Video Game Challenge - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #46  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Delphi: I think you'll be very happy with getting EA Sports. I don't know how different it is from My Fitness Coach, but it's a huge improvement from Wii Fit.

Plexi: I'd love to get a Red Octane mat, but I already splurged too much this month getting EA Sports. If I start playing lots of DDR I'll put it on a list for next time I have extra cash. I can play DDR for hours and feel it working. I wish I'd actually turn it on and go for it more often.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #47  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Talina ~ Yeah, I'm uber excited about getting it. I'll probably do it tonight. I went with the strength training with the My Fitness Coach this morning just so I could try the cardio for the Active tonight.

Starbuck ~ Resistance bands? So it comes with equipment to, or is that something separate I would have to purchase?

..and daily progress is as follows:

May 25 ~ Wii Fit [Aerobics & mini games] 40 minutes--Wii Sports [Boxing & Tennis] 30 minutes
May 26 ~ 60 minutes w/My Fitness Coach
May 27 ~ 45 minutes Wii Fit [Aerobics] & [Wii Sports Boxing]
May 38 ~ 60 minutes w/My Fitness Coach [Strenght Training]
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

It comes with a resistance band and a special holster thing that goes on your thigh for the nunchuck to sit in.

Some reviews i've read have said that the resistance band is a bit poor quality, but i've never used them before and thought it was really good.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #49  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Hey ladies! I got back on track yesterday and did the Wii MFC session with Maya. I only did 15 minutes but from now on I think I'll do 30 minutes at least.

I also updated my Nintendo DS program, My Weight-Loss Coach. I only did 2 of the 3 challenges from yesterday (the third was a "surprise me" challenge and it was "run for 20 minutes"; I'm really not ready for that yet!).

Time to get my challenges for the day on MWLC. Have a good fitness day, everyone!

Last edited by Pas de Chaton; 05-28-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #50  

Hi again, ladies! So glad so many of you are into this!!! Well, today is very dreary here in NH. I went to that concert last night. Lissus, I guess the most popular song CAKE did was short skirt/ long jacket ( I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooonnngggg jacket!). It was a LOT of fun but got a wee bit trashed. Drank a lot of wine, had some shots. Met the band and got to dance in the front row after I made friends with security.
We stayed over night and we got a call around 5 that one of my friend's dad had a heart attack. He was diagnosed a few months ago with terminal cancer. It was so heartbroken to be hung over and watching your friend go through that. Needless to say, we packed up and hauled back to NH so that she could head to VT to be with her father. I have since heard, we denied treatment and has passed. Sooo very sorry for her. She is a wonderful woman and this just plain old sucks!

So, today I did some wii fit balance games for a half hr. I am still headachey and should have taken it easy (skipped) but feel very, very guilty about all the calories I ate and drank last night.

How is everyone else doing? Looks like a lot of you do not like wii fit? Is it too easy? I am sweating up a storm after free stepping and free running. I usually add some weights to make it more challenging and give me some strength training simultaneously.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was my rest day on the EA Sports Active so I did some yoga on the Wii Fit. Probably not as much as I shoudl have but I did something.

today I did my time on the EA Sports Active. Still loving the workouts I am getting with it
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #52  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Day 18 WiiFit - 20 minutes of hula hoops, step and boxing

Workout #6 EA SA - Still hate the running, and had to skip the alternating bicep curls because no matter what I did I couldn't get it to register. It got stuck halfway through, so I restarted the exercise and it did the same thing (so I suppose doing it twice halfway through counts IRL, but the game didn't count it)

Same weight and BMI as yesterday, but as it's my TOM. I'm just happy it's not a gain, and hoping I'll see a big loss once this water weight goes away.

Today was supposed to be a rest day on EA, but seeing as I took 2 days off earlier in the week I worked out anyways, and it reset my rest day for tomorrow.

Last edited by Lissus; 05-28-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #53  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all.

I know I posted a Wii Fit thread before but thought I'd jump back in. I am apparently on Day 111 but only actually used it for 30 of them I hit 10 hours FINALLY a few days ago.

Today I did 30 mins (2 hula hoop, long run, advanced boxing for 10 mins and then 2 ski jump).

How do people like the new EASports? I think that was the one that just came out...

I know Jillian's game got bad reviews.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #54  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Starbuck ~ Thanks for the info. I tried to look for it today at wally world and couldn't find it and gamestop wasn't open yet. I'll probably have to wait until the weekend.

Laurie ~ Sounds like you had one heck of an evening.

Jenne ~ Welcome aboard! You know I've seen a lot of the Wii threads but it seems like they all die out. I do hope we can get one going that actually stays active.

Welcome to everyone else. Looks like everyone is getting their gaming on and that is great.

YOu ladies have a great day!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #55  
video game junkie

Jenne -

I think the EA Sports Active has it's pro's and con's, but all in all I'd give it a thumbs up. It definitely makes me sweat, and Oh boy am I feeling it in my legs and arms.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #56  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Day 2: 30 minutes of Wii MFC (cardio only)
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #57  
~Cupcake

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

Lissus- I had that problem too but eventually figured it out. Hold the remotes in your hand with the buttons and stuff facing upwards. Hope that helps
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #58  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexi View Post
Lissus- I had that problem too but eventually figured it out. Hold the remotes in your hand with the buttons and stuff facing upwards. Hope that helps
Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow
Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #59  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Delphi: When you're looking for EA Sports keep in mind that it comes in a bigger box for the extras. I got mine at Walmart and it was sitting in the bottom shelf under the other Wii games.

I'm being bad and slacking again today. My calves are still sore and I want to be sure to give them plenty of time to rest.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Did my day 2 of the 30 day workout yesterday and loved it. I did so many squats on day 1 I was considering skipping it because my legs hurt so much, but I was really impressed that it gave me a totally different workout using different muscles. So happy I didn't have any more squats.

Today is my rest day and I sure am taking it, my legs need to recover.

Lissus - when you do the bicep curls try to have the remotes pointing horizontially first of all, and then as you curl up they should start pointing upwards, that should do it.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote