.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #12  
Living Light

jcatron243 - What awful news for your friend! That's a lot of surgeries in 2 days. And then to find out that there will be three people laid off in May. When it rains it pours, doesn't it? Isn't it nice to have the kids to cocoon with at times like this? I'm glad you got that time with them.

dandimae - I guess YOU must have sent all the snow that is falling tonight. I suspect it will be a snow day here tomorrow. My DS will be happy about that!

mothermavis - Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. My Mom and sister have difficulty with depression too. My sister runs, eats real healthy and tries to get a regular dose of sunshine to keep the dark thoughts away. Let's hope the Vitamin D & B will help! Here's a little sunshine for you!

TIARA - WOW! 9.2 lbs. WOW! You be smokin' some good WEED!! Pass some to me, sista!

I should get my butt off to bed, shouldn't I? Well, I just had to check in. It was an unusual day for me. My DS sprained his wrist on Monday night, so this morning (Tuesday) he was slow to getting off to school (2 hours slow). So, that ate up most of my morning. To top it off, I took the dog out for her morning walk and when I came back, my DH was back in bed with a headache and feeling nauseous. Not nearly as bad a day as yours Jeni, but it still had me feeling out of sync.

I guess my WEED wasn't too bad today. I did my 20-minute interval bike, I drank at least 64 oz. of water, and I avoided most temptations to eat off-plan. And if it is a snow day tomorrow, then this late bedtime won't be a problem either as I don't start work until 3 PM tomorrow, so I could stay in bed instead of getting up to get my DS off to school.

OH, YEAH, and I weighed in today. I am down 2.5 pounds. Like always, I want to not feel good about the loss for various insane reasons. Not worth giving voice to, because no matter how much I lose, the stinkin' thinkin' is right there trying to keep me from acknowledging all the ways I am working my WEED program. I'm fully aware of this crazy thinking of mine, so instead of listening to its madness, I am going to say, Yeah, Carolyn!! You're doing it! Keep on smokin' that WEED!! It's working!!

Over and out ladies!

See you on the other side!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hi Chickies. Snow day here too Not for me though...

W 100, missing this the last few days
E 10k steps, been short there too for 3 days, seeing a pattern....
E uh-huh
D Depression sucks, it overwhelms you and sucks you in, then you feel worse because you gave in and it's just a vicious cycle. Breaking it today.

PS Been weighing too although I was not going to, also a poor idea.

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-12-2011 at 06:40 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #14  
Living Light

Dang! No snowday after all, so no sleeping in for me!

W 80 oz
E Weights Upper Body
E OP
D Take a nap before work today.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Clykk~ Awsome for your 2.5 pound loss. Poo on the day being so off.

MM~Get in those steps. I hope your B and D vitamins work for you!

We don't have a snow day either. After the 3 inches that fell last night, it turned to a nasty rain and wind, so the roads are all clear here.

Lost another pound I am hoping it holds.

I get to start planning my Disneyland trip DH found out he will be able to take the time off (although it will be without pay, I will deal with it). Now I will go into a full planning mode.

W 80 oz
E 35 interval run/2000 meter row/20 minute weights/ 15 minute AMT
E 1300 cals no starches at night (so used to this it will be my norm)
D Hmmm cleaning out the kids room.