Old 07-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 179.6/128/125

Hey guys!

Just when I got so depressed over a gain last week...I went down 1.2
Just goes to show you that the human body is a strange thing...up and down and up and down.

Stay strong, fellow 3fc-ers.
SoulMeetsBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #17  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Just checkin' in momentarily to read up on you guys. I'll be back later to do personals. This weekend has just been crazy...and LTTG, believe me, my life is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Goooooooooood Morning Chickies!!! Happy Sunday to you all! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!!!

Mom~ don't think of it as not having a life, think of it as having some good quality down time! And you know my life isn't super exciting--I spent the rest of the day putzing around not doing much of anything. Then we went to Gander Mountain (a big burly hunting/fishing man store) after dinner and wandered around there before heading to Walmart to pick up eggs and milk--oooh, ahhh....I could barely contain my excitement! Hope you get your workout in--wait, scratch that--you'd better get that workout in!! You don't want to be kicking yourself tomorrow if you miss it do you? And I'm not afraid to and you, so don't tempt me!

SMB~ Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss! You're absolutely right, the body does strange things doesn't it? Keep up the great work!

Delphi~ hmm...no details yet? Come on girlie, quit holding out on us! You know that I live vicariously through you! Hope your weekend has been crazy in a good way, catch up with you later!

Well girls, it's Sunday! I'd down .4 of the .6 I was up yesterday so I'm sitting at 154.2 today and down another 2.75"!!

We're heading to the park this afternoon for my fil's Birthday picnic so I'm going to be having a higher calorie day today. I might bring a Boca burger to throw on the grill so I don't go overboard with calories, but I have to check them out first--they might be a tad freezer burned .

I asked this on the exercise thread, but figured I'd ask here too: I'm coming to the end of my 8 wk HIIT program (Mystical ~ sorry, I keep forgetting to post this link for you: http://www.intervaltraining.net/index.html HIIT- High Intensity Interval Training, check out the link, lots of great info! I'm doing the Lose Your Belly Fat Fast program ) next week and I'm trying to figure out what my cardio will be next month (I like to mix it up every month). Anyone have any suggestions?

Okay, well, I better get going. I need to make deviled eggs for today and shower and get Abby out of bed and, and, and... Have a great day everyone!! And remember to...

Drink Your Water!!!

Last edited by iDream; 07-19-2009 at 09:13 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #19  
There is no spoon!

Alright ladies, lets see if I can finally sit here for more than five minutes this time.

So here's the deal. In April of this year, I started to realize that perhaps I needed to regain some focus in my life. As I mentioned before, I was a competitive gamer and a lot of my time was spent with my union, competing and doing text and video reviews for various gaming websites. Coordinating my life around my virtual one, was indeed a juggling act. So I decided, no matter how hard it was, to take a hiatus from the gaming world, community and cut out all things gaming. Minus the Wii of course, but in the gaming community the Wii is what they deem a "casual console" and isn't really intended for "real gaming". But I digress. The point is, I completely blocked out any outside stimuli from my life. Personal and virtual. I thought the only way to refocus myself was to not have any distractions outside of me and my children. Period. I closed all my accounts and let all the proper people know, I needed to take a sabbatical and that I had no clue when I would return.

So that's what I did. I left that world behind and refocused my attention on my health. I constantly had to delete emails, turn away friends and say NO more than I really would have, but this was the only way I could concentrate on myself. However, after this stint with Canaan I realized, I couldn't deal with the stress for some reason and the fluctuations with my weight proved that. Even my energy felt depleted. I couldn't seem to get anything off my mind and the harder I tried, the harder I failed.

But the point of this post is of my realization that life is a balancing act. It was good for me to say No to people and to take a break from some of the things that I was completely passionate about, but at the end of the day, you NEED those things in your life. You can't give up a part of you, hoping to repair the other parts of you. This works momentarily, but it is short lived.

See, gaming, even since I was a child has been an outlet for me. But when it became more than a hobby, and money was involved, it becomes almost a chore. However, it was that one thing, I always loved. My stress reliever. Then I was hit with a little stress and had no outlet for it. We need those extras in our lives to preserve our sanity. So I decided to take up residence within the gaming community again and stop becoming so obsessive about my weight.

I know that I will always count my calories. I will always have to watch what I eat and exercise. I know that now. I also know that I have learned some very good habits that I will implement daily. I also promised myself that if I ever started to slip again, then I would cut out those things from my life again. Sounds counter-productive to the point of this post, but I'm sure you ladies get my drift.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I have resumed my life. For the past three months it was on hold. I regained my focus and I was ready to stay on the wagon but at the same time, let the darn horse start pulling it again. And you know, I feel loads better. As you gal's know, I started seeing my friend on a regular basis again and now I have integrated all my union members back into my life and as well as having the feel of a controller in my hand again, which was amazing by the way. Didn't even lose my touch.

It really may sound trivial to some of you. As gaming is still the only hobby that isn't given it's due respect. It is looked upon as the plague of all hobbies. It's ok, to play golf or spend 1000 bucks on a set of golf clubs, because golf is a respected hobby...so it's OK to invest your time and money into it. Pfff...I say, we are all different. What works for you, won't work for someone else. We all need something in our lives that we are passionate about. Isn't that what life is all about? Not just living your life, but enjoying your life.

So I have reintroduced all these things to my life again and I feel great and I have seen movement in the right direction on my scale again. I think I have all the right tools and resources at my disposal now and of course I have all of you ladies in my arsenal, so I'm not worried in the slightest that I can't moderate my life and find the balance in all of this. My problem has always been obsessing over things in my life. I gave up gaming and nutrition and exercise became my obsession. But for me, it can't be one or the other, I need all this things to work together to keep me happy and healthy.

So in a nutshell, my life is back to normal and I have my smile back. The only thing different this time around, is that I CARE how I look and feel. I love the attention, I love the way I feel when I'm in public. I love the way I feel in those jeans. I love that I have my confidence back. All of these things, will keep me headed in the right direction, and of course Sandyes rolling pin. Luv ya girly. So that's about it. The kids are screaming now, or fighting...one or the two and I need to get on with the day. Thank you ladies so much for all the support and encouragement. You all have been my saving grace.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #20  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

DELPHI ~ Wow. You are an amazing woman. Taking that break was what you needed to do at the time and it was wise of you to recognize that. It must have been so hard! But you used that time to learn what you needed to do to live a healthier life, and you found this great group of chicks. I am so glad that you were able to rejoin your community, and didn't lose your edge! To have a passion like that must be wonderful (I'm still looking for mine). We all need a way to deal with stress. Of course, having your friend back in your life helps too, I'm sure! I hope you won't be too busy to keep us updated.

As for me, I am down 1 lb today. I flaked on my workout yesterday, so I went to the gym today and did 2.10 miles. Hey, for me that's good. Have a nice evening everyone.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #21  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Down a bit today which was a pleasant surprise since I actually ate a real hamburger for supper last night. My 9 y/o DS made supper last night and it was great but I wasn't sure what the scale would have to say about it. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, because it was SO yummy to enjoy a nice homemade burger!

Delphi-Thanks so much for giving us a peek into what's been going on with you. Sounds like you're finding your balance and making it work. AWESOME! We love ya, girl, and want to see you succeed in life, not just your health, so BRAVO for making the necessary adjustments to get there!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #22  
There is no spoon!

LTTG ~ on the loss. I will never be too busy for you gals. These challenge threads and you ladies have given me so much. I want to keep giving back some of what I have taken away from our conversations and our experiences with each other. I need you gals. I need the accountability, support and encouragement you ladies give me.

MsP ~ on being down a bit. You are just amazing and you have an amazing few weeks..eh? Even with the vacations and everything, you held yourself accountable and you just kept pushing forward. You really are an inspiration darling.

Sandye ~ One day, I'm coming to Indiana. I can't tell you how many days I have come in here and your words always made my day brighter. Just know that you are so important and a very special woman. Never let anyone tell you different...and that's including yourself darling. I hope you guys had a good time at the picnic today and I'm sure you did just fine with your food choices...as it has become second nature for you to do so. Talk to you in the morning dear. And in case you haven't heard it today...I think you are AWESOME!

