Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #16  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

mmavis: I am now an Independant Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay. Treating it like a business is the way I will drag my butt out of the corporate world

Gotta get ready for work....morning all....having salad and a healthy choice fresh pasta dish for lunch. Breakfast probably a 100 cal english muffin, some neufchatel cheese, or some oatmeal. Snacks, cheese sticks and fruit. Working on really trying to stay hydrated with the heat this week

I have another bellydance show next month, so I have a rehearsal tonight. That garage is gonna be HOT but that's ok...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #17  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Ladies

Nchellie... just breathe... and like Mmavis said... we are here for you. And I have a long list of life blunders that I have learned huge lessons from.

Preggers at 17
Married twice
Divorced twice.
Was a cheater.
Was cheated on.
Bought stuff I really couldn't afford without consulting other half.
and the list goes on.

If you need us... we are here. Just as unperfect as anyone else, and fighting to better ourselves. PM someone if you need to. We all love ya!

Mtig... curse thee weight gain!

crap... forgot about morning meeting. back in a bit.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #18  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Hey Everyone,

My question for the day:

Does anyone know about how much water weight is lost before the actual pounds? Here is the thing I started this real exercise and eating right on Monday. It is now Wednesday and I just had to get on the scale because it is so hard for me to stay away from it. I lost 5 pounds, and I am pretty sure that is water weight. What do you think?

Cheers~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Heya ladies!

Missed ya all hehe, not been on a few days, been so busy with work , omg and now your on a 2nd thread so, I'm here with a newer weed.

W - 2 litres
E - Archery 2 hours tomorrow and a long walk over the weekend ontop of the usual stuff
E - gonna try Wheat free
D - Me time

So I been a bit low and have had some tests ran, looks liek I have a malabsorption problem and arn;t taking in b12 and folate which is using up all my iron resources and leaving me anaemic and very tired, hmpf will see how it goes.

Shari - hope your move is going smoothly
Nix - God you have been through alot in your life

Anyhoo catch up better tomorrow
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Michelle. Take good care of yourself. We've been friends for a long time and I will miss you. I hope to see you back soon.

I cant believe it is Wednesday. I'm not much to add to the fun these days. The last month hasn't been very good for me. First being sick on vacation, then my furnace. Then A completely HORRIBLE week at work. Last sunday DH found another leak in my roof, last Monday came home to a chunk of my kitchen ceiling on the floor. I TRIED very hard to stay optimistic. Now my fridge has gone out. It is only 2 years old! I had just gone to Costco and stocked it then boom. All that money in the garbage I haven't been able to muster up the energy to workout because I am worried about paying for everything that needs fixed. boo. Mak has been sick off and on since Disneyland so after running a 102 fever I took her to the doctor. Just a virus, but the doc is worried about her constant headache. Got a prescription for a med that treats allergies/migranes but Mak is refusing to take it (she has the ability to maker herself vomit). We are going to take her in to get glasses, eye doc says she barely needs them but with her headache. . . we will try anything. Trying not to worry about more horrible causes for her headache but I am a worry wart.

Sorry to dump all this on you guys. DH just says don't worry. I wish it was that easy. The only good news is the scale hasn't gone up anymore. I will check in again soon.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #21  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

AY AY AY!!! It seems when one of us is on a bad roll, we all are. Hang in there ladies. It will get better. I found myself in the car this morning thanking God for healthy, sensible, happy, well adjusted children. So many people have crazy stuff happening (ie. see nix's list) No one sick, or pregnant, or in jail around here. When I look at the bigger picture, I truly have a lot to be thankful for. We tend to get caught up in all the "small" stuff. Sometimes we need to step back and look at the forest.

How's that for a boost? Well good news here is I was down 1.2/5 pound gain.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #22  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm alive....and even though my dayjob sux....I get to rehearse tonight, and I'm building my own business. I am happy It's gonna be a hot rehearsal tonight....literally LOL

*hugs* to all of you girls!!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Hello ladies!

It's been a pretty good week so far, only one slip up with my eating plan. Normally I would let something that small totally derail me but this time I picked up and moved ahead. I'm trying to stay focused and keep my eye on the goal. My mini vacay is coming soon I really don't want to be on the beach feeling self conscious. The only thing I can do from here until then is work extremely hard. Im even thinking about doing AM workouts in addition to my evening gym sessions. I'm very determined!!! Sorry for the banter! I know Im going on and on!!

Jaya: The challenge is a great way to bond with your daughter and get fit!
Way to go!!!!!!
Grazer: I think I will be doing lunges while I watch Top Model!!! Good idea!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused! We can do this ladies, its all in the mind. We control our bodies! (Theme Music From Rocky Playing LOL)
:c arrot:
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Kris ~ What's up girlie?

MM ~ Sorry but I LOLed at Cale not thinking you were coming back. Poor doggie.

Grazer ~ We're doing commerical exercise in another thread too! I want to get a jump rope for mine.

Jaya ~ That's really cool about the challenge you and your daughter are doing. Pepsi is my crack! And it's hard to shake the habit.

Mindy ~ Stupid cycle.

HT ~ I'm SO happy things are looking up for you! I would buy Mary Kay from you!

Hey E!

Kosh ~ I hope the tests find out exactly what's wrong and it's not too bad.

Jeni ~ Extra BIG for you!

Lynne ~ All this talk of vacas is making me jealous! No, I'm just joking!

