Old 01-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 268/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

oops, I mean Monday, not tomorrow... boy I'm really wanting to burn time!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #32  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Is anyone else having more issue with the rest periods than the push-ups themselves? I get so bored resting for a full 60-90 seconds and I can't imagine how crazy making tomorrow is going to be since it will be my first 120 second day. Does anyone know why there are such long rests? Do we really need to rest so long or can we move into the next set when we're ready to?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #33  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Is anyone else having more issue with the rest periods than the push-ups themselves? I get so bored resting for a full 60-90 seconds and I can't imagine how crazy making tomorrow is going to be since it will be my first 120 second day. Does anyone know why there are such long rests? Do we really need to rest so long or can we move into the next set when we're ready to?
I don't do the full rest; maybe 30 seconds or so, just until I feel okay to do the next set.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

Quote:
I don't even see where it says to rest for 90 or 120 seconds. Maybe I'm missing something. I rest 60 secs. I need it on the last few sets!

Last edited by shasha12; 01-31-2010 at 11:48 AM.
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks, Fressca and Eliana. I've changed the angle of my elbows a little more out to the side, and that helped me finish today's workout. Actually, I got rolling on the last (max) set and forgot to remember where the wall was in relation to my forehead... duh! The workout kinda ended itself. Today was a good day.

How long are ya'll waiting between your final workout and the exhaustion test?

I'm probably not waiting the full time in between sets like it recommends. Mostly I jiggle my arms, do big arm swings, "stir the pot," and such till my arms feel ready to rock again. The more pushups I'm doing, the longer it takes between sets. That pot stirring thing is great. I got it from the P90X workout. You spread your legs about hip width, bend from the waist and dangle one arm straight down to the floor. Now make big swinging circles with that arm, just like you're bending over stirring a great big pot of soup. Really helps your shoulders recover.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #36  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
I'm way too ADD to wait 60+ seconds! I have actually been hopping up and doing something with my legs during that time. Today I did lunges with hand weights. But then each time I was ready to do more push ups I stared at the floor for a while thinking, "I have to get down there again??!" LOL!

But I did it! And I can't believe how much better I did today! I'm repeated workout 1 week 1 to get myself on track better and I was impressed with how much easier it was! And I think that's good because maybe my form was better. I know my nose almost touched the floor!! Well, at least it did for the first two sets. I'm pretty sure my form went down hill after that.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 268/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Just Checking in...

My first day is done!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #38  

Thanks guys! Today according to the plan I am supposed to rest for 120 seconds, but I think I will either shorten it or do something else, possibly both.

Eliana - that's the problem, I am actually diagnosed ADHD. Though my H had gone away for quite sometime due to all the extra weight. I'm starting to get it back now. It is very hard for me to just sit and do nothing for a full minute. I am working on that with attempts at meditation, but right now it's just crazy making for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #39  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Shasha, check out the blue box about the set numbers for each day. It tells you the day and how long to rest.

For me, I have a IRL partner on this challenge as well as all you lovely chicks, so he rests while I push-up and then I rest while he pushes -up. I do not time my rests though, so I am probably not doing the full time. I wait 'til my arms come back and then go again.

I missed pushing-up over the weekend. I was supposed to do my next endurance test, and start week 3 (if I can). I will do the test tonight and then begin the next week on Tuesday.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #40  

I'm having fun with this. I forget about the challenge for a couple days, then it's "oooh! it's pushup day!" Never thought I'd be able to do 30 pushups in a row.

Congrats, NightAngel!
Knobhdy, how'd you do on the endurance test?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #41  

Have you guys seen that the website also has challenges for sit-ups, squats, and pull-ups? I don't want to do too much at once so I am going to ignore the pull-ups and squats (for now), but since I already have a 10,000 crunches in 2010 goal I am looking at the program for sit-ups now.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #42  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies!

I didn't do the endurance test this on Sunday; turns out I am getting sick. But after 2 days of no push-ups, I wanted to do push-ups even though my head was pounding. I restarted week 2 cause I figured with being sick, I would not push myself so to speak. I did do 21 push-ups in the last all you can do set though, so that's way better than I did last week. Even with the flu.
It does leave me a week behind, but I think in the end it will be good for me.

FitGirlyGirl, I did see the other challenges. In fact I am planning to do the crunches challenge when push-ups are finished. Then maybe squats, not sure about that one though. Not a fan of squats!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #43  

Third week, 1st day. ow. ow ow ow! just barely finished. I'm counting the last wobbly one - I earned that bad boy! Good luck this week, everyone.

Knobhdy, sorry you're feeling down. Probably better to wait till you're better. Imagine how your head would pound on the up-stroke. ugh. jack hammer. at least my head would for sure.

I'd love to try another challenge. Squats for sure. Abs, maybe. I can't do one crunch. This month I'm working on low level rehab exercises to help my abs and low back get stronger, so maybe I'll be ready in March.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

knobhdy haha thanks, i was searching that website for the rest times! hello!!

this is technically week 3 for me--i'm in column 3, but it's been too hard! I had to do day 1 of w3 on weds, and I'm going to do it again today. The sets were easier weds than they were mon, I just hope they're easy enough today for me to feasibly move on to actually doing week 3 next week! but my arms do feel super toned!! i'll take it

I'm actually doing both the squat and sit up challenge with my IRL workout buddy. Today is day 3 of week 3 for both of us, and we're both feeling good still!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #45  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I don't know. This pace is just maybe too much for me. I'm doing regular on-my-toes push ups but my form is not yet good. I'm struggling to get my nose anywhere close to the floor and I'm not convinced my rear is down, though putting a pillow under my pelvis as a guide has helped. I'm not making the gains I thought I would. I think I'm now able to do four push ups with good form whereas when I started I couldn't do even one with good form. But as far doing the program and starting week 2, I'm not convinced "week 1 one is COMFORTABLY behind me with good form" as the website suggests. I think I may do week 1 again but move up to column 2. I don't know.

I'm still in. I just think this program may be for people who weigh a little less than me. I've read that push-ups have us lifting 40% of our weight. That's about 80 lbs for me. I feel good about what I can already do given that.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote