3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/144450-girls-weve-gotta-work-labor-day-challenge.html)

Sarah Mac 06-22-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enygirl (Post 2236962)

Shari - I'm sorry to hear of all the saddness. I'm having a rough time right now. Tomorrow is the official divorce date for me.. and as much I want this, and want it to be over it still hurts a little - and I feel like a failure a little - regardless of the @ss that he is. It's tough. Especially since my lil sis' BFF's bridal shower was yesterday, and her wedding is this comeing Saturday. I do have to say though - I have a KILLER dress picked out to wear. ;)

Now where is Baby?????

Don't worry! My cousin got divorced (finally) from her *expletive* ignorant hubby and one year later she met the man of her dreams who knows how to treat a woman :) They met on a dating site lol.She felt like she failed at first, but with a strong support system and her new found man, she now feels she made the best decision in her life and that nothing that she did was wrong..it was all him.

What type of dress is it???? Make sure to wear comfortable shoes for the wedding! I made the mistake wearing stilletos and it was an Italian Catholic wedding, so it was a really really really long service :) Thank goodness flats are in style!

ThisTimeIsDifferent 06-22-2008 01:29 PM

Hi There:wave:

Count me in :D! I'm up for a Labor Day challenge. As of this morning I'm 282.4. I had a really bad week last week and I gained 4lbs:(. But hey...I'm over it and moving on. I would like to be 250lbs by Labor Day. That's a WOPPING 32lbs I want to lose:yikes:. The biggest thing I need is a listening ear and a kick in the butt! Oh and my weigh in day is Sunday:)

Nikki2476 06-22-2008 01:46 PM

hey everyone

So i was looking at my calander this morning and counted that we have 70 days in our challenge. Tomrrow is my first weigh in and am kinda nervous. At work yesterday someone brought in meatball subs for everyone and they were so good. But I guess that means that I have to get back up on that treadmill today.

Hope everyone is having a good day and good luck in the following week.
I really feel like we can do this.


Enygirl-- You never know what can happen when you let go of the people that we aren't meant to be with. Keep your chin up

Enygirl 06-22-2008 04:49 PM

Thanks girls! i did forget to mention on this thread that I am with an INCREDIBLE man now. Joe and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years. ( a year AFTER ex hubby & I split up.) He's amazing. It's just a little sore still to know that I'm going to be a "divorced woman".

As for the dress for the wedding - I've been *secretively* working on getting into it. It's a size 14P and I just tried it on - IT FITS PERFECTLY!!! I'm SO excited! I hadn't told anyone that it was a secret goal of mine.. and it's been hanging in my closet for about 2 months. :D I'M SO EXCITED!! Joe said "Da*n" and that was it. .. It made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Lonnie - Welcome to our Little group! :cheer:

Sarah Mac 06-22-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enygirl (Post 2237324)
Thanks girls! i did forget to mention on this thread that I am with an INCREDIBLE man now. Joe and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years. ( a year AFTER ex hubby & I split up.) He's amazing. It's just a little sore still to know that I'm going to be a "divorced woman".

As for the dress for the wedding - I've been *secretively* working on getting into it. It's a size 14P and I just tried it on - IT FITS PERFECTLY!!! I'm SO excited! I hadn't told anyone that it was a secret goal of mine.. and it's been hanging in my closet for about 2 months. :D I'M SO EXCITED!! Joe said "Da*n" and that was it. .. It made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Lonnie - Welcome to our Little group! :cheer:

You better take pics :D LOL about your man's remark. I love when I try on something and to have someone go WOW lol. It is a good motivator to keep on going :)

JasonsLea 06-23-2008 01:44 AM

:welcome: to our newbies!

Eny ~ I'm sure you look fantastic! Don't think of it as being 'divorced' think of it as being 'freed'! Is Hunter going to the wedding too?

Sarah ~ Agh I hate Lifetime too but I always watch when the hormones are going crazy! LOL

I'm 99.99999999% sure that I will have a gain this week. With TOM, all the death, and all the stress that's happened but I'm okay with that. I'll just bounce back next week. :)

whoopseedaisee 06-23-2008 06:58 AM

This is pretty cool! I had JUST figured out what it would take to hit my first mini goal by Labor Day ... and then stumbled upon this thread! Even cooler that it was started by Eny :hug:

SO, my Labor Day goal is my last known pre-pregnancy weight of 195. Last Monday I weighed in at 209.2 so from there to Labor Day I would have to lose an average of 1.29 pounds per week. I think I've probably gained this week thanks to Aunt Flo dropping in for an unexpected visit .... and a really tastey Papa John's pineapple pizza .... but I'll regroup and adjust and WILL hit my goal! :D

Nikki2476 06-23-2008 09:15 AM

Ok so my first official weigh in day is today. I was a little nervous about stepping on the scale, but I am officially down 1 pound @ 215. Now I just have to keep moving forward. Good luck this week everyone.

:goodscale

ThisTimeIsDifferent 06-23-2008 11:55 AM

Happy Monday:D!

Let's try our hardest to have a great On Plan day! What do ya say?

Hollybear 06-23-2008 01:06 PM

Good day everyone!
I had today all planned..but then I got called in for subbing...which I did not expect as its the last day of school here! So I did not eat breakfast and at school there was an incident so I did not get a snack. Then when I got home at 11:00 I decided to go to the grocery store to get the stuff I needed to make a healthy soup. When I got there I made the mistake of going past the friend chicken and couldnt resist! I bought two pieces and a huge chocolate chip cookie!!! GRRR WHy is food strong than me?

So on the way home I was like I screwed up I may as well get a McFlurry...but I talked myself out of it...and decided on an iced tea...well when I got home I realized the iced tea had 32 gms of sugar in to so I dumped the full bottle.
I am planning on makeing homemade ice tea? Has anyone tried it before?

Hope everyone else's day is going better than mine so far. I know I will have a gain on Thursday as I am trying to come off a two week binge!!

I am sooo nervous to go but I need to and face the music so I can start off this challenge!!!

KLK 06-23-2008 01:11 PM

I'm in!

Starting at: Size 14 pants / Size 12 tops.
Goal by September: Size 12 pants / Size 10 tops. (I'm keeping my goal kind of modest)

Out of this thread, i would like to get: butt-kicking and a sense of accountability to someone other than myself for both diet AND exercise.

Nikki2476 06-23-2008 01:51 PM

HOLLYBEAR--I love homemade iced tea. and it is so simple to make. On a sunny day, just get a gallon jug, fill it up eith water and put about 6-8 tea bags (depending on how strong you like your tea) in it and set it outside. On a gloomy day just do the same thing, but put hot water in it and let the tea sit.

And don't worry about messing up, everyone does. If we were perfect, we wouldn't need to be on a diet in the first place. Tyr carring some protein bars or something like that in your pusre, so you don't starve yourself when things happen, especially at the grocery store hungry with the smell of the deli and bakery trying to entice you. :)

Hollybear 06-23-2008 02:23 PM

Thanks! I will look into getting something to keep in my purse!

I can't wait to try the homemeade ice tea!!

I also just purchased Hip Hop Abs from chapters online....
anyone else do that?

Sarah Mac 06-23-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollybear (Post 2238445)
Good day everyone!
I had today all planned..but then I got called in for subbing...which I did not expect as its the last day of school here! So I did not eat breakfast and at school there was an incident so I did not get a snack. Then when I got home at 11:00 I decided to go to the grocery store to get the stuff I needed to make a healthy soup. When I got there I made the mistake of going past the friend chicken and couldnt resist! I bought two pieces and a huge chocolate chip cookie!!! GRRR WHy is food strong than me?

So on the way home I was like I screwed up I may as well get a McFlurry...but I talked myself out of it...and decided on an iced tea...well when I got home I realized the iced tea had 32 gms of sugar in to so I dumped the full bottle.
I am planning on makeing homemade ice tea? Has anyone tried it before?

Hope everyone else's day is going better than mine so far. I know I will have a gain on Thursday as I am trying to come off a two week binge!!

I am sooo nervous to go but I need to and face the music so I can start off this challenge!!!

That is one part of the store I cannot pass without licking my lips. I think they purposely put that stuff up front by the healthy food so you are swayed away lol. My dad was in food retail and he had to put his food products in strategic positions to lure customers away from the the healthier brands :/

I always have to skip the soda, chips and candy aisles or else ultimate doom awaits me

Daang 32 grams of sugar?

We make sun tea all the time. Just find a good container like a mini clear keg and for every cup of water we put in, we put a tea bag. We let it sit out from sun up til sun down :)

Sarah Mac 06-23-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki2476 (Post 2238069)
Ok so my first official weigh in day is today. I was a little nervous about stepping on the scale, but I am officially down 1 pound @ 215. Now I just have to keep moving forward. Good luck this week everyone.

:goodscale

Awesome! Hopefully I can lose that much this week :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.