3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies~Invitation and WEEK 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/206328-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies%7Einvitation-week-1-a.html)

jcatron243 07-05-2010 05:23 AM

W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies~Invitation and WEEK 1

This is Week 1 of our new challenge!!! Laboring for our Bodies challenge(now through Labor day). It is so Hard to stay true to a healthy diet during the summer months~BBQ's, Weddings, Camping, Vacations. . .You name it. Let's make this next Month full of the healthiest choices available.!!!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back

jcatron243 07-05-2010 05:25 AM

Hi I'm Jeni. I'm a wife and mother, plus I work full time outside of the home. My schedule is crazy but I try to make myself a priority at least 35 minutes a day.

W~I drink 64-100 oz of water per day. It depends on my workouts.

E~I'm a runner. My normal workout on my off days is 50 minutes of cardio~10minutes of weights~ 15 minutes Abs. On my on days I am trying to get back into 30 minutes of cardio after work and 15 minute abs. but I have a crazy schedule like I said so I am just starting to get back to it.

E I've gotten really lazy about my food lately and it has given me 5-8 extra pounds that were gone in Feb. So my goal for this challenge is to focus on foods and making the best choices.

D Normally my daily goal/affirmation is focused on housework, or making it through rough days at work. Through this next challenge I am going to focus on food choices.

mtiger 07-05-2010 08:45 AM

Hey!! Don't think I've ever been the first to post on the new thread. Well...here goes.

My name is Mindy. I teach 4th grade currently, so I am off for the summer. I have 2 children 25 and 22 this summer. I have lost 75 pounds but have been the same since last October now. I workout all the time.

This past week I got down to a new low..175.8 It is now mid-cycle time so I have gained a few pounds back.

Week 1- 178.2 Hopefully no higher during this time.

emiloots 07-05-2010 02:52 PM

Hey ladies!

My name is Emily, I'm 30, married with two little boys Connor (3 1/2) and Desmond (18 months). I work full time, I love cooking (and eating of course), reading, movies, hiking, nature etc. Trying to get this body in shape for another baby (now just have to convince my husband!). In a way I'm a perfectionist, so diets are hard for me because once I mess up, or stop keeping track I get frustrated and fall off the wagon, it's all or nothing so I'm constantly struggling with finding balance.

Last challenge I started at 168 and this morning I was 164, really just re-losing some gained weight. So my goal for this challenge is just to get into the 150's, any number would make me happy!

Jeni - I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands job, the economy is tough these days but I'm glad to see you have a positive outlook!

Mindy - howdy!

W - 64+
E - walking, housework, abs
E - good so far, stick with it!
D - try to work with what we have in the house and minimize the grocery trips this week

ma26 07-05-2010 02:57 PM

I was trying to start just such a thread. If I'd realised that you already had this one going I wouldn't have bothered. Especially since everytime I start a thread no one posts on it :(. Kinda makes me feel rejected by this forum. Oh well though. If it takes off I'll keep up on both. But I bet I have better hope for support here.

I am married with a 7 year old step daughter. I just finished school this summer and will graduate with a degree in biology. I currently bartend and am trying to lose 30 pounds I have gained over the past 5 or so years. Most in the last three.

On this challenge i am hoping to lose 2 pounds a week through labor day.

ma26 07-05-2010 03:00 PM

jactron243- I struggle the most with what I eat. I also run, but have been quite lazy lately. I run a certain half marathon every year and sometime another one. But usually get pretty lazy after race day until some new event is coming up. I need to work on consistency in my workout. Water is a huge shortcoming for me. I am terrible about insuring I drink enough.

mothermavis 07-05-2010 03:09 PM

Hey Chickies! Love the name for the new challenge.

I am Mavis, 44, married and a tad overweight! I have 2 boys, currently home for the summer, but both in college, 2 dogs (including a 10week old puppy) & 2 jobs!

I am getting going again, I joined the Y and am starting to use that a bit, so here's to better choices!!

9 weeks til Labor Day, I am going for 2 pounds a week, I have around 158 when I came back from my run this am, so 139 by Labor Day!!!!!!!

love2b150 07-05-2010 03:57 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Ma26 I sent you a message. I often feel the same way you do. However I've never started a thread, just my intro.

Hi Jeni, I have a question about this thread ... Do we post the W.E.E.D. everyday?

My name is Ren age 44, I'm a married SAHM of 5, ages 6-17. In started this weight loss journey on 6/1 at 195.4, my weight this morning was 182.6. I weigh-in daily.

