Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #31  

RMC, I love the 30DS it is a great workout and its amazing that in just a couple of days into each level you are so improved. I really feel as though I've toned up some and my clothes do seem to fit a bit better. I havent dropped too many pounds but I do feel better. Tonight I finished day 9 of level two.

Julie, How old are your two kids? I'm sure once the shock wears off you'll be excited.

So the end of Oct is coming soon. Time to really step it up and finish strong, Less than 3 weeks. Lets go!

TORI
Old 10-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- yeah, I probably wont cut it anytime soon until it really starts getting on my nerves. Its not pretty and shiny unless I straighten it and even if its humid or rainy its a big frizzball, check out my pics from " Dirty Dancing" in Chicago. lol.
The weathers been all kinds of crazy, seems like everyone has been getting sick. Good job on your midterm grades!

Babygal- Your too funny, you bring some smiles and laughs to this thread, lol. Glad you are here.

Julie- Congrats on the pregnancy!..Right? Or is it not a good thing?

Eny- How you doing with the weight loss? I dont know whats wrong with me. Im so unmotivated again. I think is because Melissa hasnt been on my me LOL.

My mom asked what I wanted for christmas. I told her a punching bag, I want one soooo bad, I bet I could take out some frustrations. They have a pink one, Breast Cancer Awareness, online at walmart.com. Plus a DVD player, mine is broke so I never get to do workout videos and the treadmill is getting BORING.

Last edited by heather1979; 10-14-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #33  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Tmil, my kids are 6 and 7. The shock has worn off and the excitement has started to settle in. Yesterday was all so surreal.

Heather, the pregnancy's a good thing This is his first kid and he's excited. It just caught me off gaurd a bit is all, but now I'm pretty ecstatic.

The last thing I want is to gain a buttload of weight like I did with my oldest daughter (135 all the way to 240!), so I really want to make sure I continue logging food and getting some sort of exercise throughout.
Ok, gotta get the kids off to school. Talk at you later, ladies!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Julie!! A !!! That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I am a little though... You all know that I desperately want one! Just keep track of what you're eating... keep working out. There are a TON of great pregnancy exercise videos. Listen to your body. You are eating for two, but not two full-siuzed adults! Now is the BEST TIME to get those healthy habits in place, because the effect you and another! Ok.. I'm a little OVER-excited!!! and now I'm DEFINATELY going to drive out to see you! (ok, I'm obessed with babies... just a little )

Baby - I promise I'll keep it a somewhat natural color! Which wasn't always the case. I've dyed my hair every color except for green! I'm just thinking a dark chocolate Brown w/ Maroon low lights.

Heather - can I use Melissa as a scape goat too? I'm pretty motivated. my exercise is getting better. i recommitted myself to meet my October exercise challenge - which means I really have to get my butt in gear!

Melissa - I MISS YOU!!!! I'm SO glad that you're going to be my co=pilot for the next one!

I completely binged out last night, but I don't feel guilty. I know it was all emotional eating. I can't change it - just accept it, and move on. It'll be ok. Work is REALLY stressing me out right now! I was hoping that it was over, but some things have happened that change everything! I'm actively looking for a new job, and I had a phone interview last week and they called back yesterday. Keep the : coming and your I just know that I need to find something else - before things get too bad!!!

TTFN - Have to gat a TON of things done!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!!!

So i think I'm over being sick and all.....I was able to eat pretty well yesterday but my head was swimming all day long. I'm really beginning to think I'm diabetic! Which really scares me cause first of all I don't have health insurance so I can't consult a physical and get it confirmed and get advice....i just have to try to investigate how i should eat.....and it is going to be soooo hard cause I love carbs.....pasta pasta and more pasta......I can even eat it and watch my calories! I also love coke and sweet tea.....although I have tried to give them up for diet drinks....but they make my throat hurt and I'm afraid i'm gonna get cancer or something!

I'm going to try to start limiting red meat and cut it out all together if i can.....maybe a seldom steak here and there....I really don't think it will be too hard cause anything I eat with red meat I can pretty much substitute...lean turkey or chicken or soy or something.....

I just feel so tired and horrible all the time....I have to do something to get how bad I feel under control! I don't want to have to have my legs cut off someday cause i had diebetes and didn't control it or get rid of it! I'm getting to that age were I'm afraid if I don't get my health in check I'm gonna die soon! That is really scary!

If anyone has any tips please share!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #36  
In love with...THE GYM!!

Hehe, Eny, I'm obsessed with babies too. I see baby clothes at the store and my heart melts. I saw somewheres online that in the first trimester, you don't even need any additional calories. 2nd trimester is only like 300-something extra, and 3rd is 400-something extra. Ohhh, the things I wish I knew for the first two pregnancies lol. I'm not due till June. I must have this thing about getting preggers in fall. My 2 daughters' birthdays are in July lol.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #37  
In love with...THE GYM!!

Melissa, glad you're over being sick. I wish I had some tips. I know how frustrating and worrying it can be without insurance. I'm wishing you luck, and I hope someone here will be able to help you
Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie99s View Post
Hehe, Eny, I'm obsessed with babies too. I see baby clothes at the store and my heart melts. I saw somewheres online that in the first trimester, you don't even need any additional calories. 2nd trimester is only like 300-something extra, and 3rd is 400-something extra. Ohhh, the things I wish I knew for the first two pregnancies lol. I'm not due till June. I must have this thing about getting preggers in fall. My 2 daughters' birthdays are in July lol.
Actually I think your body uses alot more than that calories wise...and I think it is much more in the beginning of pregnancy because the fertilized egg is moving to the uterus (all while continuting cell division and specialization)....you have to think during the first trimester the placenta is being constructed and the home for the baby being built (of course these things will grow and be maintained throughout the pregnancy but it has to take alot to actually get them there to begin with). I think a good book to guide you with accurate info on this topic as well as many other topics is "What to Expect When Your Expecting" It is a great book....even if you aren't pregnant but want to have kids someday....get this book and start reading it! It helped keep me from freaking out over every little thing! LOL!

I do know that breast feeding is not only really good for your baby but making the milk burns a crap load of calories and helps get pregnancy weight off!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #39  
In love with...THE GYM!!

I've seen many different variations of this. 300 extra cals daily. 300 extra cals daily the last 6 months. 400 extra. No extra cals first trimester. etc. So I'll take the info from those sites for what they're worth, free advice online, and I'll ask my doctor
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #40  

Eny- Sure you can use Melissa as a scape goat lol, Im willing to share

Melissa- Now you know how I feel all the time. I feel tired and down all the time. I have been to the dr and numerous tests and nothing. Im not diabetic, I actually got tested last year. I do however have a tad of hypoglycemia. So that sucks. You can still go to the dr without insurance. I dont have any either. One visit shouldnt cost more than like $75 and the test probably a little over a $100. If your that concerned about it spend the $200 and find out. You may need medicine. They have alot of $4 medications at walmart. If it runs in your family I would do it. Why feel that way all the time if it can be helped. Ya know?

I must of missed the post about the Thanksgiving Challenge, I didnt see anything about it.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #41  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
Stephi, less than a pound is fabulous!!! I can put that on with one good meal.
I know what you mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I'm slowing down on the diet drinks though...I'm having major throat problems...sore throat and the front/sides of my throat kinda hurt when I take a deep breath...its really weird...........anyone else had any experience with this??
That's really weird. I drink diet drinks all the time, and I've never had that problem. I use to have acid reflux as a child, and I had similar sounding pains, but I don't think it just sprung up, it was constant. Hope you feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
My mom asked what I wanted for christmas. I told her a punching bag, I want one soooo bad, I bet I could take out some frustrations. They have a pink one, Breast Cancer Awareness, online at walmart.com. Plus a DVD player, mine is broke so I never get to do workout videos and the treadmill is getting BORING.
That's an interesting request. Sounds cool though!

Speaking of breast cancer awareness, there's a salon in my town that's putting pink hair extensions in for 10 dollars to raise money for the cure. I really think I'm gonna go do it! Sounds fun, and 10 bucks? Not much!

I had a Boca burger for the first time in a year, and OMG! I'd forgotten how AMAZING they tasted. I'm in !

Only a few weeks to go!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie99s View Post
So I'll take the info from those sites for what they're worth, free advice online, and I'll ask my doctor
Your a smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Melissa- Now you know how I feel all the time. I feel tired and down all the time. I have been to the dr and numerous tests and nothing. Im not diabetic, I actually got tested last year. I do however have a tad of hypoglycemia. So that sucks. You can still go to the dr without insurance. I dont have any either. One visit shouldnt cost more than like $75 and the test probably a little over a $100. If your that concerned about it spend the $200 and find out. You may need medicine. They have alot of $4 medications at walmart. If it runs in your family I would do it. Why feel that way all the time if it can be helped. Ya know?

I must of missed the post about the Thanksgiving Challenge, I didnt see anything about it.
She just said the Thanksiving challenge will go up about a week before this one ends. So just keep your eyes open....I am almost positive I'm diabetic. I had gestational diabetes and I thought I had it before I got pregnant...I have most of the symptoms and I checked my sugar this morning when I got up before I even ate anything and it was high......I'm taking McKenzie to the health dept. today to get her shots and I was gonna talk to someone up there about gettin tested.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #43  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I am almost positive I'm diabetic. I had gestational diabetes and I thought I had it before I got pregnant...I have most of the symptoms and I checked my sugar this morning when I got up before I even ate anything and it was high......I'm taking McKenzie to the health dept. today to get her shots and I was gonna talk to someone up there about gettin tested.
I wish you the best, and I hope you don't have diabetes. Good luck.

I got the hair extensions! They are gorgeous! It took 2 minutes, seriously, and it was $20. I think most of it went to breast cancer research. I'm so happy! I hope this is okay, here's a picture:

It's subtle, and that's what I was going for. It's gowwww-gus!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #44  
Intuitive Eater

Cool pink Stephie.

Quick check-in for me to say "Hi." I'll post more later. Got dinner cookin and need to tend to it.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #45  

Melissa- Ill be watching for the next challenge. The health dept is a good idea. I have been to the one here and ive paid next to nothing. I hope your not but if it was high this morning I guess its a pretty good chance that you are. Better to find out sooner than later. Good luck!

Steph- I love the extensions. Its really cute.
Closed Thread