Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #61  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Kirsty (a.k.a. PrettyFriend)-Don't get too discouraged, every day is a new day. You did a couple long workouts, so maybe just squeeze in a few shorter ones when time is short or your energy isn't there. You can do it!! We're here for you as your own personal cheer-leaders! (Not the annoying kind, either!)
Lewisempire I enjoy the WiiFit for the variety. It's not like it's some magical tool, but it makes it more of a game if you have others in the house doing it and you can compete with them or even against yourself to improve your scores and such. Thanks for the heads up on where to get good info/ratings for the units. DH and I research everything before we buy, so you were reading my mind! The trip was good. I kept up with the exercise which was one nice accomplishment. The food wasn't quite as successful, but it's all baby steps toward success! Live and learn is my motto right now....

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-24-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #62  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Ha ha you ladies are all so awesome!! I was doing really well as far as getting up before work and throwing in a 30DS lately i just can not drag my self out of bed. We were getting close to spring around my area until friday we got a MASSSSIVE dump of snow, like 2 feet probably?? We are totally back sliding into winter again, and as stupid as it sounds that just drains me! I want it to be sunny and bright out when i wake up at 6 to workout, not cloudy and snowy and gross!! I think the summer and sun would help so much!!

I should be receiving my income tax refund money soon, and i decided to use it towards a year long membership at the gym. eeek. I could walk outside or whatever, but for me a treadmill is so much better, i tend to slow pace walking on my own, without even realizing it!!

Still plugging at the 30DS. I really want to hit 20 by the end of this month, even if it means twice a day for the rest of the month!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Waaaay late on this one!! I wanted to go ahead and start so I would be in a groove April 1st.

So my goal is 20 miles by March 31st. I can do this!!

Look forward to doing this with all of you!
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #64  
Back at it...again!

3/1: 20 minutes elliptical, sit-ups/push-ups
3/2: 50 min (4 Fast Miles Walk Slim fitness video)
3/3: 20 min speed walk
3/4: 50 Min (4 Fast Miles Walk Slim fitness video)
3/5: 50 Min (4 Fast Miles Walk Slim fitness video)
3/6: Hours of Wii Sports!
3/7: Hours of Wii Sports!
3/8: 1 hour Wii Fit (all activites)
3/9: 15 min Wii Fit, 20 min walk
3/10: 15 min Wii Fit
3/11: day off
3/12: 38 min (WAH 3 miles with hand weights)
3/13: 38 min (WAH 3 miles with hand weights), 1 hour Wii Fit
3/14: 38 min (WAH 3 miles with hand weights), 30 min Wii Fit
3/15: 15 min walk OUTSIDE , 30 min basketball/tag with the kids WHEW!
3/16: 38 min (WAH 3 miles with hand weights), 1 hour Wii Fit
3/17: 38 min (WAH 3 miles with hand weights)
3/18: 32 min Wii Fit aerobics
3/19: day off
3/20: 53 min walk Outside
3/21: 1 hour walk Outside
3/22: 1+ hour clearing brush
3/23: 33 min Wii Fit Strength/Aerobics, 68 min (WAH 5 miles)
3/24: 15 min. brisk walk

Ladies, I'm a hurtin' unit tonight. This little cold I had has turned into a bigger, annoying cold with a headache! UGH! I am NOT doing anymore workout tonight. I hope it doesn't kill me on the scales, but I got nothing in me to do more tonight....
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #65  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey girls, this one will be quick! I did my 4.2 miles on the nordic track today! YAY
Msperception, you need to rest! lots of fluids! flush out your system, and rest some more! I hate colds!!!! I usually knock myself out for 3 days with nyquil!!! I am a wuss! Just take care of yourself, and feel better soon!

beachluvr79- Hi and welcome! sounds like a very attainable goal! Good luck!

Pretty friend- That's the spirit! in the words of Msperception, "obesity can eat our dust!" Just stay committed, and you will surprise yourself, and feel really great by the end of the month!

fullsteamahead, where are those minutes you promised us?? I know, you are probably out celebrating the 1.5 loss!!!! You earned it!!!!! YAY!

talk to you all tomorrow!!!! Goodnight
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #66  

Default Morning!

Ok, have to ask, what's a 30DS?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #67  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

its a work out video called 30 day shred. its by jillian micheals from the biggest loser!

Guess what ladies, its 6:30 am and I just got home from the gym lol, to me this is a HUGE deal as i am not much of a morning person. But I actually feel great!!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #68  

hiiiiiiiii girls, wow! You guys rock! Everyone is doing awesome and so keeping up with the thread! I am telling you girls, you help me so much! I honestly know I would slack much more without our thread here. It is so nice that we have each other to inspire one another and help each other to keep going and/or help motivate each other if we need a push. It is fun too! Love reading everyone's posts here too!

MsPerceptionnn, aw you! I hope your feeling better today. I am glad you rested last night, I doubt it will affect the scale at all, just look at your list!! You have been rocking it. Anyways, take care of yourself and wishing you a real speedy recovery from theat cold. Here is a nice cup of hot tea for you with a little honey in it too feel better

beachlvr It is nice to have you join us! Never too late, we will be starting another thread for April too! .

Lewisempireeee, 7 mile hike? wtggggggg It sounds like you really enjoyed it too, sounds soooooo good. Your a little adventurer ha? Oh, and congratulationsssssss on surpassing your 50 mile goal already too! Ohhhhhh I am jealous of the tan (just hope you didn't get too sunburnt and put some cream on it). Gosh how I miss that! My mom comes over in good weather and we sun on the deck together. You got it the best way, whilst walking!
I don't have one of those ab lounge thingies, let us know how you like it. About the wii fit, it's like MsPerception said. I promised myself when I got it though that it would be a supplementary form of exercise for me, thereby not replacing my walk and/or any other forms of exercise I was doing. It is good for some diversity and fun (particular if your indoors and yucky weather out). It's been helpful to me in that I often use it when I otherwise might be sitting or on the couch! When the weather gets nice, I doubt I will use it too much though. I want to be outdoors!!!! Boy do I! Your weather is nice now and you h ave your hikes and your great outdoor stuff, maybe can save and get one down the road for when the weather gets bad. How about making a piggybank (I got a big rubbermaid jar and cut a s lit in the cap and put some extra money or change in there, Have DH put all his change in there! That's what I do It is my smoking jar money, so I been saving. ANyways girl, you are doing super Your right, I was supposed to post my minutes yesterday, thanks for keeping an eye on me .

Pretty friend, that is awesome news! wow girl, wtg What a great idea using the money to sign up for the gym! It is a huge deal and I think it rocks!!!!! keep up the great work

Okay girls, alas, my minutes. I think everyone is doing super, h ope you all have a great day

3/1 -Day off
3/2 -70 min. (2 20min.walks-t.m, 30 min. wii aerobics)
3/3 -60 min. wii aerobics
3/4 -80 min. (20 min.walk-t.m, 50 min. wii aerobics, 10 min. upst)
3/5 -30 min. wii aerobics
3/6 -none yet, but active thankfully
3/7 -60 min. walk outdoors
Total: 300 min.

3/8 -35 min. walk-outdoors
3/9 -40 min. wii aerobics
3/10-10 min. wii aerobics
3/11-40 min. wii aerobics
3/12-none
3/13-none.......so far least amount I have done this week in 2 1/2 months! ugh! I guess I needed a breather BUT I must get back to it.
3/14-40min. walk (outdoors)
Total: 165 min.

3/15-housework
3/16-30 min. wii aerobics
3/17- 20 min. walk-t.m ( very active day in general)
3/18- 55 min. (40 min. walk-outdoors, 15 min. wii aerobics)
3/19- 75 min. (65 min. walk, 2 sess. 30+35min., 10 min. wii)
3/20- 135 min. (65 min. 2 sess. walks (30+35), 72 min. wii aerob.)
3/21- 40 min. walk ( me, outdoors).
Total: 355 min.

3/22- Day Off
3/23- 60 min. wii fit
3/24- 45 min. walk-outdoors
3/25- none yet
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #69  
Back at it...again!

FSA I stole your format and separated my days into weeks so it'll be easier to add at the end. I'm am VERY pleased with the work I've put in this month....it blows all my other months out of the water for workout time!

3/1: 20 min elliptical, 5 min sit-ups/push-ups
Week #1 Total: 195 minutes (not counting Wii Sports )

Week #2 Total: 314 minutes

Week #3 Total: 326 minutes

3/24: 15 min. brisk walk
3/25: 42 Taebo workout (another new DVD )
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #70  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh! It has been rainy and gloomy all day! Even the poor dog is whining about missing her walk. I did however force myself to do 2.4 miles on the nordic track. I work all weekend, but am trying to push for as much mileage this month as I can. I have set a new goal for 750 miles in 2009. I am right on track, if I can just keep my momentum! I really do feel better when I get my activity in, so this should be easy, right?? (I am trying to convince myself, LOL) I will definately need you great gals, to keep me going - thanks in advance!
MsPerception- I love taebo!!!, it will kick your hiney! I always start strong, but by the end I am screaming at Billy Blanks "YOU CAN'T COUNT" He likes to say "ok only 8 more" but you end up doing about 15 more. But you will definately see results!

Fullsteamahead- I will let you know about my new ab-lounge adventure...I think I am more likely to use it than get down and do actual sit-ups.
HaHa- we do think alike, I already have the jar on the counter for my wii-fit fund!

Beachluvr- How are your workouts coming?

Prettyfriend- I think you will really love the gym. It will open up your eyes to so many options for exercise! Be brave and try some new stuff, you never know what you will end up liking! That is how I came to love the nordic track skier! No one wanted to use it because it takes a little coordination, and you look/feel silly at first. I found that it was worth learning because there was NEVER a line for it, and I lost 13 inches off my body the 1st month I used it. long story short, I now own 2!
- I wish I could convince myself to like exercise as much I like to blab!
Have a great night ladies- Im off to fix dinner!!!!!!!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #71  

hi girls popped in to say goodnight before heading to bed.

Ms Perception.....wow, you are kicking some major butt there girl Now that you split your minutes up like that, I somehow can see it more and how much it comes to. I think it's easier too as far as tallying up the minutes in the end. I like breaking it up into mini goals by the week too because somehow it keeps me more in line, I always s hoot for a certain amount week by week. I used to print my workouts too and keep them in a folder...just have them in the pc now but need to print them out. Is the tae bo you got billy blanks? One of the girls in the old monthly's used to do that and she absolutely loved it! She said it really kicked her butt too, that it's a great workout. Glad you feel better

Lewisempire, I don't like those yucky grey days either! That's so good that you went on the nordic track, I bet it lifted your mood and you felt better, wtg! YOur are kicking major butt too girl! We need you too, no worries, will if you need it but your doing awesome! I'm telling you, I felt myself sliding on week 2 and very afraid and because of you gals here and the inspiration you all gave me, I was able to pick up and carry on We have a really good thing going here, let's keep it going.

to pretty friend, beachlvr, adrian...to all.
I did some yard work today, a walk, and a little wii. Oh I am so sleepy now though so hitting the hay. Hope you awaken to a nice, sunny and happy day tomorrow girls.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #72  

Talking

Morning all!
I've gotten my 2+ miles in every day. yesterday 2.7. Slowly working my way back up to 4 miles. I need to get something else in but not sure what yet. I may go buy the 30 Day shred this afternoon.

PrettyFriend - I tried that morning thing for about 2 weeks. Ugh! It's so hard. But you are right, it starts the day out great and you feel so good! They say it's better for you too. Gets your metabalism going for the whole day. Congrats and stick to it! I bet you can get some pretty good gym deals these day. I imagine they are hurting too.

Ms. Perception - Hope you are feeling better today! We've had the funk go around the office several times. Nasty stuff.

Lewisempire - That stuff is headed our way this evening. It is going to rain all through the weekend. Bummer.

Full Steam Ahead!

Well, ladies. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #73  

Hi beachluvr wtg on getting your miles in. I hear so much about that shred, it's on comcast under exercise t.v. I think they are offering level 2 right now. Not sure which level you start with ( I was assuming 1) but whichever one you decide to get good luck with it and keep us posted .

Have a great day everyone, I am off to mom and dads and will do my workouts later.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #74  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

FSA : Thanks, I thought it was a pretty 'responsible' thing to do with the money! I actually went in and just paid the initial sign up fee and the first month, just atleast to get myself started. Now its $59.99 a month for the next year, thats NOTHING really!

Lewis: I do really enjoy going! So far I have just been using the treadmill. I have a friend that goes to the same gym daily and she does weights Tues and Thurs so I am going to go with her those days and she can show me how to do some of the machines. They have elipticles and stuff there, and bikes...im just a treadmill kinda girl don't know why! One day I will venture out ha ha.

beachluvr: Yeah I got a pretty decent deal on the gym! like i mentioned above $59.99 a month for a year. If I can go atleast 5 times a week thats $3 every time I go....i used to spend more than that going through the drive thru every morning for breakfast, and im pretty sure the gym is slightly better for me than the egg mcmuffin ha ha.

..I made it again to the gym before work, but i will admit im dogging it right now, SO TIRED!! I went yesterday before AND after work maybe thats why. I need to be careful i dont OVER do it I think!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #75  
Back at it...again!

prettyfriend I agree, it was a very responsible way to use your money. You will enjoy the rewards of this purchase long after many other purchases would have become useless! So WTG!

I tried my final new dvd tonight and enjoyed it also. BTW, Lewisempire and FSA the Taebo one is Billy Blanks. I used to have his VHS set a few years back and thought it was a solid workout. I'm gonna like this one for a change in routine. I did even make a schedule for all my different dvds but already got off schedule due to my off/sick day this week. Oh well, it's a work in progress. I defintely met my goal this month of being more consistant. I am SUPER proud of myself for that. I really hope I can keep it up when we move in a couple weeks.

3/1: 20 min elliptical, 5 min sit-ups/push-ups
Week #1 Total: 195 minutes (not counting Wii Sports )

Week #2 Total: 314 minutes

Week #3 Total: 326 minutes

3/24: 15 min. brisk walk (sick day)
3/25: 42 Taebo workout
3/26: 55 min (WAH 4 miles w/weight & stretchies)

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-26-2009 at 11:39 PM.