3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/144450-girls-weve-gotta-work-labor-day-challenge.html)

Shay 07-02-2008 06:13 PM

Oh yeah Nessa (as Eny calls you, I like that)--being on 3FC has kept me out of the kitchen many nights. I like to say it is open 24/7 :)!

McKenziesmomma 07-02-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessacaca (Post 2252373)
Thank you guys for all the warm welcomes!! I woke up this morning not wanting to do a thing and got all mad at my scale but decided to push through all that and managed to do 2 miles on the treadmill and the biggest loser workout and an arm workout. So now I'm pooped! I have also increased my water today and have felt pretty full all day because of it. I have been in a rut and can't get the scale to move again so if it doesn't start moving again I may never reach my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

With more days like today's activity and exercise you should be down in now time at all :D ....especially if your calories are in check!!!

You'll get it girl just stick with it.....don't let the diet devil keep you from doing what you need to do...LOL

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...5sB/weight.png

dancingirl81 07-02-2008 10:05 PM

how do you handle those moments when common sense and sanity seem lost? I've been AWESOME the last three days - no binging, eating on plan, drinking my water.... and then tonight, i'm turning into the parking lot at walmart when a woman comes barreling around (she had a stop sign and I was making a left-turn off the main road to turn into the parking lot) she screams out her window at me for being an incompetent driver... I didn't say anything, just kept going.

however... i was shaken... felt like I wanted cry and scream (if I actually got my TOM, I'd swear I was PMSing...) and just basically needed a hug, lol. so i was good in walmart, got what i was looking for and went home... but not without stopping at a convenience store for a pint of edy's CC Cookie Dough... which took me about 10 minutes to consume.

all the time i'm thinking 'i'm not hungry, so i shouldn't be eating this!" but that didn't stop me. i know one screw-up isn't going to ruin me for the summer or for life... but man i feel like an idiot... and still need a hug!

Babygal 07-02-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessacaca (Post 2252373)
Thank you guys for all the warm welcomes!! I woke up this morning not wanting to do a thing and got all mad at my scale but decided to push through all that and managed to do 2 miles on the treadmill and the biggest loser workout and an arm workout. So now I'm pooped! I have also increased my water today and have felt pretty full all day because of it. I have been in a rut and can't get the scale to move again so if it doesn't start moving again I may never reach my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess calm down. Easy does it chickie you will reach your goal. We all will if we just keep at it.

Babygal 07-02-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likenoother (Post 2252528)
Hi everyone,
Isn't funny how we're just hanging together online and yet some of our cycles are together? TOM is kicking my a** right now. Hello you have been in my life since I was 10, I will be 36 this month, 26 years TOM--please give me a break.

How will I get to goal--I need to exercise and make healthy choices. I plan to do my 10K training program 3x/wk and weight training 2x/wk. If I'm in the mood I may exercise in the am & pm. That would definitely help. Also up the water. And one more thing, use my HRM to let me know if I need to ramp it up a bit.

Whoooo darlying, you want a break from who? TOM:?: wow, I am 10 years older than you and I have been wanting the same thing since I was 10 yrs old as well.
It is funny how chickies that hang out on this site seem to have simular cycles.:o I better not miss another one no time soon.:^:

McKenziesmomma 07-02-2008 11:17 PM

Ohhh...dancin' girl that's terrible...I'm sorry that happened to you! People can be suck buttholes! :hug::hug:

Just remember to breath, have that private moment to yourself and tell yourself....that comment that person made wasn't personal.....they would have said it weither it was you or anyone else. When you get upset and do something like eating a pint of ice cream (which makes us feel good cause we are looking to food for comfort from our distraught emotions) but you let that person control you...you let them make you do something you didn't want to do....

So next time....just put it in their face....say "Jeez....what an idiot! Its a good thing I'm a strong person in control of my life because that person sure can't control theirself"

And also remember (Eny's signiture says it best) If hunger isn't the problem food isn't the answer....

Find someone to talk to and hug or come here...you know there will always be someone here!!!

I hope you feel better!! Just start new tomorrow :) :hug:

Babygal 07-02-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingirl81 (Post 2252851)
how do you handle those moments when common sense and sanity seem lost? I've been AWESOME the last three days - no binging, eating on plan, drinking my water.... and then tonight, i'm turning into the parking lot at walmart when a woman comes barreling around (she had a stop sign and I was making a left-turn off the main road to turn into the parking lot) she screams out her window at me for being an incompetent driver... I didn't say anything, just kept going.

however... i was shaken... felt like I wanted cry and scream (if I actually got my TOM, I'd swear I was PMSing...) and just basically needed a hug, lol. so i was good in walmart, got what i was looking for and went home... but not without stopping at a convenience store for a pint of edy's CC Cookie Dough... which took me about 10 minutes to consume.

all the time i'm thinking 'i'm not hungry, so i shouldn't be eating this!" but that didn't stop me. i know one screw-up isn't going to ruin me for the summer or for life... but man i feel like an idiot... and still need a hug!

:hug: Precious, Precious come here :hug:

Babygal 07-02-2008 11:32 PM

Dispite all that I am going through I gave it my best effort to stay focused. I was only able to do one mile today, got halfway to where I want to be with my water intake, I made it to the grocery store and bought healthy food (mostly for lunch and snacks). I was like the folks on Deal or No Deal when I was looking for low fat and salt. Low, Low, give me Low. Oh yea, I bought the fiber tablets and protein drinks.

StNessa79 07-03-2008 01:53 AM

Wow! Everyone was on a roll tonight! I love it. Gives me a lot to think about.
Dancingirl - I'm sorry that lady sucks. I have to admit I would have done the same thing with the ice cream so don't beat yourself up about that. Just learn from the situation and move on. Tomorrow is another day and next time maybe you can get your frustration out with a work out - maybe something like kickboxing and you can pretend you're taking that lady out. :boxing:

As for my day, I did well with the points and totally didn't have the hunger issues like I did yesterday. I think I made a better lunch choice which is why I stayed full - I had tuna salad and crackers. I have to admit I am no where near as active as all of you. I think I may be able to become more active now that I have the kids go home earlier. Before I'd have kids until 7:30/ sometimes 8 and then by the time I cooked dinner, ate, cleaned up - it was late. Now the kids should be gone by 6 so that will give me more time in the evening to get myself moving. :running:

Babygal - thanks for being my :cheer:
Mckenziesmomma - I totally need to be working out as much as you are - goodness! :cp:
likenoother - I am digging this site - I am so glad I'm able to talk this all out with all of you! My husband isn't the easiest to sit with and tell him how hard it is to lose weight. So thank you for being here for me! :thanks:
Good night to all - see you in the morning!! :grouphug:

whoopseedaisee 07-03-2008 01:59 AM

Today was a pretty good day overall here, I think. Did okay with food, got in about 4 miles walking around plus a mystery amount chasing after Johnny for a large chunk of the early evening. Our backyard is more or less a "toddler wonderland" with all of the toys and playground stuff and whatnot we have back there so when it's decent weather it's great to take him back there. Sometimes, though, he'd much rather run up and down the sidewalk from one end of the block to the other ... over and over and over again. Today we did a bit of both! 2 year olds are so much fun :D

I have the next 3 nights off from work after tonight and I have been a bit worried about how I'd do plan-wise since my days off are always the hardest for me BUT part of the walk with Johnny today included a stop at Price Chopper (a grocery store for those who don't have them) and I got some really good food choices. I even remembered to take my PDA with me so I could calculate the points on stuff I wasn't really sure of before I bothered putting it in my basket!

Welp, it's almost time to do some actual work here at work but I'll be back ...

Enygirl 07-03-2008 08:09 AM

Good morning girls! It's great to see everyone doing so well for this challenge!

Baby - You're doing awesome! just stick with it! And I have to say the visual i got from your "Deal - No Deal" analogy was FUNNY! :rofl:

Nessa - Great job on making better choices! We all know how hard it can be - and that's why we're here. :D

Karen - 2 year olds are a BLAST! and you do get a TON of extra running around time with them! Just use him as extra motivation to get up and move! Every little bit burns more calories! Stick with it through these next few days off - it'll be good and you'll feel a lot more in control when you go back to work.

As for me - I'm still completely on plan. I'm looking forward to the weekend - except for the fact that Joe told me yesterday that he invited all the guys from work over for a cook out on Saturday - which means that I'll be spending all day Friday cleaning the house in preparation! AHH! I'm really looking forward to fireworks though! I LOVE THEM!

McKenziesmomma 07-03-2008 09:06 AM

StNessa - I'm being my own drill sergant...LOL!! Whats really motivating me right now is TOM though!! When it goes...I want to be able to come on here and post a big WHOOSH!!!! I want to be rewarded for being good :D

We will see!

lumifan4ever 07-03-2008 09:25 AM

Enygirl...just think of all the calories you'll burn cleaning up before you sit down to a delicious cooked on the grill meal!!! I love fireworks too but not planning to catch any this holiday. Got way to much going on to stop for that. I spent last night cleaning my living room as my bf and brother emptied it, taking all my furniture to the storage unit we rented. Tonight will consist of packing up my bf's apartment. Then tomorrow is going to be picking up the uhaul and moviing everything from his place to mine and then more of my stuff to the storage unit. Plus, i'm still trying to make room for him in my room. Then i gotta get everything together to take to the salvation army, which is ALOT. Donating an old, huge floor model tv from my kids playroom to make room for my bedroom tv i'm giving them. And it goes on from there. I gotta clean out all three of the girls bedrooms. Time to really get rid of what they don't wear or play with!!!

Food is not agreeing with me these days. I was up to 140 today!!! I have gotta get back on plan. I can't wait to go grocery shopping and start making my healthy breakfast and lunches again. Really gotta get back on track. And, i gotta get out of bed and start jogging in the morning. Even though i didnt have my jogging shoes at home this morning, i still wouldn't have made it out of bed on time to do it anyways. I just kept hitting that dang snooze button.

I hope everyone has an AWESOME 4th of July!!!

StNessa79 07-03-2008 10:14 AM

Good Thursday morning! :coffee2:
Hope everyone slept well. I personally don't get a whole lot of sleep which I know is something you're supposed to do but I can't seem to get myself in bed earlier than 12:30 am unless it's the weekend and I know I have nothing to get done before morning. Anyone else seem to be like that? Does anyone have a routine they follow to get themselves in bed earlier?
But anyway... just had my breakfast of cereal, banana, & soymilk :hungry:
Looking forward to a good day of good choices. It's my husband's day off so I'm not sure if we're going out for dinner or staying home. If we're going out it'll be a challenge but I was able to do it over the weekend with my parents so I should be able to do it now.
Makenziesmomma - I need a drill sargent! :drill: And I can't be my own because I'm too soft on myself. I know once you're through this little rough patch you will see all your efforts rewarded with that scale moving in your favor.

My mini goal at the moment is to lose a few pounds by the time my in-laws get here in 2 weeks so I don't look so huge in the photos. I at least would like there to be a slight difference in my appearance from the last time they saw me. Well I am off for now - I'll check in with you all later!
:dust:

McKenziesmomma 07-03-2008 10:34 AM

Yard Sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumifan4ever (Post 2253398)
Plus, i'm still trying to make room for him in my room. Then i gotta get everything together to take to the salvation army, which is ALOT. Donating an old, huge floor model tv from my kids playroom to make room for my bedroom tv i'm giving them. And it goes on from there. I gotta clean out all three of the girls bedrooms. Time to really get rid of what they don't wear or play with!!!

I hope everyone has an AWESOME 4th of July!!!

Hey!! I'm all for donating....I think its nice that you want to donate your things so those less fortunate may benefit :D !! Good for you!

If I could make a sugesstion....you may not be the yard sale type....but....back in May I decided to have my first yardsale....I uncluttered my home and decided that if I hadn't used it in the pas 6 months to a year to get rid of it....among other things....my sister and sister-in-law also brough things too....combined for a Friday and Saturday we made over $500.00. We each made at least $100.00. I made like $170.00!

Sounds like you may have some big ticket items!! We took everything we didn't sale and donated it! So we got the best of both worlds as Hannah Montana would say...LOL!!!

And you could use the money you make for new clothes, or to treat yourself to a massage....or a romantic weekend with your sweetie....or treat the whole family....or buy something for the house...or save it for a rainy day!

Just a suggestion when you started mentioning t.v.s and kids stuff I saw $$$$ LOL