Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #121  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Jacque ~ Thanks. I'm just trying to follow your example. You rock girly!

Oh man, I wasn't feelin' the ST this morning and I know why. I didn't eat before I started. Well, I can tell you guys, I won't be doing that again. I think I even frowned at one point. At any rate, I'm gonna grab me a bite to eat, hydrate and perhaps get into some DDR. I have some errands to run today, so I wanna get some cardioish stuff done and get my shower in before she gets here so I can leave. Ooooooooooh and I almost forgot. Trying on jeans last night. It's so weird what you can get into and how all over the place the sizes can be. So I'm comfortably in a Juniors 17 but can't fit into a Juniors 15 but I fit into a misses 14 last night..comfortably. Just doesn't make sense. But whatever, the digits are getting lower..right?

So ladies have a great day. I'm off and I'll check in later.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #122  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

DELPHI ~ Woo hoo to you, Ms.192! What is DDR, may I ask? I always heart that you should work out hungry. Course that's easy for me to say, since I can do it until after work.

I want to apologize to y'all. When I am angry at DH, I need to stay away from the computer! It won't happen again.

I had a nice, unexpected surprise this morning. I don't work out on Sundays, I did not drink enough water, I ate just three times, and I...made goal!! Seven pounds exactly! There's a whole week left, maybe I'll hit the higher end of my goal (7-10 lbs). Hope you all have a good day. It's going to be 103 here.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #123  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Red face

Morning all
I'm really struggling here to stay on the wagon.
I have been eating indiscriminately & letting stress get to me instead of putting my health & welfare first.

I'm going to change my July goal at the last minute:

My July goal is to stay completely OP until the end of the month
AND
check & post to this thread 3X a day until August 1- even if it's only a smilie.

Making myself post will help me get my groove back with accountability & refocusing on my efforts every 6 - 8 hrs. this week.

I weighed 234 yesterday - the exact same as the beginning of the month

I probably won't make goal for my body this week but I sure can make my head goal
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies, just stopped int o read the news after run and before the shower.

Delphi - Noting like a big 4-0 to greet me today when I come on, WTG! I'm so proud of you hun, how fantastic.

OK, gotta run, so much to do and hopefully a lot will be done before the birthday girl crawls out of bed! Have a great day ladies.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!

Delphi
~ Ooooh girlie, you haven't been writing down your measurements? Good gravy--hun, get on board!! I tell ya, when I feel like I'm not getting results from my workouts, just seeing a .25" come off proves me wrong! However, it can get a little frustrating if you take them every week and see no movement--like with my calves and arms--grrr...but, they're coming along. Congrats for getting the boys' room clean! The boys need to tidy theirs up too. I am thrilled beyond words that they've kept it pretty darn clean since the massive clean out we did! Congrats on the pound down! Man, Jacque' right--you're FLYIN' through the 190's!! Weren't you *just* in the 200's? You're on FIRE! Holy cow--14's!!! Yee haw baby! That is so fanfreakin'tastic!!!

Tummy~ thanks hun--but ya know, I think you've got me beat. You RUN for way longer than I do. I mean, you're running for what, 45 mins + at a time? I couldn't do that--no way! I want to, I will do it eventually, but now? Bwahaha! Nope. So I think you'll sail through the next 3 weeks hun! Congrats on the loss! How'd the party planning go? Did you get everything finished? to your little Birthday Girl!! I'm totally going to follow your lead and plan a little at a time for the girls' party. Thankfully my fil is in charge of all the cake making for Birthdays so I can check that off my to do list. Mmmm...cake...

FSA~ thanks hun! I was kinda worried since it was kind of a lot of info to throw into a post, not to mention I shared how big my pooch was! Scary I tell ya! Sorry to hear about your argument with hubby. Glad to hear it got all smoothed out by the end of the day though.

Mom~ So, cheese less pizza isn't gross huh? I might have to give that a go! But you're right--where was the protein? Okay, so here's when I started everything--4/15~ started eating better, ie: calorie counting. 4/22~ started exercising, wasn't really doing BFL workouts at this point, just trying to get moving. 5/2~ started doing the BFL workouts and this is when I found these wonderful ladies!!! 6/2~ Started HIIT and stopped doing cardio daily and started giving myself one day off a week. There ya have it. Man, sorry you had such a rotten day with J yesterday. Sigh...men is dumb... "Hunky fire fighter" oh I love it! You know you're welcome here anytime mom! And remember our 'knock him out, gag him, drug him, restrain him, brainwash him until he comes around' plan? That's always an option. And don't apologize for venting about J k? I mean, we're not just hear for weight loss and exercise support--we're here for support of all kinds! Plus, if it keeps you from swinging a frying pan and landing yourself in the clink--all the better! And lastly Congrats on making your goal!!!! See? I TOLD you you could do it!!! Neener-neener-neener! I would say I told you so, but I'll spare you and just think it!

Jacque
~ haha, no, no, you didn't ruin anything for me. I knew it was coming to an end soon, I just didn't know it was this year. Ahh, at least we'll always have re-runs and whole seasons on DVD!

Susie~ I'd say those are great goals hun! We've all been there, the key is to not beat yourself up and to simply pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse! Now, you've checked in once...I expect to see you 2 more times today got it? Good! Glad to have you back with us hun!

Okay ladies, well, the scale is not being kind to me. I know exactly why too, so I'm not bitter. I did a lot of running around yesterday and didn't get as much water in as I usually do (only 64oz) and as a result I'm retaining. So, 152 on the nose today. I'm not going to let it discourage me though--it just means I need to drink all my water today and flush it out.

So, yesterday I had to go out and buy school supplies for the boys. Target was having great sales on everything so I stocked up (I have more binder paper and spiral notebooks than I know what to do with! ), then I remembered that they had kids' shoes on sale for $9!! So, I had to turn around and go back. I walked out of there with 9 pairs of kids shoes for under $70! I bought some for the girls and the boys and then I found the clearance shoes--bought 3 pairs for the boys for under $5 a pair! I'll be taking a pair or two back I'm sure, but hey--I couldn't pass that up!!

So, while I was doing that, my hubby's uncle came over and dropped off lumber for our basement (we are planning on finishing the basement)--we now have enough lumber to frame in nearly all of the basement!! And the best part--it was all FREE!!!!

Lastly...after I fed the troops, I decided to get out of the house by myself for a bit. I bought myself a pretty little 3 stone fakey diamond ring as a little treat for almost being at goal. And...I got my hair cut!!! And I do mean CUT! I'm not totally in love with it yet, but I've yet to play with it or anything. I'll try to take pics today and post them later.

Well ladies, I better get going. Once again the kitchen is a disaster (didn't I say this last Monday?) and I need to clean it! Have a wonderful day girls and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!

Last edited by iDream; 07-27-2009 at 09:41 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #126  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Okay, back from another trip and didn't fair quite as well. I enjoyed a few days of hometown food, but it'll run it's course in the next day or 2 and all will be back to where it was. Tomorrow is my b-day and I'm keeping it pretty low-key since I have weigh-in Thursday and have to recover a bit from this past weekend before I indulge in the cheesecake my mom is tempting me with!! This is why July is a toughie for me!!!!! Thank heavens I started it strong or I'd be in a boatload of trouble!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 07-27-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #127  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I'm here.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #128  

Goodmorning girlsssss quickie post because I'm getting off to a head start. Hope you all had a great weekend!

LateToTheGame.............congratulationssssssssssss on having MET GOAL :chee r3:. That is superrr . Regarding saying sorry to us about that day you were angry with DH....don't you dare! lol : ). This is part of what we do here and we all need to vent sometime....and we do and have. This is why they gave us this emoticon lol . I know I have sure used it! again....congratsssssss on weight loss . Have a wonderful day.

Delphi,,,,,,,,, congratulations to you too! Feels just like Our Jacquee said....seems like just the other day you got to onderland and look at you now girlie!!!!! wtg delphi : ). keep on shining.

Congrats to all on the losses. Susie, those sound like great goals! go for it

Tummygirl........... Happy birthday to your girl . Have a beautiful day and wishing your girl all the best.

Sandyeeeee,,,, ty sweety right back at you. Yes...we are a ok now. Ohhhh, congratulations on your new ring and your new haircut!

MsPerception.........welcome back girl! Missed you here chicky. I hope your not being too hard on yourself...I really do. You have just been absolutely amazing. You have continued on hard and strong through the summer, the move, the vacations and all the travel, the temptations (like MIL cookies, lol) and then some! You had a short break while on vaca to enjoy some homecooked foods....cut yourself some slack......whatever the outcome was you will undo that and get it back to where you want in no time! As for your birthday tomorrow..........aw youuuuuu have a beautiful birthday tomorrow. Love, health, and happiness always. I hope you have a peice of your cake too...you deserve it. Nice to have you back

hi to all.....yikes. I have to run. Hot and muggy here but nothing like 103, lol. Dh and I made a pledge to eat light together (we went for brunch again yesterday) . He is taking tomorrow and wednesday off. He is taking his summer vaca (maybe even a few weeks) in august so this is a good pledge ladies. TOday I have many chores to catch up with around here. I didn't get any swimming in last week due to the weather but hope to get in some laps today.

I hope you all have a great day. I will start our new thread tomorrow or wed. which will give us a few days heads up. Friday is the last day of our month. I did not forget you girls and will be doing that list very soon...you have worked hard for those reds! Hope our jacqui is ok. ok...talk soon girls
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

Hi everyone - I've been doing night shifts for a week and am now so far behind the thread I don't think I'll ever catch up!

I thought I'd really blown it doing night shifts, when I'm tired I have almost zero self control. But I hopped on the scale this afternoon and I'm 184.6 !!!! yay goal I haven't been this weight for a year.

I'm aiming for my halfway point next month, that'll be my lowest weight in about 3 and a half years.

Must catch up on how everyone else is doing now.

merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #130  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok...
I am now officially back. And I definitely need to get my not so small behind back in gear. The past 2 weeks were disastrous when it came to eating. Doing all these touristy things every day is not very conducive to eating properly.
I actually weighed this AM and I am up 4 lbs. TOM is here and that's not helping the scale department either. So today I am back OP.

The apartment is a mess after 2 weeks of neglect, so I will spend my day getting it clean. I wonder if that will be enough exercise for the day

I still have not caught up to everyone's news but I promise I will do my best. I did get a preview of some crazy person being very close to goal CMO4 and somebody else wearing size 14's Delphi so on the panties to the 2 of you!

Oh..and I almost forgot to tell you all: The house hunt is over! We finalized the purchase of our first place last Thursday I really thought the day was never going to come

Ok, now I actually have to go put my words into actions and get moving.

It's so good to be back
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #131  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

NSM ~ back dear. That's excellent news on the house. I know you guys must be elated to finally be done with that process now.

merose ~ Way to go on meeting your goal. That is so exciting. Sounds like you need a little protein on those night shifts. Perhaps packing a lunch high in protein will help with your energy levels.

FSA ~ Sounds like you and hubby will be on the right track. It helps when we have someone right by our side to support us. on getting a new thread started. I just went shoppin' so I'm all ready for the new month of August. Bring it on girlfriend.

Susie ~ I think your goals are excellent and for just checkin' in as well. I have found that the more I check in the better I do as well. It's a constant reminder of what I should be doing and where I am going.

MsP ~ back dear. Sounds like you are determined. Happy pre-birthday dear.

Sandye ~ I want pictures. I swear you're gonna make me cut mine. I love the simplicity of my long hair, I do. I love that I can put it into a ponytail and be ready. But man I need a change. I can't wait to see yours. Oh and on the free lumber. Too bad I don't have a basement, or I'd challenge you. Anyways, I'm glad you guys will be able to get it looking the way you want it. No school supplies for us yet...probably go over the weekend. I think registration is next week..I need to call the school today. Anyways, you deserved that ring, I bet is purty..eh? You deserve so much more for all the hard work and dedication you have put into this. I googled "awesome" a minute ago and your picture was the first link to come up.

Tummy ~ Happy b-day to your little one. I hope it is indeed a great day for you guys. enjoy!

LTTG ~ Hey don't you sweat it. If you need to vent, you just go right ahead. Let me tell ya, I do when I need to. Oh and on getting to goal. I knew you could do it darling...I am so darn proud of you. Now next month should be even easier.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

thanks Delphi! I really should put some more thought into what I'm eating - on nights I tend to just shove whatever is nearest into my mouth.

FullSteamAhead - I am envious of your hot weather - I got up for work at five this morning and it felt like the middle of winter, POURING with rain - then sunny this afternoon. That's London for you - four seasons in one day...
merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #133  

Good afternoon ladies!

MsP~ Welcome back hun! Happy pre-Birthday too! Don't fret endulging once in a while--that's what life is about right? I mean, the key is to not do it daily right? But for heaven sake--have cheesecake on your Birthday! It's your special day--enjoy it!! Of course, be ready to buckle down the day after or else!

Susie~ Atagirl!!! Nice to see you checkin' in!!

FSA~ Aww, that's wonderful that your hubby is committing to eating light with you! I would give anything to get my hubby on board with working out with me! Sigh...one day at a time, I'll just keep nagging him one day at a time! Thanks for starting up a new thread for us tomorrow! Ack! I still need to solidify my goals!! Must get on it!

Merose~ Congrats on making your goal!!! That's awesome! I'm with Delphi though, sounds like you need some good ol' protein to keep those cravings at bay! Nice to see you, check in when you can and don't worry about catching up--that would take forever!!

NSM~ Woo hoo!!! Congrats on the house!! That's awesome!! Such a great feeling to finally find what you're looking for and it'll be great to finally be settled won't it? Yay!!! Glad you're back on plan, despite TOM and his evilness! Have fun cleaning the apt! Well, as much fun as you can anyway. Keep us posted on the upcoming move k?

Delphi~ I dunno...when I saw your avatar this morning a had a tinge of regret. I still haven't gotten pics yet--it's a mess right now and I'd rather post a pic of my hair looking somewhat decent rather than sloppy. Oooh, I wish you had a basement too! I could totally use a basement cleaning challenge! I won't be working on framing the basement--at least I don't think I will be...that's what the menfolk are for! As for googling awesome...hahaha! Now that's funny! Right now I'm feeling anything but! If you were to google 'Basket case' or 'Giant Ball of Anxiety' or 'Fraught with Indecision' you'd be likely to see me there...

Ladies, I need your help! I need advice/input/opinions and I need 'em quick. I posted this with a group of ladies I hang with over on Flickr so I'm just going to cut and paste what I wrote to them so here goes...

Hubby and I used to live in CA and moved here to be closer to his dad and to escape the rat race out there. He was working a very demanding job (Dist. Auto Mgr for Sears in the Bay Area) and never, ever stopped working. He worked 12-14 hours out of the house and then worked at home until he passed out. This went on 7 days a week. Although all the effort paid off (he got in good with all the uppity ups and made friends in high places), he was getting tired of it (needless to say, I hated it).

Fast forward to now: He worked as a store general mgr for Sears and loathed it--he got a new job with a used car dealership here as a service mgr. He wasn't sure if he would like it but now loves his job. Also--allow me to brag on my hubby for a sec--he's damn good at what he does. He's gotten the attention of the company owner and has been told on more than one occasion that he's the best service mgr in the company (by the head honcho no less). He is home every day by around 7'ish, has every Sunday off and once in a blue moon works half a day on Saturday--that's only happened 4 or 5 times in the last year.

Okay, so here's where I/We need advice...

Remember those uppity ups at Sears who he got in good with? Well, a lot of them now work for Pepboys and are uppity ups there. They have contacted him a couple of times trying to get him to work for them and he's turned it down. Well, they've contacted him again and his first reaction was to turn it down. He figured that the position would require days of travel a week and multiple overnight stays elsewhere. They are wanting him to interview for a Regional Mgr position and we figured that would cover 3-6 states. So we chatted about it, decided against it, end of story. Except...

*If* he were to get hired, he would start at a much higher rate of pay than he's currently making. That alone wouldn't sway us, but he found out that the region only covers IN and KY, which means way less travel than we had originally thought. Still...he'd lose his weekends off and would work from home.

Ugh! I normally wouldn't hesitate blowing this off, but let's face it--in this economy it's tough to say no to a much higher paying job. We're doing okay right now, but if Chris misses making his bonuses for just a couple of months--we're back to living paycheck to paycheck. The one thing that's tricky is, the company he's working for now isn't hurting at all because of the economy--just the opposite! It's booming! If he were to work for Pepboys he's essentially working for a retail company again which could very well be effected by the economy, kwim?

I'd really like to start saving hard core for the kids' college and our future. But is it worth it? Is it worth him being gone and the kids not seeing him? Is it worth the extra stress of me doing everything by myself for days at a time? Or am I making more out of it than it is? There are women (and men too) who's spouses work out of town for days, weeks or even months at a time--they do it.

Sigh...help! He's confused, I'm confused...we've decided to think long and hard, weigh the pros and cons and regroup.

What would you do? Please oh please chime in!! And don't be afraid to give it to me straight--I need objective opinions here ladies!!

Okay so there you have it. Sorry for the crazy long post, but I'm kind of freaking out here...

Good think I kicked my stress eating habit huh? Thanks so much for any input/advice you have for us--we're seriously at a loss as to what to do!

Gotta go get more water and keep myself busy...
Until later...
Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #134  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Hey ladies. Well we ended up not going to the family reunion, but having a staycation instead. It was nice, but I ended up gaining about 4 pounds in that week. I was completely miserable, feeling guilty and mad at myself for stupid decisions. I expected a gain, but I was floored by 4 pounds in one week. I pretty much lost my groove completely. I've tried to focus on portion control again and try as I might I am not finding the exercise groove again. Without exercising I've managed to go from 289 back down past where I was and am now down to 282.6! I know I am not going to make my goal this month, but at least I am on my way back down again.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #135  

Hey girls! Just here for a quick sec to post pics...

Ack! Can't believe I'm doing this!

My Hair Now ~

I searched for a before pic but I can't find one where my hair isn't up in a Mommy bun/pigtail.

Be back after the kiddos go to bed to check in on you girls!

Gekster
~ Glad to see you hun!! I'll be back for a more personal message in a bit!