Old 09-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #46  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Chicks,

Thanks for all the nice woo hoo's on my weightloss. It does feel good to know what I am doing is working, and I have not desire to binge on anything. I guess the natural smoothies (no syrups & crap) are helping that. Oh, and my black eye soooo much worse. It ran, meaning with the blood flow and it is now all the way around my eye with red and black colors. No Staccie no yellow yet, but yuck that will suck when it looks like that. I am putting so mucy makeup on it to hide it. The swelling isn't too bad, so you have to really look to notice it......LOL.

Lindy, sorry about the weight gain, but atleast your back on track. We all have 'those' days, but it is behind you and on FB I am happy to see today is all about YOU!

Dance and Staccie, wow it sounds like the workout competition is on! HOOYAH! I miss working out, but like Neesy it is walk, walk, walk and sometimes run at work.

Burgund, I am trying to get you, but if you lose this week you will once again be the front runner! Today was 214.4, so I still have 1.4 to catch up to your last week weigh-in. Hopefully by tomorrows weigh-in I will be down more ;-)

Maddiesmom, hope your doing well with your workouts and Mr Hott........well, not to well......;-) You are so great with you consistency and determination. You just may very well fly past all of us!!!!!!

Neesy, your work schedule sounds like mine. Hope your sleeping gets on track and the next few days aren't too difficult.

Has anyone heard from BacktoBasics or Tiff? I miss them.

Have a great day ladies, need to get ready for work. Its going to be a loooong one.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

mygrits - so sorry about the eye - such a bummer! Hope it doesn't hurt too much. It's so great that you're so busy moving around at work - I think you're going to have a whoosh week every week at this rate!

Girls, I'm so psyched - weighed myself this morning and 168 - that's thirty pounds since May!! According to my all powerful weekly weight loss schedule, I need to lose two pounds this coming week so I'm going to try to crank it up a notch. I'm kind of headachy and not really feeling like exercising but I'm going to do it anyway to try to keep the dial moving... I'm still shooting for 160 by 11/1. How's everyone else doing on their 11/1 goals? Mygrits - do you still have the list somewhere of where we all started? Maybe we could compare our weigh-ins tomorrow against our 8/1 starting weights, just to give us some added motivation as it seems everyone's doing really well right now.

Anyone got any suggestions for new songs from itunes? I need some new stuff to run to. I like hip hop and pop stuff with a good beat (lady gaga, beyonce, shakira). Okay, enough procrastinating - I'm heading out for my run...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #48  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Dance - about your weight loss - that is so awesome!!!

Where is Lindy...hope you are doing ok and on track my friend!

I did not work out yesterday excuses aside - I was bloated due to not using the washroom much - yuck sorry TMI - but does anyone else have that problem? Anyway, I managed to get through it and now it's 3PM and I have done nothing all day - I had some cerel, eggs and strawberries but that is all. I actually hopped on here so I could read and get motivated to get my arse to the gym. I don't know what my problem is!! I felt so awesome last week, why can't my brain just figure that out!!!

Anyway, I will come back on after the gym as I don't want to walk the aisle of shame for not working out for 6 days! I feel like I have undone all the hard work last week and even though my food has been reasonable, it's still not good enough. I'm scared to weigh in tomorrow I hope I lost at least a pound.

Anyway enough procrastinating - I'm going to the gym right now and going to work out my arse hard!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #49  

Staccie - It's a good thing you're going to the gym, otherwise I might wimp out on getting in any more exercise today! I can't totally cop out on our exercise challenge, right?? I ran for an hour this morning and am shooting for an hour walk tonight after dinner. On the other issue you brought up, how are you doing for fiber in your diet? It's such a bummer when that happens, sorry!

Shooting for 1200-1300 cal today - trying to get off to a good start this week. You guys probably have tried these before but if not the fiber one oats and chocolate (and oats and caramel) bars are ridiculously good at 140cals and tons o fiber.

Hope everyone's doing well and out having crazy fun (instead of sitting inside typing away...).
Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #50  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Saturday!

Well, I wished you all lived closer because Hott trainer is giving free fitness assessments next week! You'd be able to check him out for yourselves!

Had my workout with him last night, and it was actually fun (well, not the working out part). HE makes it fun (well, as fun as it can be) and makes me laugh. He said that he's glad that I'm able to laugh and joke during my workouts. We did some more circuits and I told him my goal to be under 200 pounds by 1/1/10. He said no problem, he would start emailing workouts to me to help me during the week so I can meet my goal. Such a great guy...

Also, I did some basic fitness assessments and found that I'm down 3% in body fat and brought my BMI down 5%, which he said is huge, so I'm happy (sore, but happy).

Did well food-wise yesterday: omlette with veggies for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, and then a turkey burger for dinner. I saw some old co-workers for lunch yesterday and they said they could totally tell I've lost weight. They said my face definitely looked slimmer and could tell the weight was coming off. One person even said I was her inspiration to go and get a trainer as well.

Saw my old boss yesterday as well. He's such a super nice guy and was really upset when I was laid off from the company last year. He basically said that he was thinking that they were going to hire an assistant for him early next year and wanted me back. I loved working for this guy, but I'm not sure if I want to leave the steady job I have for a job that laid me off a year ago. But...I loved working for this guy and we had a great working relationship. And...looking in his office yesterday I could tell he was in deperate need. There's nothing wrong with the company I'm at, but the VP of HR (my boss' boss) is a total witch who makes everyone uncomfortable...including me. She just gives everyone dirty looks when we talk and converse (whether work related or not), so it's just not fun when she's around. She's even been through 5 assistants in the last 5 years if that gives you an idea. I just don't know...What would you ladies do?!?

Anyways, sorry to be all "me, me, me" but I had a really good day! I'll be back to weigh in tomorrow!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 09-26-2009 at 09:21 PM.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Mygrits-really hoping your black eye goes away soon. Glad you are doing a lot of walking and running around at work. You are still losing so the smoothies must be helping. Weigh in tomorrow so we will see where we both are then.

Dance-30 lbs!!! You need to celebrate!!! Buy a new workout outfit or get a new purse. Thats great. Those fiber one bars are yummy. I have some in the cupboard now.

Staccie-did you work out today?? We cant let you slip and skip a week!!!

Maddiesmom- I wish we lived closer too, I would get a free assessment from your trainer. I would love to work with a trainer. Glad you had such a great day. Not sure what to tell you with the work situation. Where would you get higher wages and which job do you see being more dependable? You will have to go with what you feel is right for you and your family.

I am so tired. Those boys kept me going from 7 this morning to about 6 tonight. Dont have to keep them tomorrow, their dad will be home. May have to keep them monday unless their mom gets the day off.

Got home around 730, had dinner with some cousins. She is a vegetarian so I had a veggie dog on a whole wheat bun with cut up bell pepper. It was actually good, not usually a fan of the meatless dogs or burgers. Came home got day 5 30ds done. Gonna spend a day at home tomorrow, cleaning and rearranging my living room. I get bored with it the same way all the time. I change things around at least once a month. Gonna get a run in tomorrow. I am gonna lay here and relax. Talk to my sisters for a bit and go to bed. Talk to you chicks tomorrow.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 09-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #52  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Howdy....

I did make it to the gym - I worked out for about an hour 1/2 but my energy level was really low. I ran/walked on an incline on the TM for 30 min, biked for 30 min and then did some weights. I feel better now - but still very tired. Wondering if I am coming down with something Anyway, I made it and I am glad I did - going again in the morning. The scale said I went up but my body doesn't look like it so I am attributing it to either me getting sick or this other issue I am dealing with.

Dance - thanks about the reminder of those fiber bars, I forgot about them - I had one awhile ago and they were very yummy. I am going to put more fiber stuff in my diet as this is horrible Did you go for your walk tonight?

Maddiesmom - sounds like you got an awesome trainer - that is great! There are so many out there that are not. He is a true professional!!! Interesting situation about the old job - it's always great to work for someone that you get a long with and respects you - sounds like your new boss isn't quite that way. Do you feel that if you went back, it would be secure? Maybe they realized how awesome you were and obviously want you back?

Burgandy - your dinner sounded awesome! I hear you on the meatless stuff, it's touch and go for me. I was a vegetarian for about a year but struggled with it and started slowly incorporating stuff back into my diet. I rarely eat red meat but I was going nuts on all the seeds and stuff!! Glad you are getting those workouts in!!! And I am like you, I like to change stuff around too but lately just keeping it clean is too much to handle!

Mygrits - I hope you had a good day today - and everyone else too.

Well my plan for tomorrow is work out early, get in the hottub, maybe a quick nap and then work - yuck!! I want to really do well this week. Weigh in tomorrow...ummm I'm scared. I might not do it until Wednesday when my body gets back into it's routine. That damn scale can really make me angry.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #53  

Morning, girls!

My bf woke up at 4:30 this morning so I got up too - am a little sleepy still despite lots of coffee.

Staccie - my exercise total yesterday is one hour run and one hour walk. Plan for today is another hour run and 30min rowing, the rowing part I keep planning but not doing so today I'm going to try to stick to it. If your system isn't cooperating, I totally understand wanting to postpone your weigh-in.

Maddiesmom - interesting job situation - I guess it depends on your appetite for risk but if your hubby's all set with a job and you can handle a bit of uncertainty, I think it makes such a difference to your quality of life to love the people you work with and to have a strong connection so I'd be inclined to go back to the old boss. Sounds like you're doing great on eating and congrats on your achievements! Glad you've got Hott on board with your end of year goals - that's great to have someone helping guide you in the right direction! With the way you're going, I think your end of year goal is totally doable - you must be excited to have that within reach!

burgundy - just think of all the exercise you're getting running around after the kiddos!! And yeah, I think I'm going to order some new running shoes and smaller running shorts to celebrate the 30lb mark.

Ok, is it just me or do you guys find you're much more motivated to work out and stay on plan on the days you see a drop on the scale? It seems like it should work the opposite way but for some reason seeing a loss will make me exercise like nothing else will and a gain will put me in a non-exercising funk. Weird, huh?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #54  

Forgot to add for weigh-in purposes that I'm still at 168 with a little hovering of the needle so hoping that will drop further by tomorrow (that makes 10lbs down for me since the beginning of our challenge if I remember correctly. I know a bunch of you are totally blowing my socks off!)

I love the running/exercise shorts on the below link - I haven't seen them in Target stores but they're available through amazon. I wore an XL when I was in the 190s and am now ordering mediums if that helps at all as far as sizes. They're seamless so no chafing when you run but they may be a little on the thin side for working out in a gym with lots of people around. You guys are probably all set with gear but thought I'd share just in case as I had been looking for something like this for ages before I found them.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...XB528&v=glance
Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #55  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Chicks,

I have a few minutes, literally, and wanted to peak in. I do apologize if I only address the ones on this page, as I don't have time to read back farther....

Maddiesmom I DO wish we lived closer for an exercise assessment ;-) Besides looking gorgeous, he does seem like a really great trainer if there is humor, but serious workouts during that time. It is hard to find a good trainer, so I am happy you were able to accomplish that. In regards to your work, that is a difficult call, but I am one for a comfortable environment and some happiness too! It sounds like your heart is pulling you back to your old boss......... I worked for a fantastic, fun boss years ago. I loved it there and have always said if he ever needed me again, I would leave where I was and work for him. Incidentally, it says alot for YOU that he wants you back!!
Congratulations to on the old co-workers noticing your thinning body!! ;-)

Dance congratulatios on your weight loss to date - 10 lbs!!! Woo Hoo! The fact that you are at 168 and hoovering is tremendous. It will drop -
guaranteed!!!

Burgund I too am tired. I am sooo glad you get a day off to relax and well rearrange furniture. I guess that isn't relaxing, but hey, your at home!! lol You really sound like you are doing well on the 30ds, and probably kicking my butt on toning!

Staccie you are really doing awesome with workouts!! Totally kicking arse! LOL......I love that word......Anyway, I am glad you too are getting some relaxation in. I hope tomorrow goes well for you! My day at work yesterday was good, just very tired now, as it has been 4 days in a row and I go until Thursday. Thanks for asking though. Hope today is good for you in the weigh in!!

Ok, I weighed in and it read 213.4 WOO HOO HOO WOO!!!!! I am excited!! I am not getting my workouts in, which I really do miss, but atleast my weight is dropping. ;-) So that is 3.2 pounds for me this week. I will change my ticker when I get off of here. So I am almost caught up with Burgund, but she will probably soar ahead today!!

Have a good day ladies, need to get ready for work............
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #56  

Hey ladies.

Staccie-at least you made it to the gym. Just keep it up and I am sure you will start feeling better.

Dance-I think we see the drop and are all happy about it going down and that motvates us to keep it going. When the scale doesnt move you just feel blah and are like oh well.

Mygrits-3.2 lbs this week is amazing, you are doing something right.

Nice cool relaxing day at home so far. Havent gotten my workout in yet, but I will. I made some stir fried veggies for lunch, cooked in cooking spray with light soy sauce. It was yummy. I have tons of veggies from the farm market so I will be eating good this week.

For the weigh in.......I am down to 211!!!!!!!!!!! Thats 2 lbs this week. Yay, Finally more than 1 lbs. AND I got to add another sun to my signature. I am so happy today

Where is everyone else?? Hope Lindy is feeling better.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #57  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!

Sandy and Burgundy: CONGRATULATIONS!! You are both doing so great! I bet with Sandy's running around at work and Burgundy running after those boys, you both got workouts.

Dance: You are rocking the 160's, you do so well on your runs, I hope to be there some day with you!

Sandy, you are right. I went back and read my post and I think I'm really leaning toward working for my old boss. It's not that I'm not happy where I am, but the VP of HR (boss's boss) is probably going to make it very uncomfortable for me to work there when the time comes for me to have another baby. She basically thinks everyone is there to work and personal lives should not take time away from work. So, I think I'll tell Bill that if a position opens up, keep me in mind and hopefully they will pay me what I'm making now. We'll have to see.

Official weigh in...230! Yep, down 2 more pounds, which makes it a total of 17 pounds since our challenge started. I'll take it, I've been working really hard.

Anyways, Maddie is crying downstairs with the hubby, so we'll see what's going on. Hope everyone else sees a loss!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #58  

YAY for maddiesmom. 44 lbs, you are almost to the halfway mark, about 5 more lbs to go. Sounds like you have a plan with the job, good luck when the time comes.

I noticed everyone is posting how much they have lost since the start of our challenge. I have lost 11 lbs since 8/1. Hope to lose 1 more by the end of the month. Thats 3 days, I can do it.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #59  

Wow, guys - woohoo on the losing streak!
mygrits - you are doing great!
maddiesmom - omg, 17 since the beginning of the challenge - you go, girl!
burgundy - wow 2lbs this week - that's just what you were shooting for, wtg!
Like an idiot, I waited until it got too hot to run so now I'm waiting until it starts to cool down a bit this afternoon. Silly, I know but I think getting up so early has me a bit off... Hope the good news keeps on rolling in!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #60  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hi all,

Well I am down nada...umph. I'm disappointed but I also weigh 2 pounds less than yesterday so that means my system might be getting back up to speed. I certaintly feel like I've lost inches. On Sept 30th it will be 21 days and I take another photo - sometimes it's easier to see there because I my view of myself is somewhat off lol. Regardless, I had an excellent workout and I am going for a long walk to the farmers market to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies for the week. I have a great deal of energy today so that is awesome.

Congrats to everyone that is down - you all deserve it!! I'm very proud of everyone!!!! Interesting how I don't know any of you personally, but I feel like I do - I couldn't wait to get home today from the gym and log in to see how everyone is doing!!!

Dance - I so hear you about the scale, if there is no movement, I feel discouraged. Yesterday, that happened - I was like what?!?!? And I just about went home, but I didn't. Today when I saw the number was down I was like yahoo - not great, but at least not more and I had more energy. I'm driven by rewards in mostly everything that I do. And seeing a change on the scale, in a picture or in clothes is a definite reward. I'm like one of those terrier dogs...relentless

Dance - thanks for the recommendation of shorts...when my legs get less hideous I might think of that Lululemon is huge up here. Expensive as **** but I tell ya they don't hug in the right places and they last forever. It is about $100.00 for a pair of pants but I have four pair and I could seriously live in them. In fact, when I hit my first goal I am allowed to buy something there - plus I have lots of stuff that fit me before that I can't wait to get into again. I LOVE wearing cute outfits to the gym - not to attract people but just so I feel good. But I don't wear make-up - I draw the line at that. I saw a girl there this morning with full make-up and hair done - maybe that's how she feels good but I can't imagine how much I sweat - talk about clogging up my pores!

Mygrits you are hauling arse!!! - that is so awesome - just think once you get more settled and throw a bit of exercise in there - you are going to be belly dancing by Christmas!!!

Vicky - that sounds like a plan - crossing my fingers for you - working in a more positive atmosphere can make a huge difference!!!

Well I have to get ready for my farmers market visit. It's about 2 miles there and 2 miles back along the seawall. It's gorgeous today - breezing and beautiful - my favorite time of year. I'm not sure that I want to move anymore when the Olympics are over. But I am trying not to think too much of that right now because it really stresses me out. I have decided however that I will not be going to London - I want a permanent job wherever it might be. I have about six months to go...yikes!!!

Check in later - everyone have a happy Sunday and keep going into the mirror and giving yourself a wink, high five and a twirl for how awesome you are looking. I can't wait until I don't have to close my eyes when I look at myself in the mirror at the gym anymore!!!