3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/144450-girls-weve-gotta-work-labor-day-challenge.html)

katenicole 06-29-2008 10:12 AM

I'm a little late and kind of a newbie, but I found this thread and think it will be great motivation to jump on board. It's perfect timing as well; I am going to the beach with my skinny friend, haha, a couple weeks after.

My official weigh-ins will be on Mondays I suppose, and I am currently at 157.4. I am badly proportioned! I'm a size 12 quite a bulge. My goal for the challenge is to lose at least 15 lbs. Well, let's make it 17.4 so that I am 140 lbs. in the end.

Chelby29 06-29-2008 11:53 AM

Eny... Congrats on your wedding success! It's hard to be 'good' with finger foods. You know, food you don't put on a plate doesn't count. :)

Babygal 06-29-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naytally (Post 2246744)

I've lost that amount before in that amount of time. Here's to following my fiber/protein diet to a T and getting my arse to the gym! I will officially start on 7/1, because I am on TOM right now, and it ends tomorrow...

Nay: I am interested in learning about the fiber/protein diet where can I learn more about it?

Nessa: Chickie don't compete. You don't have to be skinny you just have to be hot. ;) Most men might not say it but they like a woman with some meat on her, and when it is all in the right places a skinny woman envy us. I don't mean to give advice (cause I need to use my own) but I would focus on toning up and having everything in it's proper place, tight and right. Girl, be big and sexy, and most of all be healthy.

Okay I got a quote to work but now it seems I can only post one quote at a time. If that is not so I need more help.
Welcome Nicole:hug:

Babygal 06-29-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babygal (Post 2246879)
Nay: I am interested in learning about the fiber/protein diet where can I learn more about it?

Nessa: Chickie don't compete. You don't have to be skinny you just have to be hot. ;) Most men might not say it but they like a woman with some meat on her, and when it is all in the right places a skinny woman envy us. I don't mean to give advice (cause I need to use my own) but I would focus on toning up and having everything in it's proper place, tight and right. Girl, be big and sexy, and most of all be healthy.

Okay I got a quote to work but now it seems I can only post one quote at a time. If that is not so I need more help.

Evy: As promised - I weighed in this morning and I'm happy to report I LOST #3 THIS WEEK! I'm down to #191.6... I can almost "see" the #180's again! I'm SO happy!!! Only #6 until my MP3 Player - and the 1/2 way point!!! I'm so glad I have you girls to help me through this too! THANK YOU!!!!!
Your such a good girl. I am so proud of you and your 3lb. loss and the way you conducted yourself at the wedding. :carrot: You encourage me Always!!!

Chelby: You just helped me. I am good for sticking something in my mouth like it don't count. Just because it didn't hit my plate doesn't mean it won't hit my hips or belly for that matter. I am now going to focus on not cheating by putting stuff in my mouth. I got it so bad that I will stick something in my mouth even while I am fixing my plate. :(

Sexy: Thankyou for sharing. I am now a size 18 and really want to be a 16 like now. I am thankful that I am no longer a 20 but I know I can do better. Now you have also let me know that it can happen within a year.

Dancingirl: PLEASE stick and stay. When DB gets back we want you to be the hottest thing he has seen in months. Welcome:hug:

Pinup: Great JOB! I am going to call you Poster Girl soon:p

Kenziemomma: :carrot: Congrads and way to go with food choices.

Okay, last night I realized that my tracker got loss with the computer crash that happened so I have to do it all over. I am going to try and find a level place in my "old" house and weight myself and post it. So update soon to come. Oh before I go last night I had a potluck dinner party. Not too many showed up which was great for me, I was tired and didn't feel like company at all, but I did pretty good with food choices. I ate redbeans and rice and strawberry short cake with lite coolwhip and a small piece of grilled chicken. Had lots of water instead of soda.
It's been nice sitting here chatting having the house all to myself. I live alone but you would never know it because someone is always here. I got to go and get me some quite meditation in while I can. Thanks to all for being here. I need you.

Babygal 06-29-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdc078 (Post 2245732)
Babygal, THANK YOU for the encouragement and faith! I appreciate it so very much! this site is EXACTLY what I need to succeed this time. I have begun telling myself everyday that " I CAN DO THIS!!" At first, the thought of another " diet " scared the h*ll out of me, simply because I just didn't want to fail again."

Just wondering how are you doing and what healthy choices have you made for yourself today?

Babygal 06-29-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa43 (Post 2244614)
Looks like the group has grown since I last visited. I was down a pound and a half this morning, which is good since I wasn't exactly on program this week. My goal for the next week is to stay on program every day and exercise every day.

Does anyone know of a where I can get a weight watchers points calcuator or other ww information? There is not a meeting in my small town anymore and I really didn't want to join the online program AGAIN!!!

:hug: How r u doing?

Babygal 06-29-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunabelle (Post 2244690)
SW:179
CW:178
GW:165

Did my weekly weigh in this morning, and even with the start of TOM i'm still down a pound from last week when I joined the challenge! yay me! LOL

:carrot: Yay, Yay, Yay that is great that you were able to stay down even with TOM. Not easy to do for most, good for you.

StNessa79 06-29-2008 03:12 PM

Can I just say that I'm loving this whole posting thing?!!? I've never been a part of any forum but this is so cool knowing that in the morning (or afternoon) I can give myself a pep talk and at the end of the day I can recap on my success and/or failure and I get feedback for it. Too cool. I should have done this ages ago. Everyone that has been doing this for awhile totally knew what was up. I'm just a little slow...

:thanks:
Thanks everyone for the support you've been giving over the last few days. I've started out today with my usual breakfast of cereal, a banana, and soymilk (total 6 points). I'm totally planning on keeping within my 28 points today. I need to keep myself busy with cleaning (inlaws coming down from Chicago in 2 1/2 weeks). I would like to lose a few pounds because I know there's going to be a lot of pictures taken at the Riverwalk & Sea World (my husband's family LOVES to take pictures, you should see our Snapfish group room... which is where all my fat pictures are located for everyone to see) Our trip to Mexico is supposed to be in October which may include some inlaws (my husband's parents & at least one of his brothers plus one tall skinny blonde wife) So being as they are camera happy people I want to look good. And true Babygal - I don't need to be skinny because I've never truly ever been, but I have been in shape and firm - everywhere. If only I could get that back. I remember when my husband and I were dating he one time grabbed my bottom and commented on how firm it was... these days... oh lordy! :eek:

:congrat:
Everyone that has lost weight this past week - you go! I only hope that I can do as well!! Here's to next week! :cheer:

And to remind myself... :beach:

dancingirl81 06-29-2008 10:50 PM

Babygal - thanks for the encouragement - I want to be the hottest thing he's seen too, lol

yesterday was good... until I met up with some friends from hs for an impromptu reunion... according to this morning's WI, i'm up nearly 3.5#... i could pretend it was water, but I'd be only kidding myself. today was less than stellar, but I've been pounding water tonight, and will be back OP asap... like first thing in the morning, since i'm about to go to bed...

with that... goodnight all, and here's to a good week :-)

StNessa79 06-29-2008 11:48 PM

My day is coming to an end and all has gone well. I haven't eaten anything outside of my points and I'm not hungry to even want to. Drank water all day and looking forward to starting my week off right :)

:broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc: :broc:

whoopseedaisee 06-30-2008 02:44 AM

Just popping my head in to say hi and to let y'all know that I'm still here! :wave:

I successfully tracked my points every day this week and even though I used quite a few flex points along the way, I'm still hoping for an okay loss when I get weighed Monday night. I never used to dip into the flexies when I did WW in the past so we'll see if it ends up hurting this week.

I want to hit this Labor Day Goal so badly!!! In a lot of ways I feel like if I can manage to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight I'll be able to do anything!!! Well, maybe not ANYTHING, but I'll at least be able to hit my next goal or two :cool:

I've got about 2 hours before I have to start dealing with early morning check-outs so I think I'm going to kick back and watch some more Biggest Loser Australia. I'll check in with y'all tomorrow night after my weigh in if not before!!!

Chelby29 06-30-2008 07:27 AM

I'm DOWN!

Good Morning, Friends!

Did the old Monday morning weigh-in. I'm down 1.5 pounds to 183.5. WooHoo!!! Now I need to figure out how to change it in my profile. :dizzy:

My goal for this week is to MAINTAIN! We are leaving Wednesday for Louisiana and a family reunion. There are lots of opportunities for eating there. The hard part is that what I want to eat is not even available in Northern Alabama -- boudin, cracklins, pefectly fried seafood. I'll try to pick up extra Jazzercise classes. :exercise:

Enygirl 06-30-2008 08:17 AM

Chelby - :yay: Geat job on the loss!

I can't wait to see others weigh ins today! If we all stick to plan we can beat our Labor Day goals EARLY! :) 9 weeks from today exactly girls! WE CAN DO IT!

Karen - i'm rooting for you! You CAN reach your PrePreg weight - and you CAN do it in the next 9 weeks!!!

Kate - :welcome: Our group is fun! I'm hoping that everyone sticks around for the long haul!

As for me - right now I'm in the lead for my family Christmas challenge. Not by much, so I need to keep going! :santa: is coming and I want to be "Overweight" when he gets here! #1.2/week.. it's not hard to do if I stick with it!

StNessa79 06-30-2008 08:49 AM

Great way to start the morning - being inspired by someone else's weight loss, Good job Chelby. :cheers:
I haven't had my breakfast yet - soon though. Have to keep in mind to stick to my points. The kids have arrived and are free playing while I quickly get on the computer. They like to have snacks throughout the day, lets see if I have the will power to only stick to low point things... :dust:
HAPPY MONDAY MORNING TO EVERYONE!! :coffee:

Naytally 06-30-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babygal (Post 2246879)

Its nothing major, just eating around 125 grams of protein and 30-40 grams of fiber a day and then making sure I only eat about 40 grams of fat total and the rest can fluctuate between carbs/protein. The fiber really helps pull the fat through and the protein feeds your muscles. During the last 12 week challenge I was in, I lost only 15 pounds but I lost 18 inches (arm, bust, waist, hips & thigh) because I made sure my muscles were fed and trust me, I'd rather see the inches move more than the scale, haha!

Also the thing about eating a lot of protein/fiber is that it keeps you fuller longer. I am almost never hungry and I have to remind myself to eat!