Arrow June Weight Loss Challenge

Take 2!

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey Shari!

i suck right now... weight creeping up... im gonna eat super clean for 7 days and see what happens... no diet coke, no tea, just water.

im so annoyed!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #3  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Hey Paula and Shari!

Paula, here's some for you this week! I know you can do it! Onederland, here you come!!!!!

Here are my June goals (redux )

1. Lose 10 lbs.
2. Between 1200-1600 calories daily
3. Minimum of 30 min. exercise 4 days/week
4. Take fish oil and B vitamins every day (to help compensate for me not eating red meat, and very little meat in general)
5. Drink 80 oz. water daily

I have been doing well with my water and calories. I have been failing horribly at my vitamin and exercise goal. No excuses! I am going to take at least a 30 min. brisk walk outside tonight after the sun sets and it cools off a little. Tomorrow morning it's back to the gym for me. I am also going to take my vitamins after I log off in a few minutes. I'm feeling kind of lazy today so I think I will go out to the driveway and clean out the car. Anything to keep my mind off mindless eating! I have to get a new cell phone this weekend because my lovely little sister broke it last week by getting it wet. It was a Razr and only 1.5 years old. I really wasn't planning on getting a new phone until my contract with my provider runs out in November, but whatever. That will be 100+ dollars I wasn't planning on spending this month. Little sisters, gotta love them!

So far in June the scale has not really budged...it is stuck between 175 and 175.5. Grrrrrr!! Of course TOM did come a couple days ago but I think that if I start exercising, the scale will go down. I really want to lose 10 more lbs. this month, like I did last month. I feel SOOOOO much better after getting the first 11 lbs. off of my body. Never again will I see them!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #4  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Back from my visiting my sick grandma and up 5 pounds. I am actually happy with only a 5 lb. gain if that is any indication of how the 2 weeks went.

Goals for this month
- lose 10 pounds
- DRINK WATER!!!! (2 nalgene's a day)
- exercise at least 5 times a week

mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

Sorry I've been MIA, things aren't going good on my side. Hopefully things will get better soon and I can be back in full force.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday!! Okay...well...i'm hoping it's a happy one. TOM is visiting. I swear i didn't know he was coming so soon. geez!! Anyways...so i am not even getting on a scale this week until he is gone...around friday. Going to try to eat healthy...although i already had a peice of a cinnimon bun. Not the whole thing...not even really half. Maybe a 1/3. But...going to eat healthy the rest of the day. Got my sugar free and splenda flavored coffee...had my healthy egg whites, fat free cheese and turkey bacon wrap in a whole wheat tortilla. Lunch...not sure how healthy...spagettie and sauce. But i have a banana for a snack and a low fat yogurt (80 cal). Going to try to have a healthy dinner. Maybe chicken breast or something. We'll see. Gotta work late. Not sure what's for dinner. But...going to keep striving for at least 4 pounds loss this month. I really would like to be 132 by the end of june.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #7  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

Hey everyone!

Mamatoni, I hope your visit went well. Don't worry about the 5 lb. gain--it seems like you have a good plan in place to get them off! Good luck!

Shari, here's a big virtual for you. I hope things get better soon!

Lumifan, good job on planning your foods out. You made some really healthy choices today. Don't worry about the cinnamon bun. It's not going to make you gain weight as long as you compensate for the extra calories in the rest of your day.

I know that this is bad, but I never plan my food out. I just eat what I feel like eating at the time. Luckily I seem to have lost my sweet tooth I had when I was younger and I generally crave healthy foods now. Fine by me!

As for moi, I still find myself being reluctant about exercising. I did walk for 30min. last night which actually felt pretty good. I even did a little swinging at the park in my neighborhood although it made me dizzy. I felt so silly. I guess at 25 I'm too old for that. LOL.

My food has been fine. Water has been fine. Need to continue to work on remembering to take my vitamins in the am. The stubborn scale has not been budging from 175-175.5 for the last week so I am going to step up my exercise this week and see what happens. Of course TOM is still hanging around so maybe I will see a couple lb. drop on the scales once it leaves on Wednesday.

I can't believe there are only 3 1/2 weeks until the 4th of July! Anybody have any special plans? We are probably going to do a cookout, swim in our pool and in the evening we'll watch the fireworks display our town puts on at the local park every year. The thing I like most about Independence Day are the fireworks. Just love 'em!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Can I jump in? I want to have as much fire under me as possible.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #9  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Lumi ~ Good job on that cinnamon bun!

Bella ~ I never plan my meals either! Just eat what I want, if I'm truly hungry, and if it's something unhealthy, I eat the healthy version. No official plans for July 4th. It'll probably be last minute for me.

Vikki!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Yeah...no plans so far for me either. We were talking about meeting up with some of the bf's family in florida, but haven't heard much about that yet. Other than that...no plans except to try to drop a couple pounds. At this point, i'd be happy with dropping 2 by then. Heck...2 pounds a month is better than no pounds a month. I have gotta start getting more strict with myself.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:36 AM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I second that Lumi!

WI today: down 4 lbs.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Thanks, JasonsLea!

My goals for June:

1) Work out 5 days a week - no excuses
2) Do not eat more than 2000 calories (shoot for 1600)
3) Be 195 or below by June 30th
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #13  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

june goals:
-7 pounds, putting me at about 153
-at least 80 ounces of water and a multivitamin daily
-exercise 4-5 times a week
-between 1400-1500 calories a day
-and at least 8 hours of sleep
-meal plan: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #14  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

vikki & moralitylikeart, I joined the challenge last month and totally made my goal. The support here is really great! Good luck in reaching your goals this month!

Lumi, what part of FL are you possibly visiting? I was in Sth Florida for three months on business about a year or so ago and I fell in with the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beach area. Barring the hurricanes and heavy rain in the summer (plus the alligators and crocodiles, blech), it is heaven. I am such an ocean girl so living in AZ for the past 3 years has been pretty hard for me. With a little luck and a lot of hard work I plan on moving there next year. Yet another reason to get this excess weight off this year!!

Shari, Go you! 4 lbs. in one week? Really, GREAT job! Keep it up!

Here's some and for everyone, depending on which one you need right now! Today is the kind of day where I need both! LOL.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

I'd like to join in on this
My goals for June:
-lose 7 pounds
-take my MVI
-excercise 4-5 times/week; ideally for an hour but at least 30 minutes
-make sure to take my food to work
-drink at least 2 liters of water everyday