I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jeni Hang in there, you've hit a rough patch, but let's pray the glasses are the fix for Mak.

Nmich We are here, hugs to you too.

Jaya, I don't really know, I bet it is different for everyone, but don't worry about it, just keep doing what you are doing, cuz it's working!!

Kosh, archery for 2 hours? Is that a hobby or do you compete?

JL, glad things are looking up!

Fablynne, I think maybe you joined while I was on vacay

HT, good luck with Mary Kay, hope you get a pink cadillac!!

MT, tracking in the right direction! Me too!

Kris, Fishing this weekend? It's gonna be 80 in NY, in April!!

Anybody seen Lumi or Aud on any other boards?

Grazer, still didn't find my bands, but did crunches, push-ups and leg lifts in sets of 10 while I watched TV last night!!

OK, as always, I stay on til I have to run or miss my exercise before work, also have to stir up a quick batch of no-bake cookies, cuz it's bring your child to work day! We are bringing treats for the kids joining us, none of mine. Although I should drag the 18 yr old in with me, wouldn't he be impressed?

W 100 doing ok with this, love my new huge cup for my desk!
E Crunches, elliptical, weather broke, did a 2 mile walk for lunch yesterday, doing same today and going to the 1st community fitness meeting at the school tonight, not sure what it's about, but gonna check it out!
E POP, stick with it!!
D I think I can!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies. Sorry about the rant yesterday I think I bottled up to much stress and yesterday it just all poured out.

We have a repair man coming over to fix the fridge today. Also have two companies coming over to give us job estimates for the roof. Keeping my fingers crossed that the massive cost drop in home building supplies will keep the roof cost down.

So I am trying to focus on the things that I can control. With my fridge out food choices are limited but I haven't been doing too terrible. My water is not a problem these days. I really need to readjust my focus so I can get back to the gym. I will get back to the gym.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #27  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hi Chicks,

I am drowning in despair at work... cuts coming, just got elected the Management Group chair, can't read what is "really" going on with my managers, but the highly paids are not being asked to cut.

I am drowning in frustration at home... BF is going crazy on disability, wondering if job will come up by June 1 (union boy) or if he should start his own business (has contractors license) and how he's gonna pay child support, having 30 people over for dinner Saturday and house is a disaster, dog just cost us $280 bucks and we still need to have $ for vacation in 2 weeks.....

And honestly, all I can manage to do is fret about my weight. I'm up today BIGTIME (and not in a Peter Gabriel song kinda way). so what to I do... eat a donut. Good one Kris... real productive.

Jlea - My scale is up girlie! I know its not the end of the world. I know I should be glad to have a job (I am). I just wish the negative wasnt bum rushing so many aspects of everyones lives at the moment. Its the .

Mavie - I will only be fishing for my sanity this weekend. If history repeats itself... It will be caught for about and hour sometime Sunday night after the kids go home. Then BF will start freaking about preparing for the real fishing trip the following weekend. I don't know if I should be greatful for the excitement in my life, or feel overwhelmed. Both I guess!

JCat... Mamma mia. You struck yuck luck oil, didn't ya. We get what we can handle??? Thats what happens when you/re a strong girl. Glad the repair man is on the way. And I guess I need to regroup, and focus with you, on that which I can control.

Mtiggie - SOOOO glad the scale moved for ya. And okay, so I will go home (after I leave this **** hole tonight) and make a list of things I am greatful for.

Crap... I gotta go take a call... back later
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #28  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Today is a new day. A beautiful, new day. Jeni is getting a fridge fixed, Shari is starting a new chapter of her life, MM is on track. YAY!!!

nix- Don't want to talk about cuts right now because I am in a good mood. Let me just say this. the district I work for is run by idiots. Are they smarter than a 5th grader??? H*** NO!!!

I was down another wee bit today. Trying to bust that 5 pound gain out. Hopefully I will get rid of more over the weekend. See ya all tomorrow.

By the way, I had a beautiful, sunny, 2 mile run tonight.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Hi all, had a pretty good day, the scale was kind enough to go down another pound yay for that. Just hope it continues. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing, I had a very long day at work (3 meetings not enough time to complete everything else I had to do) Major bummer! Anyway keep pushing wonderful ladies!

Nixmom: I know when life throws you curve balls we tend to focus on the needs of others as nurturers, forgetting ourselves along the way. It's okay to keep a focus on your weight in the mist of everything thats going on, you have to be strong and healthy to make through for yourself and to be there for others. Everything will work out as it should. Keep your head up and your eyes on the price. Hope this helps.

mothermavis: Howdy lady! I think you were on vacay when I joined. I'm a lil' ol' newbie!

Jasonslea: The closer it gets to vacay time, the more I'm dreading it! LOL lets trade places!

Ladies I'm turning in for the evening, sweet dreams and a wonderful tomorrow!
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #30  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Nix ~ I'm up too! I was on the scale exile till things quieted down but I hoped on today and up to 265.8!

MM ~ I would totally take the 18 year old. Tell him he's never too old to be embarrassed by mama!

Jeni ~ That's what we're here for! The good and bad rants!

Lynne ~ I wish I could trade with you! Where are you going for vaca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Let me just say this. the district I work for is run by idiots. Are they smarter than a 5th grader??? H*** NO!!!

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at 5 am! I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up though.

Last edited by JasonsLea; 04-24-2009 at 06:05 AM.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote