Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #61  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I feel like I'm sliding back with my push-ups, but my arms are tired today from all the work I put them through yesterday. Also, 15 is still better than the 6 I did in my initial test.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

Hi ladies! I've been taking it slowly, I don't want any injuries so I've been giving myself 2 rest days in between push up days. Today was Day 1 of week 3, column 3. It was a breeze! I've officially worked up to column 3! I'm going to go for day 2 on Friday! I'm being bold. I'm stronger, I can tell!

I wonder if I'll ever actually get up to 100 push ups? Anyone feel like their arms are bulky? Maybe I need to stretch more bc y arms feel a little tight and thick. Have a goos day, all!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #63  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am doing great. My IRL challenge partner got home last night from a week long trip and I made him do Push-ups before he had even un-packed.

I did week 3 day 2 yesterday and it was hard! But I had also done the 30DS a couple of hours earlier and that is quite a bit of shoulders there too.

I am seeing definition in my arms and I did gain about 1/2 an inch on my biceps last time I measured, but I am not feeling hulky or anything. I just tell people I want Michelle Obama arms.

knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #64  
Persist Until I Succeed!

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

This sounds like a really fun challenge! I think I'll give it a try. I dont' have a lot of strength when it comes to push ups. I have a lot to push up...more than most because I have REALLY gigantic boobs!! LOL!

I did the initial test a few minutes ago and only managed to do 2 (good form, regular ) pushups. Got a lot of work to do!

I'll start day 1 week 1 tomorrow.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #65  

angieaang - it's ok, ya gotta start somewhere. I started at 6 (and the last couple were shaky), the most I've been able to do so far is 19 (the last couple are still shaky), and that was after only 3 weeks. I feel ya with the boobs being a problem. I was a 42FF when I started this weight loss thing. I'm a 35D+ now, so they are still not little, but not huge anymore. I have no idea how you feel about yours or if you need firming/toning (most of us big girls do), but push-ups are also a good chest exercise and they may help you tone them up. I haven't noticed a difference myself, but hubby says I am firmer just in the few weeks I've been doing the push-ups.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #66  

hey i'm a part of the big boobie club too! mine have gone down since starting this challenge. 36DD starting, but now my bras are baggy!

so i did week 3, day 2, column 3 today... and i ROCKED it! ya man! finally building strength up again
Old 02-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #67  
Cute and fun to be with

Angieaang. The more the merrier for this challenge.

Sadly I am not in the large boobie camp, so I have no advice on that topic. I would still be an A if I hadn't gained all this weight.

I did week 3 day 3 yesterday and after the work out I gave my back and shoulders the day before, it was tough. But I powered through. My IRL challenge partner is a day behind me this week, so I am going to do week 3 day 1 again today, just so he had some company.
'Cause I am nice....
Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #68  
Persist Until I Succeed!

Thanks for the welcome ladies!! I haven't started the challenge yet. I'm going to start it on Monday so I can fit all three days in the same week. Do you think I should redo the initial test this weekend? I probably won't do much better than the 2 I pushed out a couple days ago. But I'm looking forward to really strengthening my arms. I'm hoping to develop some nice looking muscles in the process (ya know...the kind you can show off! hee hee!)
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #69  

I don't think you have to do the initial test again, you know you did 2! if you would rather, you can do them on your knees (like me), so you can build up faster. And then yes, that would require another test. Good luck Monday! Let us know
Old 03-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #70  
Cute and fun to be with

I failed!!!! I did day 1 of week 4 yesterday and I collapsed in the middle of the last set, before I got to the minimum number. I reset and finished, but I wasn't able to do it all in one go!!!

Actually I am just being melodramatic.

I think I over did it last week with fight practice and not taking any days off from the challenge. I am not doing anything today, except maybe yoga or something strech-y but not strenuous, and I will be back at it again tomorrow, hopefully rested and ready to go.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #71  

knobhdy- i feel ya! is this your first attempt at week 4? I did that on my first attempt at week 3! could NOT do it, haha. but well done resetting and finishing!

i did day 1 week 4 today! little tougher than day 3 of last week, so I took longer breaks between sets, which I think helped. I finished up each set with good form, and very few audible grunts even so, I think I'll rest 2 days to do day 2... we'll see how I feel tomorrow!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #72  
Persist Until I Succeed!

Hi ladies!

Trying to do regular push ups is just not working for me right now. I'm too heavy!! I think I'm going to re-start the program and do the knee push ups and then build up from there. But I think if I stay consistent on this program, I'll have the arms I want by July (when I go to Disneyworld)!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #73  

I haven't been doing my push-ups. I feel bad and guilty, but I have a cold that is mostly in my chest. I can barely breathe sometimes and there are days where I have done no exercise at all. I haven't given up though. I'll be back at it as soon as I can.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #74  
Cute and fun to be with

Angieaang -- No worries about knee push-ups. You will still get a great work out and before you know it, you will be wondering who that woman is doing all those push-ups.

FitGirlyGirl -- Hang in there. Being sick is never fun and really kills your motivation. I lost half of February to it so I totally understand. Don't feel guilty, just get back on the horse. Remember that you can always recommit to exercise, and eating right; any (and every) day can be a new beginning.

Me? I am just barely hanging in there, so I practice what I preach. Week 4 has been super hard for me and I have been thinking of redoing week 3. But I got through all the sets last night, so we will see how I feel on Thursday. At least I am taking days off in between push-up days, which seems to be really helping. But I think if I don't repeat week 3 and 4, I may need to only do push-ups on the days I am doing push-ups. Combining push-ups and strength training is really doing a number on my shoulders.

Last edited by knobhdy; 03-03-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #75  

angie, def do knee push ups if they're easier for you! I'm doing em on my knees too

Fitgirlygirl, hope you're feeling better soon! and jump back in the challenge when u are!

knobhdy, maybe try doing an easier column in the same week? When I was stuck on week 3, I did column 2 and worked back up. In fact, I think I may have to do that again...

I did week 4, column 3, day 1 again. Ouch! I think I'll drop it down to week 4, column 2 and build back up to column 3. Ouch, ouch, ouch! haha

Last edited by shasha12; 03-04-2010 at 10:34 AM.