Old 01-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #16  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hang in there ladies. We can conquer these push-ups!
Tonight I am starting week 2!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

week 2 for me tonight, too! awoowoo
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #18  

HAHA! ok i know this is a little silly, but...

at work today I folded my arms across my chest so that my hands were resting on my upper arms, as I often have done, to feel the fat on the back of my upper arms.

IT'S ALMOST GONE!!! I mean, it's totally not as squishy as it used to be, there's like half as much there left to grip, and my arm on the whole is smaller!!

yaaaaaaaay
Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #19  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'll do the test tonight. But one of my goals is regular push-ups.

Initial Test:
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

100 Push-ups!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #20  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm so ready for this!

Initial: 6; rank 2
Week 1: 10; 11; 13 - Day 3 sucked, but yay for having week 1 over and done
Week 2: 12; 14
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Last edited by FitGirlyGirl; 02-06-2010 at 07:21 PM.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #21  
Calorie counter

I just did the test and apparently it was quite funny. My husband chuckled all the way through it. Apparently I can not do a push-up without my rear in the air! LOL! I tried really hard. I could only do three without collapsing in laughter because DH was laughing so hard!

But, on the plus side, he got down to show me how to do it. Then I crawled underneath him and he did push-ups over me. That was kind of fun. So any way you look it...I won.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #22  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am so glad so many people have come to join us.

Eliana, my cat totally knows how you feel. He likes to park himself under me when I am doing push-ups. When I go up he stands, when I go down he crouches. When I can go all the way down, he will be very unhappy!

My IRL push-up partner is out of commission, so I am pushing up by myself this week. I also had to change my days to Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday cause of class and practice, so this week, (the transition) has been really off. On the bright side, cause of my wacky schedule I ended up doing 4 days of push-ups this week.
Sunday I have my Week 2 endurance test, so I am looking forward to seeing how much I have improved from the initial test.

Shasha, I totally hear you on the arms. In the last 3 months I have gained .5 inches on my biceps. But its a good thing cause no giggling!

I blame push-ups and weight lifting. Of course I also blame them for the 1.5 inch loss on my thighs!!! Each thigh!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #23  
Calorie counter

Knobhdy, you and your cat need to be on Funniest Home Videos. That sounds hilarious!

So it's ok that I can't quite go all the way down? I try really hard and I know I'll get better at it. And I swear my butt is down!! Without DH there, I can't tell.

I did Week 1 exercise 1 today. I think I'll repeat it on Monday and start with a new week M/W/F. I started mid-week and that messes with my head. I think that first week I could use an extra workout anyway because I'm finding this really hard on my toes. I'm working hard on form.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #24  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Eliana - I have butt issues too. I am putting my hand weights under me, one at my abs and one at my hips and aiming to just touch them. It gives me a goal for how low to go and it helps me stay lined up properly and keep my booty down.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #25  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Eliana - I have butt issues too. I am putting my hand weights under me, one at my abs and one at my hips and aiming to just touch them. It gives me a goal for how low to go and it helps me stay lined up properly and keep my booty down.
Excellent idea! I was thinking video tape myself? Uh...no. I like the weights idea, or anything really that you can feel at the hips.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Uhhhhg! Week 2, day 2, and I'm wiped! You guys are doing them on the floor, right? How in the world....? I'm working out against a wall and I can't imagine doing a single solid horizontal pushup. Anybody having any twinges, like rotator cuff or wrists? How are you handling it?
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #27  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing80 View Post
Uhhhhg! Week 2, day 2, and I'm wiped! You guys are doing them on the floor, right? How in the world....? I'm working out against a wall and I can't imagine doing a single solid horizontal pushup. Anybody having any twinges, like rotator cuff or wrists? How are you handling it?
I just did them on the wall to see what you're talking about. I had lots of wrist crackling which I don't get when I'm doing them on the floor. (And just to be clear, my form is NOT good on the floor! I'm not sure I am doing them on the floor, but I'm attempting. )

Also, wall push ups were recommended to me when I had rotator cuff problems. I inherited a bad shoulder and wall push ups are good exercises for that. I suggest knowing the difference between good sore and pain. If you experience pain, stop and rest for a good long time. Then maybe start again but much slower and with fewer reps. You do NOT want rotator cuff issues, believe me. When mine is bad I can raise my arms over my head, but it's excruciating to lower them again. I can't get things out of my cupboards.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #28  

Initial test: 15 (100 seems pretty far fetched right now!!)

Week 1: My max was 15! And it hurt, ouch!
--Ok, I reread the challenge and it turns out I'm supposed to do my weekly test on a different day after Day 3! So I did that this week...
Week 2: I did 30!!!! WOW remember now, I'm doing them on my knees. I think once I hit 100, I'll restart the challenge doing traditional pushups on the toes!
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Old 01-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #29  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Hi all just finished week 1 - I can't believe I'm actually doing this! It feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing80 View Post
I'm doing them on my knees; it's a challenge, but I don't have any physical issues (so far).
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 268/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I wanna join!

Lemmie c about my trial: Ok, so I can only do 1 good form, and 5 on my knees (they called these girl push ups when I was a kid). So, I am level one... no surprise, this is one of my weakest things.
I will start week 1 Tomorrow (Monday the 31 of Jan)... good luck to you all!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote