3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Onderland By Christmas Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/208319-onderland-christmas-challenge.html)

dudesmom 09-05-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3467684)
Weekly weigh-in!

222.9/-1/221.9

Not the 1.4 loss I need to stay on track or the enormous whoosh I was dreaming of, but a loss nevertheless!

I did great staying on track all week with both exercise and food. But I'm probably going to totally blow it on my mini-vacation today and tomorrow which will involve pizza, wine, a hot tub, a pool party, a cookout....and lots and lots of fun! I'm not going to fret about it, though, because I really need to relax and enjoy myself.

Hope everyone else is doing well with the challenge. We're not a very chatty bunch, are we? :)

Congrats on the loss. Maybe we can make this a more chatty group! I had a .4lb loss this week, but I know I've been a little lax with my eating. And of course, today we're having a birthday party for my youngest son, complete with lots and lots of food and desserts. Hopefully I can keep it in check today, it's the sweets that always do me in! Good luck with your little vacation, let us know how it goes!

ninepaw 09-05-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3467684)
Weekly weigh-in!

222.9/-1/221.9

Not the 1.4 loss I need to stay on track or the enormous whoosh I was dreaming of, but a loss nevertheless!

I did great staying on track all week with both exercise and food. But I'm probably going to totally blow it on my mini-vacation today and tomorrow which will involve pizza, wine, a hot tub, a pool party, a cookout....and lots and lots of fun! I'm not going to fret about it, though, because I really need to relax and enjoy myself.

Hope everyone else is doing well with the challenge. We're not a very chatty bunch, are we? :)

Woo-hoo for a loss! :D Always good, even when it isn't exactly what we'd like.

And maybe this is more of the norm around these parts.. .And we're just very chatty people who happen to end up in the same threads a lot?? :lol: Either way, I'm sure we can chat this place up a bit. We're pretty much pros. ;)

As for my issues, it wasn't even just stuckedness... No... I was at 229 for 3 days, then I was 230 for a day... Then 231... Then 232... And now I'm on my way back down again, today at 230, but still. I believe the day I posted about my irritation, I was at 232 and was just hoping that the number wouldn't go up AGAIN the next day! Ugh! It wasn't fun. But now that I'm most of the way back down I'm feeling a little better. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

DaisyDuke 09-05-2010 03:01 PM

Is it too late to join in?

SW: 244.6
GW: 199

dudesmom 09-06-2010 12:45 AM

I need to get the scale moving again, it's been pretty slow lately. I'm considering dropping the calorie counting and just sticking to a whole foods type/ intuitive eating plan. When I don't have so much processed stuff like bread in my diet, I tend to not rack up as many calories, and really only eat when I'm hungry. I feel like this may be the best approach to get the scale moving again, but not sure if that's the way I'm going to be eating for the rest of my life. Just something I have to ponder.

Rochester 09-07-2010 02:55 PM

I had the most wonderfully fantastic mini-vacation. Total fun and total relaxation! :D

My food choices weren't great but not horrible either. And even though I ate some things I probably wouldn't on "regular" days I was able to consciously control how much I ate of those foods, and for me that was a huge deal.

@dudesmon - Hope you enjoyed the birthday party. Good luck with trying a whole food/intuitive way of eating...let us know how it goes.

@Diana - You've had a pretty substantial loss so far so you're body is probably just adjusting. I'm sure you'll see the scale moving downward again soon.

Mimi2010 09-07-2010 06:03 PM

I'm already a part of the 30 lbs by Christmas challenge, so what's a few more pounds?? I'm in!! It's going to be tough, but hopefully I can push it out. I've been pretty lazy the past couple of weeks.

SW-234.5
GW-199

dudesmom 09-07-2010 09:34 PM

Wow, I had kind of a rough day today and what was my first gut reaction? To eat. Crap! Luckily, I really don't have any bad stuff around, so I had like 5 fries and a regular sized brownie and that was it. I'm hoping that at some point in time I won't have that automatic reaction to turn to food. I'm not really over it now, but at least I'm processing it, and without turning to food. That's my story for the day. How is everyone else doing?

ninepaw 09-08-2010 02:47 AM

I've been hanging out at 230 for the last couple of days, which in reality I've been okay with since it's way better than the number going up like it did... Sure would be nice to see 229 in the morning though, so I don't have to adjust my ticker up! I've been behaving myself and really working on getting more exercise in. I'm super excited for this weekend when I run in my first ever 5K on Sunday with my mom! So freakin' stoked.

Rochester, I'm glad you had a nice little mini vacation! Sounds like you handles everything very well. Always good!

Dudesmom, it's a good thing that you didn't have too much in the house! From the sounds of it your indulgence was minimal, and that's great! As long as you're right back on track now, you're fine. :)

Shay 09-08-2010 07:22 PM

I'm in!
SW: 224
GW: 199

I only weigh once a month and may cut back on that. I go by how my clothes fit.

starbrite 09-09-2010 01:52 PM

Golly Ninepaw, I have so been having your type of sitch with the scale. After the whoosh I bragged about, the three pounds went back on, then another two, and have been fighting my way back to 237. Sometimes I just can't fathom how this works. Soooooo still 38lbs to go !!

dudesmom 09-09-2010 02:50 PM

Finally saw 243 on the scale today which means I've lost 25 lbs so far. Its been really slow going the last few weeks, but I'm still trying to hang in there. I know a lot of it has to do with my food choices, and I really need to learn how to say no.

Rochester 09-10-2010 08:14 AM

Today isn't my official weigh-in day but I check periodically through the week just out of curiosity. (I know Diana understands that! ;) ) And I finally broke through the 221 wall!!!!! :dancer: I've been bouncing back and forth between 221 and 224 for what seems like forever, but today the scale said 220.6. I am beyond happy! :D

@Starbrite - Don't give up. The pounds will come off, slowly but surely!

@Dudesmom - Congrats on 25 lost! Woohoo! :carrot:

@Diana - Good luck at your 5K! :running:

starbrite 09-10-2010 09:50 AM

Thanks Rochester, it just seems those three pounds have been dogging me for a while now! Congrats on your success this week :)

ninepaw 09-10-2010 12:39 PM

Starbrite, I'm sure we'll both come out of this sooner or later! Prefferably sooner, right? ;)

Myself, I actually finally got back to 229 today after a week and a half of irritation. I was happier with the first time I got on the scale and it said 228... But being me, I got on there a good 5 times or so, and any time after the first it was 229... See Rochester? Some things never change! :lol: But I'm happy to see 229 again... Especially since I was feeling like it was a fat day when I got up. You know what I mean? I just felt like I was gonna get on the scale and see a couple extra pounds or something.

Obviously I'm much happier with this outcome! :lol:

dudesmom 09-11-2010 02:12 AM

The scale said 241.8 today, so I was very excited, but I don't know if that's just a tease or not. I'm pretty nervous about impending measurements! I decided to take my measurements once a month, and pictures too, and one month is up on the 14th. I know I've lost inches because I spot checked the other day, but I'm worried that when the official day comes, the inches will all have magically reappeared somehow, or there won't be any difference in the pictures. It's really ridiculous, I know, but I get these irrational fears sometimes! Hope everyone has a great weekend!