3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 8! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/141587-w-o-w-memorial-day-challenge-week-8-a.html)

JasonsLea 05-05-2008 05:45 AM

W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 8!

2 weeks to go, yall! :carrot:

Enygirl 05-05-2008 07:49 AM

Ok - I'm back. I know that I'm having severe motivational issues.. but I also know that getting back on here - posting amongst those that will support me through this helps. Also I realize that I am making progress. I used to "diet" for a week - then completely fall off for a month.. 2 months.. a year! I know what I want - i knwo what I have to do.. I just have to stay the course. Change when necessary - but keep moving forward! This is it. i may falter - i may fall (it's not uncommon for me to trip upstairs anyhow) but this is it!!!

I've gained a lot back :( but I know that going back to IE and cutting out a lot of the stuff that I've allowed myself to eat these last few weeks - I'll drop it quickly again. It's the 60# that's been stuck on me for over 10 years that I'm going to struggle with. - BUT I'M WORTH THE STRUGGLE!!!! Falling of fthe wagon for a few days is far better then the past - but it's not going to get me where I need to be.

So I'm WEEDing again
:smoking:
W - DRINK IT!! 64+ oz a day
E - Be sensible - McD's doesn't cut it, either does Little Caesers, Burger King, or Arby's... AND STOP DRINKING SO MUCH POP!!! When you're thirsty WATER!!!
E- MOVE! Do a video everynight. Even if it's a shorter one - MOVE!!!
D - Don't give up on yourself - in the end you're all you've got!

Nixmom 05-05-2008 08:02 AM

Hi Girlies

Back from Havasu. Fried to a crisp. Had a great day of just cruising and hanging out on the lake Saturday. We stocked our place and left the boat there so that this coming Sunday we can just head straight up again! Gotta get my butt in gear this week cuz I will be there ALL of next week.

Jlea
- Once again, thanks for starting the thread and YAHOOIE! on the upcoming apartment move in.

Eny- BRAVO... YOU ARE WORTH IT!. We all have roadblocks... anticipate them and pick another path! Here's to a new start girlie!

Good girls on the pigpen building, weight maintaining, and new new scale purchases! For those of you that posted, the thread was SUPER QUIET this weekend. What's up? We all need a shot of adrenaline!

Song for the day... "Burning for you" by BOC - more cowbell! Figured my flesh is on fire and I need to get my muscles burning so... how appropriate.

Weed for the day -
W - Gonna go 80 oz... need to rehydrate badly!
E - Walk at park on lunch break, Mmunches, Arm workout
E - 1550 or less
D - I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.:D

Have a great day ladies! TTYL

Grazer 05-05-2008 10:23 AM

JL- Congrats on the apartment.

Eny- Hang in there. The main thing is we've all been there and we all support each other!

Nix- Glad to see you had a nice weekend.

TOM is MIA. Starting to panic a bit despite having a TL after 2nd child.

jcatron243 05-05-2008 10:54 AM

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! Its MONDAY WAKE UP and SMELL THE W.E.E.D. :) Okay wake up and remember your WEED!!!!! I got up early and went to the gym. My intentions were to run 5k again but didn't have it in me this morning. I couldn't get my mind set in the right zone. I blame the lack of coffee for not getting on the treadmill first. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the tread. I decided to try interval training on the treadmill 3 minutes at 3.2 mph and 3 minutes at 4.2 mph. I did that for about 20 minutes then walked at 3.5 for 5 minutes. I intend to do pilates and weights later this morning.

Shari thanks for starting this weeks thread, How's it going?

Enygirl Good for you coming back here. I think coming here even when I am having setbacks helps me keep mindful of everything I put in my mouth.

Nixmom SUNBURN!!! yeah, me too. not as bad as yours it sounds like, but I am still pink. One of the first nice days of the year here and I forgot to lather us up with sunscreen.

Grazer, A couple of times I have had those scary late moments (I had TL after Tommy)

Well I need to get to my WEED or the D which is suprise suprise housework. So here it is:
W 120 oz
E 60 minutes cardio done! 20 minutes weights, 20 minutes pilates
E 1200 cals
D HOUSEWORK woo-hoo

Holyteror 05-05-2008 01:05 PM

Ladies I am here. I'm convinced the stress keeps the fat on my butt and everywhere else. I had no time for anything other than school this weekend. I'm super tired. Not sure how i did eating wise....that's how busy i was. I'll try to do better and stay on plan today though. But yes, I am here.

NurseMichelle 05-05-2008 03:12 PM

We DO need a shot of adrenaline! I'm here, back, recommitted for the zillionith time....here we go. What a weekend. I think I was intoxicated for at least 50 % of it....Friday night we rented Saw 2 and 3 (we got hooked after the first one last weekend...what a creepy, gory, thrilling movie...anyone else see them?) and it was one of those nail-biting experiences that I just kept drinking my BL....faster and faster....funny how much you can drink when you're distracted and in suspense. Saturday had a small party, two other couples came over and we drank and played games. Sunday was invited to poker game....guess where? a bar of course. But hey, I came in second place in both tournaments. They had this really neat Bud Light cooler, temp set at 20 degrees and the beer came in this tall metallic type bottle. The coldest and best beer I've ever had. Must buy one of those sub-arctic fridges!

SO enough drinking, ENOUGH fast food, ENOUGH period. This mini break from work was supposed to help get me back on track, not set me back even further. So I've been laying around all day, half hungover, mostly sleep deprived, now I'm up eating a healthy breakfast and have the chicken marinating for the grill and will cut up the veggies in a minute. Will get to the gym. For sure. Or at the very least a walk in the neighborhood.

Weight was back up to 251, and I gotta say, I thought it could have been worse.

Personals when I get back from picking up Robert, I've missed ya'll, and yes, it has been slow lately, the ends of the challenges tapers off a bit. But I promise to do my part to get us ROLLIN again. Love to all xoxooxo Michelle

aud 05-05-2008 04:07 PM

Hi Everyone - Long Time No WEED!:^:

Just caught up with all the Posts . . . I see that last we visited I was singing Pour Some Sugar On Me . . . how psychic of me here in retrospect!:dizzy:

STILL laid off . . . body clock STILL not sure what schedule it should be on . . . STILL full of excuses . . . Stress-Eating thru this Election - Polls open @ 4:30 am tomorrow and run for 24 hours . . . oddest election EVER - made somesigns over the weekend to Post at the Union Hall . . . getting ready to make a zillion calls to remind folks to vote - I've got two fellas running against me - we shall soon see how it goes - keep me in your VIBES WEED'ers!:hug:

Grazer 05-05-2008 05:43 PM

JCat- Great job on running 5K. I ran a little yesterday and realized I need new shoes. I tried to put the C25K program on my MP3 player but it wouldn't work.

HolyT- Like I've posted several times before: Give me an emotion and I'll eat to it!

Nurse- I liked the SAW movies too. Any excuse to drink is okay in my books!

Aud- I've missed you. Good luck on the election.

I ate well today- mindful and not too much sugar. I'm avoiding doing my Pilates or Yoga as I planned. Like I keep posting- I struggle with that type of strenght training even though I know it's good for toning.

WEED for tomorrow:

W- keep it up
E- OP
E- cardio
D- "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, Ain't nothin' gonna slow me down.." What a great cardio song!

mtiger 05-05-2008 07:48 PM

Hey, Hey!! So many of you have been here and posted already. I think there have been more posts today than all weekend long. So I have been working my tail off and now I have sore knees. So I am going to just walk (although fast) tonight. Couldn't work out with my friend after school so I am on my own. I got the new, new scale and I think I like it. I am ready to rock. I am coming to grips with the fact that my body is just going to lose slowly. :(
But, it's okay. I am learning to accept.

Shari- Thanks, of course

Eny- You've got the right frame of mind. Get on the bandwagon with the rest of us. We are going to make some progress.

Nix- Ouch!!:cool: :mad: I hate sunburns. Glad to see you back for the week. Get busy girl!!

Jcat- That's the nice thing about a treadmill, you can tell how fast, inclines etc. I figure if I walk, then jog that is some interval training also. Keep up the great work.:woops:

holyt- I hated those weekends that were all about school and no time for me. Just remember, this too shall pass.

NurseM- this is why I am glad I don't drink. If I did I would easily drink way too many calories. Well, it's over, so time to get back with the program. Let's go.

Aud- Good luck. It will all be over soon.

Grazer-:tantrum: C'mon, you know what you need to do.

W- 3 bottles, and I haven't even had one yet.
E- WATP 45 min./3 miles
E- 1400-1500
D- Trust that life will bring you joy.

See ya tom.

Nixmom 05-05-2008 08:33 PM

Cinco de Macko...

:hun: So I fumbled around this morning looking for something semi on plan to throw in the lunch sack. Got to work and LOW AND BEHOLD its flippin cinco de Mayo potluck day. Forgot all about it. Ate like a horse. Moped around like Eeyore ( "I just wanna go home" ) because I couldn't flippin breath I was soooo stuffed. Got 1/2 my water down so far and gonna push for the rest before bed. My scale when I got home this evening... up 5 lbs. TOM is in route, I'm over carb exhausted and I HAVE TO PULL IT TOGETHER!

Did get some yoga in this AM. Gonna do a hardcore speed clean on the house (which means a good hour) and try to regroup for tomorrow. BF is in the barn shifting crap around. DS is at the gym. The house is virtually all mine. Would love to cuddle up with a book, but know that I need to keep moving!

Love, love, love that you ladies are here. Makes me grin everytime I get to see a new post! Want to do personals, need to scrub the shower though. So maybe I'll be back later to post some more. Want to get creative with my WEEDs from this point through the end of the challenge. NEED TO PICK IT UP!

:dizzy: be back later

jcatron243 05-05-2008 10:13 PM

AHh no jury duty after all so I do work tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go to bed. I am going to try and get in a workout tomorrow after swim lessons. The Y closes at 8 I think so I have some time to workout. I just want to get in 30 minutes (chances are I wont though).
I babysat my nephew today so I wasnt able to do my strength training. Then from lunch on I seemed to just eat. :( Oh well tomorrow will be great. then I will get in good workouts on wed and thurs mornings.
I plan on running each day. I have to get some coffee in me before I go so I will have to get up by 5. Good night everyone!

JasonsLea 05-06-2008 01:22 AM

:wave: yall!

Glad to see everyone, it's time for me to get to bed but just wanted to send out a :grouphug:.

:val2: Eny!

Tomorrow is WI!

Grazer 05-06-2008 05:22 AM

Finally did the Yoga video. I can concentrate for about 6 poses then I start feeling bored. Managed to get it done.

Can't forget my song for the day "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothin' gonna slow me down, ohhh, I got to keep on movin...."

jcatron243 05-06-2008 06:02 AM

quick workday weed:

W64 oz
E maybe hit the treadmill for a 30 minute jog after swim lessons but probably just extra laps
E1200 cals
D get through today, two more days off after this.

mothermavis 05-06-2008 06:06 AM

OK, not so good for the last few days.
Was down to 146 on Saturday and back to 151 today. Not enough water I dare say. In between, I've hurt my back so exercise is not in the cards for a few days, can barely walk. All the more reason to focus on food, I've focused alright, in the wrong way!

Today
W 4
E not looking good, will try to do some standing crunches and some stretching
E OP, need to have a plan for the day.
D Back on the wagon.

JenMusic 05-06-2008 08:42 AM

Hey, WEEDers. Sorry - my internet is slow, so I just opened directly to the last page. Which means I can only say hi to MM this morning, since she's the only one I see. :) But hi to everyone I can't see!

I, as well, need to focus on food, because my exercise hasn't been happening lately. Today wasn't bad, but I did eat too much rice as dinner.

Wednesday's WEED (I'm 12 hours ahead of most of you):
W - 3L
E - Lunch and dinner will both be out tomorrow. Watch rice portions and plain put my chopsticks down!
E - Not sure this weird backache I have will be gone. I guess, see what happens in the morning?
D - Hmm . . . a classic quote: Eat for the body you want, not the body you have!

Have a great day, all!

musictchr 05-06-2008 09:01 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Well, I'm still kind of stuck, but my clothes feel different. I think I'm going through that "your body is changing but the scale isn't" phase. Eating has been OK, but the exercise has been awesome!!! :cb: :running: I've added a bunch of walking. I used to do 40 minutes on the treadmill each morning. I'm now doing all of my walking outside (much more intense) - 2 miles in the AM, AND 2 miles in the evening. I actually crave it now - It's become an obsession!!!!!!

WEED for the week:
W - 4-5 bottles
E - AM and PM walk - 4 miles total
E - keep on plan
D - gotta get over the hump, but at least I haven't gained :D

Enygirl 05-06-2008 09:06 AM

You girls are a lot to keep up with! :D

MM - Sorry about your back :getwell: Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard!

Grazer - Good job doing the video! (I need to get out mine too!) One thing that helps with the bordo for me is to put in some rocking music. It seems to make the poses go by faster ;)

Shari - How'd the WI go? :kiss:

jcat - Stick with it girl. Sometimes it's OK to have our exercise a little off plan.. Just keep moving!

Nix- I LOVE the saw movies! I've seen 1 & 2. It's funny though - even though I love them - they still give me nightmares (maybe that's why I love them.. hmmm...:)) Take yesterday's party mode in stride... Although I'm totally with you on the Carb exhaustion! I'm working on ways to stop doing that to myself. If I didn't love bread SO much!!!

Michelle - Good to see someone on the same page as me. I also came back recommitting yesterday.. the good thing is WE'RE BACK!!!

Aud - :hug: It'll all work out the way it's supposed to hon.. Hang in there!

Holy - *breathe* :hug: School's a pain! But it is worth it in the end. you can do this!

Ok - as for me: I didn't do my video last night, but I'm not beating myself up over it. I ate better... not great though. i started journaling everything that went into my mouth yesterday... a lot of mini candy bars.. hmmm.. not good. I'm going to fix that today! - So yesterday I WD'd... it's a start...MUCH better then the last few weeks.

Ok here's today's :smoking:

W - I'm not allowing myself to drink anything else until I get all 64 oz in! (aside from my wake up green tea:))
E-If you bite it - Write it! Keeping myself accountable
E-Move your butt to lose your butt! and thighs, and chicken wings, and waist, and...
D-"A Man is not Finished when He is Defeated. He is Finished when He Quits"... I'm not quitting!

aud 05-06-2008 09:10 AM

Off to the Polls . . . late start - dh were out there in the Wee Hours putting up my homespun "Re-Elect" Signs . . . hilarious story that I'll tell another time . . . Polls close tomorrow @ 4:30am - I'll have the results shortly afterward & Post then . . . right now I've made grazie's Song of the Day my Campaign Theme Song - Sing with me?

Blue Lagoon
Rap Version
:carrot:

Last night I had the strangest dream
I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find ya
And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned
Didn`t want no one to hold you, what does that mean
And you said

Ain`t nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody`s gonna slow me down, oh no
I`ve got to keep on moving
I`m running an I won`t touch ground, oh no

Reaching out to all dem to Lovers
They can`t find them self you know

You`re on the road and now you pray it lasts
The road behind was rocky, but now you`re feeling cocky
You look at me and you see your past
Is that the reason why you`re running so fast
And you said

Nothing gonna break my stride, I`m gonna keep on movin
Ca me na stand still me gonna keep on grovin
While me walk down the street of Revolution
Hear the sound of freedom till I reach Mount Zion
Nobody slow me down, and I won`t touch ground
Feel Jah Jah present, an I feel him all around
Good Vibration ina you an me, will bless eveybody ina Community

Never let another guy like you, work me over
Never let another guy like you, drag me under
If I need another guy like you, I will tell him
Never want another guy like you, have to say, oh

Woman
I`m running and I won`t touch ground, oh no

I said

Beca me keep on movin, break my stride

Break my stride

OH OH

AH AH AH
Ain`t nothinh gonna break my stride

Got to slow me down, down, down, down, down know
I`ve got to keep on movin
Nothing gonna drop me drop me under
I`m running and I won`t touch ground, oh no

Nothing gonna break my break my stride
I`ve got to keep on movin

Dema won`t take us down

:carrot:

Holyteror 05-06-2008 10:06 AM

Our offer was accepted on a home that belonged to an elderly person before they passed away. It's an ok home. Dream home will be in Texas after DH decides to retire from the USAF. It's a house. it'll do. I'm not crazy about the old fart living across the street...when we went to see the house it was 9:30 am on a sunday....and he was out working in the yard. I hope he's not running the lawnmower at that time. My old lady neighbor next door is a real pain, she has our landlord on speed dial. I'd prefer to not live next to another old fart who's gonna complain all the time.

I'm really tired. When i went to turn in my assignment the online school system went down. I emailed my prof and sent him my file that way, then got up and posted again today when the system was up.

I am *so* wiped out. I have to make lunch with what i've got...i should've grilled some chicken but no time this morning. I'll figure something out.

Hope you're all doing well. I'm hoping to post again soon today.

mtiger 05-06-2008 02:45 PM

Hey, just wondering. Don't we have three weeks left till Memorial Day, counting this one?

My new, new scale was down a little today. We'll see if it stays off. Friday is weigh-in and I'm hoping it is good news. Today was teacher appreciation day and they served us lunch. It was good and I ate a little too much. But I can adjust for dinner and eat light. It was ham with cheese on a croissant (bad), carrots, a few chips and I did splurge and have a cookie.

Holyt- Congrats :congrat: on the house. You will soon be a homeowner. How exciting.

Aud- Hope all goes well at the polls. Hey, I don't even know what you are running for.

Eny- I am feeling the same way. There are so many people active now it gets hard to keep up. I am doing my best. Keep working out, you know you need to.

Music- I too have been stuck, but recently realized I am making some SSSLLOOOWW progress. I'll fluctuate like 219-220 back and forth. Then I'll see 218 and fluctuate between 218 and 219 for a while, then drop a little again. It is slow and painstaking, but it is coming off eventually. I just need to accept that and keep doing what I'm doing. It's going to take forever, but I will get there.

Jen- Get on that exercise wagon. You know you need to.:^:

MM- Hang in there. Read my comment to Music. Slow and steady wins the race. Just keep on keepin on.

See ya all tom.

Holyteror 05-06-2008 04:38 PM

Ladies....do any of you know anything about gallstones?

jcatron243 05-06-2008 08:34 PM

Sorry HolyT I don't know anything about them. Congrats on the house!

I have to take Tommy to the doctor tomorrow so I doubt I will go and work out. The daycare called today and asked if he hurt his back yesterday (no) then from what DH told me they said he fell over and shook a little bit then cried that his back hurt. My initial reaction was to leave work ASAP and take him to the doctor but DH said lets watch him. Then after stewing for about an hour and a half I decided to have him call the doctor (since he has more access to a phone.) Of course Tommy's ped is on vacation for the month but we can take him in and get his vitals checked by the on-call doc. Well I said yes lets do that, so we got an appt. Then they called back and switched docs so that what happened could be looked in to more fully. (YAY) After reading the accident report from his provider I really freaked out. she wrote that he went stiff, fell over backwards and had what appeared to be a seizure. AAkkkkk Now I am totally freaked out that I didn't take him to the hospital. So I don't think I will be working out in the morning, I will be watching his every single move (guilt of the working mother setting in.)

WEED okay so far, up and down the ladder all day, running back and forth from one end of the plant to the other, heart rate was above norm all day ! Okay gotta go stare and my boy.

Grazer 05-06-2008 08:56 PM

Not a bad day today. My legs, butt, and sides are stiff from doing yoga. Yikes and I only did a basic video. I took the kids for a short walk this p.m because I was hurting too much to go for a long walk.

Aud- thanks for the song. I've been humming it all day!

HolyT- Congrats on the house.

JCat- I hope your little guy is okay. Guilt and motherhood seem to go hand in hand.

Eny- Good job on not beating yourself up. I've learned to forgive myself a lot.

MM- I hope your back is on the mend!

MusicT- Congrats on the NSVs and the walking.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Tomorrow's WEED:

W- keep it goin
E- OP
E- pilates or yoga
D- everything in balance

JasonsLea 05-07-2008 02:08 AM

:wave: everyone!

WI: down 1.8!

Eny ~ :cheer3::val2:

HT ~ I guess semi congrats about the house? I don't know much about gallstones except they are painful and my BFF had to have her gallbladder removed because of them.

JC ~ I hope the little guy is okay. :(

JenMusic 05-07-2008 09:08 AM

Hey, ladies!

MusicT - I'm so jealous of your exercise obsession! I had that once. :) Don't let it go, because it's murder to get back!

mtiger - Thanks for the encouraging words. Sometimes I need a kick in the rear. Don't we all?

HolyT - Yay on the house, boo on the gallstones. All I know is I apparently have one, which was discovered in an ultrasound during a routine physical. My doctor said lots of people have gallstones but no big issues with them. I hope you're ok.

JCat - Sending you a hug and prayers! Let us know how your son is doing.

JLea - YAY for such a great loss! Yippee!

Today was pretty much a disaster. I overate - some of which was intentional, but some of which was totally me on autopilot. How aggravating! I ate lunch with a friend at her house, and after we were finished I started eating the jelly beans in her candy dish. It wasn't til my 5th or 6th jelly bean that I realized what I was doing. Ack!!!!!!!!!! That is NOT a way to take control of my body. :(

I have a guest, an old friend, from the States here for a few days. I need to stop making excuses and just do what's got to be done. Like exercise.

