Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 370/320/190

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I absolutely love this website, it's so much easier to lose weight when I have this to come to each day.

Ms Perception - thanks! I know, it still cracks me up. It's a Mitch Hedberg quote (he's a comedian), you should look him up!

How's everyone's first day going? Mines going pretty well. This morning I woke up to find out that my family ordered pizza last night, so to divert the cravings I made a really nice breakfast without many calories at all. My mom just taught me the trick of making an omelete with two egg white and one whole egg, and man it was delicious. I used green peppers and low fat mozzerella cheese. Then I had some fruits on the side. This is a pretty big deal for me since I'm relatively new to cooking, and new to saying no to pizza. :P
I also walked half a mile today, as much as I didn't feel like it (my body's still getting used to it again, so I'm a bit sore), but I'm so glad I did it.

Last edited by fenderella5678; 04-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.
fenderella5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Moved the list to page 6 with any new additions. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; pop at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-01-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #78  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

I want to lose 5 pounds by the end of the month and hate to say my weight this morning was 157.5!!! YUCK! I had mexican last night so I am hoping it is salt so 152.5 is my goal
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Christian, I've added your name to the list above!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #80  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Thanks Jacqui!!
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #81  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Christian what a joy to see you on here! How are things going for you?
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

I think the list alone is going to take up a page at a time---it's great to know that all of you here care about yourselves enough to do this in April...it inspires me to want to stick to my goals as well...

Turning away from food, whether it be Starbucks or all the Easter Candy out there right now, or the convenience of the fast food places we all drive by when we're out and about----that is such a big step for me.....I have such an addiction to food---it's unfortunate that we need to eat to live, but I can't follow the opposite of not eating either....I just need to find the balance and I need to find it for more than just a couple days at a time!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Petunia So glad you're on here. You know I love my lilttle Petunia. My mom, wants to know what kind of Bush's Grillin Beans you said you liked alot?

Fenderella WTG on that omelet. My day is going pretty well, thank you. The more you start cooking the more creative you will become (like 2 egg white and 1 whole). I agree this site had helped me tremendously. Toast to a good first day!

Scarlet
Quote:
I have such an addiction to food---it's unfortunate that we need to eat to live, but I can't follow the opposite of not eating either....I just need to find the balance and I need to find it for more than just a couple days at a time!!
OMG I just I was just saying that. It really is a hard thing.

Msperception You are doing so awesome!

I am having a good first day of the month. And I resisted the greasy goodness temptations and am currenty having a subway sub. YAY!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 04-01-2009 at 07:46 PM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Hello everyone! My first day was a good day, though my calories are high for the day because I gave blood (for the first time ever!) and ended up getting really dizzy later in the day--I went back to the room where they were doing the blood drive and they made me drink LOTS of juice! But that's okay, those calories were definitely needed!

I did work out this evening on my stationary bike, being sure to drink even more water than usual...

I hope everyone is having a great April so far!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

First day done. I did okay food wise. Still room for improvement but better then usual. I spent 2 hours at the Y doing a Zumba class and a yoga class.

This is a fun thread. Everybody sounds excited. It is going to be a great month.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #86  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good evening all you chicks!
Bronte-I was high on my calories today too, I just seemed hungry all day. I did track all that I ate. Hopefully tomorrow I will be better on track. I know I will show a gain because I ate a lot of salty stuff....oh well tomorrow will be better.

Cakebatter- good for you on resisting. Wish I could have today, but couldn't get satisfied for some reason.

Msperception- I am so excited for you, I hope the scale keeps dropping!

Christian-Hello, and welcome. Good luck on your goal!

Hi Scarlett- glad to see you joined in again! We just have to keep at it! No matter what!

Fenderella- yikes pizza is tough! sounds like you had a yummy breakfast. WTG!
Full steam ahead- how was your day?
I hope everyone had a good 1st day! Mine was good on exercise, but not so hot on calories. That seems to be my cycle....every 4-5 days, I just am so hungry. So I will try to get back in control of it tomorrow.....
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #87  

Wow! I just read through the posts.......this is beautiful! Sounds like a lot of good first days here, congratulations girls .

ValD, Petunia, wannabeskinny again, and Christian

Christian, hey hey sis so happy to see you Thanks again for helping me get back into the groove again with your wonderful threads and support, you see what you got me doing? lol I think you have done a great job maintaining your weight loss, wtg Christian

Petunia, glad you found us. If my memory isn't failing me, are you the one who was seeing a cabbage soup recipe for st. Patty's day in the Valentines thread? Nice to see you girl

MsPerception, sounds great!

FitSara, wtg on the workout!

wannabeskinnyagain, absolutely you may join! Nice to have you aboard with us. .

Cakebatter, reading your post got me thinking and reminded me of something, about the food addictions and breaking them. I remember that the month before I first found this site (when I was desperate, I just could no longer stand feeling horrible, and guilt , shame from the food fests and all that stuff) I spent one whole month just working on getting myself on a schedule . My eating was all over the place, no set times, and one of my worst habits (aside from the types of food you mentioned) was late night eating! Oh it was tough breaking that at first. I would get watermelon and eat that and drink water and I remember still laying in bed not sleeping at first. I was pretty deep into some bad habits and for me ,at that time, it wasn't like I dove right into a perfect first day! It took me some time to break the cravings(or lessen them in frequency rather), stopped skipping meals, developed a schedule for lunch and dinner times, cut off point for dinner, replacing old bad eating habits with newer healthier ones! That's a lot!! Once I got that groundwork set, I joined here and was ready to lose weight (while working on laying the foundation, I maintained and put a halt to further gaining). When I didn't do good or thought I didn't, I would say ok tomorrow I will do better and slowly but surely every day I saw progress in some way and focused on that progress, no matter how little or great! What I found is that when we beat ourselves up, often times it can feed foodfests or hinder us from moving forward. You were able to pull yourself up after those feelings today and accomplish a great workout! wtg! That is great! JUst read your updated post, right on!

Jacqui.......wtg on having a good day and high motivation that is awesome.......and your awesome too! Your doing a great job with updating that thread for us! keep up the great work.

Hi Scarlet, wtg on the fight! It takes some practice, I really feel it does....it did for me anyways, but each time we fight and fight and fight we get a little closer and with time it becomes easier. Keep up the good work .

Fenderella, oh it sounds like you had a great first day, congratulations those postive feelings you get from doing good are going to help you do good tomorrow too! That is great that you made the omelettes and enjoy them! You know something? I always use the whole eggs but I know better and now I promise to try the ratio you did (after I use up my farm fresh eggs ) . One night a week, I have a brunch night for DH and I. Sometimes I make it for lunch too. I use the kraft fat free cheese (the yellow one, sometimes the mozarella too). After tomorrow nights dinner, I will try like you did it too! I have been needing a push in that direction ( I watch my cholesterol and all) so thanks for the inspiration fenderella . Congrats on the walk too! I think it is great that you started walking, they say it is the safest way to work out. I enjoy it too, which makes it a lot easier to get some exercise in.

Hi Bronte, congrats on a good day and the workout, the water too

I hope everyone else is well and remember if it wasn't a great day, tomorrow is a new day! We start fresh again tomorrow.

As for me, I had a good day. I managed some wii aerobics and kept busy with chores. Had my turkey wrap thingy for lunch and DH and I went out to dinner. I got the haddock(baked), salad, 1/2 bak. potato. (they have early bird specials which are very reasonably priced). I love that restaurant because I can order the fish and it is a nice break from chicken (which I eat a lot). I bet one of the reasons I had a better than usual week last week was because of the fish! I always lose more when I eat it. I am going to shoot for it at least 2x a week for now.

I bring a gallon jug of water with me while I sit on the pc and keep filling up my cup as I sip and write. It helps keep me full at night (my danger zone) and a great way to get some more water in. So far so good.

Sleep well everyone, I will catch you all in the morning. Let's keep at it, we can do this .
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #88  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. Well I got an 88 on my test today (a high B). Not great, but I'll take it. I had soo much trouble concentrating while taking it. My allergies have been driving me crazy and I kept sneezing throughout the test, and had a runny nose yuck Then the teacher and the proctor kept talking, and I sit in the front so I just kept giving them this look and they'd quiet down but only for a few seconds. I have a mild case of ADD and cannot concentrate at all with people talking or with lots of noises. So I'm actually fairly surprised I got a high B. I'm really hoping I'll feel better soon, cuz I have not been able to exercise for the past 2 days due to absolutely no energy. Next week is spring break so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on everything. Well I'm gonna get some sleep, I have an 8 am class tomorrow and if I don't go to sleep soon I won't have the energy to wake up in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to check back in tomorrow. Night everyone.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #89  

Lewisempire, hi there girl Tomorrow will be better! Those kinds of days are inevitable sometimes. When I experience that ( ex. hungry) I always try and analyze it but sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason to it!
So far I have been lucky......it hasn't hit yet this month (TOM nearing any day) so I had a good day. Some months it gets me, others it doesn't. Oh well, the important thing is that we just go right past the bump and onto our journey we continueeeeeeee wtg on the exercise, have you been geocaching? Yucky weather here girl and we are due for rain for the next 2 days to come. I have to force my hiney to get back on the treadmill! I got spoiled my outdoor walks! I didn't manage it today but tis a new day tomorrow and I need to tomorrow. Sleep well

OH by the way, for those of you that are new to the site, we use Initials here sometimes. DH means dear husband, DD dear daughter, DS, dear son, etc. and TOM means time of month...you will see that one floating around a lot! lol

Here is some for us all to get through the night without any late night eating and for our new day tomorrow.

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 04-01-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #90  

Hi zoochick, wow, it's so nice to see you all over here and that we are continuing our journey. Hey you, you did great...congratulations. It irritated me when you said that about them talking though! I can't beleive that! They should know that! I also sat in the front in all my classes (or dang close to it). I needed complete concentration and focus when I was taking an exam or studying....even someone shuffling about would irritate me, lol! OMG it's true, there should be complete silence in a test room, shame on them! Anyhow, you did great. I hope your allergies get better and I am glad that your spring rest is coming up so you can get a break. As for exercising, school takes way more precedence as I am sure you know...so keep up the great work and feel better .