Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies - I'd love to join! My name is Emily, I'm a 29 year old mom to two boys, Connor (3) and Desmond (9 mo.). I work full time, my husband is an engineer and works insane hours so finding time to focus on me has been hard lately. Prior to having kids I was ~135 lb and very active, went to the gym, personal trainer etc... I gained 40+ with Connor, still had 15 left to lose when I got pregnant with Desmond, so overall I have about 30-35lb to lose. To add to the stress and workload I'm starting my Master's degree in January! So, if I don't get my eating/diet under control now it's going to be even harder later.

W - 80+oz per day - I've been Diet Pepsi free for 3 days and still going strong. It's probably one of the worst things I can put in my body so no more!
E - Walking or working out on the Gazelle 3x per week
E - I'm following Weight Watchers because it's worked for me in the past, 24-29 points per day
D - Breathe...Recently I've definitely noticed when my stress level goes through the roof, I need to breathe, relax and try and be positive - usually what's stressing me out isn't really worth it anyways.

Week 1 Weight: 163
I would love to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of this challenge!

Last edited by emiloots; 11-02-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added week 1 weight
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Welcome Newbies! Glad you've joined us!

MM- I too enjoy a Coor's Light. I agree with you about finding things you enjoy. I go to step aerobics and hate to miss. I forgot how much I enjoy step class!

JCat- I totally grazed out on the Halloween treats yesterday. How is it that one little bit doesn't cut it with that stuff? Loved your "D"

JL- WTG on the loss and the walk!

MTig- Here's hopin for that whoosh for you

Nursie- Glad to see things are looking up for you.

Nix- You are on fire!

Jelly- I kept losing and gaining the same 3 pounds and then I gained 15. I share your pain.

Today was good. I ate within range, got the water in, and completed C25K Week 5 finally. I may do the 20 minute run again before moving on because I haven't ran in weeks.

Tomorrow:

W- 6-8 glasses
E- Mindful and on plan
E- Step Aerobics
D- I feel better when I eat healthy

Last edited by Grazer; 11-02-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #18  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I love seeing all this activity. I am Mindy. I am a 49 year old single (sort of) 4th grade school teacher. My children are 24DD, 21DS. I am at a real turning point in life, in so many ways. I am similar to Olivia. I have lost 70 pounds and want to lose 30 more. I have been stuck for the past 2 months now. Trying to up cardio and have one good cheat meal a week. Hey, it worked in July.

After getting down to 177.6 last month, I am back up to 181 today. But surprise, surprise. TOM started today. I didn't expect it until later this week. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens now.

Thank you to my well wishers. Somethings gotta give eventually, right??
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #19  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I Feel The Need! The Need For Weed!!!!!

Hello my little poopsies!!! Just got back from W4D1 of bootycamp. I am changing and it feels like new life breathed into me every night I finish!

I put my scale away ~ FOUGHT LIKE **** NOT TO CHEAT AND WEIGH IN TODAY!!!! How can a little machine have so much power! I will win this battle!

Welcome Zoochick, TheBunneh, emiloots,

zoochick777~ Nothing like being a strong and smart woman! You keep at it. The rewards sneak up on ya and suddenly POW you are in the race. Good for you to get back in the game!
mavie ~ your kids would shudder if they thought that their momma was moping around because they are off build their bright future! You perk up little one! Enjoy your time and use it to rack up some victories every day to share with them when you see/talk to them. You could have kids with no motivation to go out into the world. Your down moments can be turned into full elation for your strong success bound babies!

TheBunneh~ 50lbs is fantastic!!!!! And do yourself a favor and give your self credit for an NSV(non scale victory) EVERY DAY!!!!! Did you pass up a piece of candy, or complement someone else (helps ya come outta your shell!), or simply get all your water in? Well this thread is a fabulous place to share those things! I find it encourages me to stay on task... its the old "if they can, I can too!" (Don't use this theory when others are eating junk food though ) Welcome aboard!

jcat ~ all I can say is you are an ANIMAL. I guilt myself into showing up for class at night. You friggin kick start your day with motivation and a plan. ROCK IT CHICKIE!

jelly~ another huge success in the health arena, brought on by persistance and a realistic process for getting to where you wanna be. Keep it up... its obviously working! And keep on that school, no matter how long it takes!

Nchelle ~ XOXOXOXOXOXO so proud of you and I absolutely to the core of me understand that sometimes life has to knock you on your @$$ to get you to look up and remember who is in control, and what He has planned is where you need to lay your worries. You carving an amazing path and will be blessed for taking the time and truly facing fears. You are seeing the results.... I cant want to hear whats in your future

Mtiggie - you are single. You are a whole person, and you are listening!!! Feelings aren't facts, you don't have to react to them..... (sorry - a little tid bit of wisdom from my AA daddy! Be good to yourself, and you will teach others to be good to you! Dont know where all that came from, but felt like I needed to tell you.

emiloots ~ my lil sis is an Emily!!! I love me some Emily's! We will be here for you every lb of the way!

Grazer - psst... so glad you made it back to posting. I was looking for you girlie! Add me to the beer lovers list, and mark me as #1 on the deprived of beer list at the moment. I have been bad about my water. Wanna be my water buddy for the week?

Uggh... okay, fiance is headed to bed, I need to be too.... so good to catch up. Love the activity here..... Lets beat the butterball season and DO WORK girls!

Last edited by Nixmom; 11-02-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 AM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Emily! I know how tough it is finding the me time required for working out. My kids were about your kids' age when I started and every time I would get on my exercise bike it they would need or want something. That was over 3 years ago. I made my me time, and then I joined a gym with a child care room when my workouts got longer. You can do it (even if it is a little bit here and there!)

Kris~guilting yourself there is okay, at least you are going and I know you have a great sense of achievement when you are done. Look at you 4 w1d in and still going. You only have what, two weeks left?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I work today and the scale was way up. I think water retention from sore muscles and the extra working out yesterday. My shoulder is fine but my legs are stiff I really need to stretch after my workouts. New session of swim lessons start today. It will be an early one for us Its from 530-605 I think it may be tough on the kids because DH wont be home from work to watch, but it is only one session.

W 80 oz
E the product we are running makes me do extra laps.
E 1200 clean cals (no problem here, Its easy to stick to when I work)
D stick to the plan!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Kris, you are rocking it! Funny that you mention my kids, because I told my hubby the same thing, I am having such a hard time with this and they are exactly where I want them to be, doing what I want them to do for themselves, so I need to suck it up!!

Grazer, glad to see you are back! Step class huh? Sounds like it could be interesting. I used to take a Body Pump class that I loved but the gym is gone now. Perhaps I will see if it's offered elsewhere. There is a gym near work but none near home.

Jeni, you are my idol, consitency is where i need to improve.

NM, Glad you are doing so well! Everyone in school! Strange isn't it?

OK, love you all but if I personal everyone every morning I don't have time to exercise and work, so I am going to personal where I can and not worry about when I can't.

New friends!!! glad you are here! Look forward to getting to know you better by Christmas!

W 100 oz
E OP, none of that leftover Halloween candy everybody borught to work!
E Elliptical this am, stairs at work and the hula hoop tonight during commercials!
D I am worth it!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #22  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

hi everyone...sorry i disappeared. my laptop needs a new harddrive so i haven't been online in a while. i'll try and post when i can but i might be sporadic the next week or so.

oops, here's my intro for the new folks:
my name is ella and i'm 28. i teach music for a living and love what i do. my schedule allows me plenty of workout time and i usually take good advantage of that. my struggles lie in planning ahead (workouts, meals, dishes etc)

in june i was down to 157 and during the summer (no gym membership, 5 weeks of company) was back up to 164 as of oct 1. i've been doing great exercise wise since then but need some more structure in the meal dept.

since i jumped in at the very end of halloween challenge, i just want to share with you all that i met my 5lb goal for october--159.2!!! no one was more surprised than me! i've never lost that much in a month. i think it was partly easier because they were "yoyo pounds" but we'll see how hard it gets now...i'm motivated though and things have been going pretty well.

i'm done being bummed about the last few months of anti-progress and i'm glad to see the scale going in the right direction again

for this challenge i'm going to try for 149--10 pounds. i'll be thrilled if i can do it...sounds terrifyingly hard, but i'm in this. if i get under 150...can't even describe the excitement. heck, i'm still happy about being under 160 again!

WEED for now:
W 64
E swimming 5 times a week, nordic track on non swimming days
E focus on eating more veggies, only one diet soda per day, lots of protien
D one day at a time, make good choices in each moment, dont get overwhelmed
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #23  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!!! My goal this week is to post every morning, even if it is just to post my WEED. Then I'll pop back later in the day to do personals, say hi or whatever. Depends on what my schedule is that day. Today.

W- 4 liters (got all 4 yesterday!)

E- Gym today at 2:30-4 (did 1hr 15 min yesterday, a little upper and lower body, abs, 45 min cardio, did great!)

E- Fiber one and apple done. snack will be celery with little bit of crunchy reduced fat Jif pb. Lunch will be subway and fruit...apples? or grapes. snack if I need one is carrots and broc with FF Hidden Valley ranch (Holy crap it's good for FF dressing!) dinner...turkey with ????? veggies. salad? zucchini or squash? maybe sweet potato fries? Need to think to plan more. Brown rice? maybe i'll make a big pot of brown rice with veggies to portion out for the week? Try to get in a whey shake today?

D- Today will be the AA 3rd step prayer. Thy will be done, not MY will be done. Working on turning my life over to His will, letting go of control. So I say this prayer every morning when I wake up and every night before bed.

The Third Step Prayer

from page 63 of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
God, I offer myself to Thee-
To build with me
and to do with me as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self,
that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties,
that victory over them may bear witness
to those I would help of Thy Power,
Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
May I do Thy will always!

I have group this morning 9-11 (been off sick for TWO WEEKS!) then meeting 12n-1p, meet with my sponsor for lunch then gym.

Have a great day gals!!!! Oh and the 248 may not have been a fluke! It said 247.5 this morning. Keep the momentum going! xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #24  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, and thank you for the warm welcomes! =)

I did awesome yesterday, until the evening and I totally blew it. I don't even know why, I didn't even really want the stuff I ate. That seems to be what happens though. I have a really good day and feel good about it then suddenly I feel the need to ruin everything. I'm starting to think it's subconsciously on purpose because I want to prove myself right when I say I can't do it. I need to stop this cycle.

My WEED for today:

W[ Get to the 64oz mark
E [ At least 20 minutes of some type of cardio, 20 of pilates/weights
E [ 1,700 Cals max. Stay away from the candy/cookies/chips/whatever other kind of junk calls to me at night.
D [ I know I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. I can do whatever I set my mind to, if I truly let myself try.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #25  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Hi, I am going to join this wonderful group of ladies too!

My name is Tessa and I am married to a wonderful man named Steve. We don't have kids, but we have a colorful cat named Meeko. By 'colorful,' I mean nuts! I think I just saw her run by with a tampon in her mouth...sigh.

I am a preschool teacher...I love my job, but it can be VERY stressful!

Steve and I were married on October 25th, 2008 (a little over a year ago). Yeah...that is what I am blaming this weigh gain on. I've never had to worry about cooking for another person...so I've wanted it to be good! We started having desserts almost every night...pretty soon I found myself up 10 pounds from where I was at a year ago!

Right now I weigh 165 lbs! Eak! How did that happen? In high school I weighed 220lbs, but which a combination of Taebo, the gym, and slimfast I slowly made my way down to low 150s.

Ok...let's do this!

W: Ok...I am horrible at drinking water. So, this is a great thing for me. I will try for 72 oz to start out. So far...I have 0...oh oh

E: Yeah...so I finally canceled my gym membership because I went to it like five times in the past year. I had so much luck with Taebo that I wanted to try something like that again...my Taebo tapes were VHS...so I did research and decided on Turbo Jam! I've done it twice so far and love it! So Turbo Jam at least five days a week!

E: I've had the most luck with slimfast. I am going to have one for breakfast, one for lunch with soup/sandwich, and a sensible supper.

D: Stay away from the bad snacks at work!
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #26  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Ok...the first post was my introductory...going to see how I am doing so far today.

W: Hmmmm according to this botle of water I've had 2 oz. I have a ways to go...lol

E: I am going to exercise after work. I already hear Turbo Jam calling my name!

E: So far I am doinig awesome today eating. I had both of my Slimfasts so far. I had half of a sandwhich with some carrots.

D: I had some animal crackers at work...but just a couple! I didn't gorge! I won't have any more this afternoon though...I promise!

JC, yeah...give it a few days and the scale will start making it's way down again. Uk...yeah, stretching is important. I hope you are feeling better!

Ella, that is how it usually is for me too. I can get one thing (eating or exercise) under control, but not the other. I hope this place helps us pull it togetherr WTG on making your 5lb challenge! Awesome!

Michelle, wtg yesterday! I hope today goes as well! Two weeks you've been sick??? Yuck! Hope you are all better now.

Bunneth, I actually did the same hting yesterday...did great all day and the gorged at night. Don't feel bad. Today is a new day...I hope your rday is going well.

Ok...I need to head back to work...I snuck on here during my lunch hour. I'll bbl!
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #27  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

hi tessa, nice to meet you!

i'm off to drop my computer at the repair shop so i'll hopefully be talking with you all soon...
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #28  
Portion Control

I am in!!!!

After a 40 lb. weight loss two years ago and letting almost all of it creep back on I need a challenge and a group to help me.

I am a 45 year old empty nester, career dieter and my exercise buddies are my dog and my husband (when our schedules coordinate). My biggest struggle is eating in the evening.

W - 64 oz. +

E - at least 1/2 hour cardio

E - 1200-1300 calories a day

D - training the dog

I will try to check in daily to help meet my goals.

Week 1 - 167 lbs.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 11-03-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to list starting weight in post
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #29  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm in such a cool mood today. Very thoughtful and very philosophical. God works in such amazing and beautiful ways in my life. Interesting things happened today.

I was at the grocery store and a dear, dear friend called me out of the blue. She was so sad, in a personal and professional crisis. Seemed to be coming from a horrible place but reached out to me, and I didn't make the situation worse! LOL In fact I may have helped her by talking to her and using some of my recovery knowledge. I mean, just me working my own program, cleaning house, getting well, made me a better friend to others. I'm learning how to say the right things, how to help others (a little, don't let me toot my own horn) and I'm proud that I was able to help someone else.

Like in some ways, now that my time to need is ending (well, are we ever done needing other people? I mean now that the acute stuff is over) now is time for me to evolve, to give back to others what has been given to me so freely.

Oh and my counsellor from rehab called me this morning, said she has a new patient, a nurse, someone who was so like me, could she give her my number and would I be willing to talk to her? ABSOLUTELY. I mean, I know I'm not the world savior or anything, but it's lovely to feel needed to feel comfortable, to say the right things, to mean them! Sincere love and friendship, being able to give.

Ugh. Listen to me. I think it's called serenity. I can't wait to see what happens next.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #30  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

You girls are so busy around here. I can't possibly keep up with everyone. Let me say, WELCOME to the new people and welcome back to some of our past friends. Everyone seems so upbeat and optimistic today. I will try not to be too much of a downer. Let me just sau UGH!! today. I am back up to 181.8 today and TOM started yesterday. I feel fat as a hog and completely frustrated.

Enough complaining. I am working out most nights for 45 min, including tonight. If nothing happens in Nov. I am joining a Gym, D*** it.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote