Old 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #1  
For Him, For Us.

Default Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/19-7/25

Hey ladies I thought we could chat it up in this thread and keep the other for results and weigh loss/fitness tracking.

How are you all doing?

What's working?

What's not?

How are you feeling?

Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #2  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

doing well sticking with the points my biggest downfall i'm feeling right now is not drinking enough water i know water makes a huge difference in losing weight need to cut back on the pop and up the water.

get a ton of exercise have been walking to the library and back or walking to my parents house with my boys going up to the local park and walking 3 miles each morning the last few days plus walking around the block at the house later in the evenings.

feeling pretty good vcan see some changes i'm down 5 pounds since i restarted weight watchers on my own at home this is the start of week 3 for me today.

hope everyone else is doing great :0
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #3  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I am having an off day today, the eating was well within calorie range, and I did do a core rhythms tape, but I had no desire to go to the gym unless my friend elected to come along, which she did not. I am a little depresed and lonely today, and although I know that there are a whole bunch of calorie burning activities I can do on my own...I simply do not want to do anything by myself today! Gosh! How are you guys doing?
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #4  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
Had an off night last night. Ate not much during the day and then overate. So my new rule is: Don't eat 2/3 of your calories after 9pm. lol

Wishing everybody an easy day today (an every day)!!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemidst View Post
So my new rule is: Don't eat 2/3 of your calories after 9pm. lol
Yeah - I have found myself doing that when I'm not paying attention and don't eat enough during the day. I'm still getting used to the calorie counting. Have still been bad about not eating in the morning. But I figure I'm WAY better than I was before and I can only get better.

Speaking of getting better, I am still trucking along with my classes. Haven't started my Couch to 5K program yet, as mostly I'm sore and worn out already from Zumba and strength training and yoga ... Then I see some of these folks who are REALLY pushing themselves, and how astounding the results are. Maybe I need a

Then again, I am looking for a lifestyle I can *maintain* so I really need to sort out what I want to be doing for the long-haul.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,
How is everyone doing?

I've lost about 23 lbs since April, which I'm proud of, but it's been all ups and downs. The toughest times for me is the weekend. I do Weight Watchers, so I usually allow myself a free meal, which turns into a free day, which turns into a free weekend. I need to reign it in.

So my challenge for this week is to stay within my points every day, which might be difficult since we're supposed to go to dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant on Saturday.

Emma, I'm with you on pushing oneself. I think I'm working hard but my husband is training for a marathon and my sister is training for a triathlon and it makes my little walks and bike rides seem a little silly. But it all adds up, right?

Well, I hope you are all doing well! Hang in there, everyone!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #7  
For Him, For Us.

Hey ya'll Tomorrow is Hump day keep trucking

Darby, make your free meal NOT on a weekend day. Try Friday night dinner ONLY is your free meal.
Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:15 AM   #8  
TransformingSince:6-26-09

S/C/G: 247.1/233.2/145

Hi eveyone!

I'm doing great so far. My eating could be a little better but I have been working out a lot. I started the P90X workout and have finished day 3 today. I do P90X, Wii Fit, Wii Active and DDR for most of my workouts. I get tired of doing the same thing over and over. I usually just do what I feel like instead of creating a schedule.
I'm going to focus more on eating well this week and staying within my calories.

I'm a little confused on how we are logging our weigh ins and exercise for each week. Is our starting weight from the 12th or the 19th?
paisleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #9  
my beautiful mess

Hi All,

Been struggling the last 2 days. Bloated and headachy (end of TOM). No gain. But am obsessed with the scale.

I am on track with food. So that is victory. Gotta figure something out that motivates me - other than a loss in pounds. What motivates you or what keeps you going?

All the best,
Ash
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #10  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Aggghhhhh. I'm hungry. I've been running around all day with the kids' activities, and now I'm hungry and tired. I've been doing great so far this week, and am thankful that the house has no junk food to tempt me. I will do this!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #11  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyprincess View Post
I'm a little confused on how we are logging our weigh ins and exercise for each week. Is our starting weight from the 12th or the 19th?
I agree. I wasn't sure where to start either. I just entered in my weight on the 19th and figured a 0 loss. Would love it if it was actually starting using our weight on the 12th! Someone let us know the intent. Every week counts!!!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #12  
my beautiful mess

Hi all,
I put down my SW from when I signed up. If you figure it out let us know.

How is everybody doing?

I am psyched about the 50lbs. Till I look at how much I am losing this 1st month really working my plan and then I am not sure 50 lbs is doable. 30 might. I'm going to have to figure out what is acceptable for me, as well as my goal. Like a 2nd place goal. Is that cheating or being realistic?
A