W ~ I drink 64oz of water or more per day.

E ~ My main exercise right now is walking. I walk at least 2 miles and I have pushed to 3 miles a few times. I just looked up Couch to 5K, and would like to try that so I can start jogging. My hubby has a mini gym in the basement but I have only been down there maybe 3 or 4 times. We have a stationary bike in the family room I have only been on that 3 times. When he adds a treadmill I'll go down more often. Need to start working on my ABS

E ~ I count calories. So far it has worked for me seeing everything that I put in my mouth on paper. I talk myself out of a lot. When I want to eat late I have fruit usually an apple or a cup of grapes.

D ~ My daily goal is just to ignore my wanting to snack, and to stay occupied. Housework never ends with 5 children so my time on 3FC is my me time. I'm usually signed on all day, SAD I know. I want to continue to lose at least 2lbs per week.

jcatron243 07-05-2010 08:01 PM

Rennie~ :welcome: I post my WEED everyday, but its up to you if you would like too or not.

Ma~:welcome: I'm sorry you have felt rejected by the forum. I stick to my WOW challenges and barely look at anything else.

:hug: Hi Emily and Mindy glad to see you.

Time for Tommy's swim lesson. No workout today, My body is tired from little sleep last night.

love2b150 07-05-2010 10:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Well I just came in from walking with my husband. I wanted to try the first part of the Couch to 5K schedule that I printed but he said not today, so I walked 3 1/2 miles. I always have to go to the bathroom when I go out walking. Can't wait until I can do 5 miles without having to pee (sorry if TMI). Drives my husband crazy. Hopefully we'll try it tomorrow. :) I'll be so proud of myself.

KimL1214 07-05-2010 10:08 PM

Hi Ladies!!!

Love the new name!!!

Kim, 26, Vermont... I work a ton and have very little play time, but I try to have as much fun as possible! I've been slightly distracted lately, but am back on track now!

7/6 WEED

W~ 90oz. H20
E~ 40 Min. Walk
E~ Stay in WW points
D~ Plan lunches for the rest of the week

Nixmom 07-05-2010 10:23 PM

365 days to do it, one WEED challenge at a time.

Hi girls! Independence day yesterday, Indulgence day today. Ugh. But it’s a fresh start here!

SW: 201.8
GW: 181.8 20lbs down by labor day

About me: 39 (as of yesterday), wife, mother of 1 DS (21) and 3 stepkids (10, 8, 5). Work in management for local government – and yes I WORK! J Been playing tag with 205 to 193 for last couple years. Determined to use EVERY DAY of the next 364 day to get Fit by 40. Today I blogged. Got my debt plan set up. And am committed to kick the smoking (broken record, eh?) and get my groove back. I really wanna hit my next decade in the best shape of my life. I’m gonna need you girls to keep me accountable!

WEEDers ROCK! Welcome all newbies. I Love these girls. Haven’t been here consistently to show it, but that’s about to change. Wish everyone luck on the Labor Day journey.

W: 64 or more
E: I wish I was a runner (Jen, Mtiggie). But I am going to try to build up my endurance and try C25K for the eleventy-billionth time.
E: 5 meals a day, no complex carbs after lunch, protein every meal, ditch the soda!
D: Fat Thirties to Fit Forty blogging. Daily check in on my 3FC blog That is my daily goal.

mothermavis 07-06-2010 06:29 AM

Happy Birthday Kris!

Ma2 and Love2, Sorry you felt left out, but we are awfully happy to see you, so jump right in with us!!

I am with Jeni, when I am on track, I try to post everyday and I am trying to be on track, so...., here we go

W 100 oz, need to get them all
E Going running tonight, but will likely be only about 2.5, supposed to be at least 90 here today, it's like running in a sauna. Don't know how those of you in the warmer climates do it! Also a walk at lunch, crunches before the shower and maybe the 160 some steps to my office this am
E Plan need to focus on planning ahead
D One choice at a time, and they are all mine to make

mtiger 07-06-2010 09:27 AM

Went back down a little today 177.2. It is a higher calorie day, so that should be fun. Working out outside is getting trickier. It is really hot. I walk/jogged last night but waited until almost 8:00. Time to get another free week trial at a gym...with air.

Welcome newbies. We will make you feel welcome here. Stick with us.

Runners??? Run on. I know it's not fun to start out, but the feeling you get from accomplishing a new goal is amazing. And that bathroom thing...I understand. I usually have to do more than pee. Not fun!!!

Mother and Nix- So happy to see you. We have got to stick together girls.
:celebrate: Happy Birthday Nixie baby!!! Make this the one.

PopcornGal 07-06-2010 10:05 AM

Back again and ready to push hard. It is good to see everyone and welcome to the new people.

I am a 46 year old yo-yo dieter. I am a married empty nester with two grown sons living in California. We have a dog that is like our "surrogate child". The dog is my exercise buddy when my husband is working. I also train the dog quite a bit as we do dog sports so you will see that often in my Daily goal.

This is a good group. I used to post to different groups but don't always have time so I stick to this one. I like to post a daily WEED and then report how it went when I post the next day's WEED. It helps me stay on track and be accountable. It also helps to break it down day by day so if I can only post to one group this is it. This group has been together for a while. Try not to be disappointed if you start a thread and no one responds. I don't think it is personal.

I will be needing your support as I still can't get my eating under control.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk after work
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - prepare some food for the week

Wishing everyone lots of good WEED today! :dizzy:

jcatron243 07-06-2010 10:41 AM

Good Morning Kim, welcome back!

Kris :hug: glad to see you back too!!! Happy Happy Birthday!

MM~I haven't had a really good run in a week. I love the new Machine at the Y since its an amazing calorie burner and I get to do the motion of running. I may run today though because I miss it so much.

Mindy~I hope you get your lows.

Popcorn~ :hug: I've been missing you!!

So the weather here is gonna be gorgeous. Its really our first day of summer :) I plan on working out then Maks swim team practice. then we have a thing at the library. After that we need to run to get some essentials at the grocery store. Then I hope to spend a good few hours out in the sun!! Then of course Tommy's swim lesson then home dinner and bed.

W 80 oz
E 50 minutes of cardio
E less than 1500 cals
D My big goal for the day is to have a good one!

emiloots 07-06-2010 02:42 PM

Hey Ladies!

So it's 100 degrees today, ugh! I hate hot weather - need to move on up to Canada or something. Too hot to cook tonight so it's salads and leftovers for us. Had yummy green curry for lunch at this great thai place by my house and went to the farm to pick up our share. Lots of potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce and herbs. We're overflowing with basil at home so I'm going to try my hand at pesto tonight - hopefully it turns out well.

Welcome to all the newcomers, I'm not the best at posting every day but try to check in a few times a week.

W - as much as I can stomach, soooo hot here
E - does sitting in the air conditioning count?
E - doing pretty good so far, salad for dinner
D - finish up the laundry from the weekend, get some reading in before bed

love2b150 07-06-2010 05:50 PM

Hi Ladies ... posted this question on other threads but no answer yet and I'm a little anxious :D

I am hoping I can get some advice from you all. I seem to be stuck at 182.6. From what I've been reading and if I am understanding correctly is if my calories allowed are supposed to be:

Ex Fat Loss
Monday 1497
Tuesday 1497
Wednesday 1796
Thursday 1497
Friday 1497
Saturday 1646
Sunday 1497

... and I am burning about 400 calories walking, do I need to eat 400 calories more calories on top of the 1497 to 1796 to loss weight. Gonna try this zigzag.

jcatron243 07-06-2010 06:58 PM

Emily~yumm I love pesto. Its at about 75 here which is the nicest we have had all year.

Rennie~How long have you been stuck? If you have been doing the same thing for a while now then you are doing great at maintaince. Now its time to either increase your workout or lower your calories (a bit). I wouldn't increase your calorie intake because of working out. Calorie zigzaging is a great way to keep your body guessing, but watch out that you dont start to binge one day then starve yourself the next. (I'm speaking from experience)

So my morning workout didn't happen because my children who are almost always awake by 7am decided to sleep in today. well, HMMM. It happened last week to. So I am heading over now, before Tommy's swim lesson.

Everything else is going well!

love2b150 07-06-2010 07:23 PM

Hi Jeni, I have only been stuck for 3 days, and I was just told to give it a week and see what happens. I am hoping that this changes. I just started my journey on 6/1 and did much better than I thought. No, I'm not ready to quit/give up. I just showed my husband who has only told me THAT'S GREAT on a text, how much room I have in my jeans. His eyes got pretty big. I just put a second hole in my belt this is crazy. But a good crazy :D I am totally afraid of binging, I have only had 3 days in 35 days of snacking on a little of every snack I have (I ate the correct portion of each one) and that scared me. So I don't know what would happen if I just went all out. The good thing now is that the kids are home and the 3 oldest will say, "Are you supposed to eat that?" so they keep me OP.:)

Nixmom 07-06-2010 07:52 PM

Hey ladies!

Thanks for all of the B-day wishes. I am determined to give myself the gift of a great body for my 40th! I work for a City that has been riddled with continuous bomb, fire and booby trap attempts at our police department over the last 6 months. Today it got too close to home and a police car that was going to be serviced on the property I work at was found to have what appeared to be a bomb rig of some sort under the car. So with my nerves shot, we were all evacuated and sent home early. Only bonus, I got to get my workout in early! So I am on track for my WEED this week. :carrot:

Mtiggie – I am on it. Gonna pull through one work out at a time. Wanna run that 5k like you!!!! The heat here is deceiving right now. June gloom in the morning and then 85 by noon really throws me off. But I do enjoy the cooler mornings.

Popcorn – did you get your walk in? And did you make at least one good food choice today? You’re making progress! Don’t give up or give in!

Love2b- if you figure out the answer to beat the plateau, post it in bold. I’m gonna need it too! And go give your kids a big squish for helping you to stay tuned in. Sometimes their honesty is a blessing in disquise!

Jen – you are still the rock. Adjusting to the situation (sleepy kids) as opposed to blowing off what you need with excuses. Good girl. Keep it up!

Emiloots – I think I posted this before, but my sister (Emily) also does farm shares in Oregon and recently posted pics of her latest delivery! I wish I could find one around here. Enjoy your pesto and if you master a recipe, please share!

Okay chicks, off to shower and blog. Have a fantastic night and type to ya tomorrow!

hope4me 07-06-2010 10:08 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm back again too, just haven't gotten around to posting yet. I'm 39 years old, live with my fiance, and hope to go back to school next year for dental hygiene. I've fought my weight all of my life, but was at my heaviest at the first of this year. I want to be healthy and fit by 40 which will be in april of 2011. Since January I've lowered my cholesterol by 36 pts and my triglycerides by 46 pts. Progress...

Happy Birthday Nixmom!

W: drank all day
E: 1 hr WATP
E: 1448 calories
D: enjoyed the day with df

jcatron243 07-06-2010 10:14 PM

Rennie~weight loss is great in the beginning, then it slows down. Its constant vigilance and staying on track that keeps it coming off.

Kris~ :hug: I'm glaad your ok. Wow, thats scary.

Got my workout in today. 3.5 miles :woohoo: first time I broke the 3 mile mark in a while. It felt so so so good. then I did the row machine for 10 minutes. When they brought in the new machines, they took out my 2 favorite weight machines. Bummer, there is a whole lot of people upset about it.

OK gotta shower and hit the hay. Up at 215 for work tomorrw.

HI HOPE!! we posted at the same time.

love2b150 07-06-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixmom (Post 3373976)

Love2b- if you figure out the answer to beat the plateau, post it in bold. I’m gonna need it too! And go give your kids a big squish for helping you to stay tuned in. Sometimes their honesty is a blessing in disguise!

:bday2you:
I was told that 3 days is nothing give it a week and see what happens. But may have to change exercise/workout. But if I hear anything else I will surely let you know. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcatron243 (Post 3374178)
Rennie~weight loss is great in the beginning, then it slows down. Its constant vigilance and staying on track that keeps it coming off.

Jeni, that's what I've heard also, that it slows down. But hopefully I'll see a difference in the next week. I've been on track and I have lost inches I just don't know how much since silly me didn't take my measurements when I first started. But the saggy jeans and the extra holes in my belt mean a lot to me.

TIARA 07-07-2010 02:19 AM

hello everyone im back .. i know i say that a lot.. ive been so busy with workand fam drama is summer. but i am ready to continue on my weight loss journey..

hello to all of you old and new.. My name is Tiara.. im from hawaii and i am 22 years old. NO kids.. not even a pet.. but i dearly want a puppy of my own.
so many post dont really know where to start but ill start posting weekly to keep myself honest.. lol

my plan
w64++
e right now im walk/ jogging
e 1200- 1400 calorie counter
d my summer goal is to read and get a tan.. so thats what i will be posting in this section..

my starting weight is 236.. i believe we have 8 weeks till labor day so i would like to shoot for 22 pounds.. that would put me at my 2nd goal.. 214..

jcatron243 07-07-2010 05:24 AM

Tiara, welcome back always!!!

Tough night sleep. I didn't want to wake up this morning.

W 64 oz
E 35 cardio (I hope)
E1500 cals or less
D making it to the gym.

mothermavis 07-07-2010 06:48 AM

Morning all, running late as always...

W 100
E Elliptical tonight
E OP, POP
D Choose well!

hope4me 07-07-2010 12:26 PM

jcatron- Ick! what time did you have to be at work?

Today there will be no workout. I have my final weigh in for a Biggest Loser contest at work tomorrow and oddly I find if I workout the day before I weigh more. Guess my sore muscles retain water. Wish me luck, $400 bucks on the line!

W: drink plenty
E: rest day
E: just for today, no carbs (:fr: against my religion!) and eat very light
D: avoid the wonderful soft baked pretzels tonight where my pool team is playing tonight

love2b150 07-07-2010 12:40 PM

Ok let's do this:

I have finally stopped spotting and TOM is here

W-64 plus
E-none today Bible Study on Wednesday evening and too hot to walk in the a.m.
E-stay OP, no extra's
D-finish the never ending laundry (7 of us, must do laundry everyday to keep up, I was a slacker yesterday :()

Wow,:goodluck: Hope4me! Talk about incentive!

PopcornGal 07-07-2010 01:08 PM

Yesterday's WEED was successful! :carrot:

Today is going to be a little harder because I have a chock full schedule and a friend who wants to feed me when I stop by her house to help her with training her dog. :(

Hope4me - that is too cool on the Biggest Loser contest at your work. Do you think you will win? Either way I am sure it was a great incentive.

Love2b150 - I hate laundry. I cannot imagine having to keep up with it for seven of you.

Tiara - I am back again too. Let's stick with it for all this week and check in daily. That will be a step in the right direction.

Jeni - a bad night's sleep always sucks. Try not to let affect your day and get some rest tonight if you can.

Kris - what a scary day at work, hope today is better. BTW I did get my walk in yesterday and even though I was in pain on the first half mile I pushed through and did 3 miles.

Emily - how did the pesto turn out? How did you use it? I like it on pasta.

Sorry if I missed anybody - it has been crazy here at work.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - a mile walk squeezed in between three commitments tonight
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get in bed no later than 11:00

Today is going to be a tough one for me with my schedule and my dinner at my friends. I hope I can do it.

KimL1214 07-07-2010 01:52 PM

Being the brilliant person I am, I just realized that I didn't have this thread on my subscription... so I thought that no one had been posting... definitely wrong on that one!

jcatron243~ I'm always curious about what different people consider their essentials, what do you consider to be yours? I always need fruit and salad stuff.

emiloots~ How did your pesto turn out?

love2b150~ Are you keeping track of your inches lost?

Nixmom~ Scary stuff with the bomb set-ups!

hope4me~ That's amazing how well you have done lowering your cholesterol! Good luck today! Let us know how you do!

TIARA~ 22lbs. is totally doable!

PopcornGal~ Does your friend know you are trying to lose weight? You should mention it to her and see if she will tweak whatever she is cooking, so it's a better for you...

So I'm gonna take some snacks with me to work tonight and see if that will help with the evil restaurant food... So my goal for Labor Day is 20 lbs. I wanna bust into the 240s with a 248!

More then half way through the week!!!

emiloots 07-07-2010 02:57 PM

Hey ladies - gotta make this quick. Pesto turned out good, I used toasted walnuts instead of pine nuts (they are all sourced from China - seemed silly to pay so much for food grown across the world, with some questionable growing practices as well) made one batch with regular basil from my garden and another with the dark purple basil I got from the CSA. Turned out good, just kept adding ingredients until I liked the taste. We'll use it on pasta, brushetta, sandwich spreads etc...

Connor has his first swimming lesson yesterday at daycare - he loved it! Still really hot, don't have a clue what's for dinner - maybe salads again. I'll try to catch up on personals later!

W - 64+
E - maybe some abs tonight, no walking, too hot
E - been good so far so keep it up!
D - get the recycling together, reclaim our bedroom from the kids clothes piling up to be put away

love2b150 07-07-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimL1214 (Post 3375176)

love2b150~ Are you keeping track of your inches lost?

Actually Kim no I haven't been. I gave it some thought in the beginning but I thought that I would just be sad. So I didn't, now I wish I had. I said I would do it this morning and got up and my TOM was here a week early so I just skipped it yet again. I'll do it next week or whenever I go off.

TIARA 07-08-2010 12:59 AM

jeni.. thanks.. i Have thoes mornings too . i hate waking up at 540am but if i dont give myself a full hour to get ready id go to work looking like a hot mess..

hope4me.. 400 dollars wow.. i hope you win.. the most a friend n i ever bet was 50 butwhen she say me doing well she gave up and never paid me.. wateva..

popcorn. your on.. i will be looking for your posts too.. we need to keep ourself honest and come back here..lol

kim.. its funny we kinda have the same #'s in weight.. lets do it. 20 pounds in two months.. stay focus..

i saw this quote on someones signature it goes dont wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat..lol its so true.. im doing very well today. i taped in to 3 of my stress relivers. Baking, painting and reading. dont worrie i didnt eat what i baked.
w64
eboxing
e 1200 -1400
d fold laundry

jcatron243 07-08-2010 05:29 AM

Hope~I work 4am to 4pm. I wake up at 215 so I can get ready for my day.

I didn't get in a workout last night. It was our first day of summer around hear. 95 degrees. Its not going to last so I decided to sit in the sun for that time.

I'm not sure about todays workout. Its Thursday :) My last day of work for 4 days and it should be sunny.

mothermavis 07-08-2010 05:53 AM

Morning all!

Today is another scorcher in the Northeast! This is strange for us. Enjoy it while we can I guess...

W 100
E Running this afternoon, crunches this morning
E OP
D Keep at it, one choice at a time.

PopcornGal 07-08-2010 02:04 PM

Yesterday's WEED was successful. Got to bed around 11:30 but it was because my agility lesson didn't end until 10:00 followed by the long drive home. I went a little over the speed limit so I was lucky I didn't get a ticket. It helped that there was no traffic out at that time of night.

I also squeezed in a 1.67 mile walk between my three commitments. AND I only ate a hot dog in a bun at my friend's house. She tried to offer me potato salad and potato chips but I declined. I mostly work on portion control when I am out.

Tiara - Cool - we can definitely do this. Especially if we know the other is checking in. You are impressive - baking but not eating. I would really struggle. I have been craving oatmeal cranberry cookies but I know I would chow down the whole bunch. Maybe I should bake them and then mail them to the boys.

Jen - what is your job that gets you up so early?

Emily - too fun for Connor. I can still remember my youngest son going to three week swim camp at 5. He cried every morning for the first two days and my mom refused to leave him there. So I had to play bad cop and be the one to take him and she did pick up. He asked my husband who was going to take care of him while he was there - AND our older son who was 8 was with him!!!! He whined the whole three weeks and on the last day when we went for observation he put his face in the water and swam across the pool. We still laugh about how he learned to swim the last day. One year on swim team a couple of years later perfected his skills. When he was a boy scout he went on two high adventure trips that involved water/swimming. Enjoy these memories with your kids - they are priceless.

love2b150 - don't worry too much about the measuring. The way your clothes feel is another indicator.

kim - 20 lbs. by labor day seems doable.

mothermavis - I am glad you are enjoying the hot weather. It is still too hot for me right now.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - no time today; if my 1st class is cancelled then 30 minutes of aerobics
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - try to get to bed by 11:00

It is going to be another rough night for me. I won't get home from class until 10:00 and I have to make something for the barbecue at work tomorrow.

Have a great WEED day everyone!

emiloots 07-08-2010 03:39 PM

Hey ladies!

Not as hot here, but still in the 90's (thank goodness for central air!). Did pretty good today, had a curried chicken panini for lunch at this indian fusion place (basically and pizza/sandwhich place but with authentic indian food in and on them) for lunch, a bit of an indulgence but not over the top. No clue what's for dinner again, I find that when I'm really busy at work, I'm much less likely to have it together at home.

Jeni - enjoy your days off this weekend

Mavis - I don't know about you but I'm done with this heat!

Popcorn - good job on fitting the walk in!

W - 64+
E - ?
E - Doing well so far, eat a healthy dinner and no snacking after!
D - read some more of my book, go to bed early b/c I'm really tired today

jcatron243 07-08-2010 07:50 PM

Kim~my must haves are yogurt, protein shakes, peanut butter, salad and chicken breast.

Popcorn, I work in a food processing plant that runs 24/7. I work 12 hour shifts and the 4-4 is actually a great shift.

Everyone else~more tomorrow. Ihave to head to swim lessons.

hope4me 07-08-2010 11:16 PM

Breaking News: I Won The Biggest Loser Challenge At Work!!!

Yay! Thank you all for keeping me in check this last month and taking me in here. It has helped to have some extra support. I'm excited to have won something that took perseverance. It started in January and I was just praying to still be on track when it was over. I never thought when I started that I might win. But yay!!