Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 7

Good Morning Everyone.

this is for all of us who need it. One more day of work weed
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Happy Memorial Day to all of us losers!!

I got my hour or exercise in already, on my bicycle!! I rode back and forth on stretch of my mountain road, up and down hills, I did the round trip twice. It was awesome. I only had to stop on one section and the first time, I stopped twice, didn't get off the bike, just caught my breath..the 2nd time I only stopped once and I rode all the rest of the hills with NO stopping.

Needed to find outside cross training, that might be it!!

W 100
E Done other than some resistance bands later while I watch TV
E OP, Yogurt for breakfast, hog dog w sauce for lunch, think grilled swordfish for dinner. Need to find a snack.
D I am worth it
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

We've got almost 6 weeks left in this challenge! We need to get on the ball, people!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #4  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Here comes the sun....

doot doot en doodoo

Speaking of doo.... Got a call from friends renting our Havasu place on on Friday night that they arrived Thursday night and the house was flooded. I will let you figure out where and how I spent my weekend. The scale shows my stress weight. Not wot worry, we have 6 weeks. I am resetting my goal at an attainable 10lbs by the 4th of July.

Jen - thanks for the fire!
Jlea - I am gonna get on the ball. the exercise ball. That where I will be doing my ab work this week.
E32 - Posting daily. You and me, come on, again. we can do it.
Mtiggie - I am moving the vibes to 187. Go there, be there... enjoy!
Grazie - No quitting right? I actually had to remind myself this morning. I went to buy shorts, in a bigger size. I stood there thinking - there's no quitting. And I walked away from the 18's. Thank you... where are you anyway?
MMavie - mmmmm swordfish sounds fantastic. And the bike ride sounds amazing too!
Lumi - Welcome back.

I am sitting knowing in my head that I should go walk with the dog. My body is saying you need to stop, and sleep. I am torn.... I'll let ya know how it goes.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #5  

Morning all! I am going to be posting less this week, trying to stop talking about losing and just lose. Have dropped the 5# challenges until I can get back under 150. All is well though, eating well and exercising like crazy, not changing much right now, but it has to whoosh off soon.

Kris, did the dog get a walk? Mine are liking my new found energy, gets them a bit of a wander too.

JC, hope things are well.

Lumi, hope you come back this week, really nice to see you.

Grazer, how are your hours of exercise coming? Today I am going to get off the computer in just a second and do a quick video, then running after work.

MT, hope the scale found you happy this week, you are doing great!

Everyone else, miss you, come around.

W 100
E See above, all planned out
E OP
D My goal is under 150 to stay, then under 145, 5 at a time is fine.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default Morning girls!

I am planned and packed today. Ready to do this.

MMavis ~ I get the "quit talking and start losing feeling". I thought about backing off of posting myself. I think I still need to have a true "check in" with someone other than me though. No, the dog did not move. Nor did I. I spent my night cooking up my good foods, and getting 8 hours sleep. Ready to take on the day though! Hope you have a great one too!

Alrighty. WEED for today, just today, and no more than one day at a time.

W: 64oz
E: 30 walk tonight, minimum
E: Planned out. Gonna log all food today
D: I deserve to take the time for myself to be my healthy self. Everyone else can go away for a while.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

everyone Plain old sick right now. This dang thing has got me so down. Ug. sipping tea and and drinking fluids. I am turning over and going to go back to sleep now.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh mmavis...i'm here this week. I was soooo busy yesterday, i didn't even think to come here and post. Yesterday i went to a class at the gym..then it was off to do some shopping..then i came home and cooked and cleaned allllllll day long. Whew. I was tired. lol.

Today...i hit the gym first thing this morning. I took a yogalates class and a power pilates kickboxing class. One right after the other. I am soooo sore. And i have to go back tonight. The littles ones have their kids cardio class, so for that hour i will be on the treadmill and the elliptical. Then they will want to go to the kids clubhouse and i guess i'll go do some upper body weight lifting. I don't have another weightlifting class until thursday, i think.

I am trying to be op today.

W- 64 ounces
E- 1400-1500 calories
E- 2-3 hours today (i know..sounds like a lot but i love my classes)
D- Wait for it, wait for it....yes...the pants are falling down!!! lol

Jeni...i hope you feel better soon!!! Get lots of rest and fluids!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

MM- I got an hour or more in on Sunday but only a luch time walk yesterday because I had a bridal shower last night. Look out tonight!

Nix- I hear ya about buying bigger clothes. Let's committ to smaller clothes! Heck, I'd be happy if my clothes fit comfortable.

JCat- Hope you're on the mend.

Lumi- How's Yogalates? Sounds cool.

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. Work has some of these sites blocked and I had to go to a wedding shower last night. I only had a couple of jube-jubes, yeah staying far from the treat table.

I think I'll borrow from MM and stop talking about losing and start losing! I think I can lose 5 pounds in 6 weeks. I didn't realize we had that much time left.

No, I change that. I am going to lose 5 pounds in 6 weeks.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Rolled right out of bed this morning and did my five miles with Leslie S. I still dislike all the arm exercises but I can see my endurance is increasing.

I had a delicious dinner last night. Started off with my usual "monster salad" base, then added a chopped apple and half a grapefruit cut into sections, then half a package of imitation crab, then poured this citrus dressing (recipe follows) over it. It didn't taste like much by itself but really came alive over the salad ingredients. I'm having it again today to use up the remaining grapefruit and crab.

I'm concentrating this week on getting in my exercise and planning my menus more carefully so I get all my points in, instead of shorting myself. That's what seemed to do the trick last week and while I'm not expecting another repeat of that wonderful 4 pound loss, I'd like to see at least a pound off at the scale. Gives me such a kick when I see that challenge ticker move!

Citrus Salad Dressing
4 Servings
This tart, sweet salad dressing is wonderful on dark, leafy salad greens like romaine or leaf lettuce tossed with orange segments, black olives and red onion slivers.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon quality extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions:
Whisk all the ingredients together or combine in a small jar and shake well. Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 days.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Grazer....yogalates was alot of fun but it was hard. I learned today...I have absolutely no sense of balance!! lol. I was falling all over the place. I think the only thing i was good at was "downward dog". lol. But it was fun. I definately need to keep taking that class so i can get better balance and flexability.

I did end up going back to the gym tonight. I did about 30 minutes on the treadmill and then i did a few upperbody weight excersizing. I worked on my biceps, triceps and shoulders.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Tomorrow won't bring me as much excersize as i would like. The teen daughter has a dentist appointment in the morning and then i have to run home to relieve the bf from babysitting **** with my nephew. lol. I won't get to go back until 5pm tomorrow for my Power Pilates Kickboxing class. But i get to wear my new work out outfit i bought tonight. Yay!!! :-)
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Lady- thanks for the recipe and WTG on the loss!!!

Lumi- can't wait to hear about power pilates kickboxing!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #13  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Here's good ole Mindy, stuck again. I just keep hovering around 190, sometimes 189, although it's been several days. Why can't this be easier??? This is my last post of the day, then I workout. HA!! What's new??? When do I not workout??? When does this body give up some poundage????

I wish motivation were the problem. I wouldn't feel so bad about the lack of progress if I'd been slcking. You know what I mean??

Well, I'm off to workout now. See ya.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

Hola Chicalitas!
Glad to see everyone is getting here! Im fired up for the last 6 weeks to be a success!

Jen – Hope you are feeling better soon. Get some good rest. Lord knows you have been through enough stuff falling apart. Your body is rebelling. Hang tough little mamma!

Mtiggie – You workout girl! It will come off… it always does… consistency! How much have you lost in the last year???? Do you need a reminder????? You can do it.

Lady – BRAVO!!!!! Bed to 5 miles. YOU ROCK! We did have fantastic weather for walking today. (So much so that my BF did a 1.5 hour walk with the dog this morning. I was jealous!)

Grazie – No bigger clothes. I am uncomfortable in my clothes that “fit” right now too. So I want to be back in my 14’s by the end of this challenge. My new 12’s would be a bonus! No larger clothes! It’s a deal! And proud of you for the I AM GOING TO LOSE commitment.

MMavie – I saw we are both Blue teamers on the BL Summer Challenge. If you see me posting here and not there, you have full permission to smack me up and get me tuned in!

Lumi – you are a busy girl! And you fit in so much exercise! What a way to lead by example for your kids, and us!!!!

So I had a fit tonight. A Wii FIT! I did my mii and about fell over when it told me I was 49 Wii years old. That’s 12 years older than my real age. I am gonna stick with it. Should have opened the box 8 months ago….. all I know is 8 months from now will be a new me. I can’t do this hot cold thing on the health like I have for the last 10 years.

K girls, waters down, exercise is done, food is logged. Now gotta go get my sleep. Be Good. I’ll be checking in on ya all tomorrow!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
….. all I know is 8 months from now will be a new me.
Kris, love, love, love this, so true. If we all stay focused, 8-% of the time between now and January 27, 8 months from today, think of the awesome changes to our bodies!!

Grazer, I am sticking with it, today however will be my rest day. Yesterday, I did a video before work, a walk at lunch and then a run after work. Got it all in!

Tonight I am meeting a friend for dinner. Need to make really good choices and i will. Thinking 1 glass of wine, then water to drink, some sort of fish or chicken for dinner.

Lumi, holy kamoley, that's a lot of exercise. Your pants will fall off before the 4th of July!!

Mindy, stick with it. Maybe measure? maybe your measurements are changing more than the pounds right now.

Jeni, feel better!

Lady, sounds yummy!

OK, got to get moving!! Shout out to those not here, HT, Michelle, Aud, E32 and everyone else too!

W 100
E Do some. Gonna rain today but will take the stairs today at work , 16 flights to get where I am going, at least once and try for twice. Also maybe hula hoop when I get home from dinner
E OP, not worth the bread basket to mess it up.
D I can.