That's me for the day. Hope you all are well!

Grazer 05-07-2008 09:18 AM

JL- Congrats on the loss!

JenM- I got into an exercise rut over the winter. I think it happens to everyone. I'm sure you'll get back into it.

I have to say that two days after the Yoga video my legs, lower back, and sides are still burning. It's an instructional video "Yoga for Dummies". I'm planning on trying it again tonight, or at least part of it.

Holyteror 05-07-2008 09:46 AM

I haven't worked out much this week at all :( I actually went to bed around 10:30 last night and woke up before the alarm went off...or so I thought. I kept hitting the snooze again. I got up, got showered, got chicken on the grill, shirataki noodles in the microwave....and breakfast muffin in the micro too. Don't know what sauce or whatnot i'm gonna put in the noodles..probably just some frozen veggies. Better than nothing. DH keeps dragging his feet about going to the grocery store with me and is being a real pain about it. Then the moron decides at 10 last night to go run in the neighborhood instead of on the treadmill. we had a nice big fight about that. How hard is it to use the treadmill....that's what it's for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have severe pain with the gallstones (if that's what i've got) every couple of months. Everything would just be all at once. I haven't even stepped on the scale....i should just eat dang soup. That means i'd have to hit the grocery store to do that. and with DH's promise of "yes I'll go" and him dragging his feet, it doesn't make it any easier :(

But other than that i'm having a good morning, got sleep, got some rest.

I'll post more later :)

jcatron243 05-07-2008 10:16 AM

Thanks for the well wishes. heading to the doctor now. I"ll let you know when I get back.

Enygirl 05-07-2008 05:56 PM

I forgot to post my WEED today... OOPS!!!

So - W- drank it (well still 12 oz short for the day, but will do that w/ dinner/workout.) :D
E - Doing really good! Even went to Mongolian Bar-b-que and only had 1 bowl (usually I make 2 or 3!)
E - Pilates, lower body after dd is in bed
D - I CAN'T isn't a reason to give up - it's a reason to try harder!

Today's a good day (other then BF's mood :()

mothermavis 05-07-2008 06:46 PM

JC, hope Tommy's ok. Let us now.

Aud, how goes the election? Is it over or is that the next 4:30 AM.

HT, unless you live in the boonies like me, there will always be neighbors, make nice, maybe he'll mow your new lawn!!

jcatron243 05-07-2008 07:22 PM

I'm home. Doc is scheduling us an EEG. We are going to have his regular ped call us as soon as he gets home. So we really no nothing but the doc does think it was a seizure, maybe an isolated freak thing maybe not.

Enygirl 05-07-2008 08:08 PM

jcat - I'm not sure what happened... but in February on my B-day my little one had a seizure. We went through all the testing and everything and found nothing. In our case it was an isolated thing - hopefully it will be for you too... although i still am nervous about it.

Grazer 05-08-2008 05:36 AM

JCat- Hoping the seizure was an isolated thing. Hugs to you!

I was at Gran's house yesterday so you know what happened- too many treats. But, I didn't overindulge like I usually do. I didn't do the Yoga video last night- I just felt like a hot bath and a good book.

Today's WEED:

W- chug
E- Mindful
E- cardio & strength
D- "It's raining again..oh, oh, oh...raining again..."

Enygirl 05-08-2008 07:55 AM

Good morning girls! Yesterday I was good - up until about 10:30 pm.. then I ran to Rally's (same as Checkers) and got a chicken strip sandwhich... *sigh* oh well... I did 45 mins of pilates last night focusing on lower body.. and MAN my lower abs are feeling it this morning FOR SURE!!!

Here's the WEED for today
W-Drink it
E-When hungry - only til full
E-do some cardio tonight
D-""There's only one way to succeed in anything
and that is to give everything." Vince Lombardi

Nixmom 05-08-2008 10:24 AM

Hi girls!

Sorry I've been MIA! Been crazy, although I have been reading the posts. Found out my 13 year old rotty has skin cancer. Not going to mortgage my house for Chemo which is the only treatment. Argh. Work is piling up and my to-do list is outrageous. Hard to pick priorities for the next two days. Off all next week and DREADING what I am going to come back to. Food is definitely off plan. Exercise is non existent. I simply want to go somewhere and drink - and I aint talkin water.

Quick personals and then I have to get ready for work!

Grazer
- The yoga thing... I tried to do it on FitTV the other day. 1st time. I did 30minutes of the 1hour long show. Boredom hit me as well. Since I see that you are getting some "good soreness" from it, I will have to give it another chance and...

Eny - gonna steal your idea and put some better music in the background. That elevator music just makes me want to go back to bed when I'm done :D

Jcat
- Thinking positive thoughts for your little man. I know that's an unnerving thing and waiting for he doctor just prolongs it. When he was in 6th grade, my son hit his head at a friends house and I didn't know. After school when I picked him up he kept asking me the same question over and over like we hadn't just had the same conversation two minutes prior. It freaked me out (I was thinking drugs, drinking, tumor) He had a concussion (sp?) and I had to keep him awake all night and continue to watch him. Scary stuff when your babies are impacted, no matter what age! Praying for good news for you!

MMavis -
Hope your backs feeling better!

JenMusic
- Ahh... the overeating. Apparently that has been my plan the last two days. TOM is arriving shortly and I have been devouring EVERYTHING. Even if it doesn't taste good. Needless to say... I plan to have a gain tomorrow at WI. Lets get back on track, huh?

Music
- 4 MILES A DAY? Holy Moly!!!! You rock. Are you still keeping up at that pace? Can I get some of what your having?

HolyT
- What's up HOMEOWNER? Congrats. And don't worry about the old guy neighbor. He may be lonely, nosey, and genuinely irritating, but I guarantee you the 1st long trip you take away, he will GLADLY take on patrol and report back to you ANY suspicious activity (unidentified cats hanging out, cars that slow their speed in front of your place, License plates from your family's vehicles when they come to check the mail) He's like a built in security system. Get on his good side. It'll pay off in the end! BTW - get to the doctor on the gallstones, would ya? You worry me.
Jlea - 1.8 down :carrot: Great Work! How's that apartment coming?????

Nchelle - I need to RECOMMIT to... unfortunately, it will probably have to be on May 19th. Havasu all next week. I hope you girls can forgive me. These couple weeks are my vacation/slacker weeks every year.

Whew -- if I missed anyone, I'll catch ya next time.

WEED TODAY (Ya right)
W- 64oz
E- House cleaning later? Walking back and forth to the printer at work?
E- Cook the freakin ground turkey already!
D- Runnin' on empty - Jackson Browne

jcatron243 05-08-2008 11:37 AM

Morning ladies. thanks for the support I really need it. Im expecting the place where the eeg will be done to call at anytime. I wanted to go to the gym so bad this morning, but I slept in to long. Yesterdays food was high. No water to speak of and no workout so today I will get in my WEED! Today will be my last workout for the week so it needs to be good! Tommy is in that wake up and scream for me stage so I need to run. Sorry I haven't gotten to personals.

W 120
E 60 minutes of cardio/20 minutes weights/ 20 minutes pilates
E1200
D Housework

Holyteror 05-08-2008 01:26 PM

Easy does it Jen. Take care of the little one and let us know how he's doing :)

Got to see my friend's baby last night...she is truly adorable. Her big sissy is starting to look more like Goldilocks every day. I had one in one arm, and the other in my lap sorta :) I got kissies though so that's good enough for me.

The workout i did yesterday at lunch made me sore, so that's a bonus. DH's getting on that one good nerve i have...not for his normal stupidity but for "where's this bill? How much is this? Did you pay this yet?" last night. The man gave me a headache and frankly I was glad he didn't go with me last night (although he said he would).

Now that he has to get in shape for the end of June he's working out at night...every night. I wish I could and still be able to sleep :(

I'll try to post more personals this afternoon...I'm leaving here at 11:45 for the day and have today and tomorrow off. I'll be working on school stuff but I will be at home online :D

Grazer 05-08-2008 05:20 PM

Tom has found me at last. I ate pretty well today except for Dinner- lots of chocolate after burger and fries- real TOM food. Why do people experience so much hunger with TOM?

Anyone want to try a Pilates/Yoga challenge next week? Maybe try to get it in 2-3 times? I'm going to try the video again with Eny's music suggestion too. Not sure if I'll get cardio in tonight. It's been a long day with the kids and I feel yucko.