Soulmeetsbody ~ On being down dear. Try not to get discouraged by those fluctuations, they will come and go.

FSA ~ It's amazing the little guy is still coming around for those carrots..eh? How ya been girly? I do hope all is well with you and yours.

As for me, it's been a groovy weekend I suppose. I am kind of revamping my exercise routine as well. I think I will be taking weekends off and putting my focus around strength training with small cardio sessions throughout the week. I want to tone as I lose the weight, I just wish I could do ST everyday..that would be awesome. I just can't get enough of it. So yeah, I guess I need to get off here and I'll see you ladies bright and early in the morning.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies just checking in and wanted you to know that I will be gone for about a week. I am packing the computer tomorrow. We go on Wednesday to do our walk through on the house and then Thursday night we are moving YEAH!!! It's finally here. I just hope that I got everything completed that I needed to. I just feel like I have forgotten something LOL. As for my weight I have been doing pretty good with the eating. I am still up and down but I am sure it will even out. I have finally got my exercising program going thanks to you ladies and get up early. Yippee... I don't know how much I will get in this week but with moving I am sure I will get my workout in since I live on the 8th floor right now... Hope you all have a great week and I will check in just as soon as I can.... Hopefully I will get my last 2 lbs lost before the end of the month for my goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

How's everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been around. I...just have nothing to say. Nothing has been going on around here. Just playing the waiting game right now. I found an apartment and I'm waiting to see if I got approved. I applied for four positions and waiting to see if I got one of those. I feel really good about two of them, my mother worked in the department and I'm know most of the people so....maybe that will work in my favor. I need sometimes, really bad and SOON! I took several days off work and it has been marvelous! But I have to go back Wednesday. Oh, I dread it.

My eating has gotten better, little by little, day by day. Surprisingly, my weight is going down, a little at a time but still going in the right direction.

I went to see Harry Potter with Nessa on Wednesday. We went to the 12:30 am screening since the midnight and 12:15 were sold out. I can't say I'm a fan of HP, I've never had an interest to read the books or see the movies but Vanessa is a huge fan and she had been talking about the new movie for months. There were alot of people of course so I was trying not to have a panic attack and didn't, thank god. I liked the movie. Thought Harry/Ginny were cute and should have been more of them in the movie. The ending threw me off but again, I haven't read the books.

Sunshine's wedding was yesterday. Nikki said it was great, just really hot. She ran the camera and got close ups of John and Kittie bawling. Perfect blackmail.

Oh and Friday, after viewing the apartment, my friend and I came across this yard sale and I brough a cool mini futon for $25! The apartment is small and this futon will fit perfectly by the wall.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #25  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies

Mystical ~ No worries, I'm sure all that moving will burn loads of calories and give you a good workout.

Jasonslea ~ You're so lucky. I wanted to go see it to, just haven't yet. You take care now.

As for me, we have a little swoosh on the scale this morning. A little over a pound...so now we are getting somewhere. Hey I'm just glad to see it moving again. At any rate, I need to get to it this morning. I'll check back in....in a few. You ladies have an awesome day and don't forget your smiles this morning.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #26  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

DELPHI My but you are up early! Woo hoo on the lb!

I fully expected to be up this morning but I am down .8, which means...I'm in the 170s!! 179.6 to be exact!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #27  

Good morning girls!

Delphi~ As usual, my Mom is right! You are an amazing woman! It takes a really strong woman to walk away from everything like that to better herself! And no, gaming doesn't sound trivial at all! Everyone has their passions, it could be golf, knitting, gaming, photography...and might I add I think it's insanely cool you get paid for doing what you love! I'm so happy that you've found a balance hun! I'm still trying to find that. I'm also beyond happy that you're sticking around here!! I don't think I could take it if you left us! *sniff* You're such a positive upbeat person and in this day and age, that's hard to come by! And listen up, you're welcome here anytime hun! Anytime!!

Mom~ woo hoo! I am so proud of you! WTG getting that workout in--BEFORE the paper too!! *gasp* I can't believe it! Now that's determination!! Congrats on the loss too as well as getting in over 2 miles!!

MsP~ congrats on the loss! Nothing beats a homemade burger, that's for sure! I didn't fair so well after mine though...

Mystical~ we'll miss you!!! Be sure to check in often (well, as often as you can what with the moving and all )!! Be careful moving, lift with the legs, not the back! And be careful on those stairs!!! 8th floor--egads! We'll be thinking of you!

Shari~ sounds like you're feeling much better, so glad to hear it! I'm jealous that you saw HP as well, I still haven't read the books, but I do so enjoy the movies! Congrats on the scale moving in the right direction! Good luck on the apt and the job/s!! Keep us posted!

Well girls, I did a bad thing. Wait, scratch that...I made some bad choices. Yesterday I ate more than I should have at the bbq. Not only that, I came home and decided to take it further and let hubby go get Qdoba (a little Mexican place). Now, it wouldn't have been awful had I only eaten my half of the burrito he bought, but he also brought home chips and queso...and a chicken quesadilla. I don't know what came over me, but before I knew it, my burrito was gone and I was munching on chips and queso and in the blink of an eye one piece of the quesadilla was sitting like a brick in my stomach.

Oh and it just gets worse...I decided that since I'd blown the whole day why not go for gold? I harfed down a ice cream sandwich (one of those 100 calorie ones, but still) and 4 mini Peppermint Patties.

Oh the horror! The shame! Sigh...I just, well heck, I dunno. It's not like I was having a moment of weakness or anything--I made the choice to eat that burrito and it just snowballed from there. I kept making bad choices the rest of the night. It was an odd thing, I didn't feel out of control with my eating as I have in the past, but I just kept telling myself that it was okay to have an off day every once in a while...I dunno. I mean, this is the first time I've done this since April, so I guess it was okay in the sense that it's not a weekly thing, but geez...

And I feel absolutely horrid this morning! Not only am I up a TON, but I'm retaining more water than a dozen camels (which I'm hoping is what the massive gain is all about)!!!! I fell hung over, depressed and mad at myself. Not to mention I had a bad dream to boot--ugh...

But, I'm trying to shake it off. I've gotten my workout in, I've opened up the house and getting fresh air and listening to the birds singing...I've got my water by my side and I plan on drinking at least 128oz today to get rid of this water!!

Lastly, we got some sad news yesterday--my bil and his wife are splitting up after 14 years of marriage. I can't say that I'm completely surprised, but it was a bit of a shocker in the sense that it was unexpected news. My mil is just so sad about the whole thing and well, it's just sad.

Well girls, I'm off to drink my water and clean my kitchen--it looks like a bomb went off in it!! Sigh...it happens every weekend and every Monday I'm stuck cleaning the whole kitchen! Ah well...

Have a wonderful day ladies and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #28  

Mom~ WOO HOO on the Panties!!! 170's!!! Congratulations!! That's fanfreakin'tastic!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #29  
There is no spoon!

LTTG ~ on the loss and making it into the 170's. kiddo!

Sandye ~ Shake it off darling. It was perfectly OK to indulge. I did that on my birthday. But I know the feeling the next morning as well and it isn't a good one. It's totally ok to have a day like that, as long as you feel like you are in control. If you have chosen that day to indulge, and know that tomorrow, things will go back to normal, then you are fine. That's living maintenance. Life happens and it's here for us to enjoy. So don't feel bad, just do what you are doing and get back on the horse.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-20-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #30  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-I'm sure we all have days like those every rare once in a while. Sometimes it just serves to remind us why we don't eat like that anymore, kwim? You'll be back down to you normal weight in no time.

I am up a few tenths this morning after unwisely choosing to have seconds at supper. I wasn't even hungry enough for seconds. It just tasted good and I wasn't thinking. Live and learn, huh? Today will be good, though. After that I'm going to be MIA for 5 days again. We're going out of town and will be eating out nearly every meal. Here's where I meet the challenge of healthy choices. It'll be fine, though. This is real life. I gotta make it work for me.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote