Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Frighten Away the Fat~~~WEEK 1

Welcome to week one of Frighten Away the Fat.

9 weeks of this challenge. This will be a great challenge. I just know it. All of us are gonna do wonderfully!

So what are everyones greatest challenges to weight loss?
What has helped and hurt your progress?

My greatest challenges I think is my work schedule. I do really well calories wise on my days on (My normal schedule for you gals just meeting me: FRI< SAT<SUN<MON ON TUES> OFF WED>THURS> ON then I cycle it opposite: fri<sat<sun<mon OFF Tues> ON wed>thurs OFF 12 hour shifts ) I love the schedule. but I cant work out on days I work, I have tried and it is torture. On my days off I work out at least 60 minutes but I usually have trouble with contol when it comes to food.

I find that planning really helps. And so does giving myself a good breakfast (usually 2 eggs and toast.) Also knowing my body well enough to know what foods hurt my progress, or when I see a spike in weight that it isn't because I have been "bad" but usually middle of my cycle or TOM is about to start.

Anyhow I need to get ready for work so today

W 64 oz
E extra laps around the plant
E giving myself 1500 cals because I know that we are having a potluck today at work I will try to stick to the healthier choices.
D no sugary food. eat the yummy stuff in my lunch box (you know apples and bananas)

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-01-2008 at 05:47 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

It's great to be back with the WEEDers!!! My challenge is my sweet tooth and emotional eating. I've returned to work so getting any me time is a challenge, especially exercise. I have two small children ages 2 and 1- enough said!

Two things I've realized since taking a challenge off is I feel better physically and emotionally when I eat well and exercise. Plus, I enjoy the support of this thread!

My goal for this challenge is to eat intuitively with the help of WW points system, get up before work to exercise, and post often.

Today's WEED:

W- 48 oz- I've been bad with that
E- OP & Mindful
E- cardio
D- One day at a time
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  
I'll survive!!

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

My challenge is associating food with a goodtime. By a goodtime I mean family get togethers and such. I've had kids over my house all summer and all I heard was "Can we order a pizza?" or "Can we go get some icecream?" I didn't think about any of those foods until I figured when they asked it was an option. I'm not good with food options..lol. I literally eat almost the same foods everyday. I hardly ever drink water, it's mostly diet soda, so thats another challenge for me.
My W.E.E.D. for today is :

W- atleast 24oz
E - extra resistance on the arms
E- keeping track of every calorie I put in my mouth today
D- stay positive, speak life , compliment and speak kind of others. Basically if I don't have anything nice to say I need to keep my yap shut..lol. Not that I have a problem with this , but I do tend to get testy when I start back dieting.
jellybeansss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

My challenge is exercise. I am on Jenny Craig and am able to stick to plan pretty well for the most part. But I just have a horrible time being consistent about exercising. I think being a part of challenges is going to help because I have to be accountable.

W: I do pretty well there. Let's say 64 ounces.
E: Bike, treadmill, track, toning DVD.
E: Stay on my JC plan.
D: Step by step. Weight loss is a journey with ups and downs. Thrive on the ups and learn from the downs.
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #5  
Chelle

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Jellybeans..I'm with you on the whole associating food with a goodtime thing. Bad habit to break!

Also I have a birthday right by halloween so this is a challenge I need to get with

For once I've been able to stick to weight loss for more than a week, and I feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Hope to be 140 or less by halloween!
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  
I'll survive!!

You can do it Chelle. I also have family coming down Thursday for the entire weekend so it will be tough for me to, but I have to do it.

Congrats on sticking with your weight loss for over a week!! I dieted down a hundred pounds, but found that the closer I get to my goal the harder it has been to stick to my plan. I'm tired of being overweight and miserable....IT'S GO TIME GALS!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #7  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

My toughest obstacle is attitude. I eat on plan, workout almost everyday but when the scale is not cooperative, I get upset. I have researched my journal and find I have a mid-cycle gain (like right now) then I'll drop some, then a pre-TOM gain, then drop some. It gets frustrating though. Like right now I am looking for that drop of a few pounds, but it isn't coming. It is a slow and difficult process and I want faster results. HMM!! Don't we all?

Anyway, today's WEED
W- 3 bottle. I have only been getting 2 lately.
E- Tonight's workout will be horseback riding with my children. Haven't been on in years. This should be interesting.
E- 1400 calories.
D- Stay focused and POSITIVE!

Jeni- It's you and me against the mid-cycle monster. Stay strong.

Grazer- Glad you are back and ready to get back to work.

Mist- I have simply made exercise an itme on my to-do everyday list. No matter what, no excuses, usually. I will even workout at 10 at night if I need to. I truly becomes a habit.

Jelly- I refuse to give up my Diet Pepsi, it is my only vice. But I do make myself drink some water also. I alternate, soda, H2O.

Chelle- Good job sticking with it for a week. It gets easier the longer you do it.

Last challenge I started out at 215. Today I was 210.2. So I lost 4.8 pounds. Not as much as I wanted, but still a loss. This time I want to get below 200, so that's about 11 pounds, or 10.3. Slightly more than a pound a week. I can do this. We all can do this. Let's rock!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #8  
aka &quot;GOING to&quot;

I'd like to join. I just came back to 3FC a couple of weeks ago. I am doing a Christmas challenge, so this is about half-way between now and Christmas.
I have been off work after having surgery for arthritis in my hip, and am not able to walk much yet. I used to like to walk miles, but at the moment it's step-by-step. My exercise is mostly spinning (bike) an rebounding (mini trampoline) and when I can get to the pool, I swim laps, but that is hard to do with my schedule and energy level.
goals are
Water - 2 liters
Exercise - the gym is closed today for the holiday. :-(
I will try to get 20 minutes of rebounding in.
Eating - logging on FitDay and trying to get 100 grams of protein in with fresh fuit and veggie daily.
Daily goal - finish my 15 minute room rescues and routines. I made a list of things for the weekend, and have gotten about half of them done. :-)
wanting to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #9  
I'll survive!!

mtiger-great idea with the alternating soda and water. I'm going to use that for myself. Kinda like a reward type of thing. For every 12 ounces of water I can have 12 ounces of soda. No water...no soda. Genius.
Wanting to- you are an inspiration for trying to do your best even with physical limitations...YOU ROCK!!
I need to go get my rear on the bike. I've been watching a marathon of The Closer on TNT all day. Time to set the DVR and get busy!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

grazer! I am so glad to have you back!

jelly~you have done so great! 100 pounds, WOW! I also understand how the closer to your goal the less um, accountable you hold yourself.

Mist~ I found that starting off small with exercise helps. I started with 10-15 minutes 5 times per week. When I felt I could do that with no problem, then I added 2 minutes until I felt good about that, then 2 more minutes. I swear by baby steps.

Chell~ Welcome! and sticking to weight loss for more than a week is difficult. It really is a life changing thing. It is for life. Honestly it sucks thats why you have to find whats right for you.

Hold on.....OKAY my laptop battery was dying so I had to switch to the desktop.

Mindy, I would love fast results. I got fast results the first few months (you know 2 pounds a week) but the rest is slow. Perseverence(sp) Once you look at it as a life commitment then the urgency wears off and you take the time to make yourself healthy, not just skinny.

Welcome Wantingto You are my new hero! Working out so much after surgery! Amazing. I would love to take a spinning class at the Y but I am so afraid to look like an idiot because I don't know what I am doing. I guess there is only one way to learn it. Maybe tomorrow (or not I am running tomorrow.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potlucks RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR they are my worst enemy. I resolved to myself after feeling guilty that Since I haven't worked out since before my trip (For you newbies, I went to Disneyland the 22-24) I would start eating better tomorrow. My day off, I get to go to the Y and workout HARD!!! My body is craving it so bad.

I won't be on until later in the day tomorrow. Makenna starts Kindergarten tomorrow! I have to go with her, its only a 45 minute class tomorrow. Wed. is her true first day. I am already starting to cry. I wont be there because of work, DH will get her ready and put her on the *gulp* bus on wed morning. SIGH why do they have to grow up?

Anyway I will post more in the after noon!

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. I am going to keep posting with my WEED friends, but I also signed up for TL challenge again and I am sticking with my Committed to Christmas thing. Halloween, just over 8 weeks...I will put up a new ticker when I get to 139 because that's what my short term ticker is aiming at right now. I want to lose 2 pounds a week and will plan for one week where I only lose 1, so...15 pounds will put me at 131. That would be sweet.

W 100 oz, back at work
E OP - low carb, healthy proteins, loads of veggies
E 100 crucnhes, maybe a walk at lunch if work schedule allows, if not, will wog when I get home at 5.
D Take a deep breath, try to stay on an even keel, just emerged in the last few days from under a dark cloud. I have depression problems and need to keep them in perspective and at bay.

Jen, good luck w Makenna, she will love it! You will be ok too! My baby starts his senior year on Wednesday, but I still remember those first days for both kids, they were fine, I was the one crying.

Last edited by mothermavis; 09-02-2008 at 06:23 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning ladies!
Well I ended up at my starting weight for the last challenge. The good thing is...I lost 3 lbs this week.
My goal for this challenge is to be at 189 by halloween. Part of the challenge for me will be to exercise at least 5 days a week.
My goal for water will be at least 64 oz of water a day.

Jen we should post the w.o.w. definition somewhere!!!

Ok i got my ab workout in today, and i've gotta get some breakfast and lunch made. I'll post again later....the conversion was made at work so i'll be stressed there...but hey, what's new about that?? LMAO!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Here we go HolyT.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

So I got in my 5k this morning. not my Best time ever, but did ok 38.07 minutes. I also increased my incline from .5% to 1%. The weird thing is I didn't sweat as much as normal. Usually in a 5k workout I am drenched. this time, I was barely damp. Weird. Huh.

MM~Mak will be fine. She loves new people, things, and places. I am worried about weepy me.

HolyT~3 pounds this week! Awsome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

W64 oz
E 5 K done this morning. (38 min plus 5 min cool down 43 mins) I will do Wii fit later today, and If DH's Grandma keeps the kids I will head back for another workout
E1200 planned calories. No problem today!
D After I take Mak to her 45 min first day of school I plan on cleaning up the house and catching up on laundry.

Happy Healthy Day everyone!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'll work out at lunch again and tonight at bellydance rehearsal. I'm grilling some chicken, made a warm pumpkin pie type breakfast, and some cinnamon raisin toast.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote