3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Five Pound Challenge #23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/149336-five-pound-challenge-23-a.html)

just keep swimming 08-23-2008 12:33 PM

Fauxtini, almost the exact same thing happened to me when I had been in the sun on the beach all day a couple years ago. I didn't actually pass out, but I was completely incoherent for a little while, and my friends said it was kinda scary. I also woke up the next day with the worst sunburn EVER. But that is because I am beyond pale. :lol: I would go to the doctor just in case.

SW: 152
CW: 152 AAHHHHHHH!
GW: 147

mountain mama 08-23-2008 02:32 PM

JKS: I totally want to throw you a party the day you are no longer stuck on this 152 plateau! I will be bringing out the balloons, streamers and kareokee machines for you! hehe

I dont have a family doctor where I am at right now.. but I will def go to outpatients if i feel even an ounce of weird again :)

heather1979 08-23-2008 04:55 PM

Just keep swimming-Just a thought...I was looking at the Goals! forum and I was reading a story about a lady who had a hard time breaking through her plateau and wierdly enough she had to eat more to break through it, I guess since she lost the weight she needed to up her calories some and she lost another 6 pds I think.

rswlchic 08-23-2008 05:50 PM

Hey Guys,

I am up a little bit today. TOM has been kicking my butt for the past 2 days. It's ok though. I went out and bought a pair of incentive pants. In case anyone wants to know what incentive pants are. It's a pair of pants that fit but....not well enough to wear in public. Usually a 5 or 7lb loss is needed. I am going to use them to keep me motivated on this 5 lb challenge.

s 206.8
c 204.4 (2.4)
g 201.8

modcat44 08-23-2008 09:49 PM

rswlchic: I have done that also--bought incentive pants. Didn't actually know that's the name for it, until now! :)

Faux: yeah, well, just keep watching it. Of course you probably aren't starving yourself, but certainly upping your activity and drastically lowering your calories combined with sun/dehydration probably has thrown your electrolytes out of whack.
Are you getting enough potassium? That also is important--had a friend out in the sun all day and did practically the same thing and her doc said potassium was low. She ate salty stuff and drank enough water, she thought.

Everyone is going down now (except JKS--I'd try the increase in calories idea)
and now I go up a bit--from 195.2 to 195.6. I'll see what tomorrow brings...

SW: 198.6
CW: 195.6
GW: 193.6

mountain mama 08-23-2008 10:24 PM

Mod: Thanks for the advice. Potassium is something that I don't know alot about. Off to research some. I'm feeling a million times better. I upped my fruit intake. I think my sugar was lower than usual that day. I even felt good enough to do my c25k today :)
ps I bet you will get rid of that .4 by tomorrow :) no worries!

McKenziesmomma 08-23-2008 11:13 PM

JKS - Yeah a slight increase in calories and take a break.....take a break from exercise and your diet...maybe for 2-3 days...or more. Take a break from it all until you gain about 2 lbs this may actually take you a while....I just took a 3 week break (that is how long it took me to gain 2 lbs....I did do some exercise here and there though). Then go back at it with full force (I wouldn't cut my calories too much below 1200 / day but the biggest loser recommends your weight times 7 so if you are at 152 it is like a little over 1,000 calories a day....so maybe you are getting too many calories????)

Anyways...I just tried the add calories/no exercise...and now that I have started back seriously I have started losing weight again. I have already lost the 2 lbs gained plus an extra pound. Maybe it will work for you maybe it won't but it is worth a try. If you still are having problems try cutting your calories to your weight times 7.....or at least no more than 1200 calories and up your exercise....make sure your workouts aren't too comfortable and that you are pushing yourself...LOL...that may sound a bit silly

Good luck...keep us updated

modcat44 08-23-2008 11:17 PM

Faux: You need potassium to balance with salt. Bananas are high in it, as are other fruits, potatoes, beans, yogurt. I do know the salt/potassium balance can be messed up with sweating, and not enough or even, too much water. If the body is losing salt and water, it is also losing potassium.

I'm not the expert by any means, just something to think about.

miriam101 08-24-2008 12:59 AM

SW: 146
CW: 147.4 - I'm on a roll...........
GW: 141

McKenziesmomma 08-24-2008 09:20 AM

I'm still at 238 today....Urrrgghhh...stupid scale read 236 at first then went to 238....completely skipping 237! I was hoping for 237 ...but maybe tommorrow I will see it! :D

dandk0204 08-24-2008 09:52 AM

Hey guys! Hopoe everyone is doing great this sunday!

SW: 225
CW: 223 (-2)
GW: 220

mountain mama 08-24-2008 09:55 AM

TOM is reaking havok

sw:277.4
cw:274.8
gw:272.4

It's inching it's way up as my TOM week continues.... but my goal is to walk it off today!!

I'm feeling back to my old self. and thanks for the info Mod! You're the best!

Melissa, I had never heard of calculating your calories needed by multiplying your weight by 7! i'm gonna do that now :)

vikkivma 08-24-2008 10:21 AM

Good morning, ladies and gents. It's a post-wedding dinner drop for me, which feels even better. lol.

Starting the slow journey back down...

SW: 187.6
CW: 184.6 (down 3)
GW: 182.6

jessacaca 08-24-2008 10:27 AM

Well I went out last night to see a band play....I felt like I didn't eat too much but I did have one beer..so I went up a pound today. This has been a hard month for me. I leave on thursday night to go to MS for the weekend to visit friends and family. I am not going to worry about it and just get back on my game for sept.

just keep swimming 08-24-2008 10:59 AM

Thanks for the advice, you guys. I am definitely eating too many calories. AND not exercising enough. But other than that... :lol: I know what I need to do, it's just doing it that's hard. BUT I felt really good last night because I went out with friends to this great restaurant, didn't eat too much, had a few (planned) drinks, and was the only one not to buy ice cream afterwards. And I LOVE ice cream. Now I just have to tackle this family get-together today. Best food ever. :lol:

Guess what my scale said this morning?? 150!!!

SW: 152
CW: 150
GW: 147