Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #166  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone!
This weeend I've been a little naughty food-wise as I've been at a women's conference at my church eating the delicious food they served and having a wonderful time meeting new friends and visiting and playing games with old and new friends. It's been very refreshing, but now that it's over I'll have to make sure to get extra fruits and veggies and detox from "treats".
I'm off to spend some time with the fam since I've been gone the last 24 hours! Have a great night!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I need detox today also. I ate some heavy food yesterday. I ended up feeling a bit guilty, actually more feeling stupid than guilty. I ate a McDonald's sundae yesterday thinking it was far less calories then it was. I could have had a cone instead and been just as happy. However, part of me is looking at this thinking "get over it" , it was just some extra calories. Live and learn. Which is good I think. I really obsess on this weight loss thing. I mean a lot. So, I am glad it is working but I cannot just live for weight loss!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #168  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - thank goodness!

I was getting a wee bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get back on track.

I'm planning for another OP day and hopefully I'll shed some of the weight I gained.

Hope your day is a good one

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-19-2010 at 07:44 AM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #169  
Back at it...again!

September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Weigh daily, Check-in 3X/week
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC
MaryOjo: Lose 8 lbs
roxannestags: Be a continuous poster (5 days/wk), Follow diet plan all month
Avezy44: Reach 175 lbs
Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #170  
Back at it...again!

mystical-did you want me to add you tot he list with the goal of checking in 3-4x/week? You are doing so well and I couldn't be more thrilled for you...recalling all those months of frustration and standstill with your weight. What a joy to have found something that's working!!

TERAPET-My detox day went well today. How 'bout yours? One sundae doesn't make or break you, but I know the feeling.

I was POP today with plenty of water. Let's keep this thing going all week. DH suggested DQ tonight and I said no. Go me! I really would like to drop this extra weight before the marathon and it is exactly 2 weeks away today. Not much time to make progress, but I can take it one day at a time. I haven't made progress on the scale for the last couple weeks, but I've been overly snacky, so I absolutely know why. I'm off to plan meals and not just grab whatever I find for snacks.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #171  

Unhappy

Check In
Yesterday wasn't OP and this morning's weigh-in showed it

I'm really having a hard time getting back in the groove again since my trip.

I swear that that I'm a total sugar addict and once I start eating it again I have a really hard time stopping.
Guess I'm just going to have to try harder.

Ms. P - Would you please change my September goals to- check in daily and weigh 223 instead of lose 8lbs. At 223 I'd weigh what I did the day I left for my trip. Thanks

Here's to a 100% OP day

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-20-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Ms Perception-I did eat better yesterday. Plus I worked in the yard and went to the Y for a step class. All and all, I am back in my "losing" place. I have my meals planned for the day and another step class and then yoga are on board for this evening. I imagine it is difficult not to snack with all the running required for the marathon training. I bet you are hungry! Plus, with that kind of calorie burn, DQ does not seem totally out of the question. Good for you for staying on plan.

susiemartin- Just keep working on it. I am the same way with the goodies. "The more you cave, the more you crave." Have you tried planning your food for the day? I also use low calorie treats (100 cal ice cream treats, pudding) to feed my fix. Mostly I just do not allow myself the stuff I cannot control.

I am closing in on my goal. I am pretty excited about that. However, I am going out of town on Wednesday for a trip to DC with my husband. I have never been there before so this is a big deal for me. We will be eating out and I won't have a scale. Scary stuff! I am going to have to rely on my intuition and just not overeat. I really do not want to gain weight. Afterall, I am going there to see the city not to eat. (Although that would be fun too!)

Last edited by TERAPET; 09-20-2010 at 09:32 AM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #173  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi ladies,
Another weekend bites the dust! HAHA thank goodness too, because I was also naughty this weekend, with TOm cravings, I did not even try...... So Iam now back inaction full force, and all the cravings out of my system! YAY!
I got my butt to Zumba this AM which is not my regular day, but I work tomorrow (which would be my reg Zumba time) So Yay me again!
SusieMartin, You got this girl, You kicked some major butt with your labor day challenge! I am going to send you some extra wonderful thoughts and prayers that you find your groove!
TerapetGood luck on your trip. Hopefully, you will be walking a lot, while sight seeing. That will help you for sure!

Ms P-Are we going for 7 day POP mini challenge????? sounds like we could all use it! I am in for sure! starting today!
Mystical- Glad to see you joined us for Sept! I hope your new plan/trainer is working for you. My sister did that about a year ago, she lost about 40 pounds and looked MARVELOUS! She did say it was a lot of very hard intense mind-blowing work!
MY MICHELLEYAAAYYYYY! glad you left those 160's behind! Great job!

Girls, I gotta run, It is a very busy day for me, I wish I had time to do more personals! Hopefully everyone will have a great day!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #174  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Hey chicklets, I am trying to get my check-ins, accountability, and necessary support before I leave Wednesday night for my drive to Maine. The first weekend we're there, DH's friends from high school/college are joining us. They are big (period) meat eaters (just big eaters, really), and I am a bit worried. Although, they'll probably just gross me out and I'll want to eat even less. lol.

Saturday morning, I weighed 150.6. I went to the beer fest (didn't drink much), then went to dinner with friends--antipasti, pizza, salads, drinks. Oh, and did I mention dessert? Sunday morning I weighed 154.4; did 110 minutes of zumba and ate light and healthy as penance, and today I weighed 153.8. I was really hoping to be in the 140s before the start of this vacation, but this seems to be my trend: reach a new low, go screw it up, spend the next week getting that weight back off. It's all still moving in the right direction eventually, but sheesh! I'm not bringing my scales, and will miss the end of this month/start of next. I hope my withdrawals aren't too bad. I'll check in on the antique (vintage?) scales that are there to keep an eye on my progress.

SusieMartin: Don't be discouraged. You already know you can do this. I was so majorly impressed with your willpower and staying power with what seemed like months POP, so don't be so hard on yourself. Ween yourself off those sugars a little at a time. Just keep reducing the amount you allow yourself, and try eating protein or peanut butter when you want something worse, and you'll eventually get it out of your system.

LE and MsP: I wish I could join you, but already am planning to have a wonky week with a road trip right in the middle of it! Good luck.

Thanks for your cheerleading everyone. I've had a couple of weekends of seeing people for the first time since I've lost all this weight. Many people have not recognized me, and many people have asked what my secret is. Although I've told everyone it's calorie counting and exercise, I realized that it really is accountability. Everyone knows "how" to lose weight, but most can only do it when they are doing it with someone else, and they need to be accountable to someone besides themselves (we are such liars, and we will believe anything we tell ourselves. lol). So I want to officially thank all of you for helping me lose this weight! I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope to check in again before I leave on Wednesday, and I'll try to peek in on your posts from my phone, but won't likely check back in until I return.

Last edited by LouisaH; 09-20-2010 at 03:31 PM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Ms Perception yes I would love for you to add me. I am not going to do a weight goal this month but I will set one for next month. Thank you so much for the encouragement it has been so frustrating for me with my weight not moving. Keep your fingers crossed that things are looking up for me.

Lewisempire I would have to agree with your sister. My trainer is a woman bodybuilder. My friends tell I better do everything she says or she will snap me like a pencil LOL

My legs hurt a bit today from my training session thank goodness this is my day off... I go to the gym Tus, Wed, Frid, Sat anything above that is bonus. When I am not doing my grilling working with my trainer 30-45 min cardio and then 15-20 min weight training... Well gotta run chickies. Hope you all have a wonderful day
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #176  
Back at it...again!

September Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Lose 10 lbs, Track food and weight daily
Rashomon: Lose 10 lbs, No fast food
susiemartin: Check in daily and Reach 223 lbs
My Michelle: Lose 10 lbs, Weigh daily, Eat totally clean
Zinger: Reach 162 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 6 lbs, Cut down on alcohol
TheBunneh: Reach 173 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 8 lbs, Plan food everyday
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Read Beck Diet Solution
dancerindenver: Lose 3 lbs
Aunty Jam: Lose 5 lbs, Quit snacking/Watch calories better, Stop eating at night
TERAPET: Lose 7 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 8 lbs
envelope: Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
Risssa: Lose 10 lbs
LouisaH: Lose 8 lbs
onestar: Lose 10 lbs, Drink only milk & water (with occ. adult beverage)
tamaraj: Reach 165 lbs, Find a fitness routine
econ nerd: Lose 10 lbs
nurse2be: Lose 10 lbs
julie99s: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back on drinking
FitVision: Reach 199 lbs, No regular pop
bikini bod: Lose 9 lbs, Drink 8-10 glasses water/day, Plan meals for each day
Newshinyme: Face the scale, Make a plan, Stay accountable on 3FC
MaryOjo: Lose 8 lbs
roxannestags: Be a continuous poster (5 days/wk), Follow diet plan all month
Avezy44: Reach 175 lbs
mystical: Check in 3-4x/week
Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #177  
Back at it...again!

susiemartin-I made the change to your goal. You can turn it around. Just keep reminding yourself how far you've come!

TERAPET-Glad to hear you're back in your "losing place". I feel like I'm there again myself and it feels good. Now, hopefully the scale will realize it!

LE-Yes! Let's do the 7 day challenge. Maybe it will keep me on track. So far so good anyway...today went well. I ran 12 miles ad ate just as planned, so the scale better be nice to me tomorrow!

LouisaH-Trips can do a number on a person, as we all know. Hope yours is lots of fun and very active so you enjoy a few treats here and there without paying the price! You're so right about the accountability too. It makes SO much difference!

mystical-You're on the list! No finger crossing necessary for you. You're already making good progress....just keep it up! Whatever you're doing is working.

Twas a good day here. All went as planned health-wise. Tomorrow is a busy day with lots going on....why does that always happen on my "rest days"? They don't feel very restful! Well, I won't complain anymore because the activity should keep me away from snacking unnecssarily!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #178  

Smile Thanks For The Support

Check In Time

You all are terrific All the kind words and support really does make a difference when the going gets tough.

Yesterday was OP and my weight is back down to 225.0.

I'm planning on another OP day today.

Hope your day is a good one!

Last edited by susiemartin; 09-21-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #179  
ISO my perfect body

just a quick good morning- I will stay on plan today....... unfortunately I have a birthday at a mexican restaurant. My plan.....order the kids soft taco plate, 5 chips and salsa, no cheese sauce. Everyone please pray for my stick-to-it ness!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello.... I'm back from bingeland....

hey....yeah I know it's getting toward the end of the month but I'd like to jump in just to be in something... and I like these threads most of all, I've tried some others but not felt quite as at home. Sorry I've been gone so long, I didn't want to grace the boards with my new and bigger numbers but here I am... actually working my way down again right now... TOM is just around the corner so I expect my weight is up just a little anyway.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote