Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #1  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 224/203/165

Height: 5'6"

Default New Here---New Challenge! 10 in 4

I wanted to join a challenge to be a little more accountable-- but many have already been in progress a few weeks, so thought I would try and start my own, and hopefully have some people join in!

Challenge 10 in 4!

Im at the beginning (again!) of my journey-- when things seem to move a little quicker, so I thought a 10lb loss in 4 weeks would be a very doable challenge!

Start date (for me) is today,
May 7th- June 7th
Weigh in as much as you like

SW 221.2

CW 221.2

GW 211.2
dixie818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #2  
My Own Worst Enemy

Forgot to add, I would LOVE a buddy! Chats on yahoo/msn IM etc just to keep me on track--and because--well i have no real "adult" friends LOL!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Ill join. Im not sure that I can actually lose 10 in 4, but I sure can try!
I dont mind being a buddy. It might help me stay on track a little better. I don't have msn or yahoo, but I do have aim. My aim sn is gatormd6.

I am currently staying with my sister, so I dont have an accurate scale to weigh in on, for my starting weight. I will be home on Sunday, so that will be my first weigh in and the first day of my four weeks.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/209/160

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to join. I just lost 12 pounds in the last four weeks so I am hoping with my hard work that I can lose 10 in another 4 weeks (in time for my 25th birthday).
Starlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #5  
waisting away

I think dixie went away, but I am here. Id love to try this with you!
I have been checking this thread and there hasnt been any chatter for a while, so I had almost given up on it.

I just started a new diet plan (I lost 15lbs on one and then plateaued so Im switching it up to re-spark the weight loss) and I am just now getting back to exercise. I am just getting over a broken ankle. Today was my first day back at the gym. I can only use the exercise bike due to range of motion and impact. I have never used an exercise bike before. Today I did 40 min on it and went 11.75 mi. I have no idea if that is good or not. I used a resistance of 8, but I dont know if that should be higher.
So far this week, I have been great about food. I am trying to eat healthy and stay away from processed foods. I am going to try this for a week or two and see how it works. I am not counting calories or anything, just good decisions. I hope to follow the idea of 'if you can shoot it or grow it, you can eat it'. I think it will be great.

Im super glad that you are going to try this with me. Oh and congrats on your upcoming birthday!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #6  
My Own Worst Enemy

Hey Starlet & Gator,

So So sorry for abandoning the thread, I came on to update yesterday and forgot about the downtime of the site.

Well unfortunately I think the stupid pills im taking are doing the opposite of what they are supposed to, ive actually GAINED a pound WTF!?!?!?
Ive been going on the treadmill every day--- usually when I re-start working out, i lose a few lbs right away, but not this time lol!

Yesterday I got the 2 new DVDs i ordered, crunch-cardio dance blast
and dance off the inches hip hip party-- i really, REALLY hope they are not as cheesy as some of the other ones i have

Im hoping that by Friday or heck even Monday Ill have a better progress report ugh!

So far:

SW 221.2

CW 222.3 (i think this is the most Ive ever weighed!

GW 211.2
Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #7  
waisting away

Dixie: I'm so glad you're back. I know we can all do this. I hope those DVDs work out for you. I have two that are just terrible. One is hula dancing (which I would love to learn how to actually do) and the other is line dancing. They are the worst ever. I've tried the 30ds and really liked it. I think I am going to start it again once my ankle allows me to. I have my doc appt today. Hopefully he will tell me that I am all healed and just need to finish physical therapy. I went to the gym again today. It wasn't as good as yesterday, but the second day never is. I did 8.25 mi in 36 min but at a higher resistance. I'm hoping that this reintroduction to exercise really helps boost the weight loss.

SW 179.2 (as of Sunday)
CW 177.6
GW 169.2
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #8  
My Own Worst Enemy

My sister had 30ds and she loves it, well she hates it--but loves the results--so I may get a copy, after i get more used to all this moving LOL!
Wow! 8.25 miles is awesome, im lucky if I can do a mile in 20 mins lol I think i just get so bored, but soon--ill get it! Hula dancing sounds like fun-- i dont know why most of the dvds are so annoying/goofy I mean really-- do they think we like that stuff? I tried the hip hop one, and so far I like it---Im not very good a it (lol) but I do like it, and she isnt really perky & annoying so that helps alot. Plus they have a section where they just show you how to do the 10 basic moves, so when they start the routine its a little easier to follow along-- now if i could just get my rhythm back--id be all set!
I wish they had work out dvds with people of normal size doing the instructing-- ya know maybe a chubby chick? Then i could say--ok so it CAN be done--its NOT only for the size 2's haha

Last night I also decided to re-join curves-- i think it will help me physically as well as mentally because Im home--ALL DAY-- and its starting to get depressing, so it will be nice to have somewhere to go, even if it is to go around in a circle for 30 mins LOL! I figure I;ll go the 3 mornings, prob mon wed fri, and then do my treadmill or walking outside at night, and maybe do the hiphop or cardio tapes on the odd days. Im hoping that this will really jump start the weightloss, because i dont know how much more 'rising on the scale' i can handle before i snap

Last edited by dixie818; 05-14-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #9  
waisting away

I'm home most of the day too right now. I am looking for a summer job, but since I am recovering from a broken leg, its a little tricky. I have to remind myself that being home all day doesnt equate to eating all day. I tend to eat when Im bored. Re-joining curves sounds like a great idea. Hopefully it will be just what you need to shed the weight. I always do better when I have some sort of support system.

As for the 8.25 miles, that was on a bike. I could never put up those numbers on foot.

Well, I'm off to physical therapy so that my ankle will start working like it's supposed to.