Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #61  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Starbuck - Trust me. I tried that. I got thru half of them fine, but once it got hung up, I couldn't get it to register again. I reset the exercise, started from the beginning, did fine thru 5 reps and it got hung up again.

I've been having one of those days. It was probably just trying to tick me off :P
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #62  

Operation Bikini is back on full force today. I have been drinking lots of water and will have a lean menu planned. Just finished 30 mins of free step on wii fit and will prolly bike ride 30 mins in my home gym and maybe do some weights.

Good luck everyone!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #63  
video game junkie

Today is my rest day, and I'm going to take advantage of it. Give my knees a break. Those lunges in EA SA have been rough.

Last edited by Lissus; 05-29-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #64  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I hear ya Lissus, the My Fitness Coach strength training yesterday (for an hour) completely killed me for today. I feel like a Mac Truck ran over me. Whew! But I think I'll still try to get a little boxing or some low impact mini games this afternoon. We shall see. You ladies have a great day.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-29-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #65  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I bought the EA Sports today so I hope DW and I like it or else $60 down the drain, lofl.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #66  
~Cupcake

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

It'll definitely make you feel the burn, Jenne ;D
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #67  

Can I ask a quick question? I have seen EA sports and My fitness coach. Which one gives the best workout? I did a half hr of stepping, a half hr running and a half hr on my bike. I plan on doing some low impact games for a half hr tonight. I feel like wii fit is still giving me a good workout. Did you all start with wii fit and it wasnt challenging? Just wondering if I should step it up (and yes, I am obsessive).
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #68  
video game junkie

I haven't tried My Fitness Coach yet, but the EAS Active definitely gets you sweating.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #69  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I have a feeling that they're both pretty similiar, but I haven't tried My Fitness Coach. The obvious difference with EA Sports is that it comes with the resistance strap and leg holder for the nunchuck. EA Sports tracks your body movements with how you move the wii remote, but I've found that it isn't always as acurate as it could be. I don't know if MFC tracks your body or if it's more like a fitness video that doesn't know how you're doing. Can someone clarify this?
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Some random discussion questions for you all!!

For those of you who have Wii Fit....

What do you think is the hardest activity?
What activities do you feel does nothing for you?
What activities make you feel the best?
What activities do you do the most?
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I think Hula Hoops are pretty hard! To get the right circular motion. I look ridiculous doing it! Haha. Oh! And the Jackknives!!! My abs hurt for days after doing those!

Skiing! The jumping thing? I don't really get the point. I guess it's balance? But I don't really get it!

Yoga makes me feel good! I feel pretty good after step cardio too!

Step cardio!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #72  

Completed Day 3 of EA Sports Active 30DayChallenge. I'm glad they're switching things up, but I found todays workout (with the exception of the side to side jumps because of my bad knees) to be alot easier than the first two.

I also did 45 minutes on the stepper.

I think the hardest would be the push ups where you reach up to the sky between each pushup. It's not that I don't have the strength to do them, but my hands get so sweaty, I worry that I'll slip and land face first into the balance board.
the soccer
Boxing, Running, lunges and the jackknives. They're the ones that I either get a great sweat from, or/and can feel working post workout.
Boxing
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

As expected, Fridays are not going to work well for me. I missed my EA workout yesterday but will pick it up today (which was supposed to be my rest day). So no exercise to report for yesterday.

Lissus: I had the same problem with the remotes. And although I am aware of how to hold the remotes properly I still miss doing it sometimes. the first time I did the workout I coul dnot get it to register the bicep curls. It was so frustrating. I do it now ok unless I am slacking

there are a few yoga moves I find difficult. I just need to work on my balance more I guess. And I need better flexibility as well.

Step although I LOVE doing it. I dont' feel anything after it though. Doesn't work up a sweat, or increase my heart rate. I find it more of a mental workout watching to make sure I stay with the steps.

I love yoga. It's really the only thing I use it for anymore. I had tried yoga in the past but found it difficult trying to do the moves and crane my neck to watch the video. Much easier and more effective having the moves explained and doing it one by one.

YOGA! Specifically the warrior pose. Love it!
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #74  
video game junkie

In WiiFit, definitely the push ups with side planks. OWWWIE!!!!
In EAS Active... the running.
I have a hard time with a lot that have you standing on your toes. I've sprained my ankles more times than I care to count. I'm wobbly. Probably should get some ankle braces to work out with and see if that helps my stability.

Most of the balance games. I tend to skip a lot of them.

The step cardio. It's just fun. And the music is upbeat. In EAS Active I love the boxing. Gets out a lot of aggression, and I like the knee kicks

The yoga. I start off with that every day I work out, if only to get me prepped for the EA.

Today... just worked with the WiiFit. Did 40 minutes of various yoga, and aerobics. Stayed up WAY late playing MarioKart and Guitar Hero with a friend, just didn't have it in me to do the EA workout today. Maybe later once I'm more awake.

BMI and weight going down slowly.. but they're going down

Last edited by Lissus; 05-30-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 AM   #75  

Can I join?

I have a few Wii games but the ones I think work me out the best are DDR and EA Active.

I liked the format that someone else used.

I am starting tomorrow.

I am thinking of starting c25k also---just the first week so it isn't going to be too intense. I just want to start. I have to walk my furry friend every day so I might as well add a little jogging, right??

Sometimes I think the best ways to change our bodies is with jogging . . . but what do I know??

I wish it were addictive for me!! Maybe the challenge will help me make it a habit and eventually I will be hooked?? Here is to hoping!!

See you all tomorrow.

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote